PDA

View Full Version : CGI for Home Haunts DOES EXIST !!!!!

TheMonsterMaze
02-06-2007, 09:36 AM
The Monster Maze used a CGI character for it's
"STORY TELLER" in 2002, the year we did "TERROR THEATER"
we used a simple PC in conjunction with a projector,
projecting it onto the side of a wall by the queue line.

The CGI character does have audio, unfortunately, I had the sound turned down at the filming of this clip so that I could do something else.

Somebody read along with text being projected anyhoo.

http://home.comcast.net/~monstermaze/wart.mpg

Took me all of a couple of days to write the code to do this
(I'm a computer programmer in the real world)

It was pretty affordable, (cost of PC and projector), looked cool, and entertained people ( I also made a couple of CGI characters do a monster maze version of abbott and costello's "who's on first" dealing with the monsters in the monster maze - *THAT* script went on for pages programming in little expression changes and what not.)

Granted, it's not the "WHIZ BANG" level as a pro-haunts CGI, but I'm just trying to show you that it can be done without spending tons of cash.

Comments ?

Opinions ?

TheMonsterMaze
02-06-2007, 09:38 AM
oh yea - btw

That character is from a free library of characters that are available online.

Also available are a grim reaper, jack o lantern, skeletons, a troll, scientists, etc etc etc

Mr Nightmarez
02-06-2007, 11:24 AM
That's pretty cool. More info or links would be great!

Thanks! :twisted:

PumpkinHead
02-06-2007, 07:15 PM
Very Nice, Monster Maze !
Where online did you find those?

SomeThingInTheIce
02-18-2007, 04:03 PM
My brother just gave me a DVD he made that will be used in a coffin prop that I made, this is one of two CGI special effects that we will use for 2007. The one for the coffin is just a part of a head and a eye that is looking out from the coffin, it has heavy breathing and banging noises. The second one will be placed in the window of the Old Mill Mining Co. one of three new bulidings that I'm making. It will use the mirror behind at a angle the image on a TV pointing up. It will be of a ghostly skull miner that will desolve into smoke.