PDA

View Full Version : ok you know your a haunter when ???

PAT MATTHEWS/HOUSE OF WAX
01-28-2010, 12:16 AM
you know your a true haunter when you get stranded at the haunt and jump start your car useing a generator and the battery charger off your spark fence . Yep I did it tonight now add your storys

graystone
01-28-2010, 08:26 AM
You know your a haunter when your single and find yourself making love to the Unit70 static chick props with the blood soaked lace panties. Shane and its WHO'S YOUR DADDY! SHANE THIS TIME!

mindtumor
01-28-2010, 08:28 AM
I must not be haunter, lol.

WelchWitch
01-28-2010, 09:07 AM
That says a lot about you Shane.

Badger
01-28-2010, 09:30 AM
...when you start taking photos of your kids dressed as zombies and using them to promo your upcoming Zombie Walk...

Promo pic from 2007:

http://c4.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images01/30/l_b6faa35582078fae1b377856f1cfc7e3.jpg

Dr. Giggles
01-28-2010, 09:38 AM
When your custom silicone masks are more expensive then your car payments...

01-28-2010, 11:57 AM
hmmm shane I think your act may be more common than you might think lol

bcghosthunters
01-28-2010, 12:17 PM
I tend to agree. We bought some props from another haunt that had holes cut out in certain areas. I don't think they came from the vendor that way. Lol

graystone
01-28-2010, 12:40 PM
Maybe this would be a good thing for HBO with their Sex Fetishes After Dark Series. Shane and its I love the smell of latex babes! Shane this time!

BruiseMuse
01-28-2010, 03:15 PM
You own almost as many pieces of costuming as normal clothes.

You own a ton of makeup, but none of it is by Revlon.

You visit the doctor and ask to keep any of the supplies they used (I have gotten drawers full of medical goodies that way).

ThECRaZyLadY
01-28-2010, 04:17 PM
When you go to a funeral and the only thing you remember is what the casket looked like. I know I think there is something wrong with me too.

Fear Unfathomed
01-28-2010, 04:30 PM
When you go on vacation or travel for work, you always look up which haunted houses are in the area on the off-chance you can visit them. You also own enough haunt shirts/sweatshirts to not have to do laundry for 3 weeks (and you wear them to church).

drfrightner
01-28-2010, 05:40 PM
When every cool building you see you say "THAT WOULD MAKE AN AWESOME HAUNTED HOUSE". Larry

Dreamreaper
01-28-2010, 05:49 PM
When you travel 2,000 miles to go to the Haunt Show and 3 haunted house's while you are there.

BruiseMuse
01-28-2010, 05:51 PM
When you schedule your wedding so it won't interfere with any part of haunt season.

01-28-2010, 05:53 PM
Larry I think I have done the very same thing when you see a new building since I was like 9

Dreamreaper
01-28-2010, 05:54 PM
When you keep putting off building your new house on the property you purchased 3 years ago, because you keep spending everything you have on the haunted house.

Dreamreaper
01-28-2010, 05:57 PM
When you schedule your wedding so it won't interfere with any part of haunt season.

I didnt know there was an end!

N2SPOOKINU
01-28-2010, 07:22 PM
When you get MARRIED on the front porch of your haunt on premier night so its a tax write off! hehe Yep, I'm DAMN GOOD!

Greg
Fearfest

Scream Shack
01-28-2010, 07:28 PM
When You Build a barn (to use for your Haunt) on your property before you build your new house so you don't miss a year of haunting

Matt Marich
01-28-2010, 08:03 PM
You buy Christmas decorations and figure out how to fix em' up with blood for next years Haunt.

ThECRaZyLadY
01-28-2010, 08:18 PM
Your at your haunt and need to take a 20 min. nap, so you can work another 10 hours, and the only place you can find is... one of your caskets. I have a pic of Greg (FEARFEST) doing just that. LOL

N2SPOOKINU
01-28-2010, 08:51 PM
Hey honey that was a great nap but you didnt have to snap that pic. hehe
FYI caskets are pretty comfortable!
Greg
Fearfest

scaredcity
01-28-2010, 09:34 PM
When you dream about it, on christmas eve... I really wanted to say every night but thought this was funnier... True story too...

Fear Unfathomed
01-28-2010, 11:02 PM
Post the picture Christina!

Killer Katie
01-28-2010, 11:18 PM
First - shane...ewww..... LMAO
When everything you own has at least a drop of fake blood on it.
When you collect anything with a skull on it like most people collect glass figurines.
Get turned on by the small of plywood. heh heh heh

Fear Unfathomed
01-28-2010, 11:24 PM
When you move into your new apartment in August, you decorate for Halloween... and never un-decorate. And you have a roommate from a foreign country who has never heard of a haunted house... :rolleyes:

Also, anything associated with Halloween that smiles or has the word "Happy" with it, you deem it not Halloween related.

