PDA

View Full Version : DISTURBIA Here We Go!

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

graystone
03-13-2010, 02:58 PM
Ok guys and ghouls here are the first pictures of the outside of my new Haunted Attraction Disturbia located in Huntsville Alabama. I will use this thread to post pictures of the progress! First is front view, then side view, back side, loading dock, and back corner. Great thing here it was rainig heavy yet she is nice and dry inside no leaky roof, no flooding, heat and air if I want to pay for it lol. Shane and its more to come! Shane this time!

spookhaven
03-13-2010, 03:02 PM
Awesome find Shane! Keep us posted. You will have a lot of work to do to be ready for 2010 season.

Atrox Freak
03-13-2010, 03:03 PM
Good looking building with alot of parking.

graystone
03-13-2010, 03:10 PM
Here is more its 97,000sqft! First is back looking to loading dock, then loading dock, frint view it has 450 parking spaces, corner shot, and back corner! Tell me what you think of my location guys! Shane and its I got my work cut out for me! Shane this time.

sophisticatedterror
03-13-2010, 03:13 PM
thats huge!!

HELLRAZZORS
03-13-2010, 03:26 PM
sweet .....there s plenty of room to entertain out in the parking lot....and indoor of course......:D

elowther
03-13-2010, 06:08 PM
Wow that's awesome Shane! What a great location with tons of space and parking. Can't wait to see the inside. This thread will be great as you add more and more photos of your progress.

Eric

SomeThingInTheIce
03-13-2010, 07:00 PM
Damn, did you post 97,000 sq. feet! You building a theme park or a haunted house.lol. I think that the Guiness World Record maybe changing hands soon. Shane if I'm right and that is a old grocery store are you going to use the coolers, meat dept, ect? Very nice, can you post the address? I want to map quest it.

graystone
03-13-2010, 08:10 PM
Never know what you will find Ice! I can tell you this it will be disturbing! Address I will post it I don't have my paper in front of me as I have not memorized the address yet LOL! Shane and its come see me! Shane this time.

SpookywoodsFX.com
03-13-2010, 08:30 PM
Good looking building with alot of parking.
And let's hope it's STILL not enough ;)

Now let's have a look at the inside Shane!

N2SPOOKINU
03-13-2010, 09:01 PM
Shane thats quite a building! How many emergency exit doors does that monster have on it? That place is huge! Congrats on the move and I wish you the best.
We are taking another tour this summer and we would love to check it out in person.
See you in St. Louis at your party.

Greg
Fearfest

xxxdirk
03-13-2010, 10:30 PM
Tho shat not covet thy neighbors haunt, Tho shat not covet thy neighbors haunt, Tho shat not covet thy neighbors haunt, Tho shat not covet thy neighbors haunt, Tho shat not covet thy neighbors haunt, Tho shat not covet thy neighbors haunt, Tho shat not covet thy neighbors haunt, Tho shat not covet thy neighbors haunt,.....

Damnnn...

danglin
03-13-2010, 10:34 PM
97,000 square feet!?!?! Really Shane? I was feeling really cocky about having 18,000 square foot, but now ........ I am suffering from "haunt envy!"

I am looking forward to seeing what you will do with it. We will have to swing by and check you out later this summer.

Good luck!

graystone
03-13-2010, 10:42 PM
That was freaking funny! Dewayne anytime man anytime! Shane and its Thanks Everyone! Shane this time.

Fear Unfathomed
03-14-2010, 12:44 AM
That looks AWESOME, Shane! What fun! Looking forward to the updates!

damon carson
03-14-2010, 01:03 AM
Looks nice Shane. What is the history on the building? How many square feet is it?
Damon

brad
03-14-2010, 03:05 AM
Hell yeah man!!!

Best of luck to you for getting everything up on time!!!

If I'm ever in the area, I'll have to stop by and help out.

Darkangel
03-14-2010, 05:38 AM
Ideal location thats for sure! I'd hate to pay the monthly lease on this at 97k square feet OUCH!!! But so many parking spots Good luck!!!

DA

graystone
03-14-2010, 06:49 AM
Looks like its long days ahead for me for sure! Damon the building was a old mega store chain Brunos, Food World. it had a bank in it, a deli, a florist, and pharmacy. My new neighbors is one of the top two TV stations so that's a match made right there. Also there is a TV startion right across the street! Shane and its who wants to have a building party with me! Shane this time.

damon carson
03-14-2010, 08:10 AM
Nice find! Nothing like a little free publicity!
Damon

Gore Galore
03-14-2010, 08:28 AM
Shane,
How awesome.
Man, you have a blank slate in front of you.
You can do anything you want.
Plan a big makeup room.
And a huge shop space so you can build anytime and just install after completion of your build out.
What are some ways you can use the building even when the haunt is closed.
A space for parties, weddings, black light golf, small halloween store, etc...

Raycliff Manor
03-14-2010, 08:35 AM
Wow! Shane, congratulations!!! The possibilities are endless with that much space! Best of all, you will always have paved parking and indoor space for people to wait in line no matter what the weather is like!!! I'm definitely looking forward to seeing your progress my friend!

Kel

Matt Marich
03-14-2010, 10:04 AM
Can't wait to see it in action Shane!!

Coasterbp
03-14-2010, 10:48 AM
Shane, you said it was an old grocery store. Just curious, was the inside totally gutted when you purchased it or was there a lot of shelving and aisles still left inside?

Night Stalker
03-14-2010, 11:43 AM
We are very very happy for you Shane, you deserve it! I know I don't have to tell you this but now is the fun part!

Jeff

MovieRelics
03-14-2010, 11:48 AM
Looks like an awesome building and location with tons of potential. Looking forward to many pics and updates about the build. Good Luck!

newhorror2010
03-14-2010, 01:11 PM
thats huge!!

you took the words right out of my mouth!

Good luck Shane, I wish you nothing but the best!

John

IF YOUR 555
03-14-2010, 01:17 PM
Hey Shane, Im not sure if thats going to work buddy, You may need something of a larger scale.........blahhhh!!! Holy crap man thats awsome!!!

graystone
03-14-2010, 01:28 PM
All your comments are always taken to heart with me. Its much needed and most welcomed! Just like when the news broke and the attack and drama that ensued and you guys came to the front of the lines with me!!! I CAN'T THINK YOU ENOUGH!

Coasterbp no there was no shelving thankfully its all removed for me so I can get to go pretty much straight to work. This work this is probably going to be the most stressful ,nerve wracking thing I have ever done and took on but with the Industry's support, the support of my family, friends, and crew and God watching over us I know I will be fine! Shane and its THANKS AGAIN GUY'S IT MEANS ALOT. Shane this time.

Raycliff Manor
03-14-2010, 05:01 PM
Shane, I know in the past there have been rumors that have gone through the industry about a mammoth haunted attraction that haunters nationwide were coming together to build. If there was ever a location that it could be done, you my friend have it! Is there a reality show in your future??? ;)

Enjoy the ongoing journey my friend and know that you have an industry of friends who believe in your dream and in you! :smile:

Kel

graystone
03-14-2010, 06:06 PM
Now theres an Idea! I got the film crew just need the workers and vendors and man we can sell this thing! Shane and its THE BUILDING OF DISTURBIA TAKE 1! Shane this time.

The13thHour
03-14-2010, 06:12 PM
Cool find there Shane. It is pretty close to Larry's Pistol and Pawn if I am not mistaken. Haunting and guns, my two favorite things!

Matt Marich
03-14-2010, 06:31 PM
In the words of the Blues Brothers, "alot of space in this mall","disco pants and haircuts", "the new Chevy's are in early this year."

graystone
03-14-2010, 06:38 PM
You are correct! Matt you crack me up cant wait to see you man! Remember the Darkness wait last year? What fun we all had in line! Shane and its LMAO still! Shane this time.

Speculo
03-14-2010, 07:29 PM
Shane, I think you need to start building TOMORROW! That place is massive! It is both thrilling and horrific to start with a blank slate, but it looks like you have the support to make it rock.

Good Luck!

bamasmith
03-14-2010, 07:47 PM
Looks a whole lot nicer in person....

annarchy
03-14-2010, 08:29 PM
Shane, buy or lease?

legendsofthefog
03-16-2010, 11:08 AM
what a great slate to start with... possibilities are endless... workshop... midway... queue area... everything under one roof.... shane you could have a hayride inside that place! Congrats! See you at TW

graystone
03-16-2010, 04:01 PM
Exciting for sure! Shane and its I got alot of work ahead of me! Shane this time.

