PDA

View Full Version : best/funniest reactions from a scare

iscarepeople
11-24-2009, 09:24 AM
Let's hear some of the best one's that you've had.

We had a group of high school kids come threw typical I'm not scared/you can't scare me. Well happened to be running a chainsaw that night. They came around the corner and came face to face with a chainsaw running wide open! Made 2 of the 6 pee themselves! I couldn't stop laughing the rest of the night.

Also same spot had a guy turn to run, hit the wall and knock himself out cold!

soultrkr
11-24-2009, 11:26 AM
Two good one's from this year.

I was in the Butcher room and I am on an elevated platform as they come through. I did my speil and my cackle and I then swing out with the big fake meat cleaver like I am going to take their heads. (the swing is way above anyone's head but things look funky in strobe light) the last guy in this group literally crawls through the scene to avoid it and was exiting when my partner in crime let out a last minute gotcha and the guy nearly climed the top of the wall along the exit out of the scene.

The second I was on chainsaw duty one night near the exit. well the trail guide lines wrap around a tree where my charge at them usually stops. one guy grabed the tree and refused to let go. I moved the chainsaw around to the other side like I was going to cut him in half along with the tree and he shot up the trail past the exit.

And I got a late start on the past season so this one should have a ton more fun.

Jim Warfield
11-29-2009, 04:25 AM
First a daytime tour , a young Dad and Mom , 2 little kids.
I scared Dad, then I waited til Dad passed by me and I scared Mom. gotta pass it around, can't play favorites. This gives everyone something to talk about, forever!
"He scared you!" Well he got you too!"
then a large group tonight the guy leading them was realy easy and fun to scare but I allowed him a free pass so I could scare some of the rest of them to see what I may have been missing? Surprise! SCared you! And I discovered more easy to scare people right there beside of him.
It struck me as so funny when in broad daylight I scared the woman far behind the rest and she screamed and none of them had a clue as to what had happened! (But they found out a little later!)

Badger
11-30-2009, 09:09 AM
My first year at Scarowinds, I was lurking under a vortex light and would pop out at people unseen until I was right underneath them. I had various managers and people take breaks at the bench behind me so they could watch me work. One night I hit this Chinese family. "Granny" didn't take too kindly to my scare and began flailing at me with her purse.

I'm 6'0", 250 pounds. She's 4'11" 85 pounds (maybe) and wouldn't stop going after me. The security guy sitting on the bench behind me couldn't stop laughing long enough to pull her away. After about 30 seconds, I backed up to a tarp, lost my balance, and fell underneath it. She immediately went after me and it was only then that security got up and took her away.

Her family was very apologetic and almost stopped laughing enough to tell me that she had a bet with her son that no one could scare her that evening and she was so mad that she lost that she took it out on me...

Jim Warfield
12-01-2009, 12:15 AM
I overheard the one brother say:"We bet Jerry that Jim couldn't scare us, yet he's scared me three times already, I owe Jerry $30.oo!"
"He scared me two times too, I owe Jerry $20.oo!!!"
(These 25-28 yr. old men were tough-talking Big City transplants who seemed to like to brag a fair amount.)
"Look at that."
"What is it?"
"I dunno, looks like a coffin and a funeral."
They step closer looking through the wall of thick plexiglass into the dimmly lit room.
I am standing out of sight at the edge of the frame for the plexiglass. I swung my black cape against the plexiglass and they both scream and fall to the floor!
"Oh, no, now I owe Jerry $40.oo!"
"I owe him $30.00!"

