PDA

View Full Version : A Solution to a Trade Show Problem - Debuting at TransWorld

Fear Unfathomed
02-23-2010, 05:49 PM
For those of us that are Christians, when "convention season" rolls around, we aren't able to go to church as much as we would like since most trade shows last until Sunday. Therefore, I am proposing to solve this issue by offering a casual non-denominational Christian church service on Sunday morning at TransWorld 2010 before the show floor opens. It will be held in one of the meeting rooms at the convention center. Starting at 8:45am and ending at 9:15am, it only lasts 30 minutes and if you are a vendor, it will be over with enough time to get back to your booth before the show starts for the day (9:30am). This is open to anyone and everyone who wishes to attend. It will be casual and nothing formal. I am offering this opportunity for those that would like to attend some sort of church service while at a convention, such as TransWorld.
Please let me know if you are interested, so that I may choose the proper size room based on expected attendance.

Thanks!

P.S. If you would like to help out with this, send me a PM. Thanks!

graystone
02-23-2010, 06:27 PM
I think this is a great idea! Shane and its I will be there! Shane this time!

damon carson
02-23-2010, 06:37 PM
Can we come in costume? I know someones gonna want to come as a devil. LOL!
Damon

SpookywoodsFX.com
02-23-2010, 09:39 PM
I don't think anyone here is that low class.

Can we come in costume? I know someones gonna want to come as a devil. LOL!
Damon

ScreamParkBarnibus
02-23-2010, 11:45 PM
Count me in. It will probably just be myself.

hauntatorium
02-24-2010, 06:39 AM
I will be attending! Will communion be offered as well?

Russell

kpolley
02-24-2010, 06:44 AM
I'll be there. ;)

As far as dress...come however you want. And...if you feel you must come as the devil...I'm sure nobody would say anything. This is a service for haunters by haunters. We understand costumes and black tshirts and make-up and what not. Probably just best if you wear SOMETHING!

And yes, there will be communion.

Umby
02-24-2010, 07:15 AM
We'll be leaving before Sunday but props to you for doing this! :cool:

kpolley
02-27-2010, 07:27 AM
Just a friendly bump for anyone who missed this...

damon carson
02-28-2010, 02:13 AM
So glad to hear your not seperating church from haunt. Or whatever you want to call it. Personally I wouldnt dress as a devil. Im not into devils all that much. But I would probably dress up. Sorry Spookywoods. If Im there Im going as something evil. Its all in good fun.
Damon

Jim Warfield
02-28-2010, 08:23 AM
Why change your normal look and attire?
I hear the "Little Bo-Peep" look is coming back soon, Go for it!
I know, "Too Scary"!

spookhaven
02-28-2010, 09:22 AM
This is a cool idea, I was very surprised that this past week we had our PA seminiar to renew our license and they had a great pastor there as a speak and he even said a prayer at the end. A bit refreshing that church and state are still OK in PA and will be welcomed in St Louis.

damon carson
02-28-2010, 10:08 AM
Jim I will wear the sexy little bo peep. If you wear the sexy little red riding hood. lol!
Damon

SpookywoodsFX.com
02-28-2010, 01:52 PM
You guys remember that "drunk" comment, made to the media, by one of the guys from ScareFactory, I believe it was. How could you forget? Allot of people made their opinion known on that subject and it wasn't positive. Imagine the media setting up at TW and hearing about the Sunday morning church service. It would shine a nice light on the haunt industry.... Until Satan walks in. With everything the "associations" are doing to shed a new and different light on Haunted Attractions, that would be a big PR step backwards. Really not a great representation of who we are as a whole. How is it "in good fun" for you to dress as "something evil" for a Sunday morning church service? It's pointless. I don't see anything fun or funny about it. It's one thing for those that dress up each year for the show or to have to be in costume to represent a product with no time get ready AND make it to the service, by all means come in costume. But, to dress as "something evil" for the sole purpose of wearing it to a church service? Haunter or not I guess I just don't get the joke?? Tell me the funny part so I can get a laugh as well. No need to say "sorry" to me damon, if you feel that you need to do it, go for it..

Sorry Spookywoods. If Im there Im going as something evil. Its all in good fun.
Damon

damon carson
03-02-2010, 10:03 AM
How bout I wear one of your alls costumes. Anyone seeing a mummy or half rotten skeleton could say or would say its evil. You dont have to dress as Satan to be labeled that.! Nah really Im not sorry about anything. I have done haunted houses for years and never used anything Satanic much less gory. I personally dont like it in my haunts. But you let one holy roller even get near the place or hear of it open and oh its the Devil. And Halloween is evil. All Im saying if they have the church service it really shouldnt be at Transworld. And if they do then you should be able to wear whatever you want as if you were attending the show. I really dont think the people putting this on would frown on it. And dont really think cameras and the media will be brought into this. Unless you bring them! And if they do have me in one of your costumes that way you get some free advertising since you wont make it to the biggest show of the year.
I would say that guy from Scarefactory wasnt well versed and shouldnt have been talking to the media point blank. He was probably just speaking the truth and didnt even think twice about he said. He paid the price. Dont even compare this to that.
Thanks,
Damon

Jim Warfield
03-02-2010, 11:00 AM
But the editing can sure make anyone look like an idiot.
Not that this was the case in the aforementioned situation, but just be warned they need something "interesting" or contoverial to get an audience. No audience? Then they have just wasted their time.

