PDA

View Full Version : erik carlson.ceo of spookyplanet is a scam artist,BEWARE

wipp
02-06-2007, 09:21 AM
7 mths after i baught an electric chair from him that i didnt recieve.he responds in an email.i will give you 2 props that you dont need for your money on the electric chair,but first you need to send me 374.00 more dollars.what a deal huh?this has been going on since august 06 and he responds on feburary 3rd with that.I AM ONLY POSTING THESE UPDATES TO PREVENT OTHERS FROM GETTING SCAMED.

wipp
02-06-2007, 09:29 AM
im sorry heres a correction on the shipping he requested,$212.39

Hell American Freak
02-06-2007, 11:17 AM
How did you send payment? How was it purchased? Is there any way to dispute it with a third party...

Rich Hanf
02-06-2007, 12:19 PM
Unfortunately, this guy has a reputation that is pretty much second to none. Had a long conversation with John Denley recently and it was just amazing what this guy did. John ws finally able to get his attraction back by going to court and while having lunch with this dirtbag actually had the Sheriffs marshal come in and serve Carlson papers effectively taking back his show. Received an e-mail from Liz Foral about this guy as well as apparently he ripped her off as well.

I would use EXTREME CAUTION in dealing with this guy as apparently this is not the first series of complaints about him. Personally, I wouldn't recommend him to ANYONE as in my opinion you will have your money taken and never receive what you are paying for. Talk to John Denley for the complete incredible story

wipp
02-06-2007, 04:26 PM
i sent the payment by check.he cashed.i will get my money back because of that check,but i have to wait on the law.just an all around hassle

bodybagging
02-07-2007, 06:33 AM
I just want to say that I am glad that you have been posting this info relentlesly, I was contacted by SPOOKYPLANET not very long ago with a inquiry about selling my products. seemed like a legit offer, but will never happen Now!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! thanx for saving me headaches

Warren Vanderdark
02-07-2007, 08:10 AM
I'm also reminded of the time that SpookyPlanet bombarded another message board with what could politely be described as a ridiculous amount of spam. Suffice it to say, there were a great many indivduals plotting this person's untimely demise...

Jim Warfield
02-07-2007, 10:14 AM
In a small town , everyone finds out who not to trust pretty quickly, the haunt community is a "small town", connected via this medium.

Brckee1
02-07-2007, 03:05 PM
As a victim of Erik Carlson and SpookyPlanet myself, I also strongly suggest staying away from this guy and his phoney company. I sent him payment and never received anything. Never got my money back and Erik will not answer emails or phone calls. Aside from being out money, I was out an item that I really needed for my haunt this year.

Not only is he stealing from his customers, he is stealing from the companies who's products he "Sells". Making money from their hard work. If someone buys a product from Erik, and he just keeps the money, that is one less sale for that company. I can't imagine why any company would tolerate this. I am considering contacting all the companies who sell through Spookyplanet. I doubt that they would willingly take part in this kind of thing. He needs to be in jail. At the very least, he should be out of business. I don't want to see other people going through this, it really sucks when this happens to you.
Jim H
Dark Raven Productions

xxxdirk
02-07-2007, 03:20 PM
Anyother vendorsanyone wanna talk about? I have heard Scarefactory is bad. Never bought anything from them but that is the word and so I never will. On the positive side Unit 70 is a great company and so is Gore Galore. Only boughta few things from Distortions and had NO problems.

02-07-2007, 04:01 PM
Has anyone contacted the Attorney General yet? Or maybe a class action law suit. It sounds like there are enough people who have gotten screwed over by this guy.

Or maybe just take care of it the good old fashioned way if you know what I mean.

Howie "Slobber" Erlich
Deadly Intentions Haunted House
www.deadlyintentionshaunt.com

Brckee1
02-07-2007, 04:39 PM
Has anyone contacted the Attorney General yet? Or maybe a class action law suit. It sounds like there are enough people who have gotten screwed over by this guy.
Yes, I have contacted the Attorney General's office. Apparently I was not the first to do so. Also filed a complaint with the FBI's internet fraud dept. Filed with the BBB for what that's worth. I am considering calling the police at this point because it couln't hurt.

