PDA

View Full Version : Shane... What is this all about give us the details!

drfrightner
03-04-2010, 10:37 PM
http://www.timesdaily.com/article/20100304/articles/3045010&tc=yahoo

Shane are you opening a new haunted house??? Larry

screamline studios
03-04-2010, 10:39 PM
You son of a bitch!!! how could you blow shane's vision????

Jason

graystone
03-05-2010, 01:01 AM
First I want to say THANKS Ben, Paul, Jason for keeping this quiet something the media could not do. Me and Larry had a good talk in the middle of the night tonight (ha) and he offered to this to keep it on the down low and quiet till I was ready and we both agree hell its out now so why not go with it! Again Thanks Guys.

Now yes its true my heart and vision was taking me away from the Manor and into a new direction. NO I AM NOT GOING ANY WHERE! Like the articale reads I don't want to release a location yet as its all still being worked out by the lawyers. I will be in Huntsville Alabama its a bigger market and I have had so much support from the city I just could not pass this up. Right now Brainstorm is working on new logos, Rogues will work on the website and so on. I will say the haunt will be called "DISTURBIA" so expect to see all things disturbing. At this point till everything is finished I will wait and give you all the good details soon.

Guys I really do THANK YOU for your support it means alot to me. My vendors ( some who I call my friends ) will be working with me to help me fulfill my vision on this haunt. At some point I am sure Graystone Manor will rise from the grave but as for now RIP Graystone Manor.

I wish Vinny the best of luck with his haunt and am sure it will continue to be a success. Its been a fun ride with lots of laughs and many nights of fun!

Now with that out of the way I will have Graystone Manor the DVD at the Party or you can pick it up at the show from Lauren for $15.00 so now will be the last chance to see the Manor in all its glory or you can email me and I will ship you one. Hell might as well throw that ad in now that the cat is out of the bag! Shane and its stay tuned there is more to come soon! Shane this time.

Jim Warfield
03-05-2010, 05:38 AM
In the article I read, that is so good,since so much "News" is slanted to be negatively sensationalised, which gets very old.....
You know that old, "Is the pot half empty or half full..and who was supposed to have last cleaned the pot?
What's that smell?
Good Luck Mr. Dabbs.
Sounds like fun.

graystone
03-05-2010, 06:44 AM
Thanks Jim! Shane and its I agree! Shane this time.

Darkangel
03-05-2010, 07:21 AM
Shane,

Good luck to you!

But, isn't Disturbia the name of a movie or song or something? I'm sure you checked into all that already, I was just concerned since this is a huge project for you.

DA

graystone
03-05-2010, 07:24 AM
Yes it was a song (and its kind of where I am got/getting my insperation from) as well as a movie. I have it in the works to Trademark it as a Haunted Attraction. So I am all cool and good to go. Shane and its I got my bases covered! Shane this time.

Darkangel
03-05-2010, 07:44 AM
Problem solved!

DA

chuck weber
03-05-2010, 07:48 AM
a "Happy Halloween !" Shane all the time !!!!!!

Nightmare_Trance
03-05-2010, 08:09 AM
Best of luck to you Shane.

I think you'll do great!

graystone
03-05-2010, 08:20 AM
Again thanks for the support and thoughts! It really makes me feel good to know all of you guys have me in your thoughts. Shane and its I really appreciate it! Shane this time.

Twin Locusts
03-05-2010, 08:25 AM
Disturbia is also a movie, not a bad movie; Spielberg was sued over copyright infringment of the premise of the movie and a hitchcock work. Not that it'll matter as the scope of marketing a haunt won't harm the rights to a fictional work. If Disney did it they'd likely have to discuss it with Viacom, which would be an inhouse deal considering shared ownership.

Raycliff Manor
03-05-2010, 09:30 AM
Awesome new Shane! It always fires me up when I see or hear people stepping out like this! Enjoy the incredible journey and incredible success to you Shane!

Kel

graystone
03-05-2010, 10:24 AM
If I did not feel loved by now I want ever! LOL THANKS and I will answer all emails soon. Let me say this me and Larry talked last night and I asked him his opinion if he thought I had finally lost it. He said " well if its not broke I would not fix it" there is not one bone in my body that would disagree with that statement.

