PDA

View Full Version : keeping the jaw open

jason
02-12-2007, 05:04 PM
how can you pose a bucky's mouth to stay open?

Joedog
02-12-2007, 05:56 PM
Direct from ScarlettP's Hubby

"Stretch the springs."

Can't make it any simpler than that.

jason
02-12-2007, 06:28 PM
Direct from ScarlettP's Hubby

"Stretch the springs."

Can't make it any simpler than that.

i've tempted that before however i just over-shot the stretching. try-try again (which can be expensive.)

Jim Warfield
02-12-2007, 06:30 PM
You could cut some straps (scraps) of sheet metal or better yet stainless steel about 1/2 wide by 4 inches long, drill some 1/8inch holes in the straps, 4 holes should be enough then bend the strap to the angle you want the jaw to maintain and drill matching holes through the strap into the plastic Bucky jaw and underside of the skull, pop rivet the straps in place.
Paint the straps off-white to camoflauge them.
Using stainless steel instead of sheet metal gives alot more inflexibility but of course is alot harder to drill through.

Brckee1
02-12-2007, 10:36 PM
I just hold or prop the mouth open, drill a small hole through the side of the jaw into the skull, and drive a drywall screw to hold the jaw where I want. Cover the screw with paint or latex corpsing depending.
Jim H

jason
02-13-2007, 08:07 AM
I just hold or prop the mouth open, drill a small hole through the side of the jaw into the skull, and drive a drywall screw to hold the jaw where I want. Cover the screw with paint or latex corpsing depending.
Jim H

awww that's the step i missed when trying to srew in the jaw. i remember seeing the how-to process on a video (thanks to josh) but i was missing one vital step.

thanks again for the reminders and new tips!

dr0zombie
02-14-2007, 10:07 AM
When I have done the corpse gig I used a put of the "skin" material to make a cheek with a ledge of sorts on the inside. Makes for a nice screaming rotted guy.... or baked guy.... or... whatever....

mrskeleton
03-10-2008, 10:38 PM
Here is a video of the aged look on the Bucky skull from mrskeleton.com (www.mrskeleton.com)

See our HAUNTWORLD introduction post here (http://www.hauntworld.com/haunted_house_forums/showthread.php?p=29888#post29888)

LD2QRXX180k&feature=related