Dr. Giggles
12-09-2009, 03:40 PM
I told a guy that if he wanted to make it out alive he would need to leave all distractions and things that could slow him down. All the while interacting with him in a calm slightly sinister voice. In this case he took it to mean his girlfriend.
He was freaking out because i was sort of in his bubble so he turns to her and says "Sorry babe its not you, its me" and he bolted out of my room. I am in good shape, and I couldnt keep up. This guy was out of there fast.

evilmanor
12-09-2009, 10:21 PM
http://c2.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images02/107/l_2088a3a2b99f448e9c2101590b4fcf79.jpg
Don't know if this qualifies as a reaction to a scare or not, but was pretty funny. Tthe bed at the end of this hallway has a static prop covered with a sheet. Purposely put there as a distraction. The hall also has 4 drop panels (2 on either side). One woman got within about 10' of the bed and crawled on her hands an knees to sneak past the bed....LOL.

Jim Warfield
12-14-2009, 05:57 AM
I used to wear a long black cape, the rest of me all in black too.
My old house tour used to see us traveling back up the stairs a second time, "second time", relaxes many because they have been there" before".
I got some speed up, went up the stairs, around the corner, through a doorway that had no door , stepped up on an 18 inch high stool, put my arm out above the doorway allowing the black cape to hang down making it look as if the cape was actually a curtain in the doorway.
The tour was just three people, a guy maybe 30 and two women both hanging on him as they allowed him to be the trailblazer.
They stood there for a moment trying to decide which way to go, then he put an arm out and pushed the middle of my cape aside to look down the long hallway. He took a step, turned his head ,looked up and saw me, my face, just maybe 15 inches from his, above him.
He hollered out! Somehow shuffled his feet very quickly in reverse without falling down, taking the two scared women across the room with him, eventually slamming them backwards into the wall maybe 12 feet away!
I think he was drunk, how this made him more scared, I don't know?
I say he was drunk because he had just been telling me that the reason he came here was because he saw my sign along the highway and he said it as if he had just very recently saw it...but the sign had been gone for at least six months!?
I know, I know, now everybody wants a haunted house sign like that!
No physical sign, no hassles of placement or rental fees, yet it somehow brings in bussiness!?
Just send cash today to :Phantom Enterprises Sign company. 411 N. Carroll St. Mount Caroll, ill.61053..don't worry, you won't see your phantom sign but your money WILL get spent that you send me!
Send lot$!
We have a deal on multiple signs too, just send MORE MONEY!
thankx!
Franchises are still availble in some areas.

coasterfreak63
12-17-2009, 10:21 AM
My favorite scares of the year always involve dropping people to the ground.

While working a window with a curtain in a room with an exorcist bed I would have the other actor in my area serve as a distraction. She would yell through a hole in the wall where they could see her face. At that time the whole group let their guard down and right then (im standing on a chair) I throw half my body out the window and just completly drop the entire group. With them basically sitting on the ground now I just growled at them "take a seat" and they had nothing to say just ran away in fear.

I got another group the next night with the same reaction and the other actor and I couldnt stop laughing.

One other memorable scares was on slow nights I would crawl out of my window at guests and the crawl on the floor. I could do this without fear of missing a group and it always freaked out the entire group. I would crawl out the window then crawl on the ground slowly towards them, the second a group looked back I'd always get the "what the f*ck" and they start running away when I window drop box prop with them and again they'd hit the floor.

EEK!ItsAna
12-22-2009, 04:37 PM
I was acting like a prop (scarecrow "hanging" in a slat hallway) and people would walk past trying to figure out if I was real. When the group was almost past, I lunged toward them and screamed. That night, I managed to drop a 400 pound, 6-foot-something guy to the ground just by turning my head.

In the same spot, there was a guy a little ahead of his group who ducked behind the wall I was against, ready to jump out at them. I don't know if he didn't see me, or if he didn't think I was real, but after he scared his friends I went up and tapped him on the shoulder. I've never heard a grown man scream like such a girl. :-)

