PDA

View Full Version : West Coast Haunters Convention

The Nightmare Factory
12-01-2009, 01:18 AM
Folks, I need to have my head checked, but in response to a void on the west coast and a number of other reasons, that if you are interested in reading I can share later, I am announcing the West Coast Haunters Convention. May 20 to the 23 2010.

We have a great line up of speakers in the works, and super vendor pricing, We are working to make this trade show and workshops a big success.

you can check out the beginnings of our work at www.westcoasthauntrs.homestead.com

Please feel free to get in touch booth space is limited to 30 this first year, if we do well, and I think we will, I have a plan in motion!

We have convention hotels online now.

Thank you for reading I hope to hear from some of you soon.

Ed Robets
Oregon School for the Deaf
the Nightmare Factory
West Coast Haunters Convention!

poison
12-01-2009, 01:25 AM
What state will it be in?

The Nightmare Factory
12-01-2009, 10:41 AM
Sorry, it was late when I wrote this message.

West Coast Haunters Convention

May 20 -23 2010

Salem Oregon

On the Campus of the Oregon School for the Deaf

999 Locust Street NE

Salem Oregon 97302

(more to follow!)

badlander2000
12-01-2009, 11:34 AM
I will totally help you get this thing off the ground, despite being 3000 miles away! I can do the Facebook and Myspace!

The Nightmare Factory
12-01-2009, 12:19 PM
Go to one of my web sites (listed below) email me and we can talk.

thank you for the offer, any others interested in vending or helping out let us know.

Ed Roberts
999 Locust Street NE
Salem Oregon
www.westcoasthaunters.homestead.com
www.nightmareguild.net
www.nighmarefactorysalem.com

Doug Kelley
12-01-2009, 03:12 PM
I think this is the URL you meant to post:

http://westcoasthaunters.homestead.com/

The location is a bit far from most haunts but, being from Seattle, I'm glad to see something within driving distance!

shawnc
12-01-2009, 08:30 PM
There used to be one in LA called HauntX. I think the last one was in 2007.

I like the idea of it being on the west coast, but California is a tall state and a long drive if you're starting at the bottom.

Good luck. I hope you do well.

ClusterOne
12-01-2009, 09:51 PM
If you could get one or two make-up and/or acting seminars going, that would be awesome! At this rate I might be able to take one or two people with me to Transworld or Mid-West for some hands on learning. But with this, I could grab a car load or two full of people from my haunt and drive up there from Nor Cal. Keep us posted!

-Joel-

The Nightmare Factory
12-02-2009, 01:51 AM
We current have lined up Wolfe Brotheres for a two day workshop, I am in talks with and hope to have a design class, lighting, one other make up coarse, show controllers, and others.

Please feel free to let me know what else we can offer. Most of the seminars will be offered free, if it's make and take there migt be a slight cost to cover materials, the wolfe bros class is not free, it is two seven hour days with them and will cost $300. per person.

thank you for your interest and please pass the word around.

Ed Roberts

Mayhem
12-02-2009, 02:29 PM
Hello Ed.
I've attended one of your haunts , had a great time, jealous of your space. Your kids do a great job!
My Haunt is located south of you in Monroe. I'd love to help you in this venture. Please contact me @tlc52togo@hotmail with details.
Mayhem w/Scare&Share-Chamber of Darkness

ClusterOne
12-03-2009, 03:26 AM
The Wolfe Bros are great, i took one of the classes they did a few years back. If this all works out I will send my 2 main makeup girls to the workshop. A makeup class on airbrushing and/or making your own appliances out of latex would be a good one as well.

I would love to help out however I can, please contact me if you think I could be any help from California. My wife works for a company that does huge trade shows for years now, lots of good info in her head.

-Joel-

The Nightmare Factory
12-03-2009, 12:10 PM
As of today, I am talking to Nick Collins of Seenickdesign.com to do a fuax painting and set design workshop, Wolfe Brothers, Also am talking to several acting teachers and other haunt people about classes.

Please keep the ideas coming I check this board twice a day, you can also send me PM.

badlander2000
12-03-2009, 06:40 PM
Hey man, I most definitely will set you up with social networking! I will email you right now!

ClusterOne
12-06-2009, 11:10 PM
what about
westsidehauntshow.com
or
leftcoasthauntshow.com
or
westernhauntshow.com
or
newestandbesthauntshowthissideofthemississippi.com

-Joel-

ClusterOne
12-06-2009, 11:14 PM
also noticed on your current website on the contact page it has a @gmail.net address, im guessing it's @gmail.com. If not, sorry, my fault!

-Joel-

The Nightmare Factory
12-07-2009, 02:11 AM
Odd, I typed in .com for the email... fixed that.

Still working on the .com names.

Vendors and speakers are starting to talk now.

More soon..Ed

The Nightmare Factory
12-10-2009, 12:07 PM
Updates next week, busy days ahead...

Ed

The Nightmare Factory
12-15-2009, 01:43 AM
We are now looking for several speakers for classes and or workshops. If you are interested in speaking or know someone that might be (or someone that might be a good speaker for us to invite). We have seven in the wings and need five or so more!