Tater
01-28-2010, 11:52 PM
your 91 year old grandma looks at you and asks Does your fiance help you make your shitty britches too?

01-29-2010, 12:44 AM
How about when your house is the only one in the entire neighborhood with out any Halloween decorations on it (they are used in the haunt) I agree your a true haunter if you ever napped in a coffin, gurney or on an autopsy table

Spoils
01-29-2010, 07:51 AM
When in your early 20's you quit your job in July and live in the workshop trailer of the haunt and sleep next to masks molds until the end of November. And do this for the next 2 years after that.

The Doctor
01-29-2010, 09:22 AM
When you constantly evaluate every item on every isle of a store to see if it can be used to make something for the haunt,or your costume even while shopping for Groceries.

Where most people see junk you see prop materials.

when you can't drive by a scrap yard with out thinking how cool that old rusty machine would look in the lab.

When everyone else is going to a horror movie to get scared you are going for research purposes.

When your pick up line is hey I work at "Random Haunt"

Allen H
01-29-2010, 09:54 AM
when your wife separates your clothing into "wear out" and "wear at the shop" piles due to latex and silicone spattered on them.

When you have to dig for a t-shirt that isint black.

when you have many hours using a chainsaw but rarely has it had a blade on it.

When you get annoyed at the skimpy dressed girls at halloween show because a haunt booth could be in their spot

when you have done a 4th of July parade in a monster costume.

when you have done a Christmas parade in a monster costume.

Jim Warfield
01-29-2010, 10:14 AM
When you eventually get the old, creepy, 1870 haunted house bought that's been empty for two years and you are in the dark (no electricity yet) on your knees, a flashlite between your teeth, working on the sump pump in the big wine cellar at 2 am, because you couldn't sleep. (Too excited about having bought the house) THEN you remember the girl who claimed "someone" had kissed her on the lips 20 years ago when it was the JC haunted house and you know you will Never come into this room wearing a dress or a wig because she never said if it was a "French "kiss with a forked-tongue , and you don't want to find out!!!!!!!
No electricity, working on the sump pump, 2 am..??? That pump hadn't run in 2 years it could have waited, BUT I COULDN'T!!

01-29-2010, 01:42 PM
when you wear a sant suit while armed with a chainsaw (yep ive done it )

hauntman666
01-29-2010, 02:53 PM
When its the end of the season and the next day your thinking about what you can do to make it better for next year right away

When you look on the free section of craigslist for items you think you could use in your haunted house

soultrkr
01-29-2010, 03:02 PM
when you wear a sant suit while armed with a chainsaw (yep ive done it )

I wanted to do this for Christmas Decorations in my yard but the wife said no go.

You know your a haunter when your Grocery shopping and you every time you see a thick liquid like corn syrup you wonder what kind of wonderful slime or fake blood you could make out of it.

Banshee
01-29-2010, 03:59 PM
LOL! I'm guilty of most of these so far..:D I've snoozed on a gurney before :cool:
as a corrollary to the 'blood on the clothes' post - add black paint all over the clothes..

tonguesandwich
01-29-2010, 04:47 PM
When you park your Jag in the street and your hearse in the driveway….

Banshee
01-29-2010, 04:51 PM
when there is a spot where you undress and empty your pockets that is full of screws, bolts, washers, broken fingers, eyeballs, zombie skin, rubber roaches etc. etc.

asanve
01-29-2010, 06:13 PM
When you pull the 350 short block out of your 1978 25th anniversary corvette and put it into your 1967 Cadillac hearse because the hearse engine was shot when you bought it and you needed the hearse to run for the town parade to advertise your haunt!!!!!

01-30-2010, 12:09 PM
I love this post its amazing how many of these things were all guilty of minus shanes obvious obsessions. Big or small were all pretty much all the same.

elowther
01-30-2010, 02:16 PM
Awesome post! Here's one for you.

You know you're a haunter when......You drag out the black lights, smoke machines and pumpkins you had been saving. Not in October but on a freezing cold January night to do a photo shoot in an attempt to get a good shot in the snow for next year's Christmas card or future calenders.

