PDA

View Full Version : Geoff Becks New DVD: Haunting Makeup is finished!

Jonathan
02-08-2007, 10:51 AM
**SORRY FOR ALL CAPS...MY KEYS ARE LOCKED.**

YOU CAN ALSO PRE-ORDER NOW AND PICK IT UP AT THE R.F.R. BOOTH AT TRANSWORLD.

THIS DVD IS A MUST HAVE FOR HAUNTERS, MAKEUP ARTISTS OR THOSE JUST LOOKING FOR A COOL COSTUME IDEA!!!! LEARN FROM THE INDUSTRY MASTERS IN A 3 HOUR DVD.

READ MORE ABOUT THE DVD AND ITS SECTIONS IN THE MAUSOLEUM AT

http://www.rottingfleshradio.net/store/product_info.php?cPath=23&products_id=43

THERE WE HAVE A FULL LIST OF CHAPTERS, ARTISTS and MORE!!!!

THIS IS A GREAT NEW ADDITION TO GEOFF'S WORK.

MMManiac
02-08-2007, 10:59 AM
Cant wait to buy one at transworld!

Mike Bizub
02-08-2007, 11:43 AM
Do we need to preorder or will there be plenty available at the booth?

Jonathan
02-08-2007, 11:45 AM
You can get them at the booth. Not sure how many will be there but we will have some.

Also, you can WIN copies of them before TW every week on RFR leading up to TW.

We are giving away 2 a week.

screamlinestudios
02-08-2007, 12:19 PM
Stop at our booth too while you are at it - if Jonathan runs out of copies we'll have them too!

I want to just take a moment to mention something -

I have seen much of the rough footage and yes, good old Screamline Studios makes some appearances in this DVD, but having said that - I've watched Geoff Beck craft this DVD from the very beginnings of its conception. From layout to setting up the shoots to looking over my shoulder and critiquing everything I did while designing the cover, insert and labeling for the DVD, he has demonstrated and shown his incredible love and emotion for the haunt industry by creating this product.

In my mind, rather than just spit out another rushed, profit only minded, poorly produced creation, he really has crafted a piece of Art by making this film. The countless hours of tape to produce a 3 hour long training/instructional DVD is mind numbing. Not to mention the innumerable hours of editing & producing it takes on a project like this make it quite an accomplishment.

If anyone else knows Geoff Beck like we do, you know you are going to get a great well produced film with this. You also know his dedication and commitment to the industry is second to none.

If you buy just one DVD this year for your store, yourself, your haunt or for your actors, you cannot go wrong with this one. It is very professionally done.

If you just cannot wait, you can order them from our site in the products section, there you can also take a look at the cover and features by clicking on it's picture. Now the DVD is in print right now, so it will not be available to ship until right before Transworld.

I wish someone else could have wrote this besides my company that is selling this DVD as you probably believe this is a puff piece, but even if I wasn’t selling these, knowing what I know, I would have said the same thing.

Jonathan
02-08-2007, 12:25 PM
It's okay to boast....You are speaking from the heart and people who know you, know that you wouldn't blow smoke to promote a product.

bodybagging
02-09-2007, 05:52 AM
OK you TWO, Lets not forget that THIRD VENDOR who will also be carrying this AWESOME Makeup VIDEO as well! NOW Once RottingFleshRadio has depleted their Supply of the BEST Makeup Video ever, and SCREAMLINESTUDIOS as sold every last DVD they have on the showfloor, and you still havent been LUCKY enough to get yours, Come on back up and visit BODYBAGENTERTAINMENT, for your LAST chance of taking Your very own Haunting Makeup volume 1 Home from the show!

Raycliff Manor
02-09-2007, 02:02 PM
Not taking any chances! I just ordered a copy on the RFR site. I have Geoff Beck's DVD "Playing With Fear" around here somewhere and it's a great DVD! I'm looking forward to the makup DVD. Actually, Mari, our House Manger, is looking forward to it! As part of her professional development for 2007, she is focusing on makeup skills. I know this DVD will be a tremendous benefit to her. I'll have to borrow it from her and watch it too! :D

Kel

Raycliff Manor
02-09-2007, 07:01 PM
Jonathan, I've been trying to figure out who your voice reminds me of and it hit me today. Have you ever seen the commercial with the guy talking about how your credit score can affect you. That's who you sound like to me. Is that you doing that commercial???