Mike Honcho
03-16-2010, 04:11 PM
Shane you could host TW there next year hahaha

SpookywoodsFX.com
03-16-2010, 05:45 PM
Shane, this is going to be very exciting to watch it come together. You have a long road in front of you but it's a wide open stretch. Now lets see the inside!

xxxdirk
03-16-2010, 05:56 PM
Shane, maybe you should keep a diary of everything and put together a book for all of us. Let us know the good, bad and ugly, though the latter two will only be a sentence...

graystone
03-16-2010, 06:14 PM
Mark I am finishing up Easter stuff in the Malls this week and I will get some indoor pics soon. Ron thats a thought I did think of a video not like a detail video but a video of the process from building inspectors, fire marshall, building ect what is everyones thoughts. I just finished my first video of Graystone and will have it at TransWorld. Shane and its what are your suggestions? Shane this time.

xxxdirk
03-16-2010, 06:37 PM
A DVD diary might be a good idea. I mean there is SO much that you are going to go through that anyone thinking of opening a haunt would learn from. You could structure it like Larrys DVDs kinda sitting at a desk with a little clip board taking us through your daily tribulations...

ScreamParkBarnibus
03-17-2010, 02:13 AM
Jealous!!!

graystone
03-18-2010, 03:33 PM
Here ya go in one picture I did not realize I turned the water on and it kinda flooded LOL! There is more and lots of upstair space this is just the floor and some back area about lil over half the building maybe. Shane and its taking a nerve pill! Shane this time.

graystone
03-18-2010, 03:42 PM
Lord at the work I am like Larry now I just don't know! There used to be a bank in there which we are adding glass for our box office also the pharmacy area with the glass doors will become a gift shop and the last picture with the windows will be for sound and cameras! Shane and its I am truly over stressed! Shane this time.

SomeThingInTheIce
03-18-2010, 03:48 PM
Looks great and don't worry once you start seeing it take shape you'll be fine.

elowther
03-18-2010, 04:13 PM
That is Awesome!

Just remember you don't have to get everything you want done the first year. It's exciting to watch. Thanks for posting!

Eric

freak 'n' stein
03-18-2010, 08:26 PM
Shaneeeeeeee!!!! Are you going to be open for the 2010 season? I will DEFINITELY be visiting - do you plan to have a BTS tour also?! :D

post script: CONGRATS ON TAKING LARRY'S PLACE IN THE HHA AND BECOMING MODERATOR!!! ALL THE BEST TO YOU!!!

graystone
04-10-2010, 11:18 AM
Brainstorm is almost done with my new logo and artwork and its AWSOME! They do amazing work. This one is a little different than they normally do and Doug will tell you that. It has the look of a movie poster! I am so feeling it. I hope to have it posted sometime Monday the are making a few changes for me but hopefully Monday I will have it! I can't wait for you guys to see it. I will not post a new thread I will keep everything related to Disturbia here! Shane and its check back soon! Shane this time!

Darkblood
04-10-2010, 11:33 AM
Shane,
This is every haunters dream...I'm truly jealous, but my prayers are with you!
I can't wait to see pics/video of this place! You are someone I truly respect in this industry and I hope to meet you someday (going to MHC?)!
I'd totally love to see a DVD of your process from start to finish to learn from it. I think it would benefit the greater good, even if it added more for you to do! LOL
Take care and get working!!! :)

Kirk

graystone
04-10-2010, 01:39 PM
Kirk THANKS "respect" it a big thing to live up to. Let me say this as happy as I am about this new project it has not came without heartache for me. In the beginning I lost several nights sleep wondering if I was doing the right thing. Here I have been doing haunts for so long always quiet and under the radar then just a few years ago I am put in the spotlight and under the microscope. I had several talks with Paul Johnson ( Atrox ) he has been more than just support for me he has been my true friend through this all as well as his whole crew. I will also say Ben Armstrong as been a good listener too. I have been shocked to realize so may people love and look up to me in this Industry I have fought hard for us ALL. It really hit me this year when it takes a whole day to get down one aisle because everyone wants to shake hands, talk to me or get a photo with me and let me say its truly an honor these guys and gals have offered unconditional support something I thought I could never find from someone other than my best friends and Parents.

On a lesser note when I was at Transworld a few weeks ago people I thought would never turn their back on me did just that. No one in the Industry just some who were close to me during my Graystone days. Some went out of their way to ignorne me. I asked " what have I ever done to these people" maybe they felt I abandoned them. At the end of the day I realize I did not sit them down and tell them everything that was going on or what was about to take place as far as my moving on to open Disturbia and leaving my Graystone days behind me, but I felt that if I ran to them it was like gathering up a posse and it was like saying if you go with me this will be the best for you, somthing I felt would not be in good taste. I wanted them to make their own choices and by that come and talk to me as well as the other parties involvded and let them make their own choice of what they wanted to do as far as stay with new ownership or go with me on this new journey, but instead they all grouped together and pretty much said good riddance at least that's how I feel. The sad part of that is there are two sides to every story and I cannot blame them as some only know what they have been told and I have said nothing so I guess I am alot to blame there, maybe I should have did things different as it sure hurts to know that people I fought for and pulled out of my own pocket to see that they were taken care of totally ignored that fact again I am sure most did not know everything . So yeah in reading this I have to blame myself. I have no hard feelings for these guys if anything I wish them the best and hope that they can feel as though they now have a stake in this Industry. Maybe they think well with Shane out of the way maybe we can feel we have something to call our own. I don't know and at this point should not matter as long as they are happy I am happy for them.

Again could of, would of, should of. But at the end of the day I live my life knowing I did all I could under the circumstances and at the end of the day I know the truth. But from this point on the truth does not matter as there is now a new venture coming out of this for everyone.

I seem to have guided off track here as I wanted to make a point that I don't want anyone to be jealous as I would not wish this on anyone! I made this decision and when all is said and done I know I am going to be happy and fine. I will find a totally new and extended family who I can once again take under my wings as I know at the end of the day no matter what your cast and crew is your life support and back bone of any project. I will say this I will document this project on video from start to finish. You will see my like you never have before I will be totally up front on this project from the good to the bad and at the end of the day I hope this will be one of those videos that people will say this is a must have. I want people to see all the up's and downs getting into this Industry causes.

Again please don't read anything more into this than what it is and is to be and that's when life throws you a kick just get back up dust yourself off and say you know what that was not as bad as I thought it would be. I look forward to you guys going through this journey with me and would not have it any other way. I hope also that if you read this it will inspire you to realize that anything is possible and through friends, family and God the sky is the limit. Shane and its speaking from the heart! Shane this time.

Night Stalker
04-10-2010, 07:03 PM
Not sure what you are talking about here Shane but from my dealings with you , you have always been honest and supportive. I know you will do just fine and as they say time does heal wounds...not always all but those who were your friends...your true friends will be there for you and with your personality you will gain many more. As I said earlier great building...I am really jelous and you will do great things with it.

Jeff

soultrkr
04-10-2010, 07:52 PM
Hmm huntsville so does this mean you will be trying to get haunters in space?

shawnc
04-11-2010, 12:37 AM
Any signs of real ghosts yet? Maybe you should spend the night there, with an infrared video camera set up.

graystone
04-15-2010, 12:25 PM
Dealing with a big company and things are going slow!!! Paper work, paper work, paper work! Oh well until then (hoping this weekend I can do more inside) Here is some of 24 buckeys I got in and some doors I got in for the autospy room and the last photo is my newest member of my animal family she was born 3 weeks ago!!! Shane and its more to come I promise! Shane this time!

damon carson
04-15-2010, 12:38 PM
The buckeys and the alpaca or lama or cool. But where does the Nutcracker fit into this? LOL!
Damon

terrormasue
04-15-2010, 01:21 PM
Shane how cool!! So excited for you. Love the new addition!!!!! (baby llama) Hey, how is the hand? Ouch...

elowther
04-15-2010, 01:43 PM
That's awesome Shane! I love getting a shipment of Buckeys. What's the lama's name?

