PDA

View Full Version : HHA Auction is looking amazing again!

MDKing
03-06-2010, 07:20 AM
First item comes from Larry Carr of Abracadaver Productions. The Skeleton is one of the most versatile props we use in our shows. It can stand on its own as a great distraction prop or add to scenic detail and it can be "dressed up" and re-themed to create a truly unique piece.

Most skeleton props look great but sometimes undersized. You don't have that problem here. One of the great items up for bid is the the Abracadaver's Big Skeleton a 6' 4" Latex and flex foam with wire armature to pose in different positions.
Just dress it to fit your scene. Metal stand and F.R. erosion cloth. Disassembles for easy shipping. A $500 retail value

http://i903.photobucket.com/albums/ac239/Bennettscurse/auction%202010/BigSkeleton.jpg

We will see YOU there!
Allan

MDKing
03-08-2010, 07:41 AM
Unit 70 will not be at the Haunt show in a couple of weeks, but that doesn't mean you couldn't walk away with one of their brand new, and incredible props.
This beauty was made for the HHA auction and he is looking for a great home. We'll see you there!

http://i903.photobucket.com/albums/ac239/Bennettscurse/auction%202010/unit70.jpg

graystone
03-08-2010, 07:48 AM
My boys Bo and Brady always help out! Shane and its keep up the good work Allan! Shane this time!

MDKing
03-08-2010, 08:02 AM
Thanks Shane, they do a great job indeed!
Allan

drfrightner
03-08-2010, 05:30 PM
Allan,

You have done an amazing job! Larry

HouseOfHorrors
03-08-2010, 05:52 PM
Whoa!! That new unit 70 piece looks amazing.. I'm gonna have to get a couple of those for this year!!!

-Tim

Speculo
03-08-2010, 07:05 PM
By this one... At the HHA Auction!

Thanks!

Darkangel
03-09-2010, 05:10 AM
That is pretty bad ass for sure! vERY cool props both of them! Do you got anything from SPFX or CFX?

DA

Speculo
03-09-2010, 12:22 PM
Another onsite HHA Member Benefit for the HHA Auction
Saturday March 27th 4:30 PM at TransWorld in the Seminar room

HHA Members get 10% discount off of final accepted bids -
That right, if your winning bid on an item is $1000, you pay $900 if you are an HHA Member!

This auction is very important for us to raise money for our programs, but we are also working on member benefits all the time.

Another good reason to join!

Thanks!

MDKing
03-10-2010, 06:04 AM
Thanks guys. Darkangel, I'll have an update by one of those companies next week here on the forum.

Next up for bid is another creative concept by one of the haunt industries' top companies, Gore Galore!
For all those Zombie Hunter extraordinaires who want to demonstate their zombie killing skills. Gore Galore has created these super detailed Zombie Busts mounted on wall plaques. This is a tremendous piece that works well alone or since they have 50 heads to choose from, your HHA auction piece can start your collection and you can build from there!

This is a truely unique piece that works well in the show or on the office wall as a great conversation piece!

http://i903.photobucket.com/albums/ac239/Bennettscurse/brainbitertrophymount.jpg

MDKing
03-11-2010, 07:54 AM
Midnight Studios makes some of the coolest and realistic props, costumes, and masks for the haunt industry. They have everything from classic zombies, monsters, werewolves, and plenty of vampires. It's not hard to find plenty of male characters for your show, but it's nice sometimes to throw in a few female characters in the mix!

Midnight Studios has generously offered up this ultra realistc vampire, ready to "bust out" and terrify your guests or it's a great piece for the collector.

http://i903.photobucket.com/albums/ac239/Bennettscurse/auction%202010/midnightFXnewestpics1.jpg

Also, be sure to stop by the Midnight Studios/Splatter FX booth at Transworld for special show pricing on this piece only for HHA members!

MDKing
03-16-2010, 11:39 AM
Nethercraft is another great vendor and makes some amazing vacuform plastic walls, scenery, even statues! The Steampunk theme is growing each year, and here are a couple wall panels that can get your own Steampunk scene started. Come to the HHA auction and place your bids for these these great wall panels by Nethercraft!

These are some sketches of the panels you'll see at Transworld.

http://i903.photobucket.com/albums/ac239/Bennettscurse/steampunktriptychsketch.jpg

http://i903.photobucket.com/albums/ac239/Bennettscurse/steampunkdoorsketch.jpg

Darkangel
03-16-2010, 01:49 PM
Wow everythings justs looks so cool this auction sounds like fun. Hope to see that silicone mask update soon :D

DA

Allen H
03-16-2010, 02:06 PM
I am partly to blame for the late up date on that Im making a new design just for The auction and Shane's party Im cutting it close, but Im not ready yet. Very soon I will send pictures to Allan.
Allen H
StiltbeastStudios.com

MDKing
03-17-2010, 06:11 AM
Thanks Allen, so now you all know we will in fact have a new silicone mask offered by Allen Hopps of Stiltbeast Studios, and possibly his terrific actor videos as well!

Look for another mask update shortly!