Jim Warfield
12-23-2009, 07:49 PM
Scaring someone who is concentrating on scaring someone else is always alot of FUN!
(Maybe that's why I seem to build those many hiding places here?)
"Dropped him to the floor by just turning your head?" I love the quieter scares that often achieve reactions more extreme than a big loud monsterous ones.
Subtle is scary.
At least it is if the customer is paying attention to their surroundings. (Versus hiding their eyes in their friend's back)
Of course not running 80 MPH through the place and providing enough light to see something have to be in place too....but I love those quiet, minimal movement acts that send people screaming and jerking, quite a power trip!
I have a video of me slightly gesturing as I am calmly, normally talking in the front room and this movement scared the crap out of this one young woman standing infront of me, a few seconds later during the bogus "Supernatural Experiment" she was minorly participating in, she ran screaming to the back of the room saying, to her friends, "You Lied to Me! you lied to me!!" (That it wouldn't be scary??)
She really responded to my mere floating up through the ceiling and dissappearing...for some reason?
(It's a realy high ceiling too)

newhorror2010
01-26-2010, 02:35 PM
My very first season with Death Row back in 01 at the former 100 year old prison, I was working in the alien room, we were slammed on this particular night. This group has no choice but to stop in my scene. They were in there with me for what seemed to me like forever. They all had a chance to do what most don't, REALLY stop & stare at EVERYTHING! This little boy eyeballs me, he was about 7, maybe 8 years young, about 4 ft tall, he proceeds to walk up to me & just stare at my mask. I still believe he was trying to see if he could past my plastic mirror reflectioned eyes to see my real eyes. He finally gives up & walks back to his group & stands in line again. Minutes later he tests me again, stares at me again, then the little f'er stomps on my foot as hard as he can. I say nothing & don't move. He looks up at me again, starring. Next thing I know he hits me in my stomach, this of course knocks me backwards a little bit as it would've a static prop. I still say nothing & continue to watch. Again he gives up & finally returns to his group.
For what seems like forever once again, the group doesn't move. I finally make my move, convinced that as far as this group is concerned I'm just another prop in the room. I WAS RIGHT! I lunged forward, uncrossed my arms from my chest & screamed as loud as I could through my mask. EVERY SINGLE PERSON either jumped backwards, fell to the floor, or held their chest! I had punked everyone! What about the little boy? Let's just say I'm willing to bet he'll never touch another prop ever again!

Ya never know when those little suckers will come to life!

Jim Warfield
01-26-2010, 08:53 PM
And similair but with a different ending for my first employee I ever had here.

my man was already retired around late 50's and not the brightest, shall I say?

I gave him a oversized mask to wear and told him to sit on a couch that was in the middle of a maze and not to let anyone punch or kick him. React first, move, growl, something...
At the end of the night he came to me huffing and puffing, mad and began telling how a woman had said to her friends:"I bet he's real,."
Then kicked him hard in the shins, not once but numerous times!
He said, "Said to myself, To Heck with YOU! I'm not going to move or anything and you will never find out if I'm real or not!"

I try to design my scares so is is very difficult if not impossible for the customers to reach the one whose job it is to scare them.
I also stress to employees not to get close enough to get punched but if they are advancing to do this run away after you temporarilly blind them with your bright flashlight..go get help.

One time an employee just vanished during a tour. He finally crawled up out of an open grave, he was wearing a mask and someone punched him, knocking him out!
By the time we found him the tour was long gone, and out of the house.
He got too close.
He suffered no perminent injury.

At a house not far from mine an employee showed up late, the owner threw him an old furr coat and a werewolf mask and since this employee was a short guy was told to just crawl around and scare people...15 minutes later the short, crawling werewolf was sporting some freshly broken ribs.
Is is very easy to kick someone in their ribs if they are crawling infront of you....DUH?

bamasmith
01-27-2010, 06:28 AM
We had a girl sh!et herself at Graystone in'08.And of all places it was in the maze.And her group of friends could'nt get out quick enough...