Eric

graystone
04-15-2010, 06:45 PM
I named the new baby llama princess because of her long eyelashes she's a sweet heart. Damon I guess the nut cracker is guarding the doors LOL. I distressed a buckey today and hung it on the perimeter fence of one of the leopard cages I think he thought it was dinner time. I am bored and playing here at the farm I will post a pic of the cat watching the skeleton tomorrow! Shane and its oh what a day! Shane this time!

Jim Warfield
04-15-2010, 07:11 PM
The patrons pay, walk in, they are blindfolded (it's dark anyway) they walk, then place their hand in a bowl of soggy "Brains!"
The lights go on and there is the world's largest glass bowl full of wet macaroni!
I mean, you have room for it.
Nobody would ever forget it!
Then when they think it's over, the lights begin blinking, the huge glass bowl tips and buries everyone in macaroni!
You could build an indoor haunted NASCAR track with spookmobiles. I once considered doing a haunted used car lot.
Remember "Escape From New York" when the bad guy popped up from the car's engine compartment? We didn't anticipate that one did we?
Endless possibilitys, an extreme blessing ..or a slight curse?
Let the fun begin!

shawnc
04-15-2010, 07:21 PM
Sorry Shane - Try as you might, you will never be the craziest one on this board.

The patrons pay, walk in, they are blindfolded (it's dark anyway) they walk, then place their hand in a bowl of soggy "Brains!"
The lights go on and there is the world's largest glass bowl full of wet macaroni!
I mean, you have room for it.
Nobody would ever forget it!
Then when they think it's over, the lights begin blinking, the huge glass bowl tips and buries everyone in macaroni!
You could build an indoor haunted NASCAR track with spookmobiles. I once considered doing a haunted used car lot.
Remember "Escape From New York" when the bad guy popped up from the car's engine compartment? We didn't anticipate that one did we?
Endless possibilitys, an extreme blessing ..or a slight curse?
Let the fun begin!

graystone
04-16-2010, 09:57 AM
I could not do this with my lions or tigers the bucky would not last 30 seconds!! Just having some down time before the work starts and as you can see I am BORED!!!! Right after the last photo he jumped on me!!! Guess I was more fun! Shane and its good thing he was dead! Shane this time!!!

damon carson
04-16-2010, 10:07 AM
Thats pretty cool! How many animals do you have? Im an animal lover too but it would be a large undertaking to take care of exotic animals im sure. How many people help you? Are these pics of the property you live at? Just wondering. This is all very interesting. Do you take in animals that have been mistreated or hurt? I knew you had these animals but when you start showing pictures in takes on more meaning.
Damon

Fear Unfathomed
04-16-2010, 12:13 PM
HAHA those pictures are awesome!! I love it.

jason
04-16-2010, 02:01 PM
what did i miss with all these animals? do you have a private petting zoo?

graystone
04-16-2010, 02:26 PM
First picture is some buckeys I aged! Second pictures are of my Ringtailed Lemurs (Adam and Eve)enjoying the day here at the farm. Jason no I am not a zoo or open to the public and no I do not take unwanted animals most of the time I have made a few exceptions. All my cats have been bottle raised from 5 days old by me! I am a private collector of 13 years! Damon I would guess over 300 animals and birds yes these were taken at my place today! Shane and its I am still bored! Shane this time!

Darkangel
04-16-2010, 04:00 PM
Those Leopards are awesome. Beautiful but deadly and powerful animals. Hope those animals are happy at your farm...

Jim Warfield
04-16-2010, 05:32 PM
..as long as they get fed.
No food= no smile.

graystone
04-16-2010, 06:21 PM
A few more and then its back to the reason for this thread and thats my new Attraction. First two is on of the camels no one ever comes to the fence at the same time! Next is one of the tigers sunning I had to hurry he was looking like I want that camera! Next is one of the younger bottle fed deers and last is about 8 or 9 of about 75 cockatiels! Shane and its ok now its back to work! Shane this time!

SomeThingInTheIce
04-16-2010, 06:55 PM
Shane, that is sooooo cool. Have you or are you going to use the big cats in the haunt?

elowther
04-16-2010, 07:34 PM
That's awesome Shane! You should start a separate thread about these animals and any others you have. I think people would really enjoy it. How many people help with all the care of them? I would like to know how you got into getting so many cool species and do you need special licenses for each one.

Thanks for posting, they are cool as hell, I want to see more.

Eric

graystone
04-16-2010, 08:17 PM
Actually many years ago one of my first haunts had one of my tigers in it but I have aged alot and would no longer do that now. Eric I have 5 people and myself that take care of them. I hold every major license that a zoo does, U.S.D.A. and U.S.D.I ( for the endangered animals). In 1986 at 17 I was the youngest person in the United Stated to hold these license. I will get around at some point and post all the animals I have and yes that would take a whole new thread! I have trained hundreds of animal control officers how to handle these. I DO NOT ENCOURAGE PEOPLE TO HAVE THESE AND ITS IMPOSSIBLE NOW ANYWAY. They require lots of time and money but for me they have been such a part of my family now without them I probably would die of loneliness. Shane and its I am glad I let everyone peek into my world! Shane this time!

Pumpkin King
04-16-2010, 08:18 PM
Those animals are so cool!!!!!

soultrkr
04-17-2010, 12:28 AM
Shane you are brave man to own things that could decide your prey one day.
Nice looking Animals they seem pretty happy from the pictures.
I agree you should start another thread to show off all your friends there.

graystone
04-17-2010, 07:33 AM
New Artwork and Logo is done Brainstorm did another AWSOME JOB! I will post it hopefully today. Then it will be off to Chris at Rogues to do the new website! Shane and its who wants to see it? Shane this time.

jakprintsHAUNT
04-17-2010, 01:21 PM
Do share! Im sure we'd all love to see it!

Mike "Pogo" Hach

damon carson
04-18-2010, 10:26 AM
A new thread of your animals and haunt would be great if you have the time. I think its all really cool.
Damon

Jim Warfield
04-18-2010, 01:19 PM
Or have you not gotten your flying monkeys to keep their Depends to stay on yet?
Guerrilla Glue? Tried that?
The load in those Depends gets pretty heavy, requiring more wingpower to lift off the ground.
If I catch them circling my place again it won't be a Depends-diaper 9-11 here, my Anti-aircraft crews have orders to shoot first and duck later.
We have the old Circus human cannoball cannon with Toe-doe loaded up, helmet and protective gear on, ready to bite and kill! He hates flying monkeys!

graystone
04-19-2010, 08:39 PM
OK here it is! I want to say THANKS Doug! I think you brought DISTURBIA to life for me! You did exactly what I asked and I think it turned out AWSOME! So here it is guys! Shane and its what do you think? Shane this time!!!!

deathstaste
04-19-2010, 09:09 PM
i dont see anything

HouseOfHorrors
04-19-2010, 09:29 PM
Wow! That is great!! Brainstorm does AMAZING work... can't wait to see how my new image will turn out this year... They always blow me away!!

-Tim

The13thHour
04-19-2010, 09:31 PM
That is awesome Shane! We can't wait to check out the new haunt this fall. Looking good!

screamline studios
04-19-2010, 09:41 PM
Is that a screamline weapon i see??

Jason

Scream Shack
04-19-2010, 09:46 PM
Looks Great Shane!

jakprintsHAUNT
04-19-2010, 10:48 PM
Looks great! I want to add that I like the fact that it doesn't "look like Brainstorm" as most of their things have the tendency to do (not a bad thing, you just know when its a Brainstorm piece). This is different, dark, and fresh.

Mike "Pogo" Hach

Fear Unfathomed
04-19-2010, 10:53 PM
I love it, Shane! They did a GREAT job with that.
I especially love that stuff coming through the wall and all the gore.
It has my seal of approval. :)

SpookywoodsFX.com
04-19-2010, 11:10 PM
That's absolutely crazy! Kudos to the artist(s) involved!

Can you imagine the public response to that, as a haunt advertisement, 25 years ago?

brad
04-19-2010, 11:14 PM
Looking good buddy!!

I'm kinds jealous now!! I'd like to get our logos redesigned this year, and I'm anxious to see what we can get done.

Good job man!!

elowther
04-19-2010, 11:38 PM
Man, that kicks serious ass Shane! It really gives you the feel of how your new haunt will be like. Just when I thought Brainstorm couldn't get any better, lol! A true work of art you and Brainstorm can be very proud of. Awesome job once again and thanks for posting that.