HOWEVER money is a good thing but not everything when it comes to me and I can say this, God has blessed me in so many ways . This is about a creative outlet and expressing myself into creating a whole new world for people to enjoy. Ben said I was truly Insane and I do agree with him on that HA HA. Ben I bet it feels good to call me crazy and not have me go off on you HA! But all jokes aside its something I just felt in my heart was the right thing to do. Let me say this to you new guys out there NEVER make it about the money make it about the fun and expressing yourself and following what your heart tells you to do. If you can do that everything else will fall into place! Shane and its I am listing to my Heart! Shane this time!

sophisticatedterror
03-05-2010, 10:42 AM
Very VERY exciting! We def need to chat! :)

SomeThingInTheIce
03-05-2010, 11:07 AM
Wow, that's awesome Shane! Good luck with the new haunt!

Haunts of Richmond
03-05-2010, 11:57 AM
Congrats, Shane. Good luck on your new haunt. I'm sure it's pretty exciting to start fresh! Hopefully I can come check this out sometime.

Ryan

BruiseMuse
03-05-2010, 01:53 PM
Congrats Shane! I'm sure the new haunt will be amazing.

damon carson
03-05-2010, 02:24 PM
Rihanna sings that Disturbia. God I hate that song! Good luck with the haunt anyway.
Damon

graystone
03-05-2010, 03:21 PM
Rihanna sings that Disturbia. God I hate that song! Good luck with the haunt anyway.
Damon

Think young brother!!!!! Watch the video I find the meaning do you?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IijQkeXl3nc

Shane and its! It will come to you! Shane this time!

drfrightner
03-05-2010, 04:02 PM
Shane I DEMAND... that when you start building your new event that you post start to finish photos right here just like we did. I want to follow your progress from start to finish! Its fun, educational and exciting to watch how things develop like a reality show only in pictures!!!!

The 'demand' part is a joke but I really hope you do I think that would be cool!

Good luck with your new venture and good luck to the new owner of the old but new Graystone.

Larry

The Doctor
03-05-2010, 04:08 PM
Correction on the new owner; Vinny was the other partner so not a "new" owner of Graystone just one partner has moved to Huntsville.

graystone
03-05-2010, 04:17 PM
Anyway Thanks Larry I know what you ment. And for the record I wish Vinny all the best. Graystone will return at some point as a up charge I paid way to much in trademarking not to use it again just for the record. It will be back in some way in the future just not now. Shane and its right to the point! Shane this time.

voodoo willy
03-05-2010, 07:26 PM
to ROCK!!!! Huntsville has needed something like this for a LONG, LONG time. I have been looking at opening one here for a couple of years but whith owning another business and not realy having the experience I have just been collecting knowledge and props before I jump in.

I welcome Shane with open arms and know it will be alot of work but the payoff will be GREAT !!! Shane if I can help in any way just call.

Ronnie

elowther
03-05-2010, 09:37 PM
That's awesome news Shane. When it is your passion it will always kick ass. It will be great to follow your own vision in a bigger market. Like Larry said we'll be waiting for the photos of the progress. Congrats and good luck with this exciting project.

Eric

N2SPOOKINU
03-05-2010, 10:00 PM
Shane, I wish you the best of luck on your new venture.
As you know, we had the opportunity to see Graystone in July this past summer and we cant say enough about the place. It was great!
I know the new place will be a hit as well.
I wish you and Vinny both great success in your hauntings and hope you both have a great season in 2010!

Greg
Fearfest

danglin
03-05-2010, 10:17 PM
Shane,
I am so very glad that we got to know you this year, and that you took the time to take us on the tours of your's and Vinnie's amazing haunt. And, I can't wait to
see what you do in Huntsville. Since you are opening your new haunt, and we are opening Folklore this year, maybe we can do some cross promoting. Especially since you will be about an hour closer to us now!

