PDA

View Full Version : Hauntworld Magazine 23 SHIPPED... Lets hear the reviews

drfrightner
02-04-2010, 12:41 AM
Let me start by saying this was the MOST work I've ever put into one single magazine... it was a backbreaker. I hope you like it!

I wanted to say thanks to everyone who wrote articles and helped!

Well the magazine IS SHIPPED... its coming to your door!

Let me know what you think after you get it and let me know if we are in the right direction, what is it you liked and what you want to see more of.

Thanks
Larry

kpolley
02-04-2010, 07:09 AM
Well, since my wife helped stuff the envelopes I got my copy early. It's a great issue. I especially liked the story on Haunted Overload but especially the layout. Not sure why, it just appealed to me. The "Creating Killer Shots" article is also great. Lots of good info. Great magazine. Keep em coming.

drfrightner
02-06-2010, 01:23 AM
Anyone else get the magazine? Larry

Spoils
02-06-2010, 06:54 AM
Hopefully it will be in the mail today. Looked yesterday and was disappointed....just bills!

soultrkr
02-06-2010, 11:54 AM
got nothing on friday hope it is here today heading to check for it soon.

graystone
02-06-2010, 03:54 PM
Been reading some today and I can tell you its jam packed of info. This is a really good issue gonna take me a bit to read it all and the ad looks GREAT ( Thanks Doug@ Brain Storm) Shane and its you guys will enjoy it! Shane this time.

soultrkr
02-06-2010, 07:52 PM
It came in today. Love the layout still reading it lots of information

Dr Spooktakular
02-06-2010, 09:25 PM
Larry,
Are you gonna have any of the new Unit70 pieces on your tour this year like you did last year, and/or do you know if the Unit70 guys will be at TW this year. Magazine is spooktakular by the way!

drfrightner
02-08-2010, 06:42 PM
Most everyone should have got this by today I would think... we also send out magazines to HHA members paid for by HHA but I don't think they went out yet but maybe they went out today. Love to hear all your feedback.

If you don't have a subscription get one today! www.HauntedHouseSupplies.com

Dreamreaper
02-08-2010, 08:58 PM
I'm HHA and didn't see it today.

elowther
02-08-2010, 10:45 PM
Nothing yet.

Hopefully tomorrow. That massive snow storm may have slowed things up for some of us in the east.

Eric

Frightguy1
02-09-2010, 12:33 PM
Got mine the other day. I've been dying for a new issue! I love the Haunted Overload article, Eric and his crew were a huge inspiration to us here at Grimlock Manor so it's nice to read more about them and their process. Those are the types of articles I love best.

The layout of the magazine is nice. Everything is nice and legible. I used to have some problems with the body text not being clear because of images that were set behind it but this issue seems to have solved those issues.

One of my favorite industry magazines. Oh and a nod to the folks at Jak Prints whos insert was in the issue. We had them print our marketing materials last year and their prints are top notch! Great customer service and fast turnover.

Jay.
Producer
Grimlock Manor
http://grimlockmanor.com/

elowther
02-09-2010, 04:16 PM
I'm glad you liked it Jay. I still haven't seen it. I hope it comes soon, the anticipation is really killing me now. I hope my subscription didn't run out. Wouldn't that be a bitch, lol!

Eric

Ambergris
02-10-2010, 02:07 PM
I don't have mine either, Eric. It's not just you. They're probably all sitting under a snowdrift in Baltimore. :D

drfrightner
02-10-2010, 02:31 PM
I talked to a couple people who just got theirs yesterday. I would wait another 2 or 3 days and if you don't get them send me your address and subscription information by email to darkrides@sbcglobal.net

Then I will check into it for you! Thanks Larry

newhorror2010
02-10-2010, 02:32 PM
I recieved it, loved it like all the issues before it, & just today renewed my subscription. Eagerly awaiting the next issues!

J. Elks
Death Row: Sanitarium of Slaughter
Actor/Builder/Etc.
www.deathrowhauntedhouse.net

lonewolfmage
02-11-2010, 04:26 AM
Larry~

Got my here the other day here in Western NY (even with the snow LOL ).

Like it alot and the direction the Mag is going. I too like a few others was HOPING that my subsription hadnt ran out, glad it didn't and i didnt miss this one.

I especially liked the Articles on Haunted Overload and how he made those "bigger than life" props , and if i read correctly 79 ACRES of land .. dang Eric no wonder you a constantly busy person LOL.

Looking forward to the next issue(as long as my subscription is still good) and hope to see more of the same stuff if future issues.

Keep up the good work.
LoneWolf
Jeff

OH P.S to Shane: Nice ad for your party looks like it will be a blast ... wish I could attend, maybe some year I will be able to if funding allows as well as the tradeshows.

SomeThingInTheIce
02-11-2010, 03:11 PM
Larry, all I got was a envelope, sent you a e-mail.

Kelly Anderson
02-11-2010, 04:29 PM
Got mine wed. Great info once again. This mag has proved to have great content in each issue. A great resource! I cant wait to get more reading time in.