Eric

Nightmare_Trance
04-20-2010, 06:10 AM
Wow Shane! That is amazing!

Darkangel
04-20-2010, 06:46 AM
Brainstorm rules! Mike, I like that you can tell the Brainstorm stuff, at least it will always look amazing!

DA

Raycliff Manor
04-20-2010, 07:53 AM
WOW! That's off the charts on the creepy factor! Incredible depth and detail too! Congratulations Shane, that is AWESOME! Great job Brainstorm!

Kel

Slain
04-20-2010, 08:45 AM
Shane great thoughts on a design.. Leaves alot of speculation on what could happen to you there... You will never have to have a long boring story about fictional charactors of ancient times and shit
Great Looking work from Brainstorm Studios.. Should draw alot of attention in the Huntsville market.. Fresh and Smart....

damon carson
04-20-2010, 11:25 AM
Nice work. Looks like your haunts off to a great start Shane.
Damon

chuck weber
04-20-2010, 05:28 PM
Damn, those guys can work it !!!!!! great job... let me know when the shirts are available .

graystone
04-20-2010, 07:49 PM
Guys from the bottom of my heart THANKS! I really mean it. I was not for sure how this would be recieved because it's a little outside the box for some as well as me and Brainstorm. As I have said this has been a very trying transition for me and it will continue to be. I have been able to get through this and do it because of this Industry I HAVE NEVER MET A MORE SUPPORTIVE GROUP OF PEOPLE THAN YOU! I am so proud and honored to call you guys my friends and extended family! This year TransWorld was like a big family reunion for me!

Let me say this as many of you know and can tell by this thread I have tons of animals and I have said that the only thing in life that will hurt you is a human a snake rattles before it strikes, a dog barks, a lion roars very animal in the world will warn you before they attack all except a human! Always remember it's the truth! Thanks for all the support and kind words its really needed and well recieved! Shane and its from the bottom of my heart! Shane this time.

Darkblood
04-21-2010, 08:24 AM
Shane,
I love the poster design and the new building.
You are going to rock it this year!
I can't wait for the website and videos/pics of the progress/haunt!
I only hope to travel from PA down to where it is someday!

Take care!
Kirk

graystone
04-21-2010, 04:45 PM
Thanks Buddy!

E1mU6h4Xdxc

Oh what the hell here is my inspiration! Shane and its sing it babe! Shane this time!!

graystone
04-22-2010, 07:24 AM
I have signed more papers than Obama has! I will go into detail on the new video what its like to deal with a major chain company when it comes to purchase and lease of buildings! Shane and its more later! Shane this time!

Darkangel
04-22-2010, 07:44 AM
That would be great to see that info Shane!

As for the video, it inspired me as well, to go take a #2!:p

DA

graystone
04-22-2010, 07:54 AM
LOL hummmmm you got to see what I see! Shane and its maybe your an oldie! Shane this time!

Darkangel
04-22-2010, 07:57 AM
Just playing with ya! I don't like her music much, much prefer the great music on the other thread more!

DA

deathstaste
04-22-2010, 05:08 PM
http://hauntworld.com/haunted_house_forums/showthread.php?t=11678

Jay Dead
04-22-2010, 05:44 PM
wow, have fun with that Shane Shane Shane

terrormasue
04-22-2010, 05:54 PM
WOW!!!! Shane great logo. LOVE IT!!!!! Hey if I don't open I'm coming out to work for you. Only condition : I GET TO SLEEP ON THE DAMN BUS! Ha! Yes, I work for free. Right now I can't call it either way. Depends on how much Dave is "feeling the haunt" . He has been a great help so far. Again great artwork!!!! You will do well no doubt!! Love the pics of your corpsed skeletons!!

graystone
04-22-2010, 06:41 PM
Again THANKS its all taken to heart! Death yes I seen that thread she looked wicked! Sue OMG what fun we can have if Cody and his bunch don't open this year then they are going to come work at Disturbia now if we can get Lauren and a few others oh what fun its going to be! And you can stay on the Bus for as long as you like! I will go you one better I will send Steve to get you! Shane and its keep pressing forward! Shane this time!

FEAR ASYLUM
04-22-2010, 07:46 PM
hey shane you and rehianna have something in common (you both love the ____) lol

FEAR ASYLUM
04-22-2010, 07:48 PM
You both love the fear

Fear Unfathomed
04-23-2010, 01:56 AM
Hmm... kickin' it at shanes haunt.... Larry can I go?!?! lol

brad
04-23-2010, 02:06 AM
Don't forget me Shane!! If I don't open up, then me and boob lady will come work at ur place!!

Oh what fun we'll have!!

graystone
04-23-2010, 06:57 AM
To have you guys come down and work would be off the wall like a mini TransWorld! Hum Ben where you at I am sure you want be busy! Shane and its if I don't get busy I may be working somewhere to! Shane this time!

graystone
04-24-2010, 07:37 PM
So its been a stormy day so thought I would wash and get the hearse ready to have Graystone removed and Disturbia added. Shane and its Disturbia! Shane this time!

graystone
04-24-2010, 07:46 PM
Car still not dried but oh well! The tag on the Hearse says DRDEATH few pics of the casket inside! Shane and its yes the car is still wet! Shane this time

graystone
04-24-2010, 07:51 PM
This is it I got to find something else to do tonight! The INSANE3 tag is on my Hummer there is also some buckeys I am worrking on! Shane and its man at the work I got ahead of me! Shane this time!

deathstaste
04-24-2010, 08:08 PM
where did you get those awesome hubcaps?

chuck weber
04-24-2010, 11:05 PM
are those wheel covers custom jobs or what ? shane all the time !!!!!!

shawnc
04-24-2010, 11:10 PM
Cool car Shane.

So are you going to have to change your user name on here as well?

graystone
04-25-2010, 07:39 AM
No I want change my name here. At some point I am going to bring Graystone back from the grave as a second attraction. Shane and its RIP for now Graystone! Shane this time!

terrormasue
04-25-2010, 07:43 AM
Shane, love the hearse. Looks awesome!! Buckeys aren't bad either!!! I am getting ready to try my hand at corpsing one. Hope I can do as good a job. I will post my results on the thread I started. Wish me luck!!

graystone
04-26-2010, 06:39 PM
This guy is to have the skined, burned, melted look gonna hang him in with some skined animals! Shane and it's what do ya think? Shane this time!

Front Yard Fright
04-26-2010, 08:43 PM
Really like him Shane! How did you make the "skin" for him? One thing I would suggest to to get rid of some of the bulk around his neck. He's, for the most part, quite skinny and the added bulk around the neck seems like a bit much.

Great job anyhoo!
:).

freak 'n' stein
04-26-2010, 08:59 PM
I agree with Front Yard, unless that was the look you were going for...then I digress

AWESOME WORK THOUGH..can't wait for more pics :D

graystone
04-26-2010, 10:23 PM
Actually I wanted it to look like that like the skin has melted and streatched so yeah it was. Shane and its just playing around! Shane this time!

Jim Warfield
04-26-2010, 10:30 PM
are some chocolate sprinkles!
Yum!
"It's The Attack of the Confectionary!"
You cannot resist him.
He will tempt you, he will find you.
He will wrap you in cellophane, put you in a sunny store window and let you cook.
The flies won't kill you because they can't,
but they sure will drive you crazy!

damon carson
04-28-2010, 01:38 PM
Actually I like the look of it. That skin does look pretty realistic. What is your secret Shane? Also what did you paint it with?
Oh and Jims talking from expierce Damon this time. LOL!
Had to put that. Ha Ha!

graystone
04-30-2010, 06:16 PM
Here is the front and back of our staff badges I just approved ! Shane and its looks good huh? Shane this time!

Darkangel
04-30-2010, 06:55 PM
Those are very cool. Your staff will be wearing them during the show?

DA

graystone
04-30-2010, 08:31 PM
Yes not the actors but concession, ticket, management, out side guys! Shane and it's I really think they turned out cool! Shane this time!

terrormasue
04-30-2010, 09:33 PM
I want one. Shane very nice, very disturbing.......

Darkangel
05-01-2010, 08:13 AM
Cool. I was thinking more of the out side people of course! Professionall looking too.

DA

brad
05-01-2010, 10:25 AM
Dammit Shane!!! I just got off work and I'm laying in bed and I just saw your badges.

For starters, they look very well done and very professional!!