Matt Marich
03-03-2010, 07:54 AM
For us, it's Palm Sunday, already a sacred day.

Matt and Ann Marich

SpookywoodsFX.com
03-04-2010, 06:45 PM
If you feel the need to dress as something evil for a church service just for the sake of doing it or just think it's a really funny thing to do, go for it. I hope you have fun doing it and like Kip said, we are all haunters so I'm sure everyone that attends will just laugh their a$$es off at how funny it is. I think it's super cool. Should be great.

How bout I wear one of your alls costumes. Anyone seeing a mummy or half rotten skeleton could say or would say its evil. You dont have to dress as Satan to be labeled that.! Nah really Im not sorry about anything. I have done haunted houses for years and never used anything Satanic much less gory. I personally dont like it in my haunts. But you let one holy roller even get near the place or hear of it open and oh its the Devil. And Halloween is evil. All Im saying if they have the church service it really shouldnt be at Transworld. And if they do then you should be able to wear whatever you want as if you were attending the show. I really dont think the people putting this on would frown on it. And dont really think cameras and the media will be brought into this. Unless you bring them! And if they do have me in one of your costumes that way you get some free advertising since you wont make it to the biggest show of the year.
I would say that guy from Scarefactory wasnt well versed and shouldnt have been talking to the media point blank. He was probably just speaking the truth and didnt even think twice about he said. He paid the price. Dont even compare this to that.
Thanks,
Damon

damon carson
03-04-2010, 07:23 PM
So your saying its okay to wear one of your costumes.? LOL! This thread has really gone far enough dont you think?!
Thanks,
Damon

screamline studios
03-04-2010, 08:54 PM
What the hell!!!! Am i reading this in a drunken haze?? I admire what you want to do Fear... but are you trying to make yourself feel better about your past or what!!! Just because you may not make it to church does not make you a bad person!!! its about every day of your life doing and living the right thing that make a difference..

Just some random dude

Jason Blaszczak

http://screamlinestudios.com

P.S Its OK to spend one weekend away and live your dark side.

SpookywoodsFX.com
03-04-2010, 09:32 PM
Seriously, lol, you're as bad as Larry. Go back and read what I said and tell me where I mentioned our costumes. Or did you miss the sarcasm?
It's that particular mentality that gives this industry the bad rep that the 'associations' are striving so hard to change.
Like I said, wear what you want, what you do has absolutely no effect on me as an individual. If they're letting a younger crowd in this year I'm sure you'll be the hero.
Again, if you must dress for the show, by all means, do it. I'm just looking for ONE solid reason why you would dress out simply to go to a church service? Anyone?

Jason, I think it's a good idea. For certain people, not all. But I see your point.

So your saying its okay to wear one of your costumes.? LOL! This thread has really gone far enough dont you think?!
Thanks,
Damon

On second thought, you're right, it has gone far enough. I'm done. Have fun. Post pictures.

Fear Unfathomed
03-08-2010, 11:55 PM
Jason,
I am doing this because I realized I have the resources and I was aware that some people wanted this. Clearly, some people do and I'm just putting it all together. I don't always make it to church - sometimes my schedule demands me to be elsewhere, but since I live in St. Louis, I figured I could offer this easily.
I hope that clears it up a bit. Let me know if you have anymore questions.
-Lauren

Fear Unfathomed
03-16-2010, 10:41 PM
In case anyone missed this the first time around... just fyi.

ScreamParkBarnibus
03-17-2010, 12:44 AM
It seems as if we've missed the point to this thread guys! Fear, what is the info on this service?

P.S. Good Job for putting this on.

~Matt~

Fear Unfathomed
03-17-2010, 07:14 AM
Hey!
Well the service is going to be short and to the point - only lasting 30 minutes (8:45 - 9:15am). It's non-denominational, completely casual. There will be a message, communion, and a couple songs. I'll get location details today or tomorrow.
Thanks for the support!

Fear Unfathomed
03-18-2010, 05:04 PM
Unless anything changes, the church service will be held in room 101 at the Ren Grand on Sunday morning.
See you there!
Lauren

ScreamParkBarnibus
03-18-2010, 07:19 PM
Awesome I can't wait!

Fear Unfathomed
03-28-2010, 06:33 AM
Just reminding anyone who wishes to attend that the church service is in the CONVENTION CENTER (not the Ren Grand as I posted earlier) and it is in one of the SEMINAR ROOMS. Signs will be posted.
Thanks!