PDA

View Full Version : Hauntcon??

HouseOfHorrors
03-01-2010, 12:05 PM
Does anyone know if this is still happening? it's next month and there's no info on seminars, vendors, or anything! Was gonna got to either Hauntcon or National Haunters Convention, but with no info Hauntcon is not looking to good! Anyone know what the deal is?

-Tim

SomeThingInTheIce
03-01-2010, 12:15 PM
I have no idea, the haunt I worked at last year was going to be on the tour or at lest they were taking about it. The web site is a mess, logos right over banner ads, whats up with that? I think this could be the nail in the coffin for Haunt Con.

OdetteDespairr
03-01-2010, 01:09 PM
Yes could we please have an update on this, iv already requested it off and started booking reservations and stuff, if Hauntcon is cancelling then apparantly im just spending a week in Florida. There is NOTHING on the website and im getting really nervous about it.

Jackie

BruiseMuse
03-01-2010, 01:19 PM
Leonard posted on 2/25 that the show is going on (http://hauntcon.com/show-floor/tradeshow-exhibitors-2010/).

It just seems that they are incredibly unorganized :(

TheMonsterMaze
03-01-2010, 05:39 PM
Our new mantra:
Try the National Haunters Convention !
Because, hey, at least we update our website! :-)

(said slightly tongue in cheek with no malice at all.)

SomeThingInTheIce
03-01-2010, 06:22 PM
A week in Florida is not so bad, theme parks, the beach, St Aug. ect.

Yes could we please have an update on this, iv already requested it off and started booking reservations and stuff, if Hauntcon is cancelling then apparantly im just spending a week in Florida. There is NOTHING on the website and im getting really nervous about it.

Jackie

graystone
03-02-2010, 09:14 PM
Had drinks with him tonight ( He had beer I had my diet coke:) ) Anyway he said if there are any questions to give him a call or email. Shane and its that's coming from the horses mouth! Shane this time.

HouseOfHorrors
03-02-2010, 09:37 PM
Thanks Shane! Yeah it kinda sucks cause I went to National Haunters Convention AND hauntcon last year and had a great time at both! I go to orlando several times a year, so I guess Going to hauntcon is really going to depend on what kind of seminars, tours, etc they are going to offer. I really hope they get all the info up asap cause its next month and people need to make arrangements! It's the week before my auction as well so I've got alot of work to do!!! It really sucks they are on the same dates cause I would love to go to both again this year!!!

-Tim

Rich Hanf
03-03-2010, 09:54 AM
The answer is simple. If it is between the two, Go to Natl Haunters. Go check out their site. It kicks butt. All kinds of info about the show floor, tons of great info regarding the seminars with how to's, make & takes, legals, seminars from fire inspectors, getting in and staying in the biz, scares, atmosphere, design...plus on going shows like the Medieval Weapons of War show, the Oddatorium etc plus great night time events. If for no other reason you should go because these guys obviously have it so together. No guess work here. Why gamble when your business, education, plus a great time is guaranteed?

sophisticatedterror
03-03-2010, 10:42 AM
and you continue to bash why? This helps nothing...All your asking for is more drama...I guess if thats what you want...More power to ya

Rich Hanf
03-03-2010, 02:34 PM
So I'm not allowed to have an opinion? Other people here can't even tell if hauntcon is a go as it seems to be so unorganized with no updates. That's not on me. I just pointed them to a show that seemingly has it tremendously together with tons of info on any question you could have and that's bashing? I never even mentioned Hauntcon by name. It's like the old saying...if it's true it's not bragging. Well...If it's true it's not bashing. These two guys have worked very hard behind the scenes to put their best foot forward in every way. They are a class act and deserve it if someone recognizes them for it. You have a problem with that? RH