BUT!!!... I am absolutely deathly afraid of spiders. And now that I just saw that, I'm probly gonna have some bad dreams today!!

Thanks a lot buddy!!!

graystone
05-03-2010, 08:25 AM
Finally got the keys Saturday! After Months and Months of Paper Work! Shane and its let the games begin! Shane this time!

IF YOUR 555
05-03-2010, 11:52 AM
Thats awsome Shane, its been a long wait. Wish you the best with the new beast!

VSneader2
05-03-2010, 04:27 PM
Congrats, now get to work, we want to see some build photos. lol

Dreamreaper
05-03-2010, 08:12 PM
Congrats, now get to work, we want to see some build photos. lol

Hope you make it in time.

Darkangel
05-03-2010, 08:30 PM
It's only May 3rd not like it's July or August he should have plenty if time!

altered flesh fx
05-10-2010, 10:05 PM
Shane that looks insanely awesome. I wish you nothing but the best!! and i love the animal pics. i paint animals as a hobby if you have some extra time check out my other site
www.martinez-garciaart.com
and i'll use the words 'extra time' loosely :)

chuck weber
05-11-2010, 04:27 PM
would love to have a t-shirt with that photo/logo on it...... let me know when any shirts will be available thanks. need 4XL size (a few of them)

graystone
05-11-2010, 08:05 PM
Knocking out small stuff. These are pictures of a private party room that will be at Disturbia the room will hold 75 to 85 people. This room will be for birthday parties, VIP parties, Halloween parties. When the walls are done I got a guy coming in to do some airbrush artwork on the walls then I will put in the tables and chairs. If you can see right about the white stripe which will soon be Orange there is a neon light that goes all the way around the room! Shane and its party time! Shane this time!

graystone
05-11-2010, 08:12 PM
Working on ticket area too. Got the metal wire ordered which will go in front of the windows up to top for security. Shane and its how many? Shane this time!

mudsticky
05-12-2010, 01:16 AM
u all doing a good job

robisc
05-12-2010, 11:58 AM
Got a chance to check it out yesterday, and wow this place is gonna be huge! And Shane has got some great ideas and plans that will no doubt be very "disturbing". I am looking forward to it for sure as I know everyone in North Alabama will be impressed as it has been a long time coming for Huntsville and glad youre here now Shane and thanks for taking time out yesterday when I stopped by, try not to get too overwhelmed.

graystone
05-12-2010, 07:27 PM
Ty I been overwelmed for months LOL! Glad you stoped by! Ronnie aka voodoowilly stoped by before you did it was good to see you guys! Shane and its pop in anythime! Shane this time!

graystone
05-20-2010, 08:24 PM
Slowly were getting the small stuff done like ticket booth, party room, and gift shop! Photo 1 is inside party room still like a little trim and then the artist will come in and do the walls with some cool art. Photo 2 is the outside of party room. Photo 3 is where the gift shop will be. Photo 4 and 5 is the wall going up that will house our security monitors. Shane and its slowly but surly! Shane this time!

Darkangel
05-20-2010, 08:27 PM
Looking good!

terrormasue
05-20-2010, 08:40 PM
Shane, simply amazing!! Here you are with all of this and I don't even have my conession stand finished, LOL!!! It's looking more like I will be out to help you this year. Send the BUS!!! But really, very happy for you!!! Looking great!!

Darkangel
05-20-2010, 09:22 PM
Shane,

Are you doing the building youself or did you get contractors to build it for you?

DA

graystone
05-20-2010, 09:28 PM
The small stuff you see right now were doing. The haunt will be build using a contractor. Shane and its that will start soon! Shane this time!

chuck weber
05-20-2010, 09:52 PM
it's gonna be awesome !!!!!

Fear Unfathomed
05-21-2010, 12:57 AM
Looks amazing!!!

Front Yard Fright
05-22-2010, 12:45 AM
It's looking great Shane!

One thing I was wondering... Have you considered maybe doing an arcade in one of your other rooms? I think it would be another great source of revenue!

Anyway, keep up the great work and keep the pics comin'!
:).

Darkangel
05-22-2010, 08:35 AM
Shane,

What's the square footage of your new space?

Thanks,

DA

xtremecreator
05-22-2010, 09:08 AM
Shane has 100,000 square feet!

Darkangel
05-22-2010, 10:20 AM
That's HUGE!!!! Too much space maybe?

DA

Jim Warfield
05-23-2010, 08:42 AM
Only if the property tax man is too aggressive.
Otherwise is there ever really enough space?
I now have a large garage packed full of "things", I can barely walk through it, which doesnot make me "happy", but what did I do before I had this storage space?
I had all of these things before I didn't run out and get a bunch of new junk.
Another of life's perpetual mysterys...

graystone
05-25-2010, 07:35 PM
Thanks for the word up! Shane and its COOL! Shane this time!

chuck weber
05-25-2010, 07:51 PM
is this new? (the website?) glad I found you. lots of great news and info..... thanks.....

txaschainsaw
05-27-2010, 03:32 PM
Hey Shane! Looks amazing!

Im jealous!

One thing that comes to mind though, are you sure you wont have any troubles with copyrights? I know theres a movie named Disturbia too...

http://www.disturbia.com/

But other than that i think it will turn out to be quite the impressive haunt!

I second on the arcade idea as well.

-Austin

chuck weber
05-27-2010, 04:05 PM
love the slideshow of DISTRUBIA allready on there. great photos. your website is awesome and very easy to navigate. I'll be a regular viewer to be sure.

MovieRelics
05-27-2010, 10:47 PM
Thanks Chuck,

I appreciate that. I'm hoping that everyone will find it easy to use and valuable.

Darkangel
05-28-2010, 07:13 AM
I don't know if it will be valuable to people, since it's mostly stuff they already can see here...Unless I;m missing something?

Nice site though, easy to navigate..

DA

terrormasue
05-28-2010, 07:31 AM
OK Shane we are ready for MORE PHOTOS!!! More please, may I have more? I should be ready to corpse a few buckeys soon. I will call you for more infor. Can't wait for DISTURBIA to open!!!

graystone
05-29-2010, 09:32 PM
Sue here is my girl! Shane and it I am no Rude Boy! Shane this time!

e82VE8UtW8A

Darkangel
05-30-2010, 08:06 AM
Shane,

So the next time we see you will you be wearing Jordan's, a wife beater, baggy shorts past your knees and a baseball hat with no bend on the bill???

DA

graystone
05-30-2010, 08:14 AM
I figured you and Damon would enjoy that! Shane and its I will protect that beauty queen! Shane this time!

Darkangel
05-30-2010, 08:17 AM
Im actually a little confused by her though. Didn't she get a serious beat down by her aggressive boyfriend not long ago? This song basically suggests she wants another aggressive boyfriend.... I can't figure these R&B singers out... Also, is it me or has she packed on a few pounds for this video? She won't catch Beyonce at this rate......

Shane, will you you playing her videos in your que line? LOL Just messing with you Shane!

DA

graystone
05-30-2010, 08:21 AM
It's the camera it add's a few pounds! On the que line naw although I might through some on just as were getting ready to open! I dunno my age should be going more with the oldies 80's and 90's but I do love alot of the new top 40! Dark do you know who Ke$ha is? her song cracks me up! She is on tour with my babe! Oh yeah I love me some Pink too!Shane and its come on bust a move! Shane this time!

Darkangel
05-30-2010, 08:30 AM
I think I know of two songs by Ke$ha, the first two releases so I don't know which song you're talking about in particular and I've not really listened to them to be honest... Maybe she has a new song I haven't heard from yet...?

DA

coasterfreak63
05-30-2010, 11:29 AM
Shane how many houses will you have in this huge building, just one or is this going to be a mult-ihaunt event?

graystone
05-30-2010, 12:35 PM
Just one this year and to be honest its such a big undertaking its more of a teaser year than anything if you know what I mean. I expect 3 total when were done! I know it want be as big as my other one was but Graystone was not either in its first year! As my my great friend Paul Johnson said baby steps Shane, Baby steps! Shane and its keep me in your thoughts guys! Shane this time!

xtremecreator
05-31-2010, 10:36 AM
Wow Shane only one!

what if you get the big crowds? There will be a very long line. Im not trying to tell you what to do or tell you something you dont already know. But the more houses you have the more people you can put through........I had trouble with only two houses..........