Anyother vendorsanyone wanna talk about?...........

I have had a couple other bad experiences, nothing even close to spookyplanet.
On the good side, the 2 top companies I have dealt with are Unit-70 and GhostRide productions. Unit-70 has awesome stuff and has always delivered, easy to deal with and they are really great guys. Ghostride also has very nice products. They really bailed me out this year filling a last minute order placed after their ordering deadline. They actually shipped it a week faster than they said they would.
Other good companies I have dealt with, scareparts, distortions, Oak Island and GilderFluke.

Jim H
Dark Raven Productions

wipp
02-07-2007, 04:42 PM
i think these companys and middleman companys should have the product on hand rdy to ship before they collect any money.thats bs to have to wait for a product to be built.if its on your webpage and says for sale then we should have our prop within 10 days.im speaking of other vendors not people like erik that are downright crooks

Hell American Freak
02-07-2007, 04:44 PM
My experience with Scarefactory is that their products are just not reliable. Every product of theirs I've dealt with has needed repairs within the first week of heavy use. For that matter, two years in a row I've seen their products breakdown in the second day of Transworld.

Greg Chrise
02-07-2007, 06:48 PM
Any electronic gizmo has a likely hood of taking a crap in the first hours of operation. Consumer electronics are generally time tested and "burned in". So they assemble all of this stuff and send it out untested and the new owner is the guinea pig, thousands of miles away. Then no way to get spare parts even if you really knew what was wrong. Of course then this is in season and no one is answering their phones.

I went through one attraction that had about 6 high dollar props. Not a single one worked and only half of them were pushed forward to see the latex part. Of course there was no actors at all as this and some static sets were supposed to be the show. It was so great. I think I saw one actor coming back in through the exit hall on there way somewhere.

The problem with rip off artists is that the FBI wants to watch them for a few years and see if it leads them to MR. Big. Or somewhere along the line they forget about them unable to connect the dots.

I think what ever county he is in and that sherrifs department is the way to go. Anything over $800 is a felony and that means at least 4 years real time in prison. If he doesn't pay at the moment of being approached by the sherrif to resolve the issue he will just steal from someone else to pay you. And like you say, your bank will eventually return your money. Only once a case is closed.

And while he is being hauled off someone or a group of people needs to go "save" any props in his possesion. I think I have been hearing about this guy for years and years.

xxxdirk
02-07-2007, 07:44 PM
To me when a haunt prop breaks, that is incomprensible. I mean we are talking about a product that you spend thousands on and it only has to last for 15 freakin days of the year. That is why I only pay with credit card. If there is a problem, I call my ccard company and raise a stink, and I get my money back, at least in theory, that is how I hope it works.....

Greg Chrise
02-07-2007, 08:22 PM
There is always a catch, like a dollar limit or you can only contest paying for something you never recieved. There has to be a written warranty and using financial services can only involve themselves to the limit of predetermined warranties or some purchase lemon law like 30 days that depend on the state it was purchased in. So if you bought it in Late Febuary and took it out of the box in late September you only get frequent flyer miles or 1% cash back.

So you buy some crap at Walmart with a credit card, you take it back and get your money credited or an exchange.

I would get some really thick glasses and look at the papers that came with the credit card. Sometimes they will only do you a favor if you spend a lot and they might make up for their time in future earnings, holding everyone's money for a period of time. Then they will try to keep you as a customer. Hence published dollar amounts.

Then there are other little fees like restocking fees and shipping that are not covered unless the manufacturer is paying for this. Then your intrest rate goes up because you are a big pain. It's kind of like a big insurance policy where they make so much off the 88% of transactions that don't have a problem that they can afford to be a mediator for those 12% losses using the lemon and consumer laws as a basis to recoup your losses.