Allan

MDKing
03-17-2010, 06:46 AM
While we eagerly await to see what Stiltbeast Studios has concocted, I have another new surprise for you to feast your eyes on.

CFX as we all know has changed the game when it comes to making silicone masks. With creative designs, unique painting options, as well as being ahead of the game when it comes to durability! A CFX mask is a great investment in artistic creativity and design and helps take your scene, and your show to the next level!

Up for bid is this brand new, never before seen mask from our good friends at CFX. Be sure to stop by their booth to see many new and exciting masks and hands while in St Louis! This one will be hot and looking forward to coming home with you! See you at the HHA auction!

http://i903.photobucket.com/albums/ac239/Bennettscurse/auction%202010/barnabas_auction.jpg

MDKing
03-19-2010, 06:49 AM
Distortions Unlimited is the known for making classic masks, props, and animatronics. They are also a benchmark of quality. Their recent concepts of making simple, affordable, yet extremely creative and effective "animatronics" is a refreshing approach. These pieces work well for the home haunters as well as the large pro haunted attractions.

This is a brand new "Frightronic" piece, it is animated with a small motor. It has movement like grandma, only it is the spine that moves. Cool huh?

http://i903.photobucket.com/albums/ac239/Bennettscurse/twitch_.jpg

Moxley Manor
03-19-2010, 07:48 AM
Looks like some cool this will be up for grabs. I hope to get my hands on some of these props.

MDKing
03-19-2010, 02:50 PM
Yeah Moxley, lots of cool stuff!

Here are few other sneak peeks and items...

We all saw the awesome wings that Monster Tronics unveiled here on this forum already. Jeff makes some durable and down right creative pieces that takes our costumes, and scenes to the next level.

Here's a favorite from Monster Tronic's current line up, its Goiter Boy - a $330.00 value

Goiter Boy has a complexion to die for with lots of pus, zits, boogers, goiters, tumors, cysts, and scabs. Squeeze one of his pus packed craters and squirt pus or water 15 to 20 feet!

Truly repulsive!!!

Includes:
Silicone booger conveniently stores in his nose and can be pulled out for a quick snack. Always a crowd pleaser.

Water reserve clips to your belt and squirts over and over with-out a refill.

Battery and charger.

http://i903.photobucket.com/albums/ac239/Bennettscurse/GoiterBoy.jpg

MDKing
03-19-2010, 02:57 PM
Darkangel, per your request for silicone masks and I am sure many of you have been waiting for the newest never before seen design by our friend Allen Hopps of Stiltbeast Studios! Allen has established himself as a talentd mask maker and best of all at a price you can't beat. His masks are always limited to his site, when it's gone it's gone.

At the HHA auction, you will be able to take your clown costume or scene to a new and terrifying level with this mask. Here are a couple sculpture pics, leaving your imaginations to go wild on how it will look finished!

See you on Saturday everyone! This one will be hot!

Please be sure to Thank all vendors who have supported this and other events during the Transworld weekend! They are working extremely hard, so support them as mush as possible so they can continue to bring this industry these high quality pieces that makes ours shows great!

http://i903.photobucket.com/albums/ac239/Bennettscurse/DSC08047.jpg

http://i903.photobucket.com/albums/ac239/Bennettscurse/DSC08048.jpg

http://i903.photobucket.com/albums/ac239/Bennettscurse/DSC08049.jpg

MDKing
03-19-2010, 04:56 PM
This year it seems like costumes are on everyone's list! Phantom Foundry is offering for you the following costumes offer at the HHA auction. If your zombies have been looking a little too neat and clean, Phantom Foundry can help you achieve the ideal zombie costume at a great price!

Phantom Foundry

Zombie 6-pack (suits/dresses) (modified slightly from our website): What's worse than a naked zombie? Six naked zombies! Fear not, for this pack has you covered, literally! All costumes in this pack are either full body (dress/coveralls) or consist of two pieces (pants and shirt, top and skirt, etc.) Each piece is professionally distressed and realistically detailed with high quality textile colors and silicone detailing. These outfits may look like they're torn apart, but they can stand a beating including a machine washing.

2 Jabot collars: Add these fancy satin and lace collars to any dark suit for an instant “Victorian gentleman” or vampire look.

Please visit their website to see samples of their work at http://www.phantomfoundry.com/products.html (http://www.phantomfoundry.com/products.html)

Phantom Foundry like most vendors on this list proudly offer all HHA members discounts. Check out the HHA website for vendor discounts!

MDKing
03-19-2010, 06:17 PM
Mike "Pogo" Hach and Jakprints. along with the awesome metal band Mushroomhead have combined to offer this generous and collectable package for the HHA auction. Jakprints can handle all of your print jobs, so check them out!