Please get in touch with me at westcoasthauntcon@gmail.com

We are also offering vendors, up to 30 this year, a deal on booth space, one that no one else can beat, WHY? Becasue we know the risk involved in coimg to a brand new convention and one that is in uncharted terror-tory!

Want more?

One of our target markets is schools for the deaf. Yep, we are a school, we have run a haunt for 22 years, and want to share with other schools what we have leand over those 22 years. We will be providing interpreters for all classes and in the vending area.

Classes in make up, set design, lighting, costuming, haunt desgin, and more will be offered.

Thank you for your time and input,

More will follow!

Ed Roberts
999 Locust Street NE
Salem OR 93701

The Nightmare Factory
12-15-2009, 01:44 AM
Hey man, I most definitely will set you up with social networking! I will email you right now!

Can we talk? Soon?

Ed

The Nightmare Factory
12-16-2009, 01:18 PM
Vendors - We know how risky coming to a new convention can be, and he cost s involded. So for our first ever West Coast Convention we are offering (EDIT- booths are $50 for a 10 by 10, we are only charging fifty to cover our costs for the pipe and drapes) vending space. In order to help keep your costs down. I can also send you, as soon as I get it done, our marketing plan, should be back from my proof reader this weekend.

We are also still looking for speakers, we have spaces open.

Ed Roberts

Allen H
12-16-2009, 01:31 PM
I have sent you an email through your site about a possible airbrush make-up demo and talk.
thank you for your consideration,
Allen H

Scaren Karen
12-25-2009, 03:12 PM
Congrats on this Ed! The West Coast has been needing something like this for a while. Best wishes to you for a successful event.

Scaren Karen

The Nightmare Factory
12-25-2009, 05:45 PM
Here's where I am with the convention, as of today.

We are getting ready to send out contracts to at least 8 speakers. We have vendors, or goal is 30 the first year.

We are working on a fair price for admission to the convention, I want people to come.

We are marketing not only to the pros, but small haunts and home haunts as well. My haunt team and I are also inviting every school for the deaf in the counrty to send someone to the convention to learn how to set up and run their own haunts.

Our web site is under construction www.westcoasthaunters.homestead.com you are welcome to have a look around, we have a facebook page up you can become a fan.

We are still looking for vendors, and will be offering a great booth rate.
Thank you all for your support.

Ed Roberts

estavares
01-01-2010, 02:00 PM
It's about time! :)

A few of the Seattle-area haunts are looking to ramp up seminars, vendor spaces and even a possible mini-haunt at the up-and-coming Crypticon Horror Convention this upcoming June. We can always use more connections and training from each other, so this sounds like a great idea.

Question: Though Salem is centralized -- why not have this in Portland...with a major airport, to reduce travel time for everyone?

Mephisto the Great

The Nightmare Factory
01-05-2010, 01:55 AM
Here is the reason we are having the convention in Salem; We own the property, therefore it keeps our costs way down. No renting a convention hall and all the headaches that go with it. The second reason is student involvment. The primary reason I am even doing this convention is that the State of Oregon, our haunted house is held at the School for the Deaf, is a state school and all out of state travel has been canceled! NO TRIPS TO ST. LOUIS OR ORLANDO OR OHIO! So I decided to not sit around a cry about, but rather bring the convention to us and to haunters on the West Coast.

I have a budget meeting in the afternoon, tomorrow (well really today) and I am hoping to be able to annouce the cost of the convention to all this weekend. I am also working with some top names in the industry to offer seminars that will make it worth your while to attend.

Take a look at the web page as it changes often, right now it is only showing you the tip of the iceberg.

One other thing that makes our convention unique is that it will also have a focus on charity haunts, and helping them to get set up and run thier events in a profitable manner. We will have interpreters for the deaf at all workshops and on the tradeshow floor. Our campous is fully acessable.

I hope this helps you, Please feel fre to drop me a line at westcoasthauntcon@gmail.com or haunteded@gmail.com

Ed Roberts
Project Manager
WCHC

The Nightmare Factory
01-09-2010, 12:03 AM
We've added the price for a booth, $50.00, and we've added a few other goodies to the site, more will follow. I hope to have online registration up soon.

Ed Roberts
Westcoasterhaunters.homestead.com

The Nightmare Factory
01-21-2010, 12:45 PM
[QUOTE=The Nightmare Factory;81431] We now have facebook up and a west coast haunters convention invitations page on facebook for updates.

The Nightmare Factory
02-02-2010, 11:43 PM
Hello haunt fans.. time for an update on the West Coast Haunters Convention.

Vendors can sign up now, booths are 50.00 for a 10x10, we might have a few 20x10 open, but not many.

I have a few openings for speakers, soon to announce our speakers list.

HOME HAUNTERS- We want to help meet your needs too, let us know what you want and we will do our best to get it done for you.

MAKE UP COMPETITION - Sign up online starting 02/05/2010 for the competiton. It's free, we provide the make up, and youi get to strut your stuff!