However there is also looking through really thick glasses buying things from their list of qualified vendors. Just because they accept credit cards doesn not mean they are in this program. It is intended for a list of perfered places (that already put in money for advertising this) to buy normal things as opposed to specialized one of a kind constructions.

Bottom line=Big Hassle.

Greg Chrise
02-07-2007, 08:49 PM
It gets complicated when going from state to state with purchases. If the Russian mob has hacked your credit card for $50 or $300 you will get that back with the insurance the cards have. After about a month. Over $300 you are into something entirely different and the financial institutions will bail. They really got your money in a week and made 3 weeks intrest off of it and kept you freaking out.

That's why every consumer offer ever is $300 or $299 as they are running a game on how long it takes for the money to get contested. You bought something, it is in their account. It really sucks or you realize what a smuck you are, you contest it. Mister Scammy had your money making intrest for 45 days before the banks took it back out of his account. He made intrest on it usually at around 5 to 12% and really did nothing for it.

What I wanna know is if I know all of this, why am I broke all the time? Can you say too honest? Can you say seasonal business? Sure you can.

Kevin Dells
02-07-2007, 09:07 PM
Ron,

You know our story with Scarefactory, one of the best props of 2005 and the hands fall off the first night!
How embarrassing!

:: Hey somebody shut the main draw to our haunt down before it kills somebody!::
Then when you call them NOBODY gets back to your for a month and then the seasons over!

And we only got half the needed pneumatics for it to begin with, they send us a package of whats missing and we have to figure out how to put it together! Uhhhh

Thats like one of us selling a patron a ticket,slapping a costume and some blood on them and telling them to scare themselves!

Jim Warfield
02-07-2007, 10:12 PM
You just about described a haunt I was told about!!
It was in a mall in a store space, one big open room, dimmly lit.
The customer buys a ticket enters the big room where people in costume and no costume (the other customers) are all walking in two counter-rotating circles passed each other.
After walking around about 4 times a guy told them, "OK, you two (the customers) have walked around enough, you can go now."
That was the "Haunt".
Could anybody be "Happy" with that experience?
It didn't seem to catch on, now did it?

wipp
02-09-2007, 07:08 PM
do yall want to see something funny?this is the email i got from erik today

Agreement on Trade
Seller: SpookyPlanet.com, Inc.
Buyer: Eddie Dupuy

SELER is offering two Distortion NEW Animations to BUYER in the amount of $3200 in exchange for a back order purchase of a Distortions Electric Chair animation at equal value back in late summer 2006.

The below parties agree that all other outstanding deals, offers or debts are now taken care of with the signing of this agreement.

i like the last part he wrote about upon signing.is this guy for real?someone tell me hes not that stupid

wipp
02-09-2007, 07:10 PM
he says before he will send props i need to sign that and fax it back.

Greg Chrise
02-09-2007, 10:15 PM
There is no way to verify the true value or condition of said props....Send money only before you start adding up real expenses trying to resolve this matter and take it to court or action by local sherriff.

If those props are worth $3200, sell them and send the money. He obviously already triple sold that electric chair and can not be trusted to not substitute something again.

Hell American Freak
02-09-2007, 10:17 PM
Ok, what is he sending you in replacement for the value of $3200

A couple $10 severed hands for $1500 each...

Greg Chrise
02-09-2007, 10:19 PM
I don't want to offer anyone's services I am not authorized to so. But, for example, John Denley found him once and can find him again on your behalf for a significant fee as he is in the area. That amount ultimately is a charge back for collecting your $3200 that will also be due from him. Unless he would like to do a paypal in so many hours.

zombierandy
02-09-2007, 10:55 PM
I spoke with someone recently who had bought some masks from Eric Carlson. They said they had bought 3 masks and Eric sent only 2!! This buyer told me, "the only thing spooky about spooky planet is the way Eric Carlson does math!".

savage
02-10-2007, 02:14 AM
This is just a suggestion.