Enjoy the shots by Artifact Images,

Eric

http://i92.photobucket.com/albums/l37/ericlowther/SUZ_4646.jpg

http://i92.photobucket.com/albums/l37/ericlowther/DSC_0316.jpg

http://i92.photobucket.com/albums/l37/ericlowther/DSC_0471.jpg

http://i92.photobucket.com/albums/l37/ericlowther/DSC_0520.jpg

Darkblood
01-30-2010, 02:24 PM
First, AWESOME PICS!
Okay, now to the topic...
When everyone you know starts off when they see you, "I saw this awesome hearse (or anything horror/haunt related) and it reminded me of you..."
Yep, I've had that happen a lot, even from people I only see twice a year!
LOL...when this post started I was going to post EXACTLY what Larry said. I've been on vacation or a trip when I've looked out my window 'scouting' for buildings that were empty or would make a great haunt...and I'm far from home! LOL

Kirk

Fear Unfathomed
01-30-2010, 02:30 PM
Eric,
Those pictures are INCREDIBLE!!! I'm jealous. Nicely done!

Also, you know you're a haunter when you need a good blood spatter background pic for a project, and you "just so happen" to have fake blood lying around and a nice white bathtub to spatter up. Just hope you can clean up the mess before the never-exposed-to-haunting roommate comes home. In the middle of that right now...

scaredcity
01-30-2010, 09:09 PM
All my wife wants for Valentines Day, is for me to NOT say "haunted house" for the whole day, or anything that is "Haunt related", its gonna be tough... i was gonna say its gonna be Hard, but i am practicing not using H words...

Adam

Mr. Malice
01-31-2010, 11:14 AM
....When you use all the teddy bears your ex-girlfriend ever gave you for bloody props in a childs bedroom.

graystone
01-31-2010, 11:24 AM
When you take your favorite Unit70 static prop chick home and sleep with her at night? Shane and its move over baby! Shane this time.

P.S. Eric loveeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee the pics!

BruiseMuse
01-31-2010, 11:36 AM
Shane, you are a Unit70 hump-aholic!

01-31-2010, 08:57 PM
when you wait to see what horrible accident you will have this season and survive hopefully not needing an ambulance or hospitalization. (yep duct tape makes wonderful first aid)

Jim Warfield
01-31-2010, 09:16 PM
If you ever decide to make the trip to come to my house in Mount Carroll, I expect to be notified in advance. It will be lights on and my manniquins will be watching you very closely.
They are inscrewtible, their parents were very ridgid people, they book no nonsense of such a personal plastic nature, especially the nazi-babes.
This might be a heavy breathing room for you.
HAHAHAHAHAH!

Jordan24
01-31-2010, 10:55 PM
When you get about 3-4 hours of sleep every night in September and October...

N2SPOOKINU
02-01-2010, 08:30 PM
You post on facebook you hit a deer with your car this morning and your haunter friends get excited for the road kill because they know your haunt opens in less than 8 weeks for the columbia haunt tour! LMAO Thanks Fear unfathomed lol

Greg
Fearfest

graystone
02-01-2010, 08:40 PM
You spend a ton of money on a damn TransWorld kick off party for a bunch of haunters! Shane and its party time! Shane this time.

for tickets go to http://www.graystonemanor.net

Umby
02-09-2010, 02:58 PM
When you get about 3-4 hours of sleep every night in September and October...

You get that much? lol

I've had nights where I would leave the haunt and drive to straight to work to get a 45 minute nap in the parking lot before I had to go in :oops:

Jim Warfield
02-09-2010, 11:06 PM
to entertain at 6am, especially after they have been in line for half the previous night and most have a 3 hour drive back home!
As long as they would stand in line, I would stay open to take them in the house....
Then a local woman asked if I could be open at 9am to take some female Russian exchange students through the house?
I said , "No." I explained it all to the woman, at 9am they were ringing my doorbell anyway!! "GRR!"
Give me back my old seat on the slave ship, put that oar back into my hands.

scaredcity
02-10-2010, 12:00 AM
Damn Jim, really??? Can't top that! But I am a haunter for sure. cuz Everything I touch, I seem to find it's breaking point. I'm haunted for real.

Adam

newhorror2010
02-10-2010, 03:59 PM
Almost everything I see, read, or hear somehow reminds me of Halloween!
or
When I'm at places like Southern Thrift or any other store a lot of the stuff I look at even if it's not Halloween related is something I can see placing somewhere in the haunted house.....add a little blood splatter here, a little there.........

John

Jim Warfield
02-11-2010, 12:18 AM
...you happen to see a really, truly goofy-looking person..and you begin to attempt to memorize the proportions of their face..because it would someday make a really creepy mask!
I'm not kidding!
I was watching a 3on3 basketball tournament and there was this older woman there with a combination and arrangement of features I had never seen before, and she was not the victim of a disfiguring accident either. She seemed to have alot of friends and was a happy person too!
Maybe she was popular because she passed the ball alot?
I like to shoot. Nobody likes me.
I'd shoot from anywhere, any kind of shot, low, high, behind the back, shoot without looking(this catches the defense way off guard!)
And they really hate me...when those shots go in.