JakPrints/ Mushroomhead package - $150 Jakprints Gift Certificate
-"Horror Rock Band" Mushroomhead Limited Edition Halloween 2007 Poster
-Mushroomhead Autographed Limited Edition 2009 Halloween Poster
-Mushroomhead "Movie Size" Poster
-Mushroomhead Limited Edition Embroidered Beanie Hat
-Mushroomhead Sticker Pack

$400 package

jakprintsHAUNT
03-19-2010, 06:33 PM
we will also be adding some more goodies to this package as well! We will let the final package be a surprise though. On a side note, everything included in our package was also produced by us (all of the Mushroomhead and other items were printed/produced at Jakprints), so not only is it a cool collection of stuff, but a great showcase of some work we have done!

Mike "Pogo" Hach

MDKing
03-20-2010, 09:12 AM
Thanks again for everything Mike!
Allan

jakprintsHAUNT
03-20-2010, 10:25 AM
No problem Allan! I/we are happy to do whatever we can to help out!

Mike "Pogo" Hach

Darkangel
03-22-2010, 01:11 PM
So, who's all going to the events? Is everyone here going to the auction?

DA

thebatesmotel
03-22-2010, 01:26 PM
I would like to personally thank Allan Bennett from Bennett's Curse, for all the time and hard work he has put into the HHA Auction. It's going to be an outstanding event and everyone should make the effort to attend.

Randy Bates
The Bates Motel

chuck weber
03-22-2010, 03:44 PM
mushroomhead rules !!!!!! saw them 3 times here in philly. kick ass!!!!!

Matt Marich
03-22-2010, 04:36 PM
Here's our Donation, with all the interest in Steam Punk, Here is our collection of most popular resin Set Decor. This same item will be a prize at THE INSANE SHANE PARTY, be there! Winners will receive two weeks after the show.

Matt
Edge Designs

drfrightner
03-22-2010, 04:50 PM
Let me be the first one to say WE GOT THE LAB KIT... maybe bought the first one period. Its awsome stuff. I would grab that in a heart beat

Larry

jakprintsHAUNT
03-22-2010, 05:45 PM
Slight edit to the Jakprints donation, but actually sweetening the deal. Due to professional commitments we were unable to get two of the guys sigs on the Mushroomhead posters in time, so instead we are giving the posters unsigned, and have an already signed recording used drumhead signed by the whole band (used during the recording of the last release Savior Sorrow, as well as live) that we are throwing in. Much like the Edge guys, we have a similar prize going to Shane's party, just not quite as hefty.

Mike "Pogo" Hach

Speculo
03-22-2010, 06:18 PM
Just loaded up something else fun for the Auction! Actual costumes from the Movie ZOMBIELAND! It is a lot of 10 costumes from the film, some male. some female. Our Costume Designer (and about 20 other titles) Jayne worked on the movie for two months, so we were able to pick up these cool items. You can get these at the HHA Auction, and we also have some of them going to Shanes party as well.

You might get lucky and see some of these when you watch the DVD!

BTW Allan, just got the box of costumes from Phantom Foundry.

Great work with this!

Grimley
03-22-2010, 06:19 PM
Is there a full list somewhere of what will be auctioned or did I just miss it.

Speculo
03-22-2010, 07:56 PM
If Allan doesn't post it here, there will be lists at the HHA booth.

Thanks!

Dalloween
03-22-2010, 10:23 PM
Where is the location of the auction? Is it at the America's Center? hotel?

Thanks,
Jim-Jim

MDKing
03-23-2010, 05:08 AM
Thanks a lot guys. I hope you all enjoy the auction and many of you walk away with some great new items for your shows!

I have a list that has everything on it so far less the Zombieland costumes and the awesome stuff from Matt from Edge Designs, but I do have them listed on the auction list just not details on the actual items, Thanks for posting it here. Matt, I sent you a PM.

If anyone wants to see a list today I can email you what I have, and of course I'll have copies at the HHA booth.

VENDORS!!! If anyone else wished to donate to this auction and be amongst other great haunt industry vendors please let me know today, simply bring it with you with a short description, retail value, anything like that and take it to HHA the booth or find me. Its great exposure, and great fun!

Allan

MDKing
03-23-2010, 07:24 PM
One last post before the show and I have saved an awesome prop for the last...

Steve and the gang at Fright Theater will not be at the Haunt show, but they are always making some awesome props for the haunt industry. Be sure to visit their site, and place an order with them you will not be disapppointed!

Up for bid is a prop that can fit in any haunt in virtually any theme. The possibilities are endless and this one is a super detailed coffin complete with decaying skeleton inside. We're only showing you the top portion of the overall piece, you'll have to go to the auction to see the whole prop or order one direct from Fright Theater today at www.frighttheatre.com and they even offer an HHA member discout. $650 value.

Thanks Steve for your support, some lucky winner will win this great piece this saturday at the Haunt Show!!!!

http://i903.photobucket.com/albums/ac239/Bennettscurse/FrightTheatre028.jpg

jakprintsHAUNT
03-24-2010, 12:03 PM
Here is an image of what is included in our offering for the auction (and there is a very similar package at Shane's party as a prize tonight) :

drfrightner
03-30-2010, 01:21 AM
I heard the auction raised $14-15,000 dollars. I'm sure this far exceeded all expectations... I'm sure all the members of HHA thank you for your support and the board can put these dollars to good use to help the industry.

Larry