I run a site for dark artists - http://www.spookyart.com - which has a reasonably active message board for dark artists and illustrators. One of the sections is simply entitled "DEADBEATS" and invites artists to post their grievances against publishers, companies, et al that have stiffed'em. The only parameter is that your claims, as the accuser, have to be provable/verifiable/quantifiable - you can't just gripe - you have to be able to demonstrate malfeasance. It's been dormant for over a year, which tells me that all us artists talking to each other is a GOOD thing. You can still see evidence of past transgressions, though.

A haunted attraction industry equivalent might not be a bad idea. I know I've had my share of deadbeat haunt clients - them what demands the moon on an asteroid budget, then don't pay a meteor's worth.

Just a suggestion.

drfrightner
02-10-2007, 02:46 AM
I just wonder when we'll stop talking about him... I think this guy has already been run through the coals enough. We've seen like 10 threads started about Spookplanet and it just never seems to end.

I think we got the picture already! Geezzzzzz.

Savage, I'm going to check out your site! Sounds fun!

Larry

Greg Chrise
02-10-2007, 02:47 AM
Then we will all be chipping in for more servers and bandwidth. We would all need 7 terminal war rooms to keep us informed and be immortal to see things resolved.

In my day job I will walk out from a $4,000 job and get a $200 cash tip totally unsollicited. In the haunted world anything from $200 to $1200 requires pretty clever suggestions of what you will come to get in lue of payment and 14 calls and emails to get paid. Even at super promotional prices with big names as clients. You have to think like a repo man.

The solution is to just say No. I'm real busy.

wipp
02-10-2007, 09:01 AM
larryi happened to get ripped off of a lot of money through your haunted classified adds by this guy.why would it aggravate you to see people warning others of getting scammed.the picture of the imffamous electric chair is still up for sale on your webpage and erik is ripping people off on a daily bassis.you say hes been raked through the coals enough like your taking up for him.i would say raked through the coals is people giving this guy their money and never getting anything.do you like the fact that he is using your websight for fraud?what if someone out there didnt read the threads and buys that electric chair again?

bodybagging
02-10-2007, 09:24 AM
Wipp I agree with you on this one, again if not for your posts I may have fallen into a business deal with him. I personally am glad that I caught your Posts regarding SPOOKY PLANET

drfrightner
02-10-2007, 12:49 PM
Wipp,

There is a difference between exposing something, and overexposing something. I think EVERYONE NOW KNOWS! At some point rehashing it over and over again won't do any more damage.

Lets talk about something else for a change.

Larry

wipp
02-10-2007, 05:44 PM
well larry not everyone visits this fourm on a daily basis.why dont u mind people posting superbowl posts and anna nicole and all that but when us haunted house buyers start talking about deadbeat sellers and having a ligitimate discussion,you come in like the fourm god and tell us what to talk about .we dont buy a 200 dollar animations from distortions,we buy props that cost thousands.to us buyers mabie its what we want to discuss.
if my point was so clear on erik then why has that same add been on your haunted classified websight for a year now?i think we should be able to put sellers in the hot seat here,but anyway im sure your putting a smile on eriks face right now.taking up for criminals because you dont want to talk about it anymore.well cant we talk about it?its not off topic.i will take this elsewhere but in 2 mths when someone else posts they were riped by the same guy will you say "we all know"?and btw he ripped john denely off for 150k so his name has been in highlight way before this.also look at bodybag,if it wasnt for this post he coulda been out of thousands also.

drfrightner
02-11-2007, 01:59 AM
You've posted enough about. Lets drop the subject. There are other things to talk about. I think WE ALL NOW KNOW what you think of Eric.

Lets move on.

