PDA

View Full Version : Mansion of Terror Haunted House For Sale

thedarktomb
01-11-2010, 11:05 PM
Located in Austin, Texas. We've lost our current lease so we are selling the Haunted House as a turn-key operation. You can own a seasoned Haunted House with a great reputation, great annual reviews, and a nationwide presence. The Mansion of Terror Haunted House has run from 2003 through 2009. Rated the #1 Haunted House in the Nation by Lions Gate Films. Featured on the Travel Channel in 2008 and 2009 as one of the Top 8 Haunted Attractions in the country. Voted the Scariest Haunted House in Austin and Central Texas with every printed review in 2008 and 2009.

The haunted house is packed up in 5 semi trailers. A 1977 Cadillac M&M Hearse with 80k miles is included. The hearse has 2000 watts of audio, under carriage lighting, interior lighting, and the entire back interior was redone with crushed black velvet. Includes a body wrap. The Hearse has a seperate battery and charger for audio and lighting. Also included is a 1985 GMC Short Bus (The Bloody Clown Bus) which has a sound system, undercarriage lighting, interior lighting and runs off gell batteries. All seats except the first two rows were removed to register it as a passenger vehicle. No CDL required. Bus is propane or gas.

Also includes Facebook Fan Page with over 500+ fans, Twitter account with other 2,000 followers and a growing email list, Highly trafficked Web site and owner custom emails, Customer database of all online ticket sales for the past four years.

This is a turn-key operation and will include 80 hours of free consulting for the 2010 season to assist with theming, room designs, planning, marketing, staffing, etc... 75-80% of the current staff will remain if left in the Austin area.

Approximately 350 painted plywood wall panels, pneumatics such as Unit 70 Crawler, Bolt, Meg Koi, Head Banger, and more, 12 air blasts, 3 air cannons, 8000 watts of audio with Peavey amps, Peavey DJ speakers, and accommodation for 10 sound sources. Theatrical lighting to include lasers, industrial strobes, LED lighting, par cans, chandeliers, the works. 6 industrial air compressors. There are enough props to build out 3 haunted houses.

Please email for a complete inventory list. Price is negotiable. The only items we are looking at parting out seperately are the hearse and the bus. The rest will be sold as an entire unit.

Please visit www.mansonofterror.com for photos and media materials.

You can email me at norm.glenn@yahoo.com or call 512-576-9570 for more information.

Norm Glenn
Owner
Mansion of Terror Haunted House

Raycliff Manor
01-12-2010, 08:03 AM
http://www.mansionofterror.com/ ;) Sorry to hear you lost your lease. That's a bummer. Here's hoping you'll get a surprise call or email and be offered a new location, if that's what you would want. :D

Kel

thedarktomb
01-12-2010, 08:49 AM
Thanks Kel!

I've always wanted to go back to graduate school and I knew that I couldn't do the haunted house and go to graduate school at the same time. So losing the lease was a sign for me that it's time to head back to graduate school. It's been an insanely fun ride, lots of work, and a lifetime of learning with the haunted house! I'd go back and do it all over again in a heartbeat.

Best regards,

Norm

thedarktomb
01-12-2010, 03:17 PM
The bus and hearse are listed on Ebay...

Hearse:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=200427582975&viewitem=&sspagename=STRK%3AMESELX%3AIT

Bus:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=200427590043&viewitem=&sspagename=STRK%3AMESELX%3AIT

brad
01-13-2010, 09:52 AM
PM sent to you

PAT MATTHEWS/HOUSE OF WAX
01-13-2010, 05:22 PM
They there Norm
sorry to see you guys go. Maybe we will be graced by you doing another haunt in the future.
best of luck in the future
Patrick Matthews

thedarktomb
01-14-2010, 09:33 AM
Thanks Pat! I'm not going to stray far from the haunt industry. I'm a haunter for life, it's in my blood! :-)