I like the Haunted Overload artice about building the horse from foam. Very cool and very informative. Id like to see even more on prop building and set detailing in future magazines.

But its a great magazine as always! Nice Work!!

MDKing
02-12-2010, 04:10 AM
I don't have mine either, Eric. It's not just you. They're probably all sitting under a snowdrift in Baltimore. :D

Nope, not in Baltimore or else I'd have my copy by now.....

Allan

Creativecinema
02-12-2010, 02:41 PM
Got mine today. Looks boss!

elowther
02-12-2010, 03:43 PM
My wife e mailed me at work and said it came in the mail so I will be able to check it out late tonight.

I'm looking forward to seeing how it turned out.

Eric

Ambergris
02-12-2010, 05:57 PM
Mine showed up today too! It looks great. I can't wait to sit down and actually read it--I just got home so I've only had time to flip through so far. :D

VSneader2
02-12-2010, 06:39 PM
finally got my subscription ordered today. can't wait until i get the first copy

IHAUNT
02-13-2010, 10:18 AM
Got mine, Super Fine!!!

Tom

elowther
02-13-2010, 01:12 PM
It turned out great. I really enjoyed Tim's article in the Haunted Mansion experience. Brainstorm did an awesome job with all the layouts. Everyone's passion showed through in their respective articles. There is a ton of info in this book which I didn't realize until I looked at it as a whole, especially with all the TransWorld stuff.

Favorite article: Killer Shots, Good info awesome layout.

Favorite advertisement: Shane's kick off party. Very well done ad although Imprinted Warehouse was an attention grabber as well, lol!

Larry's letter and Ben's HHA letter were excellent and recapped all that went on last year.

Keep up the good work, I'm looking forward to the next issue already.

Eric

Dreamreaper
02-25-2010, 07:02 PM
Still waiting:(

SomeThingInTheIce
02-26-2010, 11:21 AM
I got a envelope.

Still waiting:(

craigsrobotics
02-26-2010, 02:39 PM
I have no idea whether or not my subscription expired...I never get a rebill notification.... I just sent an email to the office mgr to find out...does anyone get a rebill notice, or just wait until after the 4th mag is send out, then resubscribe manually?:confused:

drfrightner
02-26-2010, 02:55 PM
Anyone who did not get a magazine you email me directly darkrides@sbcglobal.net and offer up your name and address and we'll check into it for you like we always do. We'll let you know what the deal is. Normally we send out rebill notices don't know why you wouldn't get one but when you are dealing with 2000 plus mags going out it is kinda difficult.

I wish there was some program I could buy online to manage this...does anyone know of one?

Larry

HELLRAZZORS
02-26-2010, 03:36 PM
i recived mine today...looks good

Dreamreaper
03-01-2010, 06:20 PM
Mine was here today also. Looking forward to reading it.:D

craigsrobotics
03-12-2010, 01:18 PM
I'm off the list....or subscription expired, or both...still no magazine....have no idea where the breakdown is...after a month of several detailed emails to you, Larry, and your office, trying to figure out my subscription status, I still get no response....sorry, I tried your way....

Grimley
03-12-2010, 01:35 PM
It is weird that no haunt magazine has ever sent a notice that the subscription has expired. You would think they would want someone to subscribe again.

drfrightner
03-12-2010, 02:14 PM
What are you talking about I've emailed you back TWICE already...what do you mean by 'NO RESPONSE' how many times do I need to repsond. You emailed me I emailed back asking jim to check into your subscription.

Are you saying after I emailed you back and cced Jim that he didn't respond to you... that might be the case but to say NO ONE well we both know that isnt' true because I have emailed you back each time you have emailed me.

Check your spam whatever because I emailed you.

If you'd like you can email me again and I will check into again... we have our entire staff running around like chickens with their heads cut off because of the tour so if we don't get this resolved this week we can resolve it at the show or after the show.

But we'll get it resolved one way or another.

Larry

drfrightner
03-12-2010, 02:30 PM
JUST FYI... the new magazine is being printed as of today. We will NOT MAIL THEM OUT... they will be avail for pick up at the show itself. We'll check off your name and after the show is over the rest will be mailed out.

Everyone who comes to our behind the scenes tour will get a free magazine handed out to you at the EXIT of the attraction.

Larry

SomeThingInTheIce
03-13-2010, 06:15 PM
Larry, I e-mailed you about my magazine not being in the envelope and e-mailed patti, she was kind enough to give me a phone number to leave a message with the person who handles the magazines but they never got back to me. Any chance I can get one sent out, #23 and #24 are the last two due me before I need to renew. Thanks.

drfrightner
03-13-2010, 09:33 PM
I get back to everyone... I yelled at the guy who handles the magazines today. I know he sent out like 5 or 6 emails today in repsonse to people.

Its kinda hectic over here... but we're trying to take care of all of our orders. If you didn't hear back send me another email. Larry