Larry

Jim Warfield
02-11-2007, 09:43 AM
Mr. Tuxedo is offering an electric step-stool for only $950.oo, full payment, in advance of course.
"Old Mother Hubbard,
Went to the cupboard
To get her old Cat a bone,
She stepping on the stool
The Cat was no fool,
She got ZAPPED,
Banged her head,
Now he eats what he wants,
alone.

wipp
02-11-2007, 10:36 AM
ill take it for 950.00 only if you promise not to ship it

wipp
02-11-2007, 10:41 AM
and if anyone else has anything electric,i will buy that too

Nightmaretony
02-11-2007, 11:22 AM
Chad, the ones going to your website are the typical variation of the classic 419 scam. One website if it is still runnign to have some fun with is www.419eater.com where they screw around with those types. One truly interesting one is where one scammer when asked, drops the curtain and reveals motivations for doing it, why it is such a national sport out there. Another website, not sure of the name would be the lads of lagos. Look those up for more entertainment value.

ClusterOne
02-11-2007, 12:54 PM
Larry why jump on wipp about this? We all know how you feel about Leonard, yet you keep bashing us over the head with it. Same thing about TW going to Vegas...let it go man.

I know this is 'your' site, but you shouldn't make people feel bad about speaking their mind. It must interest some people, it has been hovering at the top for some time now. If the subject doesn't interest you, don't read it then.

savage
02-12-2007, 05:57 AM
Chad, the ones going to your website are the typical variation of the classic 419 scam. One website if it is still runnign to have some fun with is www.419eater.com where they screw around with those types. One truly interesting one is where one scammer when asked, drops the curtain and reveals motivations for doing it, why it is such a national sport out there. Another website, not sure of the name would be the lads of lagos. Look those up for more entertainment value.

I'll check'em out. I plan to spend some time in the near future installing an SEO mod to PHPBB that makes it search engine friendly (which it currently isn't) so that the posts at spookyART.com can be indexed and hopefully save artists some grief!

Ken Spriggs
02-12-2007, 11:04 AM
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

drfrightner
02-12-2007, 03:24 PM
Cluster,

No there is a clear difference here... when is the last time you've seen a post about Leonard? Screamworks right? That thread wasn't about him, it was about Screamworks, and I pointed out that yes it was Leonard who did the Screamworks disaster. I feel like I'm trying to protect people from falling into his flytrap of he's the Godfather of haunting. Yes I see your point and its a good one.

Leonard in my mind hurts the industry, he hurts people with his outdated advice, and in the case of Screamworks nearly ruined their life, atleast in my opinion. If I can stop the next guy from making the same mistake I will everytime! I do not think he knows what he's doing and he proves that over and over again. I see a track record of disaster in his trail, and yes you can say if Spookyplanet is doing the same not shipping, and whatever its like the same thing.

Yes I see your point. But here is what I'm saying... WIPP has posted this now over and over and over and over and over and over and over again. Its like it NEVER ENDS every five seconds he's creating a new thread about it... there has been no less than 10 threads he's created about the SAME subject. I've erased atleast 6 of them already at the request of the parties involved. It mostly started with John Denley. He said it was okay to remove most of them, so I did.

It was a legal matter between two people...it was resolved. Case closed!

I understand that WIPP is upset, and to be honest I'm happy he's exposed Spookyplanets practice. If what he's saying IS NOT TRUE, then I would think Spookyplanet would have jumped on these message boards and cleared it up. At this point I don't think there is any question as to whether WIPP is right or not.

I think the point is that after 10 threads, and 100 posts on the same EXACT problem I think we all now know that you shouldn't deal with Spookyplanet.

I don't think ANYONE from this message board will order from Spookyplanet. My only point to Wipp is that I think the job he tried to accomplish is done ... but he keeps talking about the same thing over and over and over again. Creating new threads about the same subject isn't going to change that he's right and someone else is wrong.

We know!

There is more things to discuss and talk about. I talked about Leonard/Screamworks, it was kept to one thread, and when the discussion was over I didn't make another one to talk about the same thing again. Did I? No! So I'm saying geeze we already know what happened between this guy and Spookyplanet, we've seen and read about it over 10 threads and 1000 posts. Enough already. He's created threads on multiple boards on this system about the SAME THING. When thread dies off he starts another one. I'm not mad at Wipp, I'm just saying dude we know now. Wait until his name gets brought up again, before we create ten more threads.

He's exposed!

