PDA

View Full Version : I got a sponsor...sort of, I guess.

SomeThingInTheIce
07-26-2006, 06:44 PM
As you know I have a home haunt but we want to go pro, my brother is in charge of all the media, website, flyers, recruitment, press release. Yes we are going to do a press release even though we are a home haunt. Anyway my brother calls me and tells that we do not have to make road signs. He has gotten Coca Cola to make us 9 road signs. At the top of the signs it will say Coca Cola and then under that Farmers Cemetery and then it will go on with haunted trail and the dates and times and then our web address. How awsome is that, man this is going to be great!

Raycliff Manor
07-26-2006, 08:02 PM
Congrats! Any time you can get a sponsorship, it's a major victory! What a great way to grow your relationship with your area Coca Cola rep while growing your haunt! :wink:

Kel

Accipiter
07-26-2006, 08:13 PM
I took a look at your site. Great haunt, but what state is it in?

Jim Warfield
07-26-2006, 08:37 PM
...with the heavy Civil War tie in, I don't think they are in North Dakota.
(but I could be wrong)

Chris
07-26-2006, 11:29 PM
Congratulations!

SomeThingInTheIce
07-27-2006, 03:22 AM
Melrose, Florida...just west of Gainesvile, home of the Gators

goregator
07-27-2006, 07:24 AM
Melrose, Florida...just west of Gainesvile, home of the Gators

YEAHHHHH BROTHER!!!!!! GOOOOO GATORS!!!!! HUGE FELLOW GATOR HERE FROM ORLANDO,FL!!!!! WE ARE THE BOYS OF OLD FLORIDA,DOWN WHERE THE OLE GATORS PLAY............

Jonathan
07-27-2006, 07:38 AM
Congrats. Getting sponsorships is sometimes difficult for a haunt...so congrats.

Jim Warfield
07-27-2006, 08:14 AM
When the Civil War ended my Great-great-grandfather was in north-Florida, then he began his long walk back home to Mount Carroll, Illinois
(The northwest corner of Illinois)

goregator
07-27-2006, 10:11 AM
Talk about God's country-North to Central Florida IS God's country!

SpFXChic
07-27-2006, 10:32 AM
Congratulations, that's wonderful!

SomeThingInTheIce
09-15-2006, 06:53 PM
Ugh, something happened with coke and they would not make the signs. I think someone spoke up before they asked the higher ups. Pepsi steped in to fill the gap and today I got two banners and four large signs. :cry: Well, the signs will be great once I get them fixed, I plan on using the sign board and having a sign shop letter it like they do my truck. All the sign said was "Farmers Cemetery Trail" the letters are not even and on one of the signs the letter A is coming off. :shock: I will never drink soda again!

Xeverity
09-20-2006, 07:09 AM
Jeepers! Yeah difficult to look a gift horse in the mouth. Do the uneven letters have a slightly sinister look?

SomeThingInTheIce
09-20-2006, 08:31 PM
No, they are peel and stick and it just looks bad. I think the same thing happened with pepsi, that happened with coke. My brother deals with both of them and the vendors just wanted to make good with him. On a nice note because I brought in the sign board I did not have to pay as much for them. I'll post a photo of them when I pick them up Friday. Your right about looking a gift horse in the mouth but, on them same note saying you will do something just to make points with a manager that buys your merchandise before you even know if you will be allowed is wrong. They should have told him that they would ask if it could be done.

Jim Warfield
09-20-2006, 10:33 PM
I dunno?
Kinda reminds me of a local woman and her husband who worked building their big house for about a dozen years, finally some relatives came over to help, Uncle Fuddmeir did his part , he hung the hallway wall paper...
upside down!
"Help" or "Free"?
What are they worth if it's resulting in a crappy outcome?
I know, "It's the thought that counts", but maybe if someone would have been taking the time to really think, they would not have created an inferior product or bad results?

thehauntedhollows
09-27-2006, 07:50 AM
hi,
how do you get pepsi or coke to sponsor you, to make a sign? I have tried calling but it never seems as if you are talking to the right person. I would need a sign by the 20th of october. Please tell me how to get them to help. Thanks,

Ben
Haunted Hollows

Mutant Space Gerbil
09-27-2006, 06:48 PM
Its not easy. I deal in buying thousands of cases of product every year from them. In their defense this was the first time that either company has let me down. One route you could take is if this a for profit haunt is to let them know that you will be selling concessions and that you will be selling there product so you would appreciate the advertising. These companies spend 100s of millions on advertising so they like to get their name out there.

Beer companies are also another route and there sign making abilites are amazing. They can put graphics and color.

When you call which ever company ask to speak to the district sales manager for whatever area you are in. Go to the closet supermarket to your haunt and ask to speak to the manager. He most likely will be able to provide you with the name and possibly a direct contact number. :wink: