PDA

View Full Version : Transworld Buyer/Seller or simple Observer?

drfrightner
02-08-2007, 02:48 AM
The Transworld Halloween Show is fast approaching.

I want to know this year are you a buyer, seller or observer?

If you're a buyer are you planning on spending more this year than last year, same, or less or none?

What do you plan on spending?

What are you hoping to see?

Larry

Greg Chrise
02-08-2007, 03:39 AM
Transworld Buyer/Seller or simple Observer?

I observe the simple. That makes me a simple observer.

Nightgore
02-08-2007, 05:58 AM
I'm going to buy stuff like books, dvds, etc... but that's it. Other than that I'm just an observer. -Tyler

mindtumor
02-08-2007, 06:27 AM
The plan is to buy, but that depends on what I find this year. I do plan to spend more this year than last year(and yes I was there last year as well).

imax
02-08-2007, 07:40 AM
I want to know this year are you a buyer, seller or observer?
Buyer

If you're a buyer are you planning on spending more this year than last year, same, or less or none?
More

What do you plan on spending?
Dunno yet. Depends if I find anything worth buying.

What are you hoping to see?
I'm typically more into it for supplies or base parts (buckys, latex, coverings, etc) than I am for fully constructed props (Tell me again why I want the same props the guys down the street have?). Books, DVD's, and edu materials are high on my list this year, too. I'm also interested in "eye candy" type things that don't actually do much other than increase the visual stuff in the haunt. We have animatronics/special effects well under our own control.

MMManiac
02-08-2007, 09:31 AM
First Im going to be an observer and if all the cards play right, I'll become a buyer. Anything I spend ths year will be more then I spent last year...

xxxdirk
02-08-2007, 09:43 AM
Planning on buying the most I ever have. Course, that will depend what is there though...

Mike Bizub
02-08-2007, 10:41 AM
Going as a buyer. The budget this year is only about 16K as we have a new location this year. We are also holding back some funds for the Rocky Point auction. We are looking for some detailing props, special effects, and a couple of WOW pieces. I wont know what they are till I see them. Mike

ClusterOne
02-08-2007, 11:11 AM
Buying and learning, thats our focus for 2007. There will be four of us and we are going to try to hit as many seminars as possible. As for our buget, I would say we will be spending less this year at the actual show, but my guess is we will be placing orders for the next few months based on what we see at TW.

MDKing
02-08-2007, 01:56 PM
I'm looking to drop about 200 G's.......Of course, this was just a set up for Jim Warfield to comment!

Seriously though, it's really hard to say until you get there and see what's new. We always buy many cool things at the show, this year will probably be no different. I'm hoping to see anything fun and different. Last year the horses sold by Unit 70 and Scarefactory were surprising to see and very popular.

Allan

MindWerxKMG
02-08-2007, 02:02 PM
I already made my major purchases, for 2007, from The Scarefactory during their year end sale and everything has been delivered already!Everything was 15% off of the catalog price. I'll be shopping for smaller items at TW such as Sinister Scents, camo netting, PicoBoo controllers, etc.

Raycliff Manor
02-08-2007, 02:16 PM
We plan on doing a lot of product research at the show and then coming back and having a meeting to prioritize, discuss and re-visit our budget. Once we've done that, we'll determine what we'll be buying. When I went to TW the year before last, I spent nothing at the actual show, but I did spend thousands with the TW vendors between the show date and the time we opened. Last year I spent with primarly the same vendors, even though I didn't go to the show, and invested some in a couple of new vendors I discovered through the onling forums and the conversations about the show in the forums. Like I said, this year, it's all about education and research... oh yeah, and a lot of partying and networking! :wink:

Kel

Nicole
02-08-2007, 08:38 PM
Buyer (but not big stuff)... there's some good-deal cash/carry items that I want from Bodybagging and other folks.

As of right now/as far as I know, our haunt is still on haitus - which is fine with me since I've been busy being a Mom lately!

We'll mainly be there looking and making notes for our boss for "a wish list" for if/when we reopen.

...and will be networking, catching up with old friends, visiting Dreamreapers... and hiting our traditional Tiki Bar down the road where the drinks are cheaper, stronger and the decor is kitchy-er! :)

Raycliff Manor
02-08-2007, 08:48 PM
If you don't reopen and you need to get your fix, pack the family up and come on over to Eureka Springs Nicole! :D

Kel

Nicole
02-08-2007, 09:09 PM
Sounds like fun! Thanks for the invite, but if we don't reopen end up using my makeup kit and some of my TW sample buys when I do makeup for our college haunted tunnels (creepy service tunnels underneath the university)... It's my alma mater - and I work there in Admissions... the haunted tunnels is run by the activities board that I used to be a part of when I was a student, and since I work there I know alot of the kids - it's for one night, all money goes to charity, and it's a TON of fun. :D

There's already the Bodybagging's Autopsy Atalie chest appliance that I know the students will be FIGHTING to wear next year - it's on my to-buy list this year at TW... if our haunt doesn't reopen I'm definitely loaning it to the haunted tunnels at the U.

Haunted Nashville
02-08-2007, 10:22 PM
We're buying more this year than ever before. Not really sure how much. I guess it just depends on what I see and what will fit in the show.

Dan Faupel
02-08-2007, 10:33 PM
Seller...

Be sure to come by the Haunt Visions booths to say hi, and check out the new stuff...we'll be in booths # 6608 and 6509-6515...below is a link to the floor plan...see you guys there!

http://www.hauntshow.com/pdfs/2007Floorplan.pdf

savage
02-10-2007, 01:22 AM
I choose Option D: Participant.

I'm not selling, in that I won't have my own booth. I won't be buying, in that I don't have a haunted attraction.

But I sure as hell will be doing more than observing! :)

I will be facilitating fun, grooming good times, glad-handing, networking, elbow-ribbing, nod-and-winking, and generally promulgating mischief whenever and wherever I can.

Oh, and drinking. I'll be doing that.

When I go to TransWorld, I don't sell (well, I might sell a little), I don't buy (OK, I might buy a couple of things), I don't observe (if I can help it) - I PARTICIPATE, BABY! YEAH! I TAKE PICTURES! I BUY PEOPLE DRINKS! I BUY DRINKS FOR *ME*! I SAY FUNNY THINGS (at least, I think they're funny, at the time) AND INVITE ALL AROUND TO LAUGH LAUGH LAUGH!

Above all, I spend the weekend reveling in the fellowship of this industry we call Haunted. Talking shop for 3 days with people who actually know what the hell I'm talking about? Priceless.

Nightgore
02-10-2007, 06:10 AM
True 'dat. -Tyler

brad
02-11-2007, 04:04 PM
Last year I went and didn't buy not 1 thing, cause I thought my haunt was a no-go that year. Well, we got it going(finally!!), and I actually have plenty of money to spend up there. I plan on buying some set decor(bucket of roaches, Sinister Scents)< and a few small anim. props. It should be a great year for me.

Raycliff Manor
02-11-2007, 04:34 PM
Hey Brad, the year before last we used the Sinnister Scents product as a hook for our marketing. We promoted it as "Smellorama". The press loved it!

Kel

Bill
02-11-2007, 06:39 PM
We're going as a buyer. Not sure about spending more or less. That depends on what cool things are out there. I know I will be bidding on the silent auction items in the Haunters Pavillion (since we'll have something out there) and the IAHA auction on Saturday. Sometimes you can pick up some big items for 50% - 75% of the normal cost.

Bill Criscione
VP - IAHA
Ghostly Manor
Sandusky, Oh