Let me be clear...the next time that Leonard posts something on his blog about how Halloween is the worst holiday, or whatever I'm going to mention it. Yes I will. And if someone gets on here and says ... "Hey I'm considering ordering from Spookyplanet or if someone new comes along and says 'hey i got ripped off by spookyplanet' would I expect Wipp to not comment on it? No I wouldn't. I would expect he'd be the first person to WHIP Spookyplanet a new one, and inform whomever what kind of crook that he is. But at this point Wipp got taken for some money, and he's not ever again going to order from Eric/Spookyplanet, he's told us not to fall into the same trap and I can tell you he's done a good job at letting everyone know ...

Will I be ordering anything from those guys? Well for ONE no because why would I order through a middle man charging keystone prices? Secondly I wouldn't because of all the things John and Wipp have brought to our attention. But I think we know now.

If I could HELP Wipp get his money back, if I could help in anyway I would. I would try to help any haunter who needs help. If he'd like I could try and email Eric and find out if he will do something about this.

If Wipp would like me too I will! I would do that for anyone. Why don't we look at a way to fix this problem rather than create 10 different threads about the same subject and talk about it over and over for months on end. This is all I'm saying.

Larry

wipp
02-12-2007, 05:30 PM
well i didnt post anywhere near 10 topics on erik but i understand that i overdid it.and it will not happen again.im sorry for running it into the ground because of my frustration.

drfrightner
02-12-2007, 05:51 PM
Wipp,

If there is ANYONE on this planet that can run a point into the ground to prove a point its ME!!!! LOL. Trust me!

And I don't want you to say you're sorry you have nothing to be sorry for. Dude you got screwed, but you're not the first person who got screwed by a haunted vendor. Thankfully we have message boards like this one to expose those people.

You did the right thing.

I sent Eric an email and asked him point blank what his deal is. I told him that if he took your money, and now because of bad business moves he's basically broke, he should tell you, he shoudl tell you what he plans to do to make things right.

According to you he hasn't done that, which would make him a deadbeat!

Again thanks for exposing this.

I think all I was saying was I think its known now.

Next time someone asks about his company, I'm expecting you to be the first one to let them know about your dealings. If you can get your money back or made satisfied I would hope you'd inform us.

I think Spookplanet is been beaten into the deepest bloodiest grave possible!!! Don't you think?

Take care.
Larry

wipp
02-12-2007, 09:48 PM
dam that was very cool of you to email him for melarry.thank you and if he makes good with me i will be sure to let everyone know were square

paul006
09-22-2007, 07:21 AM
Hi guys,
I'm sorry to bother you but I've fallen foul of Erik Carlson and his scam. I purchased a alien head,a supposed suit from the upcoming alien vs predator movie and a ecto-1 car. I've recieved the alien head, which is not the same one as the picture and is a pile of crap.

The predator suit he claims has been shipped elsewhere by accident and ecto-1 he claimed there was a shipping balance on it. That was the last communication i had with him. I'm based in the UK.

I can't believe i fell for his lies. Could you offer any advice as to how i could locate him or get my money back. Whose predator suit and ecto-1 were these?

Paul

TheNightMare
09-22-2007, 02:04 PM
Sorry to hear people got taken from SpokyPlanet. And because of this post I will NEVER do busines witht that company.

screamshow
09-25-2007, 11:47 AM
We really need a vendor feedback forum.

MMManiac
09-25-2007, 12:23 PM
The Thread Lives!!! Muh Hahahaha

Jk

Sean

SomeThingInTheIce
09-25-2007, 02:48 PM
The Thread Lives!!! Muh Hahahaha

Jk

Sean
It's sad that it lives, I know how these people feel but, I made out and the vendor came through. I was worrying for nothing but, I think these people got taken by this guy.

mc bHUDDA bOUNCE
10-06-2007, 10:19 AM
I was thinking of licensing my Halloween Song "CREEPIN IN" (http://www.soundclick.com/bands/pagemusic.cfm?bandID=744511) to companies and his company was on the list.

