PDA

View Full Version : We called it

Allen H
01-30-2010, 10:50 PM
Does this look familiar?

http://www.aolnews.com/crime/article/fbi-says-the-geezer-bandit-robbed-san-diego-national-bank/19338447

Front Yard Fright
01-30-2010, 11:38 PM
It was only a matter of time!

freak 'n' stein
01-31-2010, 01:52 AM
hahaha...that's great

Banshee
01-31-2010, 05:45 AM
Hey.. notify the FBI.. you might get a reward!

Badger
01-31-2010, 08:35 AM
I wonder if he'll give a testimonial as to the realism of the product...?

Darkangel
01-31-2010, 09:13 AM
That's not a mask, he's real right? It's hard to tell but it doesn't look like a mask...

DA

Jim Warfield
01-31-2010, 10:29 AM
If it's a $600 mask, Wally-world doesn't sell them, do they?
A very small mask and magic store in Rockford, Ill. (I used to go to) was visited by the FBI asking if he had ever sold this one mask design?
They began with their general memory-jogging types of questions when the store owner cut them off and said, I know his name, address and where he is right now, he is a regular customer of mine.
Was he talking about one of us immoral, unscrupulous nasty
weird haunters?
Was it a sleezy magician?
No, but you could have seen the bank robber on TV every Sunday!
A preacher!
He had robbed numerous banks because,,,"god told him to."
Of course he lived like a millionaire, didn't share the wealth with the "poor" and his Wife didn't know about his "Girlfriends"
(But God Did!)
Maybe God "Dropped the Dime" on him?
The little magic & Halloween store had many clown make-up customers who entertained children church groups, there was the original connection.

Raycliff Manor
01-31-2010, 12:39 PM
I guess as an owner of this mask I'm a suspect! :p Good think I no longer live in San Diego!

Kel

hauntedghost
01-31-2010, 04:51 PM
i guess that mask is working out really good then huh???

now let see if he is going to wear the other ones that is for sale.. now he has the money!!!!!

Allen H
01-31-2010, 05:30 PM
He definitely got a good return on his investment. DA It is the SPFX elder mask. I suppose I should have been more clear in my post.
Allen H
p.S. I did notify the san diego police dept.

freak 'n' stein
01-31-2010, 06:23 PM
Allen, I meant to ask, how on earth did you happen upon that story?!

I have a feeling silicone has just turned the crime game on it's head! I guess make-up has been around for forever, so maybe not.

I want to say I'm floored about that mask in particular being used, but maybe not!! Who is next? The old woman, sarge, the thug?! hahahaha!

Allen H
01-31-2010, 07:36 PM
I have a healthy fascination for bank robberies. Im not at all shocked, the elder is the least noticeable. Every other mask would stand out in a crowd and be noticed. If there is a next I bet it will be the thug or the old woman.
Allen H

hauntedghost
01-31-2010, 08:13 PM
so what did the cops say to you, Allen?? did you told them that it was a SPFX mask??

I think i saw some thing like this on Law&Order before.. maybe i am worng..

hauntedghost
01-31-2010, 08:21 PM
well here you go.. hopefully you can see the two pics.

graystone
01-31-2010, 10:04 PM
Paul and I both said it and this was gonna happen! Shane and its a pat on the back is much needed and deserved! Shane this time

Darkangel
01-31-2010, 10:35 PM
Allen,

I knew you were implying the spfx elder actually, but I really didn't see the likeness. It looks a little like it but it's not obvious maybe it's just me...
DA

scarygoat
01-31-2010, 11:01 PM
Allen,

I knew you were implying the spfx elder actually, but I really didn't see the likeness. It looks a little like it but it's not obvious maybe it's just me...
DA

I heard about this on the SPFX forum, and well... I'm not sure. It does look similar, but the video I saw about the robberies had better close-up pics and it doesn't exactly match. I'll try to find the video that I saw. But like I said, I'm not sure.

Jim Warfield
02-01-2010, 08:31 AM
Probably 25 people at the local nursing home wear theirs everyday.
All day long, all night too.
How do they stand it?
They must maintain a low metabolism, stay quiet, calm , no contact sports, no screaming, running up and down dark hallways.

damon carson
02-01-2010, 07:34 PM
Thats hilarious! I didnt read all of the article but do they really believe an old man is making these robberies! Thats hilarious! I knew this would happen too! But its funny its the old man one! Ha Ha!
Damon

Jim Warfield
02-03-2010, 06:18 AM
He might not want to remove the mask for the next 20 years.
"Bubba, he's yours!"
"Naw, this Bubba don't do no elderly."
20 years would be a very long time to sweat in a mask.

monsterwax
02-04-2010, 10:25 PM
ten to twenty might be a long time to sweat in a mask, but it's sure better than the alternative...