Kel

Nightgore
02-10-2007, 07:12 AM
I'm for sure getting it! I probably end up getting ALOT of DVD's at TW! YAY! -Tyler

Jonathan
02-10-2007, 09:25 AM
HAHAHAHA

Kel neverheard that one before...hahahaha to funny. No it isn't me sad to say.

Maybe Ill toss in a "Do you know your credit score" on the show next week...hahahaha.

lurker
02-26-2007, 03:46 PM
I watched it on the way home from TW, and it is really excellent! It is definitely something you would want anyone on your crew to watch if they are involved with getting your characters into make-up.
Some of our actors are in the video as models, but that isn't why I'm giving it a big thumbs up. It really is a good video. If it had stunk I would have kept my mouth shut.
:D

PumpkinHead
02-26-2007, 05:07 PM
Jonathan, I've been trying to figure out who your voice reminds me of and it hit me today. Have you ever seen the commercial with the guy talking about how your credit score can affect you. That's who you sound like to me. Is that you doing that commercial???

Kel

YES!!!!!!! Kelly, you are reading my mind!

Jonathan
02-27-2007, 10:03 AM
So after meeting me face to face....Is That Still My Voice?

Raycliff Manor
02-27-2007, 10:08 AM
:lol: I'll still hear your voice when that commercial plays Jonathan. That's not a bad thing. Obviously you both have a voice for the communications biz! :wink: It really was a pleasure to finally meet you in person. Too bad we didn't have more time to hang out. I still think it's unfair that people met you and say, wow! you're younger than I expected and when they meet me they say, wow! you're older than I expected! Sometimes the truth really is harder than fiction! :lol:

Kel

Jonathan
02-27-2007, 10:27 AM
HAHAHAHAHA too funny. Its all good though. I do have you and Rusty beatboxing at the crowne on Audio. Could make for an interesting clip on the show? You think?

Its a funny clip too. Yeah, gotta love the older/younger comments. The thing I find funny is I'm not all that young either, I just look it.

But hey look at it this way, with age (in your case) comes wisdom and beatboxing. LOL

crazybob turner
02-27-2007, 09:51 PM
Sorry to all but this post is more of a serious nature in the fact that Geoff's latest DVD has really hit the mark with a wide variety of haunters, Halloween artist, and face painters. I really did enjoy his first DVD but this is really a great collection of 3 hours worth of talent and education for all your staff to see. He also does a business presentation to haunt staffs on makeup and actor training that really motivates and works your staff into doing better makeup and acting. It proved itself this year at the Haunted Hydro Dark Attraction Park. Our inhouse survey proved the patrons saw a noticable improvement of our actors this year...so take note and buy one of these DVD's - you will be glad you did.
Crazy Bob Turner Owner of the Haunted Hydro in Fremont, Ohio

Raycliff Manor
02-28-2007, 10:40 AM
Hey Bob, thanks for bringing us back on subject here. We've enjoyed Jef's first DVD immensely and we have this new one on order and are looking forward to it! Sorry we let our TW enthusiasm hi-jack a very important thread. :wink:

Kel

Jonathan
02-28-2007, 11:09 AM
It is a great DVD. Kel, yours was shipped out. And these things were selling like hotcakes from the RFR booth.

So I think he has a winner on his hands.

screamlinestudios
02-28-2007, 11:46 AM
We sold plenty as well - both cash/credit and carry and preorders for costume shops.

I really like the cover for some reason - it looks great. I mean, whoever had to put up with Geoff Beck barking design directives in their ear for over a week, must have the patience of a saint, not to mention he/she must be a very positive person.

Yes - a great DVD complimented by a very positive cover and interior DVD label and insert.

I can't imagine what something like that would cost, but any designer would tell you it would be very pricey, unless you were a postive friend, then it would be a steal.

I am also sure the designer wasn't aware that they had to provide hand written directions to social events either, then the price would have been more I am sure.

:lol:

bodybagging
02-28-2007, 01:41 PM
Im working my way thru this DVD now that ive made it home safely, Personally i think its going to be the Best Haunt makeup DVD on the market, Im sure we came in with the lowest sales numbers on the DVD , but hey who can compete with RFR and SCREAMLINE STUDIOS for attention!!!!!!!!!!!!!

crazybob turner
03-09-2007, 09:41 PM
I had seen bits and pieces of the dvd but I finally took the time to watch the whole 3 hours and folks if you do any type of makeup in the haunt industry you MUST buy this dvd. The person who filmed and edited this dvd knows the industry. He should be charging $40 atleast for this wonderful educational and funny collection of makeup presentations. I am glad he isn't charging this amount... now several of my monster staff who also saw it are going to buy a copy for themselves.