Enjoy the creativity of the new haunt, and don't let the drama get you down! We look forward to partying with you at Transworld.
Good luck , and see you in a few weeks my friend,

Dewayne

graystone
03-06-2010, 06:24 AM
Brett, Jim, Daniel, Robert, Ronnie, Chris, Kevin, Steve, Alex, Katie, THANKS GUYS for the emails I am glad you seen what that was about. Again thanks for the words of encouragement it really makes me feel good. I am excited about this project and your encouragement just lights a fire under me! The friends you make in this industry are not just friends their family. Shane and its I am truly honord to know all of you great people! Shane this time.

Tater
03-06-2010, 11:06 AM
Shane..seems like Im getting this in just under the buzzer. Good Luck with your new Haunt, Im sure it will bring shattered nightmares to the many in Huntsville. Keep your head on straight and dont let people mess with the vision you have of this Haunt!

Good Luck

Tater

Fright Theatre
03-06-2010, 11:10 AM
Shane,

This is exciting news!! Starting a new haunt is a huge undertaking but...........with a clean slate for you to work with, and your vision, this will be awesome! Now, get your cordless screwdriver out and get to work.........lol!

Steve

JamBam
03-06-2010, 12:20 PM
Don't want to know, don't care, not my business on the details other than to say from what the article said it appears that you are doing what me and my best friend did with a corn maze. We felt the friendship was worth more than the business.

I think renaming it and you creating a new haunt in another nearby market is the BEST way a dissolution of a partnership could happen.

Save me DVD for pickup in St Louis. Can I offer you several hundred thousand "chicken bucks" I have available? Or would you like American cash instead?

graystone
03-06-2010, 03:03 PM
Thanks that really means alot to me! Hey look at it this way I am getting alot of publicity on my new haunt and thats a good thing! Hey guys I sure hope the next thing that comes out will be I am not having a party! Shane and its I truly mean it! Shane this time.

Might as well make an ad here..... For tickets to the Insane TransWorld Party go to

http://www.graystonemanor.net enter site and follow link!

P.S. Maybe asking Larry to moderate this drama here was a bad thing. I seem to have wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy more support than negativity. Makes me feel good to know what people remember who I am and what I am about and stand for.

drfrightner
03-06-2010, 06:45 PM
Couple things... I started this thread because the article was fun, exciting and seemed like exciting news. Shane is a member of the haunt community just like any other and he's about to start a new venture.

I hope to follow his journey of building a new haunted house from scratch and wish him the best. As for Vinny the new owner of the old Graystone I wish him the best as well.

No one should be posting number of other haunts especially when you are NOT the owner. Secondly this wasn't started to be a slam session against a haunt owner.

Lets keep it above the rim. If someone say 'The Doc' wants to post updates and news about the new Graystone, errr the old one, lets hear all about it but no need to bring Shanes name into since he's no longer involved.

Larry

graystone
03-06-2010, 07:01 PM
Thanks man! I owe you one and respect what you did. I to wanted this to be positive from day one for me as well as Vinny. I fully intend this time around to make all of you apart of my new journey. Shane and its with the upmost respect! Shane this time.

poison
03-07-2010, 02:20 AM
This sounds like a great NEW FRESH beginning. And if anyone can do it... you can!
Best of luck Shane!!!!
Im sure you'll do just fine : )

graystone
03-07-2010, 07:09 AM
Words can't express the love and support you guys have shown me here through your post, calls, emails and text, its truly inspirational and inspiring to me. Its guys and gals like you that makes me glad to be apart of this family, this Industry truly is close and supportive. I am not for sure how I got to have so many friends here and in the Industry but I can say that it puts a warm feeling in my heart and a smile on my face as I am for sure one lucky guy. I was a little afraid people would look at me like hes got to be crazy ( which I really am lol) for making a move like this but I never realized that given the opportunity most would have done what I did, they would have actually did the very same thing! Again I can't say it enough THANK YOU, THANK YOU! Shane and its God Bless and I love each and everyone of you! Shane this time.

****Let me also let me say this about a few of the guys that's going to be helping Vinny I have the upmost respect for them, they are good guys David S, Chris, Mark I hold the upmost respect for you and will miss you I would have to say Mark the most I love to give him hell! he's a stand up guy not to say that David S, and Chris is not but I worked with Mark a little closer. The others will be helping me and they will continue to get their share of hell from me but they are all like my family Good Luck Guys!

