PDA

View Full Version : Recently watched DVD's review

soultrkr
11-16-2009, 07:12 AM
Ok so here is a list of recently seen Dvd's some of these movies have been out for a while and usually are in the 99 cent rental areas :)
I rented a few of the 8 films to die for the After dark film festival.
While it says films to die for I would disagree with this statment.

Awakened -- This film moved kind of slow at the start and really did not hold my interest well. Basic summary an acient alien is awakend and starts killing people near a Native american dig site. Overall I would probally skip this one.
I give this 1 and a half Broken Skulls out of 5

Crazy Eights -- This film combined two of my favorite things Asylums and vengeful ghosts. The plot was semi interesting and the effects and acting were decent. I would recomend renting this one it was not bad at all. I give Crazy Eights three broken skulls out of 5

Dark Rides -- This film was more a guilty pleasure. There were tons of Horror film cliches in this movie yet still I could not stop watching it. It has one good twist at the end which I am pretty sure most people will see about a mile away.
this has more of the classic slasher flick vibe. I would say this is worth renting I would give it 2 1/2 broken skulls out of 5

Wicked Little Things -- Ok this one was a good one for me the plot was pretty straight forward but unfolded in such away to keep you interested. Plus Zombie kids for the freak out factor. I really found my self wanting to know more of what was going on as the plot unfolded all in all a decent horror movie I would give it 3 and half broken sulls out 5

Banshee
11-16-2009, 07:21 AM
Thanks for the review! Now that the haunt season is over for us, I plan to catch up on some movies!
I watched the director's cut dvd of Drag me to Hell last night.. was Really good and the behind the scenes section was great!

soultrkr
11-16-2009, 08:01 AM
I Really liked Drag me to hell I will have to check out the directors cut but was waiting to see what kind of releases they come out with. Sam Rami is one of my favorite Directors :)