PDA

View Full Version : do you hang out after a night of fun??

hauntedghost
11-02-2009, 06:20 AM
does any one here go to like dineys and hangout and talk about there night?? or to a 24 hour place a talk about what happened that night with other actors at you haunt??

I have many times and it cool to see other people's faces and see us that we are still in our make up and all. it's fun and the hot drink is good too...

HG

Badger
11-02-2009, 09:27 AM
A group of us would always go out to a local tavern at least one of the weekend nights and hang out until last call. It's a good way to decompress and swap stories.

Usually on Halloween, a couple of us would show up in costume. Last year, one of our guys showed up in full Oderus costume from GWAR. Needless to say, he freaked out the other patrons...

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v631/pamlicojack/SL370986.jpg

He doesn't wear this in the park...

ZodiacWarrior
11-02-2009, 02:32 PM
Yeah a few of the nights some of us actors and a bunch of the staff would go to Denny's, since it's in the same shopping center our haunt was in. Also I have totally seen pics of him in that costume online somewhere. lol.

Dr. Giggles
11-02-2009, 02:43 PM
Atleast one night out of the week every week all the veteran actors and our managers meet up at denny's as friends. We encourage new actors to join us but they are intimidated by us for some reason.
Its a blast, talk haunt, talk scares or just talk in general. Plus its nice to get some food in the belly.

UnDeRTaKer313
11-02-2009, 03:18 PM
IHOP or Steak n Shake every single night till early into the morning. lots of fun

hauntman666
11-02-2009, 05:23 PM
We usually go to perkins after in costume/makeup talk about all the people we scared, what was the best scare, etc. Always a fun time

freak 'n' stein
11-02-2009, 09:13 PM
Heck yes to Steak n Shake!!!!!! All-time favorite post-haunt restaurant...if not that, yes...Denny's or Ihop...

ZodiacWarrior
11-03-2009, 04:06 AM
Denny's happened to be in our parking lot, hence our reason for going there. That and I think most Denny's are used to weirdos in face paint and the such coming in at ridiculous hours of the night. Plus in the area of Southern California we're in, we don't have too many 24 hour restraunts, especially near the location of our haunt. lol.

I loved the looks I got with my arms and head painted tiger stripe style looking either like I was horribly burned thanks to the fake blood drying and peeling or like I was a raptor the few nights it didn't peel. lol. The other good one was when we stopped at a local Taco Bell a few nights when our haunt was only open til 10. The guys working there were thouroughly entertained by all of us coming in looking like hell. lol.

hauntedghost
11-03-2009, 06:37 AM
i do feel the same way in the hole vet. actors part too.. i am lead actor and i do help the new ones and give them tips about there costums and all. so when i tell them to come with us to denny's, there like i don't know if i should go because you and other people are vets. i try my hardest to make them come and some times it works and they like it!! we also go to a place called sharris resturnt. it's like denny's.

you have to tip them at denny's!!!! there good poeple for putting up with people like us!!

Jim Warfield
11-08-2009, 06:37 PM
in my front room and everyone talks comparing "notes" on the past night's fun and frustrations and the stupid things some customers said or did.
As long as you are dealing with the public you will never have seen it ALL!*

*(THE One Constant truth I have discovered after all of these years.)
Be ready to be surprised. Anticipationing what comes next is a flawed habit of the mind.

OdetteDespairr
11-09-2009, 12:21 PM
Yeah usually we hit up a small bar called Fitzwillys then once they kick us out around 2 we head to a diner down the way called Fitzys or to Steak and Shake.

Always fun to screw with the waitresses who are scared of us.

One of the last nights i dont think i crawled into bed untill almost 7 am.

Jackie
Rotting Flesh Radio

iscarepeople
11-13-2009, 06:00 AM
Hi....newbie here

There is about 8 of us that hang out after work and then we hang out after the seasons over. We've all kinda have spread out to other houses buy usually meet when everyones done for the night.

mindtumor
11-13-2009, 06:19 AM
Only once in a great, great while do I get talked into going somewhere. I like to just get home as quickly as possible and shower. Hanging out afterwards is one of my least favorite things to do.

