PDA

View Full Version : Attn sliders !!

maliciousstudios
10-29-2009, 09:38 PM
We would like to know about the equipment you use....

what are your likes ?

what are your disslikes ?

How would you make some of the equipment better ?

( If you would rather talk to us via private message that is fine )

BUT.... we are looking into ways to serve you AND save you some dough !!

lets talk about gloves, pads, boots, materials you have experience with but most of all lets talk about your needs. Expense seems to be what we hear the most so we are going to try to give you better quality for LESS. Lets all work together and tackle this problem. ( Help Us Help You sort of thing )

We are currently working with sliders, testing out some different materials which will let you slide better yet stay in control of your slides.

UnDeRTaKer313
10-30-2009, 05:31 AM
were doing some pretty sweet stuff over here with sliding.
i will fill you in after this weekend when i got some free time!
the one thing i cant quite figure out is how to make sparks without buying 200$ gloves! lol

maliciousstudios
10-30-2009, 08:55 AM
Lets just say..... I want to talk to all of the sliders to try to make better equipment for less.... and yes... we can beat the norm

This seems to be a guarded secret so ( we cannot let the cat out of the bag ) I cannot talk about materials because honestly it would'nt be fair to the vendors....BUT we CAN talk about how we can make better equipment. IF THERE CAN BE ANY IMPROVEMENT AT ALL.... ( one thing we can improve on is the price )

If you have noticed I like to test the water....feel around a bit before jumping in. And I think the forum is a great place to do it.

We will be sending out a few FREE SAMPLES to the "Chosen" groups to critique "privately"...

some of you may become part of our R&D department because AFTERALL who knows better than YOU ??

Lets Talk....

Badger
10-30-2009, 11:20 AM
I wouldn't mind being a part of your R&D group...

I hate the fact that pads wear out so soon. I have yet to find a pair of kneepads that last more than a season. Most times, sliders would go through 3-4 pairs.

I'd also like to see if someone can attach a bit of magnesium to glove fingertips or palms for MAXIMUM sparks on asphalt. I saw a slider who had riveted a block of it to his gloves and he made so many sparks, I thought he would literally catch on fire...

OdetteDespairr
10-30-2009, 12:54 PM
Flesh toned gloves.

maliciousstudios
10-30-2009, 07:32 PM
please ....do not use Magnesium.... do me this one favor. Don't use Magnesium on your sliding equipment..... need proof ? watch youtube videos about Magnesium fires..... Scary stuff.... THIS IS NOT THE MATERIAL USED...

Here is a magnesium fire.... watch what happens when you try to put a magnesium fire out with water.... Magnesium uses the oxygen in water to burn brighter and hotter ( around 4500 degrees ).... still want to attach it your hand ??

LMFAO

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/trN1N7MZTVM&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/trN1N7MZTVM&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Badger
10-30-2009, 07:53 PM
How about flint...?

maliciousstudios
10-31-2009, 02:44 PM
Flint isnt a good material either....it does throw sparks IF you slide it across rough steel....the best flint you can get I hear is called Brandon Flint ~ from Brandon England

BUT still not what you are looking for....

This aside.... I want to open the floor to talk about equipment and how you may want to improve.... ( Other than just lower the cost ) I want to hear things like,

"We use toe guards do to wearing out steel toe boots.... I wish someone would offer some sort of guard to protect the boots toe"

Or sparks from finger tips.... <--- these are just some of what I hear

This isnt meant to be a post to help you guys discover what material is or isnt used to make sparks...lmfao.....

( I know everyones curious )

We are working on some samples to send out to a few groups
( ATTN HAUNT OWNERS )
Do you have a group of sliders ?? Would you like to iprove quality as well as price of your equipment ??

LETS TALK

LOL.... back to the subject.... if youd rather speak privately - P.M. or Email us

Mr Nightmarez
11-05-2009, 10:49 AM
We developed some new tools this season as all of our Ghost Ride equipment fell apart.