TaylorSGilman
01-27-2010, 04:21 PM
Best reaction that I still don't understand HOW?! There were these 2 guys both around their 20s making the usual,"not scary, won't get me;" this is when me (the chainsaw guy) smiles and bursts through a side door in one swift pull got saw at full throttle....I swear like scooby doo one guy jumps straight up and just lands into the other guys arms.........I just turned off my saw and burst out laughing as the 2 guys stood there white and shaking, then I turned away to go into the shack then quickly turn around start saw and chase them into the next trail. I still to this day wondered how the hell does that happen?!

Jim Warfield
01-27-2010, 10:44 PM
As the members of a college basketbal team were leaving the room (a very well lit room) my Step-son stood up he had been sitting beside a manniquin with a 89cent mask on, the basketball player who was a very tall, thin black man jumped straight up and seemed as if he might hit his head on the 9 foot high ceiling!
Somehow in mid-air he moved sideways, came down and sprung right back up like a Po-Go stick! He did this in succession about 3 or 4 times.
It was physically amazing to me!
Another time a man visiting from Germany was so scared when I opened the front door that he ran straight back about 15 feet, turned a sharp, crisp 90 degrees, ran a few more feet, all in about 2 seconds! No more than that.
There was some loose grave underfoot but you would have never guessed that it was there seeing him put on such a show.
I suggested that he should investigate trying out for his country's Olympic team..."in some capacity?"

Damien Warwick
02-06-2010, 02:18 PM
Well so far my personal favorite reaction would have to be the girl who I caused to loose all faith in human kindness lol.

This past year I played a carny/sideshow ringleader as a distraction for the clowns. I would do a usual carny spheel, distract them, clown would strike from the sides or behind...basic setup

This group of teenage girls walked in and the one in the front instantly started crying about how much she hated clowns. I very cooly, and with all of my southern charm, told her not to worry "why would there be clowns in a side how? that just dont make no sense darlin. you can trust me." She proceeded to tell me how she had so many trust issues from this that and the other...after 10 seconds I had her trusting me lol. And as soon as she says "well you seem nice I guess I can..." my clown decided to make his appearance...she fell to the floor, peed herself, and cried so hard that I actually felt guilty...for a few moments. God I'm a bad person :P

newhorror2010
02-08-2010, 02:49 PM
Well so far my personal favorite reaction would have to be the girl who I caused to loose all faith in human kindness lol.

This past year I played a carny/sideshow ringleader as a distraction for the clowns. I would do a usual carny spheel, distract them, clown would strike from the sides or behind...basic setup

This group of teenage girls walked in and the one in the front instantly started crying about how much she hated clowns. I very cooly, and with all of my southern charm, told her not to worry "why would there be clowns in a side how? that just dont make no sense darlin. you can trust me." She proceeded to tell me how she had so many trust issues from this that and the other...after 10 seconds I had her trusting me lol. And as soon as she says "well you seem nice I guess I can..." my clown decided to make his appearance...she fell to the floor, peed herself, and cried so hard that I actually felt guilty...for a few moments. God I'm a bad person :P

LOL, I love it!

sLiTwRiSt ThE cLoWn
03-07-2010, 01:34 AM
My first year at Hotel Fear in Las Vegas i was on chainsaw. the 3rd week in we had a guy and girl (couple im assuming) come through. I am 6ft. 1 in. and 220 pounds running a chainsaw in a white/black striped hallway with 2 strobes. they walk in my room, shes behind him pushing, i start the saw and come out of hiding and they ran smack into the wall and literally took the wall down! a reinforced plywood wall came down. i would normally break character but i could clearly see they were both okay so i kept the saw going, went in after them, chased them out to find she had peed herself. i could have sworn the owner would be pissed but they put the wall back up and gave me congrats!!! great night that was!!

Warren Vanderdark
03-07-2010, 05:37 PM
A great one that I still remember to this day happened when I used to play the Wolf Man for the Louisville Jaycees. I jumped out a guy, giving my most ominous growl, he screamed and suddenly, ala' Lou Costello, ran directly into the wall BEHIND him (thankfully, the only thing hurt was his pride) ...

