PDA

View Full Version : Knock Knock?!? Can I come in?

TheNightMare
02-02-2007, 04:30 PM
Hello,

I thought I should finally give my introduction. Name is Walter and I dont own an attraction persay, but I do put together one of the best looking parties around. lol Which some would say can be a haunted house. Maybe in a few years I'll have one, but for now I'm all about having fun.

I hope by joining and talking to you alll that new friendships can be formed. Just by reading most of the posts after lurking for almost a year, you all seem spookily friendly. lol Well have a GREAT evening and Ill talk to you all later.

~Walter
aka The NightMare

Greg Chrise
02-02-2007, 04:49 PM
Oh, Lordy child, put a shirt on...You'll catch your death of cold.

spookologist
02-03-2007, 09:21 AM
Hey Walter,

Quite the party ...... looks great!! Do you have any pictures of the party while its going on?

Welcome to the forum.

Wayne

www.trailofterror.com

SomeThingInTheIce
02-03-2007, 02:58 PM
Dude, how do you get a invite?lol. Looks great, do you throw christmas partys too? I bet New Years wicked.

TheNightMare
02-03-2007, 03:42 PM
To answer your ? about pics of the party. Let me say I have pics of past parties and they all have a different themes. This years party got canceled by the building inspector and fire marshall. :( It was a damn shame too, cause I and about 15-20 people spent a month decorating for that party. It was going to be off the hook. The room the party was going to be in was 8000SF, It was going to be a BIG party with a good turnout. The cemetary alone was 3000SF. So now I just look at it as wasted money/time, but I also look at it as an learning experiencce for down the road(meaning when Im ready to build a haunt).

As for invites, if you live in the massachusetts area, I dont see why you, your family and friends coundn't be invited.

Plans for this years party have been formed and now I NEED to find a better location for the party. That way I dont have any suprises like the one I faced this year.

Raycliff Manor
02-03-2007, 09:01 PM
Hey Walter! I started out doing parties in San Diego. The cost of attendance to the parties was items for the homeless. There was a group of us that would create care bags that contained blankets, sleeping bags, jeans, sweaters, shirts, socks toiletries, etc. and distribute them to the homeless in San Diego. I miss that so much. Many great times! We got to the point where No Fear, www.nofear.com and the Bad Boy Company, http://www.badboybrands.com/ would donate so many clothes you could go to the part of town where the homeless people hung out and you couldn't tell who was homeless because the homeless people were stylin in the brand new clothes donated by these companies. They even hadtheir sewing departments sew up tons of fleece blankets and donated them as well. Definitely great times that I miss!

Kel

Infoamtek
02-03-2007, 10:30 PM
Kel, when did you do those parties in San Diego? I've lived here for over 30 years and never heard of them.

Raycliff Manor
02-04-2007, 07:00 AM
We did them in 2000, 2001 and 2002 at our residence in Escondido. The last year we did the party we probably had a total attendance of close to 200 people. The party lasted one night, but the donations went on for about a month. We weren't established as an organization or advertised event. The event was invititation only. The word just spread about the collections for the homeless and that was the part that got really big. If we hadn't moved to Eureka Springs, we were going to either rent a building to continue doing the parties or to start a haunted attraction. As it turned out, we wound up opening an attraction out here. :wink:

Infoamtek, I think I may have contacted you in the past to see if there was a chance we had ever met. I used to be a Career Advisor at Coleman College in La Mesa. Right there in your neck of the woods.

Kel

Infoamtek
02-04-2007, 08:10 AM
2001, that explains it. In 2001 I was up to my armpits in alligators designing "Mira Mesa Monster Manor". A company was donating a tent, but they kept changing the size according to what they had available. So I was constantly having to change the design to fit the new tent.