Ed Roberts
Project Manager
West Cost Haunters Convention

Dreamreaper
02-04-2010, 10:09 PM
Im in northern calif. and own The Dreams of Darkness haunted house in Redding. I would love to see something close and if I could help out.

The Nightmare Factory
02-10-2010, 04:14 PM
Ken,

I am looking for people to help out, get in touch with me at westcoasthauntcon@gmail.com We can talk.

Ed Roberts
www.westcoasthauntersconvention.com

The Nightmare Factory
02-26-2010, 02:39 AM
For immediate release – Contact: Ed Roberts
Ed.roberts@osd.k12.or.us
503-378-3827

West Coast Haunters Convention dates and location revealed. Oregon School for the Deaf and the Nightmare Factory to host first annual haunted house convention and tradeshow May 20-23 2010

Salem Oregon (02/02/2010)… The Oregon School for the Deaf (OSD) is excited to announce that we will be holding our first Haunted House Convention in Salem, Oregon, May 20-23 2010. The significance of holding the West Coast Haunters Convention (WCHC) at OSD stems from the history of running a successful Haunted House business on campus for the past twenty-one years. The Nightmare Factory has been an influential part of the culture of OSD, allowing our students the experience of running a well-regarded, thriving business and providing an avenue for drama, set building, make-up, costume design and stage management experience.

This event has become a tradition for many Oregonians to attend during Halloween week. Having seen the students grow in numerous ways from the haunted house business experience, we are ready to add the skills of attending and running a first-rate haunted house convention to their learning experience.

The West Cost Haunters Convention, WCHC, is open to the general public on May 21st through the 23rd and will be attended by professional haunters, home haunters, schools, haunt enthusiasts and the general public from all over the West Coast.

All attendees will benefit from this networking and information exchange. The convention’s objectives are to share information and provide the opportunity to see the best products and creations from industry leading vendors, to experience hands-on demonstrations of techniques used in the best haunts and to learn from the masters of this craft. Workshop topics will include such classes as: acting, haunted house design, air brush make up, scenic design, robotics, haunt make up, haunted house do’s and don’ts and so much more.

Another purpose of the WCHC is to help other schools for the Deaf learn how they too can set up and run a lucrative haunted house of their own. Special classes for deaf schools are being scheduled on the 20th as well as general haunt workshops on the remaining days. All workshops will be interpreted into American Sign Language (ASL), and interpreters will be available on the tradeshow floor.

Social events, a makeup completion, visits from numerous costumed characters and other events are in the planning stages for the WCHC attendees.

Contact the WCHC project manager Ed Roberts at OSD 503-378-3827 or through the WCHC web site at www.westcoasthauntersconvention.com.
###

The Nightmare Factory
02-26-2010, 02:39 AM
Dear Haunt Enthusiast,

The Oregon School for the Deaf (OSD) is excited to announce that we will be holding our first Haunted House Convention in Salem, Oregon, May 20-23 2010. The significance of holding the West Coast Haunters Convention (WCHC) at OSD stems from the history of running a successful Haunted House business on campus for the past twenty-one years. The Nightmare Factory has been an influential part of the culture of OSD, allowing our students the experience of running a well-regarded, thriving business and providing an avenue for drama, set building, make-up, costume design and stage management experience.

This event has become a tradition for many Oregonians to attend during Halloween week. Having seen the students grow in numerous ways from the haunted house business experience, we are ready to add the skill of attending and running a first-rate haunted house convention to their learning experience.

We are currently seeking vendors for the accompanying tradeshow. If you are interested in being part of this first annual event, please fill out the attached form and return it for approval. There are a limited number of booths available. Space will fill up fast due to the WCHC being the only haunters’ convention available on the west coast.

The WCHC will be attended by professional haunters, home haunters, schools, haunt enthusiasts and the general public. All attendees will have access to the tradeshow where you can do wholesale or retail business. Attendees will be identified by a color-coded arm band to help you identify them as either a haunt owner or someone from the general public. There will be breaks scheduled into the class times to bring traffic into the tradeshow. Activities will be held on campus and food canteens will be near the exhibits, increasing pedestrian traffic to the tradeshow area.

All attendees will benefit from the networking and information exchange with peers. The conference’s objective is to share information and provide the opportunity to see the best products and creations from industry leading vendors, to experience hands-on demonstrations of techniques used in the best haunts and to learn from the masters of this craft.

We hope to hear from you soon.

Ed Roberts
Project Manager
West Coast Haunters Convention

Questions? Contact Ed Roberts through:
www.westcoasthauntersconvention.com
Or call 503-378-3827

The Nightmare Factory
03-18-2010, 12:47 PM
More udates can be found at www.westcoasthauntersconvention.com

Be one of the first 100 people to sign up and get a free JUMBO BLOODY MARY TOTE BAG!

MAKEUP COMPETITION is now sponsored by Graftobian makeup!

Haunted Milburn's Manor is opening up Firday night for a great tour and BBQ chicken dinner.

Have started to add a few of the vendors as they sign up!

Things are really starting to take off!