PDA

View Full Version : Seeking 'fear flap' alternative. Need ideas!

JailRock
10-18-2009, 01:43 AM
Hello,

I'm currently using vinyl strips hanging from a ceiling down into the pathway of my haunt. My haunt is outoor and the vinyl strips are cold and stiff, and it hurts to walk into them. The idea is similar to scareproducts version of 'fear flaps.'

I'm looking for black material or some sort of an effect to put in a hallway 20 feet long. Anyone know of a safe material?.....I've used landscaping fabric in the past, however it tears easy.

Any ideas would be great.
thanks.

Tater
10-18-2009, 03:51 AM
Alot of Haunts Ive been too use that Black Round PVC piping that you would find at like a Garden Center (has the ridges on the outside of it), they seem to just cut it and hang it, and it works good as a curtain to break the scenes up

freak 'n' stein
10-18-2009, 05:15 AM
yes what Tater said, the corrugated drainage tubing/pipe.

Jim Warfield
10-18-2009, 01:42 PM
Made my hanging light and temperature blockers (slower-downers)
I made the vynl about 2 inches in diameter, glued together with Goop glue, then stuffed loose fiberglass insulation inside (like a sausage) using a stick to help poke and work it in tight.
The are heavy enough to give some resistance but not too heavy and they slide over skin easily and can be washed.
The glue seam in on the inside, buy those little plastic spring clamps to hold it together for a day before stuffing .
Customers crowded around my entrance can't see inside my first room with these hanging there, slows down the draft too.
"If you want to "see", you have to pay first."
Tease,tease,tease.

DDJR
10-18-2009, 02:22 PM
Banner material that you would get at sign supply.

spookhaven
10-18-2009, 08:11 PM
Get a roll of rubber roofing.