Jim Warfield
03-08-2010, 07:10 PM
A young couple, just the two of them, were sitting on the couch in the front, first room. The lights were all on, big and bright you could plainly see everything there is to see in the room, the three of us had been talking , we were killing some time waiting for aother group who were supposed to be walking up to the house any minute now.
The guy had been here 10 years ago when he was in High School locally, his woman was from far away from here. She was smiling, calm, looking self-assurred, a really cute young woman.
Something was mentioned about "people jumping out at you".

I asked her, "Are you saying that you don't like people jumping out, scaring you?"
She was still smiling, she said that was a concern of hers(still smiling), relaxed, lights all on...

"So would you not like it if that happened?"
She really didn't answer me, still smiling...
"I think the guy hiding behind the couch might be jumping out at you."

...then she had a twisted-brow frown cross her face, her neck turned looking behind her, along with a look of wonderment...
I scared her with all the lights on.
I could leave it at that and allow you, reader to infer that I scared her with my mere spoken words.......
I pushed a button, the couch did it's "Trick".
(The couch is against a main wall of the house, no room for anyone to be lurking there.)
The other group showed up, the couple moved to another piece of funrniture to get to watch someone else enjoy that couch!
(Just one button of nine buttons and three cables and two levers I can activate to effect the demeanor of the patrons in that room.)

jakprintsHAUNT
03-08-2010, 11:04 PM
3 of my favorite scare/customer stories would be one personal and two of associate. So many to pick from but these 2 stand out:

Mine: Was working an asylum room at Bloodview haunted house..there was a caged wall opening that the customer walked by, and we had a corridor behind, so was easy to pop in out of the darkness. The rest of the room had metal cell bars everywhere "caging in" the "patients". Well popped out at a grown man (just over 6' tall) and he got such a scare he went into a standing fetal sort of position and started running full bore ahead screaming like a girl head down. He ran smack right into the metal bars, and fell back out cold. Paramedics ended up removing him. Story I got was he had concussed himself.

An associates interaction with a customer: He scared a customer into a hallway, and she (being a little larger of a woman) turned back around and pinned him into the corner with her chest practically in his face actively pushing him against the wall with her chest and she said the following: "You better watch out little scary man, I will f---k you!" and dumbfounded almost out of character he replied "dont you mean f---k me up?" to which she replied..."No! I will f---k you scary man!" Then her friends proceeded to pull her away.

Another similar occurance: At one attraction I was working at there was a woods attraction as part of it. I was running supervisor that evening, and one of the actors comes running out, his greasepaint makeup job all smeared looking very distraught. He exclaimed "i just got flashed and attacked by 3 women with their chests". My exact reaction was "seriously, that sounds a bit crazy" So I go over and wait near the exit of the attraction, and low and behold, 3 ladies all wearing very low cut shirts each have smears of greasepaint all over their cleavage areas. Apparently they knocked him down and proceeded to flash him and hit him in the face with their breasts. I got reports from the other attractions that they were flashing several people throughout their visit.

The greatest part about haunt stories is the things you see or hear sometimes are so out there, you can't make this kind of stuff up!

Mike "Pogo" Hach

Jim Warfield
03-12-2010, 11:44 PM
Four victims..er..customers were here only one guy of the 2 couples had been here before but he was jumping and screaming just like his woman was doing sitting right beside him!
I really, genuninely scared them!
Then later I "Got" the other woman in the same room, her screech could have been heard a block away, and we are indoors! 6 inch thick(2" by 6" exterior walls) with insulation blown in them!
The one guy trying to dress and appear "macho"..sure was not.
Something not of my doing nor control was scaring them in the wine cellar tonight before I entered the room, we never discovered what it was.
This house is haunted and today during the middle of the day footsteps went up the stairs, a very definate and identifiable , common sound my Wife heard, she assumed it was me, she phoned me, no answer, she then called me via cell phone I answered, "Where are you?"
"A block away walking home."
I hadn't been in the house at all for several hours. Nobody was sneaking around in our house.
11:43 more customers just showed up!

