PDA

View Full Version : Trans World Celebs 2007

damon carson
02-03-2007, 10:18 PM
Called Transworld the other day they said Dee Snider is the celebrity this year. Elvira will not be there this year. Is Dream Reapers having a celeb this year? I wonder if some of the stars from Fangoria will show up at Transworld? That would be cool if they do. Like to hear some input or any other info of stars this year.
Damon

wilschock
02-03-2007, 11:15 PM
Our celebrity line up isn't fully established yet, as we here at Haunt X are waiting for solid word from a few more Nightmare On Elm Street guests as well as Robert Englund (Freddy Kruegar), but here is what is on the agenda for those making the trip out here to the west coast in two weeks;

http://hauntx.com/celebrities07.htm

Hope to see you there.

Greg Chrise
02-04-2007, 02:25 AM
Hey, didn't I see that avatar on the post office wall?

Infoamtek
02-04-2007, 07:47 AM
Nawwwww, it was on a milk carton.

Ken Spriggs
02-04-2007, 07:55 AM
Dream Reapers has sent invites to all the stars at Fango...unfortunately they won't be there to sign like last time. Contracts and the almighty $$$ keep them locked in tight at Fango.

The only 1 that has confirmed stopping by for a while is First Jason Ari Lehman.

Bill (Chop top) might stop by also who knows

Haunted Illinois
02-04-2007, 08:17 AM
Dee Snider and Ed Alonzo will be appearing at the Transworld Fashion Show on Friday night. You will also have the opportunity to meet Jeff Rector following the premiere showing of his new movie, Revamped (the movie will be shown right after the fashion show).

Other than that, I am not aware of any other celebrities at the show. From what I have heard, I think Transworld Exhibits isn't really that keen on having tons of celebrities at the show anyway. In the past, apparently some of these "stars" have been difficult to deal with. Not only that, but having all sorts of guest celebs there would encourage more "general public" attendance at the show, which is something that TW Exhibits doesn't want. They want to maintain its status as a professional trade show. I guess if you want to see celebrities, that's what the Fango Show is for. Just be prepared to pay $40 per autograph. :shock:

As for cross-over from Fango to Transworld, I don't think you'll see much of that (like Ken stated above); however, everyone and their brother I'm sure will going from Tranworld to the Fango Show, since it's a "general public" type of event.

Kevin Dells
02-04-2007, 08:26 AM
Damon
It has been through my past experience at TW that Dee Snider is very rude and hardly anybody i would call a celebrity. Guy takes his star status a little too seriously,dosen't matter if your in a booth talking to a vendor about their product he will barge right in and interupt.

Bill would be cool if he did stop by DR i was working the last time he came in and i got NO pics with him.Bummer!

And i think Adam is very right as i have a group going to both TW and Fangoria to enjoy both shows. Im sure others will to.

Empressnightshade
02-04-2007, 10:43 AM
From what I have heard, I think Transworld Exhibits isn't really that keen on having tons of celebrities at the show anyway. In the past, apparently some of these "stars" have been difficult to deal with. Not only that, but having all sorts of guest celebs there would encourage more "general public" attendance at the show, which is something that TW Exhibits doesn't want. They want to maintain its status as a professional trade show.

This is good to know, Adam. I'm not going to TW to see celebrities. I'm going to learn all that I can and network with those in the industry.

damon carson
02-04-2007, 12:28 PM
Kevin trust me I know from past shows Dee Snider has a major Ego! And for his career not to be in any better shape than it is he still thinks he is like still on top. But thats not my fault or problem. Transworld told me that is there celebrity for this year. Ya nothing special. And yes I will be attending both shows as well. I just seen in past years people with pics of Bill Mosely and Sid Haig at the show ect and we werent lucky enough to run into them. Sorry if you had a bad experience with Dee but your probably not the only one.
Damon

Hell American Freak
02-04-2007, 02:11 PM
Damon
It has been through my past experience at TW that Dee Snider is very rude and hardly anybody i would call a celebrity. Guy takes his star status a little too seriously,dosen't matter if your in a booth talking to a vendor about their product he will barge right in and interupt.

Very true, I got that exact impression of him back in 05'...

Kevin Dells
02-04-2007, 08:43 PM
Well now you mention it Bill and Sig did just show up last year. I remember walking right past Sig at the top of the stairs on the way to the Dead Zone.
Bill was walking around as well checking things out,But as Ken said they are booked elsewhere so who knows.

Nick Foley also shows up unannounced pretty often.

Dustin Diamond is scheduled to appear on a reality show so i heard he won't be attending.

Tom Savini usually is in his booth just don't tell him your a fan he hates that!

Mr. Malice
02-06-2007, 08:48 AM
Is Dee appearing with his halloween project band Van Helsing's Curse? Last time he was there he mentioned something about bringing them.