PDA

View Full Version : death/retiring actors

hauntedghost
02-21-2010, 09:16 AM
this mite hit some of you hard or in a weird way but it's something that i have not see on here or heard of....

do you have anything as far as one of your actors if they passes away or if that actor retires??

I have had 2 actors that have died in years past. NOT at the haunt itself but during the halloween season. we had nothing to put up for them in there honor.

now here is the thing what about if one of your long time actors is retiring?? if the actor has been there more than 10-15 years or more. what do you do??

Just needed to know, so that way if this comes up in my life as a actor/owner, I would be prepared for it.

HELLRAZZORS
02-21-2010, 09:24 AM
at least take him out for a night on the town....dinner....whatever else u could come up with....

Jim Warfield
02-21-2010, 02:02 PM
Have a funeral, bury them.
Taxidermy is complicated and expensive on the human body.
Let them go "home".
I have had several die, they were already old and in bad shape when they started here.

graystone
02-21-2010, 06:32 PM
Use them as props? Shane and its that's what I would do! Shane this time.

BruiseMuse
02-21-2010, 06:53 PM
We have a memorial wall in our cast room for those that have past away. We frame a photo of their most well known character and put a plaque with their name and date of birth and death.

Jim Warfield
02-21-2010, 11:28 PM
You should have pictures of your current actors in make up and display them for the customers and tell everyone they are dead, Then they see them in the house!!
Surprising how goofy and subtle things can work on certain people too.

hauntedghost
02-22-2010, 07:53 AM
i like what BruiseMuse said about this post.. i think it's cool that you have that.

BruiseMuse
02-22-2010, 12:56 PM
I think it is a nice gesture, and a cool way for their characters to "live on." We're lucky, we've only had a small handful of actors pass away in twenty years, but it is always a sad loss.