wickedfarmer
03-25-2010, 07:05 AM
Wasn't actually the scare, but afterwards in parking lot. We haunt a 1/3 mile trail through a corn field with around 65 turns so you hear screams all around you but never see what happens to group in front of you. You never even know where things will hit you because trail doubles back on itself. The screams 30 feet away are actually 5 minutes ahead. Classic macho guy syndrome with his girlfriend. Have a couple radios on guys up front and macho types have their desription radioed on ahead. Over radio came "Michigan sweatshirt at swamp room". So I nailed him. Had him literally run over his girlfriend and leave her laying in the trail at my feet. I walk my trail backwards always checking positions every 15 minutes and remove mask and walk line in parking lot. Met "Michigan sweatshirt" mingling with crowd by picnic tables. Asked him how the trail was very loudly. "It was ok I was never scared came the reply". So I changed my voice back to my trail voice and like a drill sargeant belowwed "Thats funny...you ran away from me like a little girl leaving your girlfriend behind lying at my feet after you ran her over" The crowd erupted with laughter and several people who only came for the corn maze (not haunted) promptly bought trail tickets. Then she proceeded to lecture him in front of their college group of how to treat a lady. The poor schmuck.

Jim Warfield
04-01-2010, 03:42 AM
What used to really get me were the 5 yr. olds who were terrified, needed a lights on experience with absolutely no scares, THEN as they walk out of the house , puff up their chest , beat on it it and proclaim:"This place couldn't scare me!"
(Good! now this is all set up in his false memory to return someday and I can really scare him! hahahahahah!)
Or the timid little crying boy who gave us all kinds of grief, then eventually began laughing as they were outside and tried to tell us and his family that he was just "Acting", and he wasn't afraid! I am now looking forward to his maturity and seeing him appear in a huge Hollywood production...sure.
He was not acting scared, he was scared.

OdetteDespairr
04-05-2010, 01:26 PM
I had a few good ones this year i didnt have as much room to herd people but i still came out of the season with some really good stories

1. I had a girl hit the ground after i jumped at her off the top of a pair of vending machines

2. Had at least one escapee a night where they would try to get away from us to a section that they're not supposed to be in

3. my best one all yeah tho....Our zone capitan came thru to tell us that a group was comng thru with one girl who was so scared of clowns she couldnt stand it...and that the clowns all had a cash money bet riding on which clown room she would quit in.....well im not a clown....but....my graveyard is right before their funhouse.......so as soon as she entered i hit her hard with every scare tactic i could think of...had her crying within the first miniute in my scene and she quit within another three....after she left the clowns all got mad at me for ruining their bet and stealing a scare from them...it was awesome lol

lots and lots of others lots of quitters, criers, runners, screamers...had more great jumpers than usual, had one guy who almost jumped onto a set of coffins i got him so bad....

OdetteDespairr
04-05-2010, 01:38 PM
And similair but with a different ending for my first employee I ever had here.

my man was already retired around late 50's and not the brightest, shall I say?

I gave him a oversized mask to wear and told him to sit on a couch that was in the middle of a maze and not to let anyone punch or kick him. React first, move, growl, something...
At the end of the night he came to me huffing and puffing, mad and began telling how a woman had said to her friends:"I bet he's real,."
Then kicked him hard in the shins, not once but numerous times!
He said, "Said to myself, To Heck with YOU! I'm not going to move or anything and you will never find out if I'm real or not!"

I try to design my scares so is is very difficult if not impossible for the customers to reach the one whose job it is to scare them.
I also stress to employees not to get close enough to get punched but if they are advancing to do this run away after you temporarilly blind them with your bright flashlight..go get help.

One time an employee just vanished during a tour. He finally crawled up out of an open grave, he was wearing a mask and someone punched him, knocking him out!
By the time we found him the tour was long gone, and out of the house.
He got too close.
He suffered no perminent injury.

At a house not far from mine an employee showed up late, the owner threw him an old furr coat and a werewolf mask and since this employee was a short guy was told to just crawl around and scare people...15 minutes later the short, crawling werewolf was sporting some freshly broken ribs.
Is is very easy to kick someone in their ribs if they are crawling infront of you....DUH?

Almost got my ribs busted in a few seasons ago got kicked when i was on the floor laying across a doorway by some guy showing off for his girlfriend who didnt want to walk over me...he walked up jammed his foot in my ribs and said "come on hun, its just a prop, its a fake" she walked up and "the prop" ie: me quickly came to life and started trying to bite at him and his honeys legs and started to crawl after them...this guy split and left his girl behind in the room with me...she bolted and started cussing him out

also got my nails ripped out of my fingers last year when i had a group crash into and collapse on me..it was like fat lady dominos...all over me...shudder...have u ever felt a nail be pulled completely out of your finger? how bout 3 of them?

Jim Warfield
04-06-2010, 03:25 AM
After they pulled out those fingernails?
"YES!" I love haunting and will continue to love it, go ahead I have seven left!"

spookycrazyone
04-26-2010, 02:10 AM
the best thing i have seen in the passed season was a cleveland cop with his 10 yr little old girl and they came in to the haunt i scared the 350 6ft 3 cop to jump on his 10yr old daughter and made him wet him self too with a stick

Jim Warfield
04-26-2010, 08:34 AM
That is So Bad!
Scaring Daddy, making him jump on his little girl AND wetting himself!
Those of us not 6ft 4, often see those that are as braver because of their size...but then I have always heard an elephant is afraid of a mouse because the rodent might run up the elephant's trunk!
I think maybe some bigger taller people might have a fear of being hit or attacked in the lower regions, that their growth spurt has left more vulnerable because of their height.
It kind of usually worked that way in football. Hitem low and down they go, "bigger they are, the harder they fall."
The meanest, toughest guy on my team was scared of the guy 5ft 6 who had the skill to smack his shoulder pads right on top of the other guy's foot to make the painfull tackle, and they were best friends!

TaylorSGilman
04-27-2010, 04:26 PM
No story here....but here are 2 pictures of our other chainsaw guy in action....Kudos to the photoghaper who took this lol.

http://img99.imageshack.us/img99/4725/22146133003705003412042.jpg
http://img411.imageshack.us/img411/9363/22146133003661002312042.jpg

KBFTodd
04-29-2010, 06:47 PM
Here my best scare to date: 2 seasons ago I came across 4 teen-age girls inside a photo booth ( you know the ones with the little seat and the curtain, that you can take pics with your friends) They were all 4 inside and doing the photo thing.....meanwhile I was waiting outside for them to be done so I could scare them good. They had been in there for awhile and about a dozen or so ppl were now gathered and watching me, so of course I was showing off and point to them and giving thumbs up......Anyways to make a long story short, I ripped open the curtain and started banging my shaker can on the booth and screaming as loud as I could. It was like throwing cats in a bath tub, they were screaming and cid not not where to go since I was standing in the door way. At that time one of them punched me right in the face ( turning my mask sideways) so now I back off because I cannot see and I hear some of the ppl go oh sh$t !! I hear one of the girls scream Sorry as they run away. I throw up my arms and yell "where ya'll going ?" I turn to the crowd and do alittle oh well and laugh and ppl actually applauded me !! It was a funny moment that I will never forget.

Jim Warfield
04-29-2010, 08:43 PM
I tell my people not to get within an arm's length of a customer, uless they are around a sharp corner preferably on the cusrtomer's right side, since most are right-handed making a solid swing harder to accomplish.
Or put the mask on your fist, stick this around the corner, you can play this one high or low alternating rather quickly.
You are lucky you didn't get tooth damage or knocked out, thereby leaving your body at the mercy of the most perverted customer who happened upon you laying there!
Waking up to a new tatoo on your arm of a heart with "George" in it's center might be hard to explain to your girlfriend.