Dreamreaper
03-07-2010, 09:19 AM
I'm with Larry on the pics. I cant wait to come here every day to see what Larry has posted for the Darkness. and it would be just as exciting to see yours of the new haunt. Best of luck to you.:)

robisc
03-07-2010, 10:18 AM
Graystone was and I'm sure still will be (though under new ownership and name) a top notch haunt in Alabama, unfortunately though some things shouldn't come up in a public forum like this one when this news broke. Shane is a great guy with a vision thus this shouldn't be a negative thread about him. Shane I along with a lot of other folks looks forward to what you've got in store for Disturbia, undoubtedly it's a big step for you but one that you should take if that's what you want to do because you are you! Huntsville will soon be back in the Haunt game, finally.

IF YOUR 555
03-07-2010, 03:21 PM
Shane, all of us know that you will put your heart into it like you did with the Manor, just wish you were coming down to the beach with it! lol, just got your message, I will call you . Good luck!!

spookhaven
03-07-2010, 06:34 PM
There is NOTHING that gets by Larry on the web that has to do with Halloween, haunts, or anything that can help us out. He is the king of "knows everything" (meant in a positive way) LOL.

I wish Shane and his new venture all the luck in the world. It's exciting to start something from scratch. I am certain the others will do wonderful with new and fresh ideas as well.

Moving forward shows great strength for the future both personally and professionally and looking over your shoulder sometimes gives you a new light to learn from the past.

Get pictures posted of the raw building and then progress from there.

Best of luck, hopefully we will met in St. Louis.

Mike Honcho
03-07-2010, 07:03 PM
congrats buddy can't wait to see the pics and what not I just may have to visit if i'm not too busy building my screampark lol

beardedbil
03-07-2010, 07:33 PM
Wow, what an awesome new venture. I am sure it will be a lot of hard work and stress but knowing your attention to detail and friendly nature I know you will make this attraction unbelivable for your customers!
Best Wishes my friend!
Bill

terrormasue
03-07-2010, 07:46 PM
My dear Shane, congratulations on your new venture! I am so excited for you but sad at the same time. I never made it out to Graystone Manor last year as planned. When your haunt is complete send the bus for me!! The name Graystone will live on here in East Texas, with the word "haunted" in the middle. Lol ! When I finally get open I will send the bus (Greyhound) for you....haha. Best of luck and I wish you a happy haunted future. See you soon!!

Sue

Fear Unfathomed
03-07-2010, 09:36 PM
Good luck, Shane! I am sure you have nothing but excitement and terror (the good kind) ahead of you!

Does this mean I have to get a new sweatshirt?? ;)

graystone
03-08-2010, 05:36 AM
I just can't put into words how you bunch of great people have made me feel! I am just at a loss. Shane and its THANKS FOR THE SUPPORT! Shane this time.

Slain
03-08-2010, 09:39 AM
No It's not Pee Wee's it's Shane's...
I wish you the best buddy!! If you need anything you know who to call..
Thanks for growing the haunts in Alabama. Maybe one day we can get some respect here in the deep south!!

Gore Galore
03-08-2010, 10:30 AM
Hey Shane,
Everyone here at Gore Galore wishes you the best.
You know we are here to help.
Keep your head up, and the ideas flyin.

SomeThingInTheIce
03-08-2010, 12:19 PM
The South will rise from the dead again.

No It's not Pee Wee's it's Shane's...
I wish you the best buddy!! If you need anything you know who to call..
Thanks for growing the haunts in Alabama. Maybe one day we can get some respect here in the deep south!!

graystone
03-08-2010, 05:14 PM
Paul (Atrox) its going to be an adventure for sure! Thanks for being my friend your friendship means the world to me! Larry thank you for starting this thread it's really given me the support I needed! Shane and its a very happy! Shane this time.

elowther
03-08-2010, 06:21 PM
I can't wait to see what Brainstorm comes up with for your new logo!

Keep us posted, this will be cool to follow your progress.

Eric

Speculo
03-09-2010, 09:11 AM
Don't worry Slain, I think the Alabama haunts AND the Southern Haunts in general have done a pretty good job at gaining respect of late. Anyone who has come down here has seen amazing things in the Deep South!