WELL WORTH THE MONEY _ GET YOURS TODAY _ REALLY!!!!!!

Crazy Bob Turner who is going to use this dvd to help train my whole staff in Aug of this year....

ClusterOne
03-10-2007, 12:00 AM
Im working my way thru this DVD now that ive made it home safely, Personally i think its going to be the Best Haunt makeup DVD on the market, Im sure we came in with the lowest sales numbers on the DVD , but hey who can compete with RFR and SCREAMLINE STUDIOS for attention!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hey there Rob, I bought mine from ya! Trying to help out the little guys!

And yes, it is the best makeup DVD I have seen, bar none.

=Joel=

Kevin Dells
03-10-2007, 05:00 AM
Thank you Steve at Screamline.
My replacment copy came in yesterday so i watched over a late supper.

Great stuff i agree! As i said before i am a self trained make up artist and a DVD such as this is more valuable to me than my make up kit itself.

Funny all my crew bought Dental Distortions this year at TW but i didn't, wait until they see me show up with a set in my mouth, there going to be thinking what the heck?

Heres the kicker, i could have bought a set of teeth from DD for 20 bucks or the Make up video for the same price, but this way i still get my teeth that i make,yet i still have two hours more of make up footage that my crew dosen't.
It's great being older and wiser!

I could call a make up meeting and charge them all a dollar a head,show the DVD and pay for it as well, now that would really be thinking

bodybagging
03-10-2007, 05:18 AM
Thanx Clusterone, We appreciate it, BUT in REALITY it doesnt matter where you guys get the DVD , just get it ,because anyone serious about doing some awesome makeup at their haunt will learn some great stuff from this DVD!

screamlinestudios
03-10-2007, 10:20 AM
Kevin,

Glad to hear you got your replacement and it worked out.

I only had to twist Geoff Becks arm just slighty, well enough that he could grab his opposing ear from behind his back, to get him to relinquish a DVD to replace the defective one, but it was worth it.

Of course I am only kidding and he gladly gave one up for me to send out.

Don't forget to get your Plasti-Pal from good old Screamline Studios should you need some to make them teeth.

Take care,

MMManiac
03-10-2007, 11:19 AM
So, stupid me totally forgot to purchase my copy of the DVD while at transworld. Who has some left to sell??

Thanks!

Sean

Frighteners Entertainment
03-10-2007, 11:25 AM
I just got off the phone with Rob at BodyBags Ent., he has a few left.

MMManiac
03-10-2007, 11:37 AM
thanks!

Sean

Raycliff Manor
03-10-2007, 11:42 AM
We were able to watch the DVD the other night. Man, this thing is worth its' weight in gold! What a deal! I've never seen a DVD contain so much solid information before. If I'm correct, I believe it took us over three hours to watch the entire DVD! This is a MUST HAVE for any haunter's library. This is definitely a resource that we'll refer to over and over again. Thanks to everyone involved in this DVD Project! You've raised the bar on value for the price way high!!!

Kel

maverick005
03-13-2007, 07:29 PM
hey guys...i talked to geoff tonight...he is mighty thankful for all of your support...he is smiling from ear to ear to hear all the compliments...he really has worked hard and it is awesome to see that the hard work is appreciated...so here is a small quote from the man himself
"just based on three of the quotes from this thread they are exactly what my goal was when i made this DVD -- to have people express vocally how it effected them emotionally, and it sounds like they are going to have the makeup staff utilize this info artistically for character creation"
and the long winded SOB goes on to say, "every DVD that i make from here on out will be vast and immense with its scope, quality, and quantity regardless of the topic because as mentioned earlier in this thread i want to be the guy who raises the bar and gives true value to the hard working individuals within the haunted attraction industry that have creative vision and the work ethic that allows them to accomplish their goals"
and now that i have the fingerprints worn off my fingers from typing his message, i will end it...gotta go soak the fingers in a bowl of water and epson salts....geez....lol

todd poole
as quoting for geoff beck from shutter production (well in parts i slightly paraphrased...lol)

