PDA

View Full Version : Newest wolfman (bloody)

Allen H
02-14-2010, 10:36 PM
Im not going to post every mask I make that would not be right, but this one turned out pretty sick! the blood looks a bit bright in the pics but great in person.
http://i648.photobucket.com/albums/uu201/stiltbeast/Silicone%20masks/bloodywolfman4.jpg
http://i648.photobucket.com/albums/uu201/stiltbeast/Silicone%20masks/bloodywolfman1.jpg
http://i648.photobucket.com/albums/uu201/stiltbeast/Silicone%20masks/bloodywolfman2.jpg

cheeseboy33
02-14-2010, 10:47 PM
Very nice Allan!!! how long do your wolf man masks take you to make?

Allen H
02-14-2010, 11:26 PM
About a days work normally spread over two days. prepping, pouring, pulling, hairing, and painting.
I have between 8 and 15 hours in each one. That is not counting sculpting time or mold making. but those times only apply to the first one.

Jim Warfield
02-14-2010, 11:55 PM
That is one dam good looking mask!
Scary hair,scary cheek bones, scary eye sockets, scary eyes.
To me it sort has a few gargoyle tendencies, which is good, maybe he could rest sitting on some cathedrals roof to take a break.
Very nice!

FablesStudios
02-15-2010, 11:20 AM
looks great!!

FX Man
02-15-2010, 04:52 PM
I like the mask. Did you have alot of problems with undercuts? It looks like there might be a few with the detail you did on it. Like I said GREAT JOB. Joel (FX man)

Allen H
02-15-2010, 05:35 PM
Thanks,
No I didnt, with silicone its pretty flexible so they really are not an issue.

Phil Miller
02-15-2010, 08:28 PM
I just got my wolfman mask the other day and it looks awesome! I didn't get the blood but after seeing it with, I'm going to add some. well worth the money Allen. Thanks

Allen H
02-15-2010, 09:53 PM
This one is actually for sale now, I thought it would not be but the buyer wanted a custom instead.
So check my site for details if you are interested.
Allen H

FablesStudios
02-16-2010, 11:39 AM
Will you keep updating your site with new masks as they come around so I know to keep checking it. they do look great..

Allen H
02-16-2010, 12:49 PM
Yes I have a list that gets first crack at them 24hrs before I post them on my website or a message board. If you want to be on that list just email or PM me.
Allen H

snowfreak666
02-16-2010, 06:24 PM
I love the mask! But I think you should go with a darker more crimson blood. I feel like the mask is such great work :) I love it! But the blood almost looks like ketchup sorry but that was my first impression and it took my focus away from the awesomeness that it really is! Just wanted you to have a full honest opinion but other then that it is sooooooo coool! You have great detail and all its so cool! Hope to see more!!!

Allen H
02-16-2010, 06:47 PM
Yeah the pic makes the blood look lighter, it is darker. I felt it was wrong to do anything in photoshop but resize.

scarygoat
02-16-2010, 08:35 PM
Great job Allen. I love the paint job!

Gore Galore
02-17-2010, 12:57 PM
Allen,

Nice work, but I would really like to see you use taxidermy eyes and teeth in your pictures. I think it would sell the mask a little better. Plus soften your flash so it doesn't wash the mask out. Just reflect your flash up rather than shoot directly on the mask.

Allen H
02-17-2010, 04:10 PM
Kevin,
I know that eyes and teeth would make the picture look better, but I think that might give the impression of it being a prop instead of a mask. It doesnt come with eyes or teeth (hopefully the actor already has those) so I worry about the impression of having them in the pic.
I am making a bust just for pictures, so I may add eyes into that bust and just add the disclaimer. I had not thought of that and its a great idea. I will have to change alot of things if I ever get serious about this.
The pic was taken with a low light lens in a normal brightness room. Its a good camera so I just need to get the lights right. I will definitely have to get better pics next time. The colors were pretty different looking than the mask is I hadnt attributed it to "washing out" but I bet your right.
Thanks,
Allen H

Gore Galore
02-18-2010, 07:58 AM
Allen,
Not trying to complicate your life, Just trying to help.
It would help drop the shine on the silicone too.
Or take some really tight shots with someone wearing it, with contacts and teeth, in a dramatic way with your camera at different angles, from above, side shots, not just profiles. It will help make it more dramatic. ANGLES!
It is all about presentation...... isn't it?