Anyone who sees an opportunity that is legit, please contact me through my website. (no email here to avoid spam)

http://BhuddaBounce.com (http://www.BhuddaBounce.com)

Thanks,
Gabriel

drfrightner
10-06-2007, 02:06 PM
I will say this... I've known Eric for a LONG TIME, he was always a huge haunted house fan and aspiring haunter. Way back in the day when he was still a teenager we'd talk on the phone for a long time...I don't know what happened to him, other than he got exposed to the reality of the business world.

From everything I'm seeing and hearing its pretty obvious that he's made some mistakes that hopefully he can learn from and start over. His name is pretty much mudd in the haunted house industry. Most people make mistakes and come back better than ever... I hope that Eric can take a step back and realize this is no way to make friends, and when you make run a business you have to do whatever it takes to make your clients happy otherwise you end up like this.

I know he's still a very young man, and maybe he'll learn from all this and be better for it. Personally I'm tired of hearing about him... heck he's sending me emails asking me to erase all this stuff, saying some law firm will contact me, which I just blow off. I'm not erasing any of this stuff but I do think its time to end all this stuff... I'm tired of hearing about it.

Its October baby! Time to celebrate!

Larry

paul006
10-07-2007, 07:54 AM
People need to know about Erik's conduct. I've lost 25'000 to him...

If it were a case of a few small wrongdoings, then yes I would agree. But he has committed several offences, which, in the UK at least, would see him serve a jail term for fraud.

MMManiac
10-08-2007, 12:33 PM
aggreed. If it wasnt for these post I would have spent alot of $$ with him.

sean

SomeThingInTheIce
10-08-2007, 07:18 PM
If he has taken all this money, then why hasn't anyone gone to the cops? Sounds like this guy needs to be in jail! $25,000.00 is big money!

paul006
10-09-2007, 08:49 AM
i'm taking legal action but, as i undertstand it, he owes 100's of thousands worldwide and any money disappears into a big black hole

quite a few parties have contacted the FBI's fraud department etc etc, including myself

i can only present the facts to the UK and U.S law enforcement agencies and suggest that law enforcement action be taken against him. Getting my money back is a civil matter, more or less

what puzzles me is i spent 6000 with him two years ago, and the service could not have been better. Like Dr frightner said, what happened to him?

paul006
10-13-2007, 03:58 AM
i also think he has gone on here under different names other than spookyplanet

bump

paul006
10-25-2007, 06:21 AM
bump bump bump

neffuri27
11-14-2007, 10:19 AM
about folks talking about the crooks that are out there, obviously Larry has never
been scammed out of money. He takes up for Scarefactory and for Erik Carlson.
Its weird to me.
I am sure I will get kicked off here for speaking my mind but I am late to
this discussion anyway.
Also I was curious about the person that said "we all know how you feel about
Leonard" I am assuming Leonard pickel, not one of my favorite people either!
Told some of my fans to write an article on my haunt and send it to him and
so with the help of two friends I wrote it and he trashed it and picked it apart
and told me my haunt had NOTHING to offer his readers.
SIRENS OF CINEMA a real magazine published the article in its entirety
in Issue # 8. Which made my whole year.
Larry would not publish it either. Oh well.
I got it done thats all that counts.BIG GRIN!

Keep on haunting and thanks to everyone that warned us about
scareparts and Erik Carlson.

Kimmy

SomeThingInTheIce
11-14-2007, 11:09 AM
Larry may not like what you post but HE WILL NOT THROW YOU OFF OF THE BOARD! He is not like that, yes it is his board but he will let anyone use it and post what they want to say. I'm sure I have posted things that he did not like as I'm sure meny others have too but I'm still here as are they. This is truly a open haunt form!

neffuri27
11-14-2007, 04:29 PM
You are right, I have emailed a couple of times with him and Larry seems like
a very nice guy and he has a fantastic magazine!!!!
Thanks for writing.

I love this forum very much, I now know the vendors I can trust and I
will be spending my money with them.

Thanks
Kimmy