Just a thought

Xteme

coasterfreak63
05-31-2010, 11:36 PM
Long lines just means you have to keep them entertained while waiting of couse ;)

It looks like Shane has everything in place to just have an amazing haunted attraction, just a perfect building and hes doing all the right things with it, I love the party room idea just a great idea for a haunt.

I can't wait to follow his progress and see the haunt at it peak in a couple of years.

UnDeRTaKer313
06-01-2010, 08:42 AM
I dislike haunted houses with 3 or 4 mediocore haunted houses.
Much rather see 1 huge good haunted house.

Were thinking of combining our two houses into one.

Because people end up waiting in line the same amount of time it is just broken up over the number of houses you have.

Everything looks amazing shane!

Motograter
06-02-2010, 04:23 PM
It's looking good Shane

Darkangel
06-02-2010, 07:06 PM
I agree with Nick people throw 3-4 haunts out there and they really should consolidate and make one or two really good ones. People expect to wait or their can buy an upgrade speed ticket, Keep it simple and do one or two beyond that they get sick of waiting in a line 3-4 times rather than one or two..

DA

Jim Warfield
06-02-2010, 07:10 PM
.."and since I Love to stand in a line, I'm going back there next year! "
Really?
What makes them decide to return?

Time to begin this thread.

halloweenroom
06-03-2010, 02:05 PM
sweet! cant wait for the interior pics! Keep us posted

elowther
06-06-2010, 12:30 PM
Tons of work I know Shane! Thanks for posting your progress. It's exciting for us to see your dream come together. Looking great so far.

Eric

newhorror2010
06-07-2010, 09:11 AM
Long lines just means you have to keep them entertained while waiting of couse ;)

It looks like Shane has everything in place to just have an amazing haunted attraction, just a perfect building and hes doing all the right things with it, I love the party room idea just a great idea for a haunt.

I can't wait to follow his progress and see the haunt at it peak in a couple of years.

Long lines can be a great thing! I think that if people drive up to your haunt & see you have a long line they will wait like all the rest. Our place has long lines each season, I know if it were me driving up to the haunted house & I saw the lines I'd most likely be thinking 'this is going to be bad a$$! just look at the number of people waiting to get in!'
I believe if the crowd is small people driving up may think 'is it really worth stopping to check out?'
We have a few actors outside that do a great job entertaining our guests, they get the patrons all pumped up & ready for what awaits them inside.
Last season was my last one acting, in knowing this I quickly went to the front of the building in full costume (Dr. Shock) & scared several people waiting in line before finally going back inside! It was incredible!

graystone
06-08-2010, 08:58 PM
Disturbia has a new addition!!!! In addition to the Insane Shane Tour Bus aka the Silver Queen and the Hearse aka Dr. Death I now have the Classic Rolls Royce! Named The Black Cloud! This will be used in promotions for the new haunt! Shane and its with my chauffeur driving cap on! Shane this time!

P.S. in te first pic for those who don't know thats Steve my bus driver yup I made him drive him home!

SilentScream
06-08-2010, 11:45 PM
Hey Shane, Ryan here!! If you ever need anyone to wax that beauty, I'm just a few hours south of you, in Montgomery... Looking forward to watching Disturbia take form, nice addition.

VSneader2
06-09-2010, 05:06 AM
P.S. in the first pic for those who don't know thats Steve my bus driver yup I made him drive him home!

You wouldn't have to make me drive it I would volunteer. That is one nice ride.

soultrkr
06-09-2010, 07:26 AM
wow shane that is very nice you going to keep the current paint job on it or get a new one?

graystone
06-09-2010, 08:34 AM
I am having a thunderstorm theme put on it lots of dark gray and black clouds with lightning! Ronnie aka Voodoo Willy one of my crew boys for Disturbia has me thinking maybe I should leave it as the classic it is LOL. Shane and its I am open to suggestions! Shane this time!

Raycliff Manor
06-09-2010, 08:46 AM
Shane, one word comes to mind... SWEET! :D

Kel

MDKing
06-09-2010, 09:08 AM
Great car! I love Rolls Royces my father and oldest brother's name is Royce!

Shane, you're not going to wrap or paint this car are you? This might be better to keep in the garage and not as part of your haunt marketing, just too rare and classy.

Allan

Darkangel
06-09-2010, 09:12 AM
Shane,

Parden me, would you have any Grey Poupon?

DA

graystone
06-09-2010, 10:14 AM
I dunno its all fun. Many have asked to see more work photos., Honestly the first haunt wall has yet to go up! I was misdirected on some paper work and its one of those things " oh were sorry or oh I am sorry" either way the Firemarshall, Building Inspector, Zoning, Planing all have been more than nice and supportive so its hard to get an attatude when you got people helping and working with you. I have a big crew coming in for the walls which should be very soon now so they will get them knocked out real quick.

Tim from House of Horrors said it would be late next month ( July) if I understood right before he even got in his building and hes going to open. Eric from Haunted OverLoad moving and being behind its just how it is in this business ups and downs but I have said it 1000 times over " If it were easy everyone would be doing it!" I am not stressing I have the support of this Industry your love and compassion towards me keeps me focused and I love you all for that! Without you guys I could not do this I don't think.

Remember I only brought a few of my old family from my old haunt and those were the ones who were my spine and backbone. The others stayed and I would think as much time as they have had they should be ready to open if it were today if not then thats not saying much. The point is time is our ememy and you can only do what time allows and NOT ONE DAY MORE! Anyway pics will roll in soon and again GOD BLESS EACH AND EVERYONE OF YOU FOR ALL THE SUPPORT YOU HAVE SHOW HERE AND IN YOUR CALLS AND EMAILS! Shane and its I love you guys! Shane this time!

chuck weber
06-09-2010, 10:50 AM
We know you'll get more photos up when you have them. I think most will agree that the "new life" and SUPER-POSITIVE energy you have put into this industry, well, any move you make, or project you're involved with, we wanna know about it! Good luck and continued success! All the best, chuck

The Doctor
06-10-2010, 02:28 AM
We're on schedule Shane thanks. By the way I added the link to the disturbia webpage found on your facebook page to www.graystonemanor.net per the contract. If you would like to email me the graphic for your haunt I would be glad to size it the same as the one for ours and replace the place holder graphic I created. I didn't want to just copy your copyrighted art with out getting your permission.

Good luck Shane I know you will put on a great show this year.

graystone
06-10-2010, 08:02 AM
Thanks for the compliment that was nice it made me feel good. Again guys hang tight I can say my prop room is looking cool! Also I got in some cool embalming gurneys ( never seen these before) I will snap some pics today. I got 3 custom silicone mask being done, I got lots of things going on.... reworked my floor plan I got to give David the credit for that. I'm also getting lots done in other ways TV, Radio, marketing is my thing!!! I am overwhelmed but with my friends support I will be just fine!!! Oh I got to say my good friend Paul Johnson and hes crew who I think the world of hooked me up with some real embalming freezer doors from the 20's they are off the wall you guys will love them! Here is a picture of them got 9 thanks to them! Shane and its pick a door! Shane this time!

elowther
06-10-2010, 08:54 AM
Just keep plugging along Shane. You have a good plan and it's all coming together. That's awesome about the freezer doors! Thanks for even taking the time to post photos of your progress with all you have going on. It's great to see the project and hear about each stage as it happens.

Eric

OblivionHauntedHouse
06-10-2010, 09:52 AM
Shane those freezer doors are AMAZING. I cannot wait to see when you get stuff up. I tell ya - you are so right about the support of this site and everyone on it. I come on here daily to get pumped and ready to haunt (I am losing steam quickly)

To all the haunts I know about opening (or re opening this year) IE Disturbia, Haunted Overload, Arx, Front yard Fright - Keep with it guys! You do amazing work! Thanks for all the kind words you send on my end!

graystone
06-10-2010, 11:30 AM
Come in chat tonight we got some folks coming in to talk and update us on their progress! Shane and its yell at me! Shane this time!

damon carson
06-10-2010, 11:53 AM
Looking good! "BOY"!!!!! LOL! I always liked the Tall Man.
Damon

OblivionHauntedHouse
06-10-2010, 11:58 AM
I am in there now and no one is there. :(

IHAUNT
06-10-2010, 02:04 PM
.........Looking good! "BOY"!!!!! LOL! I always liked the Tall Man.
Damon ....

