PDA

View Full Version : MJ - This is It Review GO SEE IT

drfrightner
11-06-2009, 12:43 AM
Okay I went to see 'This is it' about Michael Jackson. First off let me say that this had to be the most expensive, elaborate stage show ever attempted in the history of music or the stage. What they planned to do was so over the top I can't even believe they did everything they planned to do. Between paying MJ like what $50 million the show production itself must have cost another $50 million or more. This was one expensive show.

If you like his music you'll like this movie a peak inside what he put into his show, what he thinks about other people, life, and most importantly his music. His talent is or was without measure and it comes through in this film.

Now if you don't like MJ maybe you would still like to see this movie just to see the 'THRILLER' section of the film because that was amazing... if you a haunt vendor you want to see 'THIS IS IT' because some of the stuff they planned on doing with Thriller was the price of admission alone. They had these puppets they made which was controlled by people to dance around in the crowd. They had some of the craziest zombies, ghouls and probably the coolest looking cemetery I've seen yet.

Check out the movie for nothing other than the THRILLER SECTION of the film... Overall I would say if you like MJ this film is a must see, if you don't like him you'll find it somewhat interesting. When you leave the flim I think you come away thinking you know MJ better than when you go in!

Larry

robert
11-06-2009, 12:08 PM
What Larry said......... It's A MUST SEE just for the THILLER! graveyard sequences. P.S. Also it's a really good film.

themagicofjustinarrigo
11-06-2009, 12:20 PM
Was Ed Alonzo in the film at all? Also know at Max from Saved by the Bell. He was the magic consultant for the show, he also just worked on the Circus show for Britney. From what I understand they were doing some pretty over the top illusions for the show as well. Originally David Copperfield was hired to be the magic consultant, but he was asking for $1 million dollars per show, so they canned him and went with Ed!

icarian
11-06-2009, 12:25 PM
although im known on here for scathing movie reviews, cause face it, not much is coming out of hollywood these days thats worth a damn, this film was excellent. absolutely amazing and i loved every minute of it, even though i was never the biggest MJ fan. This Is It is a MUST SEE for anyone who considers themselves a showman or appriciator of the performing arts.

xxxdirk
11-06-2009, 01:01 PM
Have not seen it, but my heart has to go out to all those that had planned and counted on this event and all the money and time they lost. I am talking about the stage crew, costuming, stage hands, everyone that put their hopes and dreams into the venue only to see it all end suddenly. Imagine you are putting together a large haunt, and suddenly you cant open the show. It would break your heart

maliciousstudios
11-06-2009, 02:18 PM
HAHAAAAAAA !!

Funny post Larry..... did ya wear your sparkling glove to the movie theatre this time ??