PDA

View Full Version : What show, other than TransWorld, will you attend this year?

SpookywoodsFX.com
03-14-2010, 03:16 PM
Being that TransWorld is not an option for us this year unfortunately, I would like to know what other show, if any, you all are going to attend. Feel free to give a reason as well. Vendors, I'm talking to you too. Missing TW is going to hurt us so we need to be sure iwe make the right call here so your feed-back is very much appreciated!

Raycliff Manor
03-14-2010, 04:40 PM
MHC without a doubt! :D

Kel

xxxdirk
03-14-2010, 04:44 PM
I am going to MHC. Had thought about Hauntcon, but Iwith each passing day, it seems Len is really unorganized this year so it wont be worth going to...

Banshee
03-14-2010, 05:36 PM
Midwest Haunters

BruiseMuse
03-14-2010, 07:22 PM
MHC! We'll be vending and I'll be teaching there once again.

Speculo
03-14-2010, 07:26 PM
Missed IAAPA for the first time in 13 years - Too busy, didn't want to go to Vegas.

Transworld is TOTALLY the focus -

85% on MHC - If so probably the bus as well, or maybe act at haunts don't know. That would be my reason to go, the tours and bring actors...
The thing here is it is Summer and I can bring my son without taking him out of school.

MIGHT jump on a plane and hit Hauntcon or National, totally up in the air on that one, gonna wait til after Transworld to decide, see how those show form and how busy we get.

These Auctions are also eating dates, two good ones, Realm and Horrors -

Too much travel! I scaled back last year and the world didn't collapse, so maybe I will be done after St. Louis? Don't know.

Think I am just going to wait til after St. Louis.

Thanks!

spookhaven
03-14-2010, 07:50 PM
National only because it's in our home state. MHC definately with a crew because it's an awesome convention to get the actors on board again for the year.

Badger
03-14-2010, 08:13 PM
I'll be at MHC for sure. Pretty sure I'll be at HC too...

SpookywoodsFX.com
03-14-2010, 08:32 PM
Here is a question geared more for the vendors. What buyers will we miss from TW that will not be at the other shows?

drfrightner
03-14-2010, 09:18 PM
The main group of buyers will be at TW...so you'll miss the main group. Some of the other shows are great but mostly lean one direction or another not always strickly on major buyers... the TW show leans 110% on buyers. TW spends the most on marketing all the different groups of buyers from amusement parks to corn mazes, to well you guessed it haunt owners.

All the shows get different amounts of haunt owners to visit but only one is getting everyone are most everyone. Larry

Allen H
03-14-2010, 09:30 PM
To answer your original question I will be vending at MHC and West coast haunt con. I am simply to busy during the spring to have time to vend the full run at TW, some years I dont even have time to go to TW.
Looking forward to the first West Coast Haunt convention and MHC.
Allen H

The Nightmare Factory
03-15-2010, 12:25 AM
West Coast Haunters Convention.

I have to say, that while the vast majority of large haunt owners will be at transworld ( I wish I could go) there is still a need for regional events like ours.

Yes the big boys are going to buy all thier new goodies at transworld and all the big vendors will be there too. However not everyone can get away, afford or want to go to "THE SHOW".

I wish all well, I hope to see pictures from the show floor please and remember if you are not going to TW, there is always a smaller local events you can attend.

Ed Roberts
WCHC
www.westcoasthauntersconvention.com

Barry
03-15-2010, 04:05 AM
Tony,
I think my answer is obvious. LOL However, for you, and the other vendors out there, we are getting a booth at TW this year with the goal of convincing even more of the haunt owners to come to Columbus in June. :)

damon carson
03-15-2010, 08:43 AM
Going to Transworld and Transworld only. Just my opinion. I would suggest you being at all the rest of the shows to make up for your loss.
Damon

ClusterOne
03-15-2010, 09:54 AM
Transworld and the new West Coast haunt convention. I can afford to drive a handful of actors/makeup people to Oregon, I can't afford to fly them to Columbus...wish I could.

Should be cool for them though.

-Joel-

drfrightner
03-15-2010, 11:17 AM
I know of a lot of haunt owners who go to MHC so they can pick up their stuff from Scarefactory or Unit 70 so that is a plus on their side. Looks like MHC will have the most haunt tours, and Ohio and PA are probably the two top haunt states so its basically a TIE there...

I don't understand Hauntcon and Orlando but Orlando is the getaway tourist city but we've all been there a thousand times so I don't know what he comes up with to draw in attendance so I'll hold out judgement on that one.

Hard to say. They all have pros and cons.

MHC has the most attendance I'd say like probably 10 to 1 but we sold the same amount of magazines at MHC basically as we did Hauntcon so again hard to say.

Larry

mommied
03-18-2010, 01:25 PM
I'll be at MHC, this will unfortunately be the first Hauntcon I've missed in 6 years.

The Nightmare Factory
03-18-2010, 07:25 PM
We might be new and we might not have the biggest list of vendors or the most tours, but here we are none the less. Oh, and we are not going anywhere either, I plan to be around for a while. I have learned so much from doing this event, that I can't wit to get roilling on next years show!

See you all in MAY.

Ed

zephro
03-19-2010, 01:09 AM
Pardon my ignorance, where can I learn at the MHC?

Chris

Dr Spooktakular
03-19-2010, 01:33 AM
MHC is like a mini Transworld. The vendor floor is much bigger than Hauntcon but about 1/4 to 1/2 the size of Transworld; none-the-less, last year was my first year and MHC was a great experience! Hands down it killed Hauntcon in my opinion. Classes were excellent and tend to be geared towards the acting/costumes/music side of haunting. This year, the Friday night haunt tour looks excellent and taking home at least 1 idea is worth the time and price, I have a feeling, one would walk away with tons of ideas. Again, the show floor and vendors are some of the top in the industry, atmosphere is very laid back and family friendly, I really enjoyed the Columbus area, plus it's only 1 1/2 hours away from Cincy, so I drove down and caught a baseball game too. On Saturday night, they have a huge party with costumes, makeup contests, etc... if you're into that sort of thing. Plus, they're also offering private classes on Sunday with some of the top haunters in the industry for more personalized 3-6 hour classes. I recommend this convention.