PDA

View Full Version : Fog machines, which are you more likley to purchase

gadget-evilusions
07-24-2006, 11:43 AM
Just curious, let me know your opinions.

Frighteners Entertainment
07-24-2006, 01:50 PM
Since I seel both types, it's tough to choose.

I sell more of the inexpensive foggers then the expensive ones 3 to 1.

ScarlettP
07-24-2006, 04:39 PM
That's cause of all us cheep skates who buy the 'disposable' kind. :lol: No, really, we've never had any trouble out of the cheep ones. We don't USE them as much or as roughly as some of the bigger haunts. We've rarely had one break, but when they DO give up the ghost or get lost or dropped we don't cry over it.

Empressnightshade
07-24-2006, 07:13 PM
I had a middle of the road fogger here for close to seven or more years and it STILL works well. That's because I rarely use fog machines. BUT, this year calls for one. So, we'll see how it holds up. If it plays out, I have three more that can take it's place.

HauntVentFX
07-24-2006, 07:47 PM
We sell a nice variety of foggers at the Haunted Ventures FX web site (www.HauntedVentures.com) and I personally like the top of the line PRO fogger. I've had a few of them in use for many years and they have never let me down. A huge amount of fog is produced by these units, and the recycle time is rather short.

Then again, we also sell the smaller and medium size foggers and they, too, have lasted for many years. It's all in the way you treat them. Throw them around and treat them poorly and they won't last long. Treat your equipment well and they will last a long while.

Mr. Chips
07-24-2006, 11:41 PM
buy a $20 fog machine at Wal-Mart or Target and use it until it breaks. I bought one from Target 2 years ago, and it still works fine. 8)

gadget-evilusions
07-25-2006, 05:53 AM
I can't buy foggers that cheap, walmart foggers don't put out the same as all our other 1700w foggers we use at the haunt. I am talking more quality, I have to go high wattage, quality is more the issue here. I know what I am buying already, I am just curious about everyones view on the subject.

Chris
07-25-2006, 10:58 AM

You have great prices on those.

erickroy
07-25-2006, 11:17 AM
I buy foggers from Springtree Lighting and Audio and I get good prices for heavy duty foggers. I only own 2 heavy duty foggers. I might buy 1 additional this year, every other fogger I own came from Wal-Mart for $20 and they work like a champ. I refer to them as scene foggers because they are small, but the out put is great. I'm outdoors and they still last good. If they break, oh well.

07-25-2006, 11:31 AM

You have great prices on those.
Thanks, I try hard!

ScarlettP
07-25-2006, 06:10 PM
Isn't it NICE to know that some of us actually APPRECIATE you?

*Smooches*

Jim Warfield
07-26-2006, 12:16 AM
I still miss my two $350 (each) foggers I used to have, they both quit after many years of usage...but in the dead of winter as the cold wind howls around my holey underware and the coyotes on the next hill (the graveyard) sing their forlorn song, that is when I would really miss the $700 I would not have in my pocket because I spent it on fog machines!

Bonesaw
08-03-2006, 02:25 PM
I just saw a tiny personal fogger made in Germany that can be placed under a costume.

Kewl but $1,400 tho! :o

ScarlettP
08-03-2006, 05:23 PM
I think Ben Armstrong has one of those!

gridbug
08-04-2006, 10:20 AM
Are you sure Ben was using a machine to make that fog? :oops:

Xeverity
10-04-2006, 04:02 AM
I love fog - can't get enough of the stuff. Luckily here the weather is often very sympathetic! People can see the house all the way down the street because of the fog. Strangely enough this has not resulted in any car crashes!

The big industrial foggers are great but finding a spot to put them is a problem they look to intrusive. I use the 'ice' type ground foggers in mid-size this way I can dot them about for a more uniform fog. They are easier to disguise.

Nothing worse than having visible equipment and noisey motors.

X

ClusterOne
10-04-2006, 08:36 PM
Is it just me or has the price of foggers gone down a LOT over the last 5-6 years. The first one I bought at Spencers was about 6 years ago, it was the cheepest one at about $80, now they run about $20....I wonder why....

10-04-2006, 09:21 PM
Almost all of them are coming from China.

TenFootReaper
11-14-2006, 09:39 PM
yes china and the parts are cheaper inside than a couple years ago all five china foggers we bought quit this year.

slash
01-13-2007, 10:04 AM
They're all made in China so unless you get a Rosco or something, the durability is pretty much the same. Output and warm time (the first warm up and how much it has to warm up during each cycle), is what the expense comes from. I just use the $20 from walmart in each room, and throw a chiller on it if i need to. However, you can make a "fog system" to go through a maze or other area where one fog machine would not be practical (you would have zero visibility in one area, and no fog accross the room). Take a large fogger (1500-2000 watts) , put a fan or blower system on it, and route it to PVC pipe overhead or down below, then just drill holes in the pipe where you want the fog to go. I saw this on one of the Hauntworld tapes, help me out with the specifics Larry.

Kevin Dells
01-28-2007, 08:39 AM
Don't remember the company we bought from back in 2004 but we bought about 30 of the cheap ones at TW. All 30 have hit the can,worked for maybe a weekend if we were lucky.
Cleaning them wasn't an option, the heater coils would burn out real quick!
Next time we buy the pro foggers, like others have said high output and it's lasts years not weekends!