Shane good luck with Disturbia! I know the evil it will contain has been festering in your mind for some time. We all saw what you did with Graystone in a few short years, I am sure this will be absolutely insane!

BTW One of my nephews is in Huntsville, he has a taste for Haunting I will send him your way!

Thanks!

Barry
03-09-2010, 10:00 AM
Hmmmm. Columbus to Huntsville is 7 hours and 45 minutes. Maybe I will take a weekend and head South this fall! Good luck in the new venture Shane.

Ps. That drive works in reverse too... ;)

graystone
03-09-2010, 05:38 PM
Thanks and Barry your correct I hope to get up your way sometime as well! Ben tell your nephew I would love for him to come over and help us! Shane and its all the support you guys have shown has just been AMAZING! Shane this time!

robisc
03-09-2010, 05:50 PM
To all the followers of this thread I have to say I am excited for Huntsville and Shane, I talked to Shane today and he no doubt has a vision and the drive and will undoubtedly make it work and be successful in doing so. It's about time is all I can say that a quality haunt is finally making it here to Huntsvegas. For a city the size of Huntsville to not have anything like Atrox or the old GS has always shocked me. Now I'm just looking forward to the creation that is to be "Disturbia" and I'm not talking about the Rihanna song either.
Ty

kpolley
03-10-2010, 05:28 AM
Shane,

I'm really glad that we were able to make it down to see Graystone last year before you moved on. I loved it and I'm sure you will do an even better job with your new haunt. It's always about raising the bar and doing more and doing it better than before. I'm sure you won't disappoint. Best of luck, and if it's at all possible we'll come out again this year and check it out!

graystone
03-10-2010, 07:43 AM
At your continued outpourning of support. You know guys I was thinking today there is only 1 person who really knows ones thoughts, feelings and the truths deep down and that's God! I feel me and him are going to make this a great journey whenever and whereever it may be. Its people like you with your thoughts and kind words that makes me think Shane its going to be all right! With your love and continued support and God guiding me everything will fall into place. Shane and its I am so proud to call all of you family! Shane this time.

SomeThingInTheIce
03-10-2010, 01:30 PM
Shine since we are family can I borrow $50.00 bucks? lol. Just kidding buddy and again good luck I know it will be WICKED AWESOME!

At your continued outpourning of support. You know guys I was thinking today there is only 1 person who really knows ones thoughts, feelings and the truths deep down and that's God! I feel me and him are going to make this a great journey whenever and whereever it may be. Its people like you with your thoughts and kind words that makes me think Shane its going to be all right! With your love and continued support and God guiding me everything will fall into place. Shane and its I am so proud to call all of you family! Shane this time.

graystone
03-10-2010, 05:00 PM
Ice after this is over I may have to hit you up for a loan! Shane and its can you over night it to me! Shane this time....

The13thHour
03-10-2010, 08:34 PM
Good luck with your new haunt Shane! We will be up to visit as soon as you open.

brad
03-10-2010, 11:36 PM
Shane, best of luck to you buddy!!!

I really wanted to see Graystone, but I guess I'll just have to wait to see Disturbia!!

graystone
03-11-2010, 06:38 PM
Good to see ya man! See you at the party! Shane and its were gonna have a party! Shane this time.

xxxdirk
03-11-2010, 06:49 PM
Shane, just want to wish you the very best at your new venture...looking forward to seeinv you and to your party...

Dan Faupel
03-11-2010, 10:05 PM
Best of luck Shane...see you at TW man!

graystone
03-12-2010, 05:39 AM
A week ago and everyone has been so supportive. Your comments have made me feel so loved in this industry with your comments here, text messages, emails and personal calls its been great! Thanks for all of this guys I am soooooooooo glad you all realize that I truly care for each of you and the good of this Industry. Shane and its with heart felt love! Shane this time!

LightsAlive
03-15-2010, 09:46 PM
Best of luck with the new haunt. See you in St. Louis. It promises to be a legendary party.

Steve
Lights Alive
www.lights-alive.com

graystone
03-16-2010, 07:06 PM
thanks for all the support guys! Shane and its your kindness has not gone unnoticed! Shane this time.