PDA

View Full Version : attendance part 2

Fireworker
10-23-2009, 09:13 AM
Ok, Now I am ready to kill myself... more rain predicted for this Saturday the 24th... is attendance holding up for the rest of you or is it off.. as some of you may know, this is my first year so I have no historical basis to go by. Is this weekend ( the 24th and 25th) the big weekend or is it next week since Halloween falls on a Saturday... One other thing I've noticed, everyone who calls us about our Haunt is asking us if it is suitable for Kids, I mean small kids like 7 and under, but when I see ads for Haunted Houses they clearly are aimed at teens and Young adults based on the web sites I see and other forms of advertising.. so I guess my second question is this a usual misconception by people that Haunted Houses are for kids, or is it just because it's our first year and people don't know what to expect from our Haunt.. for the record our Haunt is not for kids. Thanks for any feedback in advance.

bhays
10-23-2009, 11:27 AM
This should be the 'BIG WEEKEND'... always has been for us, even with Halloween on a weekend night.

rwrussom
10-23-2009, 12:16 PM
If last night was any indication, it will be a good weekend. Numbers jumped last night by 4x the previous Thursday.

danglin
10-23-2009, 01:42 PM
The rain is driving me crazy as well. We are doing a hayride (first year also), and the rain here in Georgia is killing us! We have closed at least one night each of the past three weekends due to rain. On Thursday nights, we have been shutting down because attendance has been so low. More rain today, unfortunately, and it is not looking good for tonight.

We are not seeing nearly the numbers that we had hoped. Not sure if it is the weather or the economy.

HauntedMemphis
10-23-2009, 02:17 PM
Ok, Now I am ready to kill myself... more rain predicted for this Saturday the 24th... is attendance holding up for the rest of you or is it off.. as some of you may know, this is my first year so I have no historical basis to go by. Is this weekend ( the 24th and 25th) the big weekend or is it next week since Halloween falls on a Saturday... One other thing I've noticed, everyone who calls us about our Haunt is asking us if it is suitable for Kids, I mean small kids like 7 and under, but when I see ads for Haunted Houses they clearly are aimed at teens and Young adults based on the web sites I see and other forms of advertising.. so I guess my second question is this a usual misconception by people that Haunted Houses are for kids, or is it just because it's our first year and people don't know what to expect from our Haunt.. for the record our Haunt is not for kids. Thanks for any feedback in advance.

Family friendly vs adult entertainment is one of the main reasons I decided to do reviews on Memphis area haunts. I don't give an overall rating trying to rank haunts or anything like that, but I try to let the haunt audience know what they are getting into with each haunt. The local newspaper actually focused on the fact that I tried to give recommendations on which haunts were better to take kids to, and which haunts were targeted for more mature audiences.