geoffgbeck
03-14-2007, 01:44 AM
I appreciate Todd typing some of my initial thoughts (standing behind him in the Screamline Studios office) in response to the great comments posted by some of the nice and thoughtful haunters out there. Every word means so much to me as I have been editing this DVD very heavily for the past four months (the first out of thirteen makeups was shot back in december 2005). So it appears that the effort is appreciated and from the bottom of my heart I thank you. I want to mention that work on the next DVD HAUNTING MAKEUP VOLUME TWO should begin around July of this year and I am interested in having new and different makeup artists to join some of the previous ones from the first DVD to take part in creating some exciting makeups. If you are interested in participating as a makeup artist please email me at geoffgbeck@yahoo.com. telling me a little about yourself and your experience, and I may contact you by phone or email and talk with you further about potential makeup ideas for the next DVD. I want to take a momment and thank the following makeup artists who participated in making HAUNTING MAKEUP VOLUME ONE a reality: Roger Miller, Josh Monroe, Todd Poole, Tawny Miller, Jeff Glatzer, David H. Greathouse, Rob Johnson, Scott Sliger, and Jason Blaszczak. Also, I want to give a shout out to the patient and willing models who sat (mostly still) in "the Chair" allowing the makeup artists to have their way with them (artistically): Brittany Student, Rex B. Hamilton, Kelly Miller, Scott Jenkins, Brandy Mason, Beth Biasella, and John Pascarella. I want to give a huge shout out to Virgil Franklin who provided 80% of the music (and variety) for the background in the makeup seminars. One more shout for Scott Broad for his marketing suggestions and the Wolfe Brothers for their professional influence and their appreciation of my contribution to the art of makeup. I look forward to working on the next makeup DVD and I appreciate any suggestions anyone might have.

Thanks,
Geoff Beck

Ps. Does anyone have any thoughts or opinions of the idea of the Wolfe Brothers and myself teaming up to create a Wolfe Brothers makeup DVD?
:o

bodybagging
03-14-2007, 03:58 AM
Geoff, I personally think a wolfe brothers how-to would be Awesome, They do awesome jobs and are very Entertaining!!!!

Jonathan
03-14-2007, 07:59 AM
I have to second that. A wolfe brosthers how to would be a great addition to the DVD how to library.

Keep up the good work Geoff and keep us learning.

crazybob turner
03-15-2007, 10:28 AM
Greetings Geoff,
Why do I feel that anything you tackle will be a great thing for our industry. With that said, it was a pleasure working with you in your first DVD called "Playing with Fear". It has been a wonderful tool with all our staff and I know they are looking forward to your coming again this year to further developing their acting and makeup program for our 18th year of haunting. YES,YES,YES by all means get started on the next Beck project and to all other haunter's here is a strong recommendation to purchase the makeup Vol 1 immediately if you have not done so already.

From a Haunt Owner who still gets into make up every single night the haunt is open currently for 18 years straight - and refuses to let any of his staff wear mask!
Crazy Bob Turner - Haunted Hydro Dark Attraction Park Fremont, Ohio

screamlinestudios
03-15-2007, 02:07 PM
I want to take a momment and thank the following makeup artists who participated in making HAUNTING MAKEUP VOLUME ONE a reality: Roger Miller, Josh Monroe, Todd Poole, Tawny Miller, Jeff Glatzer, David H. Greathouse, Rob Johnson, Scott Sliger, and Jason Blaszczak. Also, I want to give a shout out to the patient and willing models who sat (mostly still) in "the Chair" allowing the makeup artists to have their way with them (artistically): Brittany Student, Rex B. Hamilton, Kelly Miller, Scott Jenkins, Brandy Mason, Beth Biasella, and John Pascarella. I want to give a huge shout out to Virgil Franklin who provided 80% of the music (and variety) for the background in the makeup seminars. One more shout for Scott Broad for his marketing suggestions and the Wolfe Brothers for their professional influence and their appreciation of my contribution to the art of makeup.

Well that was nice of you Geoff to thank EVERYBODY.

:D

bodybagging
03-15-2007, 02:24 PM
Im just curious, who is this Rob Johnson I keep hearing about? LOL

geoffgbeck
03-20-2007, 11:57 PM
:D I Just wanted to mention that I just got off the phone with Jason Blaszczak from Screamline Studios, and as a way to celebrate the success of the new DVD HAUNTING MAKEUP VOLUME ONE we have an exciting offer! Buy two DVDs and get a third for free! It is signed by the director and by Jason Blaszczak--the makeup artist who did the demon on the cover and who also did a demonstration on how to detail costuming. So at $19.95 each, you get three DVDs for $39.90, plus shipping. This offer is only for orders taken at the website www.screamlinestudios.com. No other carrier of this product will be offering this at this time, so take advantage of this while supplies last!