"You play a good game boy, but the game is over..."

Angus Scrimm as the 'Tall Man".

I've got to agree with you Damon, one of my faves as well!

Tom

Slain
06-10-2010, 02:42 PM
He was a great guy when he was at our place.
Very sharp (mind) for his age...BOY!

.........Looking good! "BOY"!!!!! LOL! I always liked the Tall Man.
Damon ....

"You play a good game boy, but the game is over..."

Angus Scrimm as the 'Tall Man".

I've got to agree with you Damon, one of my faves as well!

Tom

IHAUNT
06-10-2010, 03:37 PM
Where is your place Slain?

You had him at your Haunt?

How Cool!

Tom.

graystone
06-10-2010, 04:15 PM
My Buddy Paul aka Slain owns Atrox in Leeds right outside of Birmingham AL. They have all the cool celebrities at Atrox Robert Englund, Elvira, Linda Blair, just to name a few they get the best! Shane and its I am still waiting on Dee Wallace Stone! Shane this time!

graystone
06-10-2010, 07:04 PM
I bought these 3 from Steve Black I have never seen embalming gurneys before I have some real embalming tables but again no gurneys they are cool and creepy! Steve good seeing you at MHC! Shane and its Thanks Again! Shane this time!!

jakprintsHAUNT
06-10-2010, 09:17 PM
The old saying "they dont make em like they used to" definitely fits in the creepiness factor of vintage medical related items..the older it is the creepier it looks....love this old stuff!

Mike "Pogo" Hach

graystone
06-11-2010, 09:00 PM
Hummm prop room is getting full of new stuff and old stuff I brought with me from Graystone. Shane and it's I still got tons coming in! Shane this time.

graystone
06-11-2010, 09:11 PM
Here is some samples of some of the panels we will use. I got several more types coming in other than these. Shane and its fun stuff! Shane this time!

Slain
06-14-2010, 04:13 PM
Where is your place Slain?

You had him at your Haunt?

How Cool!

Tom.

Tom..
Each weekend we have a different celebrity at Atrox.. www.atroxfactory.com..
Angus was a trip. He was very theatrical and sharp for his age. The tall man was pretty damn scary when I was young..Just had to bring him in..

scattered screams
06-14-2010, 04:51 PM
Shane I think you have one to many caskets, so I'll take a couple off your hands.

Just kidding LOL

Anyway looking forward to see this all come together.

Andrew

newhorror2010
06-18-2010, 08:30 AM
Death Row aquired one of these beauties last year sometime, heavy as hell! Ours wasn't on wheels though! We got ours from an old crematorium (right spelling? oh well) that was being gutted from the inside itself to eventually become a church. Funny cause the outside already looked like a church! We also got a few cool looking coffins as well as 2 baby coffins. Never seen any THAT small before! Anyways Shane, SCORE on your table!

Also just trying to help make the "Are you a christian" thread disappear again, even if only temporarily. No I am not, BUT I still believe in God. I wouldn't be alive if it were not for HIM. I don't see what my religion or lack of in this case has ANYTHING to do with my love for Halloween / haunted houses OR the Halloween forum.

graystone
06-18-2010, 09:19 AM
Yeah I got 2 porcelain tables (weight about 300lbs) that came from a funeral home too. These are fiberglass tables I assume for rolling bodies around they weight just a little more than a regular stretcher! As far as the thread as much as I want to respond more to it esp some of the last post I want. Shane and its we need to keep the thread but its time to let it die! Shane this time.

graystone
06-21-2010, 05:36 PM
Thanks for all the emails, text and calls. Here is the deal I did not get the right paperwork in on time it was part my fault and part the cities for misinformation and part the company I am dealing with. We all worked together and have got it submitted and its all to do with the parking lot of all things and because of that I can't get my building permit yet ( key word yet). Yeah this sucks and makes it harder but I got determination it's just something to deal with. I knew this when I moved but again I had to free myself from the past headaches! I am still getting to do painting and things like that I have talked with the builder and as soon as the paper comes back I will put 2 shift crews on 3 if I have to!!! Down side I still got to wait 3 weeks but if Tim can get in his building in mid Aug and still open there is no reason I cant get in in July and still open!

The way I look at it had I started in January it still would not be what I wanted again I am starting from the ground up but at the end of the day you do what you got to do. Part of me want's to wait a year and the other says Shane you will not be happy if you dont thats just how it is. I am determined to pull off the impossible! I know my friends at Atrox has been working and so has all my other haunt buddies you know who you are. Again my haunt friends support has me driven, well that and the fact that I am sure there is a few out there that would be happy if I didn't but that's their problem and worry not mine!

Lastly to all you haunt guys that's called and said tell me when and where and we will be there I may just take you up on that! I assure you a nice room and a fun time with plenty to eat for sure, again it makes me feel like the biggest person in the world and its all because of you guys!

We have been doing filming and all this will make for a great informative video not to mention there may be a TV show to come out of all of this its a whirl wind guys! Again I will keep you posted and there will be more pictures and walls to show soon! I have also decied to use more vacume forum to help catch up and the contractor is going to start building wall panels to help play catch up that way when given the go ahead we will be one step ahead so I DO HAVE A PLAN! Keep me in your thoughts as you always do and again I really love you guys! Shane and its a guy with a plan! Shane this time!

elowther
06-21-2010, 06:06 PM
Just keep plugging along Shane. I thought about waiting a year as well but you lose so much momentum that way. We are all behind you and some of us in the same boat. Thanks for updating us on your progress. You have a lot of support and good looking stuff that will come together fast once you get the paperwork.

Eric

iamscared2009
06-21-2010, 07:08 PM
Shane, keep going dont give up!!

I am new to the boards here,but I love, love, love Halloween..I have been designing low cost Halloween items for a company in China for many years, they sell the items i design to walmart,biglots walgreens..

by reading your post these past few months, you have inspired me to do a haunted house on the west coast, I have started working on some high end props for my haunted house...i am building and sculpting most of the stuff myself, but i will not do the haunted house till 2011...

I log on to this site everyday,(sometimes 3-4 times a day) just to read your posts and see how your coming on your haunted house...

You can get it done!! put good thoughts out there and it will happen, keep going dont give up!!

Maybe i will see you at some of the haunt trade shows next year...

jay and yen

graystone
06-21-2010, 08:10 PM
Its post like yours from total strangers who make my day. Dont get me wrong I love all my Industry friends and they all know that but to recieve a post like that just makes me feel really great its hard to even explain just to know your thoughts and how you feel towards something I did or said is the best thing in the world to me and much needed.

Some said I was crazy to walk away from a top attraction ( hey I am Insane Shane) but again all the fame and money in the world don't make one happy trust me on that. I needed to feel free and to be able to express myself without worrying what someone might think and now just to know when I do something I know it's for me and NO ONE ELSE!!! is AWSOME! When I buy something and spend my OWN money its for me and I don't have to share that with anyone! Again thank you for that post man I needed that! I brought Shaun my best friend, Justin, Michelle, Sherry, Corey, David ( who is truly my right hand man), Dennis and the Corn Stalkers and some of the Killen Fire Dept with me as well as my family and employees with my company and those are the people that mean the world to me but this Industry has taught me that I brought even more with me and thats a world of new and old friends who I never even realized were coming with me! They are my rock and support!

I also got Ben, Paul, Tim, Eric, and tons lending much needed support the list of names goes on and on and on I am one of the luckest guys in this Industry!

Lastly thanks you to Eric to know you and Tim and a few others are in the same boat with me just makes it alot easier! Shane and its all I can say is WOW! Shane this time!

graystone
06-23-2010, 10:49 PM
Ok wanted to give you guys a sneek peak at my first icon character the "Disturbing Insane Shane" Everyone knows that I love my good friends Wes and Ken at CFX and I will always use them but my good friend Brett hooked me up with this insane sculptor and mask designer Juan and let me say hes good! He took my thoughts and turned it into Disturbia's first official character. I wanted a morphing look and as you can see one side is differnet than the other with a suttle change over ! We got to add a little blood around the exposed brain area ( kinda hard to see in the pic but its where the stuff is oozing out of his head) and a little around the mouth and a lil here and there but not too much and a few swatches of hair here and there and were done! This is one of a few Juan will be doing for me as well as his first time to exhibit at TransWorld 2011. I will be introducing you more to him later and I might just share him ha! Again thanks Brett for introducing me to him and thanks Juan for bringing him to life for me! Shane and it's watch out guys Juan is up and coming! Shane this time!

