PDA

View Full Version : Haunt Floor?

Front Yard Fright
02-02-2010, 07:21 PM
I've been doing outdoor haunts for three years now and I have yet to find out a good way to have a floor inside the haunt. The first year I used mulch, which was cheap and easy, but wasn't very appropriate in a house setting. The past two years I used 2x4 frames and 1/2 OSB on top, but the OSB falls apart after each season, making it less than cost effective. I thought about going with plywood, but that would get real expensive REAL fast. Also, mold would be a huge problem.

Any suggestions on what else to do/use?

Dreamreaper
02-02-2010, 08:30 PM
Years ago when I had the house haunt I used pallets and filled in the gaps, leveled with bricks to also keep water away from the wood. you could even roll out some tar paper for that. By the way I like your web site.

N2SPOOKINU
02-02-2010, 08:31 PM
Zach,
this is what we have used to combat the problem of not having a building with a concrete floor.
We use fire retardant pallets for our flooring. We cover them with a moisture insect barrier then put 1/2" plywood on top of that.
I remember talking to you about our use of commercial canopies.
I realize they are not the cheapest available but I like them and the customer service from this company is great.
We use www.farmtek.com commercial canopies.
Here are some pics of our concession building we made for the 08 season.
We started with using our bobcat and leveling off the ground as good as possible then we add about 2" of rock for a base.
If you have any questions just ask.
Thanks,
Greg

N2SPOOKINU
02-02-2010, 08:38 PM
Heres more progress pics

N2SPOOKINU
02-02-2010, 08:51 PM
Heres some more pics. i hope this gives you some ideas.
If your going to Transworld you can visit Fearfest on the Columbia haunt tour.

Go to www.columbiahaunttour.com for tickets
Greg
Fearfest

Front Yard Fright
02-02-2010, 08:52 PM
Yeah, I still have those pics you sent me Greg! I just wanted to see what others might have used.

Your place looks awesome btw!

N2SPOOKINU
02-02-2010, 09:00 PM
Thanks Zach, see you at TW!
Greg
Fearfest

MarkSchaefer
02-02-2010, 11:03 PM
Would gravel serve the purpose? Actually, gravel moves so limestone the same size as pea gravel would lock into place. I believe the crushed stone is or was called 45's. If, getting wet is a problem becoming muddy stay a way from stone
with dust in it. Otherwise, if moisture is not a problem using chips and dust crushed stone will be less expensive and it settles down over course of few weeks to surface very similar to concrete!