Pumpkin King
06-19-2010, 06:04 PM
Last year for our final scene we had an 8' by 8' room divide into three hallways. At the end of the second hallway we put a strobe facing right in people's eyes. At the end of that hallway we had a sensor that would blast people with compressed air from above. This effect was great with the ceilings being only 6' high. I told my actors that it was an automated room and to let the air do the trick; no actors were needed... :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

It wasn't until two girls dressed in poodle skirts went through that I decided to try hiding beneath the strobe. The one teenage girl was too scared to enter, so the other girl went through alone. She was barely scared by anyone or anything in the entire haunt. As she walked accros the backyard to the final room, her friend told me I should scare her. So I threw on a dark hoodie to cover the white suit I was wearing and hid in a corner behind the strobe. As she turned the corner from the first portion she was moving very slow. "I know you're hiding back there!" BOOM! The air hits her on the top of the head! GRR! I lunged at her. She sprinted out of that room, laughing, screaming, and having a good time. :D

Later that night a lady brought her son and daughter through. Her son had a fit and refused to go with her. So once they got through or first room and out into the open again, they were moving at a snail's pace. Her 8 year old daughter was quivering in fear, and mom (holding a cup of wine) wasn't holding up much better. About half way through, one of the actors scared MOM so bad she knocked over her daughter. I was so close to kicking them out, especially when her son walked INTO the haunt through the exit screaming he wanted to come. So they got into the back of the line and waited ten mines to go through again. This time they were less scared, laughing and having a good time. So I slipped on my dark jacket and journeyed into the final room. I ended up bringing her son to tears. I felt so bad, but at the same time, I showed him that it's not just fun and games. Mwahaha! :D

Jim Warfield
06-20-2010, 09:38 AM
First a Father and 3 teenage boys came in. One boy was acting scared with every little thing that happened in the first room (maybe he was more "acting"?) they were all aloso laughing alot.
Then more people arrived, two middle aged women and one man, the one woman's husband remained outside.
Immeadiately the one woman began telling me how afraid she was. She was easy. Scream! followed by some silly thing she would remark.
These two groups were sitting on couches across the room from one another at a 90 degree angle. I could feel the anticipation the couch of boys were feeling , waiting for me to do the same things to the women& guy that I had just earlier done to them.
That woman was hysterical!
Then I began a routine we usually do for small, scared children. I offered a remote control, push of it's button to the scared adult woman.
She pushed the button making everyone laugh with it's results.
Then I offered the same experience (different remote) to the one afraid-acting boy in the other group.
This activated a major effect in that room aimed at the other people on the other couch and amazing reactions were forthcoming! Everyone was laughing back and forth across the room at the other people's reactions!!
Later in the backyard after I had scared some of these people for the third time with the same prop, one teenage boy said to me, "You are really good!"
Of course I was also doing a fair amount of laughing too. The Husband who chose to remain outside did get to hear most of his Wife's hysterical scareams and laughs right through my extra-thick front door though!
In the mid-tour she said to me, and anyone else who could hear her, "You scared them."
Then I got her, she screamed! Then she said, "You just scared me too!" followed by much laughter.
The next group were two adults and their teenage niece. The husband was sort of a mister "Tough-guy" sort but I evetually figured out I was scaring him even though his only visible or audible reaction would just be him saying, "Oh shit."
I took alot of shit out of him too! (and it felt so good!)

GrimmHallows101
07-10-2010, 08:46 PM
we had this group of girls come into our clown room. we had this clown come swinging down and come within inches of their faces after me and my partner would come running at them as all out messed up clowns. In the middle of the room we had a couch. These girls took off into the room so we chased them. We did a miles worth of running around that couch before it hit them to get out of the room.
Another one I had was in the same room. When the clown came swinging down a guy threw his head back so hard that he went straight through the wall.