IF YOUR 555
06-23-2010, 11:09 PM
Not a problem at all Shane, glad to help the madman of the south!

jakprintsHAUNT
06-24-2010, 05:48 AM
that mask looks great!

that is silicone right?

Mike "Pogo" Hach

Darkangel
06-24-2010, 06:11 AM
Definitely silicone.

Looks great Shane, he did a nice job!

DA

altered flesh fx
06-24-2010, 08:40 AM
Shane, Thank You for the opportunity and i will send you pics of the blood and hair in a couple of days.

damon carson
06-24-2010, 03:42 PM
Looks great Shane!
Damon

Jim Warfield
06-24-2010, 05:33 PM
My House would not be anything like it is if I had a partner. I really lucked-out when his conservative Wife nixed partnership offer!
Infact I think it would have totally flopped!
So when you said that your filming in your new place might become a reality show..does this mean you will be practising temper-tantrums as you throw motorcycle parts around?
There it is! A new haunt character!

elowther
06-24-2010, 10:28 PM
Awesome job on that mask! Incredible looking icon character for sure. You have some top tallent working for you and they should be very proud of their work. Who's the lucky guy that gets to wear it? lol! Keep the photos coming Shane. We all look forward to seeing your project progress.

Eric

terrormasue
06-25-2010, 11:26 AM
Love the mask!! I like the way it is morphing into something more evil. The cysts that will soon give birth to horns are a very nice touch. We can all have two personalities just depends on how others look at it or us...... Pretty twisted and very creative. Very good work!! I am amazed every day at the talent that is found within our group. We are a creative bunch thats for sure!! Keep it up!

MDKing
06-25-2010, 11:35 AM
Great looking mask Shane!

Allan

altered flesh fx
06-25-2010, 08:34 PM
here is a link to a short video of Disturbia's "insane shane" silicone mask. Enjoy
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DoW07BiEijM

scarygoat
06-25-2010, 08:48 PM
Awesome! It's nice to see a video of the mask. Keep up the great work, Juan!

Raycliff Manor
06-26-2010, 02:22 AM
Very cool mask! I like it because it's unique, and of course because it looks awesome! :shock:

Kel

voodoo willy
06-28-2010, 09:55 PM
Great looking mask Chief...looks exactly like you described it. Can't wait to see it in person.

graystone
06-28-2010, 10:17 PM
Thanks Bro! Shane and it's I will be at the Haunt tomorrow! Shane this time!

PAT MATTHEWS/HOUSE OF WAX
06-30-2010, 03:05 PM
I cant wait to see some more pics or a video of the finished haunt.

OblivionHauntedHouse
07-01-2010, 11:06 AM
I cant wait to see some more pics or a video of the finished haunt.

Yeah, Shane! Get some more pics up! Ha ha! I know you are busy! :)

graystone
07-10-2010, 06:38 PM
Eric, Dewayne, Erick, my other haunt friends thats either moving or opening hows it going? My good friend Ben Armstrong stoped by yesterday it is always good to see him. Shane fill me in guys! Shane this time!

danglin
07-11-2010, 12:29 PM
Shane,
Good to hear from you. We are rocking and rolling at Folklore (Check out the "Folklore will open in 2010 thread". We have made a lot of progress this past week.
We are getting very excited.

I am hoping I get time to drive out and check out your building before the season starts.
Good luck Shane, and hang in there.

graystone
07-15-2010, 02:16 PM
All fun guys! More custom ones to come! Shane and its great work Juan! Shane this time!

DoW07BiEijM

OblivionHauntedHouse
07-15-2010, 02:21 PM
Eric, Dewayne, Erick, my other haunt friends thats either moving or opening hows it going? My good friend Ben Armstrong stoped by yesterday it is always good to see him. Shane fill me in guys! Shane this time!

Plugging away as usual - Just had our walk through with Minispotlight.com
Highly reccomend them.

We are about 80% done with construction, dressing and detailing. Then focussing on all of our actor coordination, training and finish up our costume/icon characters.

Got some custom sound done from a guy here - Pretty cool stuff. Also our first commercial is up. Check it out on our thread. Cannot wait to see more pics of your place!

-Erick

chuck weber
07-15-2010, 08:13 PM
love the swelling, itching, oozing brain effect! Can just imagine that face in a dark hallway! Gonna be a winner! keep up the great work!

GrimmHallows101
07-15-2010, 10:39 PM
Hey Shane is disturbia and Arx Mortis the same haunt?

Front Yard Fright
07-15-2010, 10:42 PM
Hey Shane is disturbia and Arx Mortis the same haunt?

Hopefully he doesn't mind me answering for him, but Distrubia is run by Shane and Arx Mortis is run by Shane's former business partner - At least that's my understanding. The two of them used to run Graystone Manor together.

GrimmHallows101
07-15-2010, 10:47 PM
ok then I got the wrong haunt on my list

graystone
07-15-2010, 10:48 PM
Thanks you answered it better than I would have! Shane and it's I will leave it at that! Shane this time!

graystone
07-17-2010, 05:26 PM
Found a cool surprise under the white tile ( that I hated) the floor is BLACK underneath! Thanks to Steve ( my bus driver) friends, family, crew as well as the Huntsville Theater League and Huntsville Acting Troupe for lending a hand we all got blisters! Shane and its get some rest gang! Shane this time!

Nightgore
07-17-2010, 06:09 PM
Shane, that's a very pleasant surprise! The pics are looking good... keep it up man, I'm sure DISTURBIA is going to be a sight to behold! -Tyler

graystone
07-26-2010, 05:07 PM
I am out of town on some private business just wanted to give everyone a shout out and say I have not forgot about you guys! I will have some construction pics for you real soon so you can actually see some walls! I got Scarefactory, Edge, some stuff I got from Jon all coming in next week or late this week also got more vacume panels coming in as well! The website looks amazing and it should be done in a few days as well!!!! Chris is kickin azz on the site!

I also wanted to see what you thought of my definition of Disturbia is. It has been driving me crazy so I got on the bus told Steve to drive and I would come out from the back when I was done lol. I could not come up with a story line I liked so I thought hell why not make a definition of Disturbia and go that route! So here ya go I am using it tell me what you think. There is no word Disturbia in the dictionary so here is my definition.

Disturbia....... Is a mental disturbance, an insanity so powerful that it controls and dominates ones mind........
Disturbia has a dark meaning to it. It's much more than being scary or creepy. Disturbia is about mind control, fear, phobias a deep darkness so unrealistic that your mind goes totally insane. You lose control of reality. Enter DISTURBIA where there are worse things than death! Shane Dabbs. There ya go! Shane and its what do you think? Shane this time!

Front Yard Fright
07-26-2010, 05:09 PM
Can't wait to see some pics of your progress Shane! See you Wednesday!

graystone
07-26-2010, 07:20 PM
See you soon. Shane and its a tired! Shane this time!

OblivionHauntedHouse
07-27-2010, 10:47 AM
Can't wait to see some pics of your progress Shane! See you Wednesday!

Wednesday? Whats wednesday? Is there a party that Oblivion wasnt invited to?

graystone
07-31-2010, 12:57 PM
matter and were working on everything had facebook ( Disturbia Haunted Attraction Huntsville Alabama) now we got myspace out of the way its http://www.myspace.com/disturbiahsv so get ready we will roll out the new website soon! Shane and its add me to your friends list! Shane this time!

Front Yard Fright
07-31-2010, 01:14 PM
I hear ya brother! I've been doing small stuff like that for the past week or so... It feels good to get SOMETHING done!

Hope everything's working out for you!

graystone
08-01-2010, 01:04 PM
This is just to funny! Well its not really but this dude was on WAFF TV ( Disturbias TV Station Neighbor) and his interview has already had over 1 million hits in 48 hours! I could not axcess the one with all the hits but this is the same one! Hes got free tickets to Disturbia for making my ass laugh off! This happened a few miles from the Haunt I will post the video remix next you will fall out laughing! Shane and its LMAO! Shane this time

dzsCUeDomGk&fearure=related

graystone
08-01-2010, 01:12 PM
LMAO check out the video remix they removed the other one! Shane and its still LMAO! Shane this time!

WYLTKNBvy9E