PDA

View Full Version : Daybreakers Review / Jennifers Body

drfrightner
01-16-2010, 02:17 AM
OMG... this movie SUCKED!!!!!!!!!!!! This movie was a mess from the start and ended even worse! The concept for this movie was great, a world dominated by Vampires and Humans are in the minority.

It was kinda weird Vampires are working like normal people while Humans are used as food... but when 95% of the planet is all vampires, there is NO food left for the Vampires to eat sooooo... they work on solutions other than human blood so vampires can continue to survive.

Sounds cool ... right? Well until you see the movie I guess!

THIS MOVIE IS A MESS!!! It makes no sense, the action is horrible, the script is a train wreck, and well I just couldn't wait for it to end!

I also saw on DVD Jennifers Body... first off Jennifer is HOT no doubt! LOL.

Overall this movie isn't that great there are some decent little scenes but overall its below average! I do not suggest either movie but would take Jennifer over DayBreakers ANYDAY OF THE WEEK!!!!

We have Wolfman to look forward to!!!!

Larry

MDKing
01-16-2010, 06:48 AM
Legion looks great. Also wanting to see Wolfman this year, and Robin Hood, Clash of the Titans, and Season of the Witch!

The starving vampires in Daybreakers looked amazing though! It was an OK movie, could have been way better.

Allan

scarygoat
01-16-2010, 07:36 AM
I have to agree that Daybreakers was pretty disappointing. Awesome concept like you said, but there wasn't enough action, the movie felt REALLY rushed, and the ending was not good. There is a bunch of movies coming out that look good though. The ones that I am definitely seeing in theaters are going to have to be Wolfman and Clash of the Titans!

kpolley
01-17-2010, 08:32 AM
Maybe we all watched a different movie, because I really liked Daybreakers. I thought the makeup and whatnot was awesome, there were some gruesome moments that even made me cringe, and the story was fun and interesting. It's worth seeing. I liked it!

scarygoat
01-17-2010, 08:51 AM
Maybe we all watched a different movie, because I really liked Daybreakers. I thought the makeup and whatnot was awesome, there were some gruesome moments that even made me cringe, and the story was fun and interesting. It's worth seeing. I liked it!

Yea, I have nothing against the makeup and costuming... those subsider vamps were SICK! The gore was also sick... and I mean SICK! I do think they had a good concept I mainly just didn't like the ending... it seemed like it had good pace up until then. I personally think they could have added another 20-30 minutes and showed you more of what happened at the end and maybe a better "final" fight scene.

The Forsaken Crypt
01-17-2010, 09:01 AM
What a dissapointment! I was going to see daybreakers but I have heard more negative reviews as opposed to positive!

Motograter
01-17-2010, 12:19 PM
I really liked it I thought it was a neat concept

freak 'n' stein
01-17-2010, 08:08 PM
I agree with Kip, we must all have varying opinions on movies. While I haven't seen Daybreakers, I did rent Jennifer's Body last weekend. I thought it was a great movie. Not only is Megan Fox the sexiest woman alive, the movie was pretty decent. I think most people went in thinking it was supposed to be some amazingly gory/scary horror flick, and it wasn't. When you go in with sub-par expectations, there is no way you can be let down. The story was kinda cool.

drfrightner
01-18-2010, 05:34 PM
I don't know what movie Kip saw but Daybreakers would be in my TOP TEN WORST MOVIES OF THE YEAR LIST... the acting was horrid, the story had more holes than a golf course.

I would agree the make up jobs on the ugly vampires was cool but whenever they showed up it made no sense they just walked into peoples houses even though they have all that security. Funny.

If you really think about this movie it was really a play off that other horrid movie Planet of the Apes remake. Because at the end of the movie the Apes run the World, the government, police and whatever else. We all know how bad that movie sucked, well this is 10 times worse!

Just because some of the make up fx are cool doesn't make the movie good... it blows!

I've got kids (LOL) saw I've seen a couple other HORRIBLE movies of late... Alvin and the Chipmunks OMG did that suck! You will fall asleep watching this movie. Another really really really bad movie was Spy Next Door or whatever its called with Jackie Chan, that movie was a ZERO out of 100.

The movies I've seen of late that ARE GOOD...

Sherlock Holmes

And some good ones I've seen on DVD are Hurt Locker, 500 Days of Summer nothing good horror wise in a while it seems.

Oh well.

Larry

Haunted Illinois
01-18-2010, 08:06 PM
Wow, despite what the god of movie reviewers has to say, I liked Daybreakers. I guess thatís what makes most of us human and some of us vampires. LOL.

I liked the story line. It wasnít one of these cookie-cutter remakes or an annoying attempt to make vampires glittery, sexy or lame, like other movies seem to be doing these days. It was a nice modern twist on your traditional vampire tale.

Regardless of the script or other downfalls, I found this movie to be cool and fresh! I really liked it!!!

Darkblood
01-19-2010, 08:03 PM
I gotta say. I love vampire movies. I LOVED Daybreakers.
I admit it could've been longer...but wow, the effects and makeup...awesome!
Only one minor nitpick from me...the first shot of Ethan Hawke he was nothing but clothes in the mirror, yet later he checks his ear in the visor mirror...with a reflection. LOL
I can't wait for the DVD of this.
And the Wolfman looks FANTASTIC!

Kirk