EEK!ItsAna
12-22-2009, 04:04 PM
We go to Eat N Park around here. We've had waitresses switch tables so they didn't have to serve us before. Most of us are volunteers, though, and don't work everynight like y'all do, so we don't really mess with them too much. Maybe we're just not as used to screwing with people heads? hah.

Jim Warfield
12-22-2009, 06:39 PM
Paying for my food... a large flame (a real flame) lept from my wallet infront of the girl waiting for my money. She screamed, fell to the floor.
It was a trick wallet, it held real money but could also do this.
When I used to be out in my parking lot selling tickets some kid would see the wad of ones and fives and remark how I was "Making ALL that money!"
"Well I do have a business partner.." "Whoose!" The flame would erupt, they would all jump back.
"I guess he just took his half?"
The first one worked great, somebody stole it, the second one didn't work nearly as well, I don't know what happened to it?
Up in flames? A product from a Magic shop.

hauntedghost
12-30-2009, 06:13 PM
Yeah usually we hit up a small bar called Fitzwillys then once they kick us out around 2 we head to a diner down the way called Fitzys or to Steak and Shake.

Always fun to screw with the waitresses who are scared of us.

One of the last nights i dont think i crawled into bed untill almost 7 am.

Jackie
Rotting Flesh Radio

i know how you feel!! one night after work my wife and did not get home in tell 8-9 in the morring!! the sad part of this we had to go back to the haunt at like at 4 in the afternoon!! that was crazy!! when we got back we stell had our make-up on from the night before!!!:)

newhorror2010
02-13-2010, 09:58 AM
We have a WaffleHouse just around the corner from us. If a Denny's still existed in our area we'd probably go there too.

John

StackerSteve
02-14-2010, 12:25 PM
Taco Bell if I'm not too over heated to eat.

Bloodlustxaos
02-17-2010, 05:19 AM
Actually thats one of my favorite parts of it all! I love hanging with the actors after the nights are over

BruiseMuse
02-20-2010, 11:51 AM
We've done everything from going to a local Karaoke bar to visiting Country Kitchen. We also have a lounge in the upstairs of the haunt, so that is a great lace to unwind and chat after a night.

We also do a big yearly sleepover party at the haunt for the crew.

Jim Warfield
02-20-2010, 11:02 PM
Come on, I'm a guy, there's your answer!

hauntedghost
02-22-2010, 07:09 AM
thats so cool!! i almost felt like i am the only one who did this!!

The Doctor
02-22-2010, 09:13 AM
The Make-up room was the unofficial hang out after close spot, we would kick back have a few glasses of bourbon and enjoy the bull$#!+ session

hauntedghost
03-10-2010, 02:01 PM
does any one try to do a over night stay at there haunt?

as for us over here we do on the last working night. most likely it's halloween or the weekend before hallloween. it's for all the actors there.

it's a all nighter and we have a nice fire going and hot dogs, soda, etc. the cool part is that this place is far out from the city that no one can call the cops on us.:mrgreen:

most of us stay in our costumes but some change in to there warmer stuff. we would walk though the haunt many times before the sun came up. once the sun came up then it was time to go home.

it's so sad to see that every year but then it's cool that we get to go out like a true haunt actor would do. it's a kid in us that we like to see. for some it's a big party, for others it's a good end to a job well done.

i see it as a horror movie that where kids try to fight there way from a monster and that monster gets killed from the sun. That's how i feel about that last day/night.

it's so nice to see your fellow haunt actors from time to time but when it comes to that last hours before that sun comes i think to myself that they are my bros and sis. i injoy my times being that one person and scaring people that one day but when it comes down to it. will i see myself coming back to it? yes i say..

