PDA

View Full Version : How did you get your screen name?

Tater
03-06-2010, 11:05 PM
Hey Yall

we were talking in the chat tonight how did you come up with the screen name that you did...I want a response from Allen on how he got his screen name and Jim

Jolly Pumpkin
03-06-2010, 11:18 PM
Well, I've always had a love for Christmas and Halloween, so I combined them both into one screen name. Jolly(short for Jolly ol saint nick) and Pumpkin (a symbol of Halloween). Jolly Pumpkin is also my Aol screen name and I use it on other forums.

Jim Warfield
03-07-2010, 12:48 AM
From a tombstone on the next hill, I changed the middle initial from a "G" to an "S".
In winter I put snow in the letters hiding the G and then videoed it petending it was my grave.
I died in 1953.
I carried out the garbage to the curb, had a heart attack, fell dead on top of the garbage, they had to finally come outside to see what happened to me.
I was just trying to be efficient. I was ready to travel.
Forget the motuary.

Allen H
03-07-2010, 06:40 AM
Tater,
Im not sure, Its just something I have been called since child hood.

SomeThingInTheIce
03-07-2010, 06:59 AM
Mine is a line from the best horror movie of all time, The Thing "We found SomeThing In The Ice".

Jim Warfield
03-07-2010, 07:56 AM
Might your Brother be "Waiter, there's something in my soup?"

Badger
03-07-2010, 08:35 AM
My nickname has been Badger for many many years...(I know it's not very interesting)

Dreamreaper
03-07-2010, 09:03 AM
Mine came from a combination of Dream(from my haunt The Dreams of Darkness) and at Christmas I was a 10 foot Reaper in the lighted parade so that is how I came up with mine.

Killer Katie
03-07-2010, 09:46 AM
It was my very first haunted house character. A killer doll - type thing that has never really fleshed out, but I liked the name. makes me sound dangerous! LOL

gadget-evilusions
03-07-2010, 11:53 AM
"Gadget" - the nickname given to me many years ago due to the number of tools I carry on me 24/7, and my affinity for all things mechanical and automated.

"Evilusions" - the company I own.

graystone
03-07-2010, 12:31 PM
Came from a story I wrote once and the name of my old Haunt. Shane and its yup thats it! Shane this time.

bcghosthunters
03-07-2010, 12:46 PM
I am the founder of a paranormal investigative group called Boone County Ghost Hunters. So BCGHOSTHUNTERS is short for that.

scarygoat
03-07-2010, 01:14 PM
I used to play a game on the computer called DOOM with one of my good friends. there was something in it called a Goat Demon which I was always fascinated with for some reason. Just liked the look of it I guess. So from that point on my name was GOAT, LOL. Then for here and other Halloween/Horror oriented things I added "scary" to it.

Umby
03-07-2010, 02:47 PM
Its an abbreviation of my last name. When I was a kid I had a hockey coach that shortened it to "Umby."

Thats what most people have called me ever since.

StackerSteve
03-07-2010, 04:40 PM
My electricians gave it to me on the job. Mixing Stacker 2's and lots of coffee. They just put Stacker and Steve together and it stuck. Mostly I hear Stacker all day

Warren Vanderdark
03-07-2010, 04:55 PM
It's my "nom de' haunt" as the genial (yet exceedingly demented) owner and operator of The Baxter Avenue Morgue.

terrormasue
03-07-2010, 07:55 PM
My daughter loves the Italian dessert Tiramasu . So I love Halloween, thus "Terror" I am a mother thus "ma" amd my name is Sue thus, well duh...
So Terrormasue....there you go. I love a play on words.....

terrormasue
03-07-2010, 07:57 PM
OK Tater, how did you get your screen name?

BruiseMuse
03-07-2010, 09:16 PM
Bruisemuse was a nickname I was given because I've taught spfx makeup for years and my specialty is realistic bruising.

voodoo willy
03-07-2010, 09:41 PM
Name of my store that I named after my Grandfather. Everybody called him Willy so I added the Voodoo. www.voodoowillys.com

WelchWitch
03-08-2010, 03:12 PM
Mine isn't even haunt related.

It is one of the names used by Stevie Nicks of Fleetwood Mac when she checks into a hotel and doesn't want to be found under her real name. And it is also the name of her production company. I have used it for years after I found out. Liked it, felt good for this side of me. My alter ego.

lurker
03-09-2010, 12:12 AM
I chose "lurker" cause of its Lovecraft implications (The Lurker at the Threshold) and it's forum meaning as well. I like to lurk in the dark spaces in between.

Lord of Fright
03-09-2010, 03:03 AM
Lord of Fright came from a friend of mine that said that I had a presence about me that made him think of a Lord or a King when I would act. He loved that I was so much into Halloween he put the two together. So everytime he introduced me to someone he said this is Lord of Fright. It was a great conversation starter. I have dropped the of and just go by Lord Fright and my wife goes by Lady Fright. Lord Fright has evolved in the past few years and is now part Zombie and part Vampire!