PDA

View Full Version : Speed Seminar Speakers

Rich Hanf
01-26-2010, 09:07 AM
Since I am the day long “Ghost Host” for the Speed Seminars I decided that I will need to speak with each of the speakers personally before the seminars. This is so I have some insight into who they are and what they are bringing to the table for y’all (since the Saints won, I am an honorary son of the South…Southern Jersey that is).

Had the unexpected pleasure of talking to Allen Hopps yesterday. Allen is the artistic director of the Screams Halloween Park located in Waxahachie Texas (home of former WWF Tag Team Champion Big Dick Murdock). Screams is apparently a show that stays pretty much below the radar but does BIG numbers. Allen started haunting almost 25 years ago beginning with the Jay Cees, then moving on to working year round at the legendary Terror on Church St. in Orlando(John Denley’s favorite haunt of all time btw). After Terror, he moved on to Skull Kingdom, then to Spookyworld, and now Screams.

Allen is a Haunter with not just experience, but RELEVANT experience. After speaking with him for a while I predict that his will be the Dark Horse seminar of this event as he brings almost 2 ½ decades of large haunt experience to the show. Although he will be speaking about stilts, acting, and crowd entertainment…he will be an excellent source of information and I wouldn’t hesitate to pick his brain.

After speaking with him for some time, the quote I walked away with is “Stilts are a portable stage. If you have no business being on stage, you have no business being on stilts”. Mark my words, this will be surprisingly good.

Later Rich Hanf

drfrightner
01-27-2010, 01:41 PM
Sounds like a great time Rich! Nice talking to you yesterday! Larry

damon carson
01-28-2010, 12:47 PM
If these are considered speed seminars how long are they suppose to last? Just wondering.
Damon

Allen H
01-28-2010, 02:36 PM
Each seminar is 1/2 hour. I believe there are ten speed seminars on the schedule.
Allen H

scaryguy666
01-28-2010, 08:35 PM
is that all

Allen H
01-28-2010, 09:22 PM
Here is a link to their page
http://www.haashow.com/index.php/seminars
and here is the curriculum I think its a pretty great set of classes. 5hrs worth.

Seminar 1
HAA001
12:00 PM – 12:30 PM
Showmanship
How to sell your show to your guests and the media! Step right up folks!
Speaker/s: Rich Hanf, Haunt Consultant

Seminar 2
HAA001
12:30 PM – 1:00 PM
Props for Actors
From gore to gags, things to put in your actors’ hands to amuse and terrify your patrons!
Speaker/s: Ben Armstrong, Netherworld Haunted House

Seminar 3
HAA001
1:00 PM – 1:30 PM
Quick Tips to Successful Marketing
The Gavinski’s will share with you a few of the tips they use to successfully market your event.
Speaker/s: Tim and Ann Marie Gavinski, Wisconsin Feargrounds

Seminar 4
HAA001
1:30 PM – 2:00 PM
Stilts and Suits
How to use stilts and other costuming tricks to break the mold
of the human form.
Speaker/s: Allen Hopps, Haunt Consultant

BREAK

Seminar 5
HAA001
2:15 PM – 2:45 PM
Creating a Crisis Plan
When disaster strikes you better be ready! How to plan for the worst and strive for the best.
Speaker/s: Amber Arnett-Bequeaith, The Beast & Edge of Hell

Seminar 6
HAA001
2:45 PM – 3:15 PM
Use Of Celebrities
Bringing horror icons to your event – marketing gold or money pit?
Speaker/s: Paul Johnson, Atrox Factory

Seminar 7
HAA001
3:15 PM – 3:45 PM
Timed Ticketing
Slow weekdays and jammed up weekends? Timed ticketing
may be the answer!
Speaker/s: Leonard Pickel, Hauntcon & Haunt Consultant

BREAK

Seminar 8
HAA001
4:00 PM – 4:30 PM
Terrifying Textures
Lose that beautiful skin and learn how to make your face textured
like a monster!
Speaker/s: Bloody Mary, Makeup Artist and Vendor

Seminar 9
HAA001
4:30 PM – 5:00 PM
The Interactive Game Haunted House
Generate repeat business with multiple paths and choices in your haunted house.
Speaker/s: Realm of Darkness

Seminar 10
HAA001
5:00 PM – 5:30 PM
Pyrotechnics!
The quick and dirty facts on fire and explosions – what to do
and NOT to do!
Speaker/s: Stephen Joseph & Ross Karpelman, The House of Shock