is it hard on my body? yes.. but do i keep up with all the other I say YES!! I try so hard to keep up with some of my haunt works that they still know me when i see them at wal-mart. I try so hard to get them together during the rest of the years. it's fun to what i do. every past year i have worked at theis haunt we have had good times and some bad but that last night being there and when to can see the small light coming from the other side and you know that soon you know that feeling in your heart that it's the end. every time i have seen or feel the sun coming on my blood stan face i know it's over. it gives me a good feeling that one more is done and i can go back to being who i am. i care about being a haunt actor and i know how it feels when soem thing comes to an end so soon. then it starts all over again theat next year. if god was telling me that i did good things in life this would be one of them. i think that we all can be evil looking and be mean but when you take that bloodly mask off or when that make up washes off you come back to who you are. so every time that the sun has came up for me it's telling me that it's time to put it a way for now.

HG

BruiseMuse
03-10-2010, 04:51 PM
Bloodview does a big overnight party at the haunt once a year for the crew. It's a fun night full of silly games (house races, hide and seek, etc), bad horror movies, and lots of hanging out and talking.

jakprintsHAUNT
03-10-2010, 06:03 PM
Yeah i've been to a few of those overnights at Bloodview...lots of good times. Even did an impromptu overnight where a whole bunch of us fell asleep watching Lucio Fulci's Zombie after a night at the IX Center. We all woke up at like 11am to the screen fuzz and confused as to how or why we were all there still...lol.

Johnny Thunder
01-23-2011, 05:04 PM
I would have loved to hang out more, but I was only able to chill a few weekend nights at a local pub with fellow employees. Hoping to do so more next season!

bhays
01-24-2011, 06:09 AM
Waffle house on Fri and Sat nights... us and the drunks.

jasonswoods14
01-29-2011, 01:57 PM
All of us Field Of Screams hayride clowns love some Taco Bell after the night is over!

therealgrimreaper
01-29-2011, 06:58 PM
Yes , I travel around the US & overseas with my act and I always go out afterwards with new and veteran actors it has allowed me to meet fellow actors ( to whom we have become great friends) and share stories,tips,and even new acting jobs. After doing an event in Houston Texas last year 6 of us fellow actors and actresses went to a local Movie Theatre in costume to Watch a Late Night Rocky Horror Picture Show It was a fantastic time... In Hamburg Germany 2009 all of us actors after a long night in October of performing went out on a Local Bus ride to the Local Pub in full costume to hang with the crowds and they welcomed us with open arms... I have lots of great experiences going
out afterwards I always like to make it a Fun way to end a great bight on a good note

devolino
01-30-2011, 04:05 PM
I didn't read all of the replies on here but I laughed at the number of Denny's mentions. That's what we ended up doing a lot of the nights at ours, too. Haunters love 24-hour breakfast places :D

devolino
01-30-2011, 04:09 PM
Paying for my food... a large flame (a real flame) lept from my wallet infront of the girl waiting for my money. She screamed, fell to the floor.
It was a trick wallet, it held real money but could also do this.
When I used to be out in my parking lot selling tickets some kid would see the wad of ones and fives and remark how I was "Making ALL that money!"
"Well I do have a business partner.." "Whoose!" The flame would erupt, they would all jump back.
"I guess he just took his half?"
The first one worked great, somebody stole it, the second one didn't work nearly as well, I don't know what happened to it?
Up in flames? A product from a Magic shop.

OH MAN I HAVE ONE OF THESE TOO. Best. thing. ever.

I got mine outside of Hogsmeade [Harry Potter village lol] in Universal Studios... haha dude opened his wallet to show us and I was like "......I NEED one."

LivingTheHauntedHouseLife
06-21-2011, 08:04 AM
We plan on going, and sometimes we do follow through and go to IHOP. Because that is mainly the only open restaurant in our area that allows us to come dressed in full makeup... I've never been but hope to go sometime this year.