PDA

View Full Version : Type or Air Cannon ..or something else?

lonewolfmage
11-19-2009, 01:19 PM
Greetings~

I was wondering about a particular type of scare and what would be necessary to produce it.

At many of the Haunted Attractions I have been to, they have what SOUNDS like someone repetitivly beating on a double peadled bass drum.

This is USUALLY activated with a pressure pad..somtimes via an "eye sensor" depending on the situation and placement...... and has a kind of quick repetitive "Ratta ..tat .. tat.." or "Booom... badda... boom" type of sound.

I was just curious as to which company has this .. or IF it could actually be self made.

Any searches I have done on air cannons mention mosty just a Short forceful air blast... which is fine and easy to do with the right equipmernt.. but they do not metion about the "Ratta..tat..tat" or "Boom..badda...boom" sound I am looking for .

Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks

~LoneWolf

badlander2000
11-19-2009, 03:01 PM
That's usually just a pneumatic mechanism that bangs around inside a 55 gallon drum. Build one of these and you have your sound. I'm not a pro so I don't know how to make one.

UnDeRTaKer313
11-19-2009, 03:59 PM
its a machine gun air cannon your looking for.

elowther
11-19-2009, 05:04 PM
These are cool. I'd like one myself.

http://www.frightprops.com/frightprops/props/Product.asp?ID=0852

Jim Warfield
11-19-2009, 05:21 PM
A 1/2hp. electric motor.
A pulley that fits the motor's shaft.
Some 3/4inch threaded rods
Large diameter steel chains
Large cable clamps
A steel drum
This is how I built such a thing here the drum was very large, maybe a 300plus gallon sized one, large enough for me to place the motor inside of it so when it decided to throw off the clamps & chains, the barrel contained the schrapnel and nobody got killed or even injured.
This made some very loud machinegun like startling sounds.
The first time I demonstrated it to 2 of my helpers the one said it was the only time he had ever been scared here! (Then he said something about "Shitting blue lights"?)

lonewolfmage
11-20-2009, 12:54 PM
Hey all ~

Thank you for relying and giving feedbak..

Now i know what to look for for next years haunt .. wether it be an air cannon .. or other wise ..

I do know some people who are good with pneumatics .. but .. they really didnt have an idea as to what exactlly I was talking about...

Im GUESSING it would take some sort of "soliniod" or some such .. for the AIR ..

I do like Jims Idea of the motor(im guessing a windsheild wiper motor would work) , pulley, drum, chains ect.... that would give a GOOD starle ..

And would also be a hell of a lot cheaper than having to get a compressor LOL (cheap is good and the best types of scares sometimes :) )

Thanks again every one.
~LoneWolf