I'm working on a new design and pads too...

Don't mind sharing, as we have been sliding for 5 years and increase our numbers each year!

Barry
11-06-2009, 08:08 AM
On a related note, how about a seminar on sliding??? I think it would be a cool addition to MHC. Anyone interested in taking it? Anyone interested in teaching it? Any vendor interested in featuring some products in it??

Nightmare_Trance
11-06-2009, 08:10 AM
Barry, I would attend the slider class in a heart beat!

Badger
11-06-2009, 08:12 AM
I'd be there. And I think I know who might be interested in teaching it...

MorgueofDoom
11-09-2009, 11:32 AM
I don't use the spark gloves for sliding. Our haunt is located in a 85 year old brick building. The elements spark more on bricks then they do on concrete. The downside is the elements only last about 6 nights. We make our own gloves due to the damage bricks do to them.

I would like the option to be able to purchase just the elements as well as see if there is a way to maximize the lifespan of the elements.

I understand the lifespan of the elements will vary according to usage...

maliciousstudios
11-09-2009, 02:11 PM
I have given some thought to selling refills.... also given thought to attacking other needs i.e. other means of sparking.... we are currently working on the sparking chainsaws.... We are working hard to fill needs of many.

STAY TUNED

spookhaven
11-10-2009, 10:08 PM
Barry would have 3-4 signing up for MHC from our group.

xxxdirk
11-10-2009, 11:12 PM
Id attend a seminar on sliding, and I am pretty sure one of my crew would also attend.....

Barry
11-12-2009, 09:51 PM
Thanks for the responses!

Stay tuned ;)

maliciousstudios
11-13-2009, 08:11 AM
So much for the original intension of this thread.....

The Asylum House
11-13-2009, 07:32 PM
We have discussed adding sliders next year. funny I should come across this thread. Asylum House would love to attend a seminar at MHC and / or be part of R&D.

Nat
Asylum House Productions
www.theasylumhouse.com

spookhaven
11-14-2009, 08:52 PM
We did kind of get off track on this thread but for a lot of us, we don't have the knowledge to get our actors sliding safely so we need training. I think you have a good idea, but you need more actors being able to do it. I will not allow mine to unless they go through training. Which, we are looking for. Since you have the knowledge of the safety equipment, maybe you could do a seminar or combined with an experienced slider to do one at one of the conventions. Then sell your product.

Haunted Illinois
11-14-2009, 10:13 PM
I think that there is a place for it, but I think that haunters need to be really careful when using "sliders" at their event. There needs to be proper training, otherwise problems can occur. I have been to a couple of haunts where these "sliders" actually run into patrons. Just my two cents.

scrymnstr
11-15-2009, 10:14 AM
How about making the pads way more durable. I have a guy who is built like Tyler Mane (6'6" w/ pro wrestler build). He has destroyed a couple of pairs of pads in a matter of half a dozen slides each.

UnDeRTaKer313
11-15-2009, 12:04 PM
Ok dokey.... in keeping with sliding.
we experimented yesterday and came to the common conclusion that different pads are needed for different surfaces. however our floor is la grocery store, smooth surface, most pads work decent in there, not as well as smooth concrete shop floors. however! we made a pad that slides so well we went in excess of 100 feet! you can even push your self forward to keep yourself going as far as you want, it feels like your rolling on wheels. its a very simply ideas, and i will share it with anyone that is interested.

email me at nick@hellsgatehaunt.com if you want to know.

just dont want it on a public forum cause we have had so many different sliding sutff this year were probably going to create an online store.

monsterwax
11-15-2009, 11:52 PM
We find that elderly people who have gotten knee replacements work great, but only if they don't mind bleeding some and can handle the pain. Sometimes they need a little help getting up to speed, as well. (Bungee cords fashioned into a human sling shot works great for that.) Fortunately, we have plenty of old timers down here in Florida to replace any who wear out.