PDA

View Full Version : TW Badges?

Nightgore
03-16-2010, 09:02 AM
So, this time last year I already had our badges in hand for TW... Has anybody else received their badges for the show? Just wondering since it's like next week! Thanks! -Tyler

imax
03-16-2010, 09:19 AM
Yes, I received my badges about 2 weeks ago. It's time for you to call and check on them if you don't have them! A week is barely enough time to mail things anymore...

Jordan24
03-16-2010, 09:24 AM
Yup, we got all ours about two or three weeks ago...

FablesStudios
03-16-2010, 09:39 AM
we just got ours last week.

Peter T
FS

ps. Chicago area...

Nightgore
03-16-2010, 09:46 AM
WTF!! Thanks guys... I have 12 people registered to attend and I've not received one badge. I just emailed them, lets hope we hear something soon!

Thanks again! -Tyler

Mr. Malice
03-16-2010, 09:55 AM
Two weeks ago received 3 of the 5 I registered. I called Donna @ transworld. She said they had a problem and I would receive them shortly. Well 7 days later, NO BADGES! Once again I made a call and Donna was going to send them out yesterday. If I don't have them in my hand by this friday, they can over night them to me at their expense.

Funny how the owners of the company, and write the checks, didn't get badges but the people that help us out did.

BruiseMuse
03-16-2010, 09:56 AM
We received ours over 2 weeks ago.

freak 'n' stein
03-16-2010, 10:29 AM
Registered two weeks ago and got mine last friday!!!

jakprintsHAUNT
03-16-2010, 10:37 AM
yeah, got mine 2 weeks ago.

Mike "Pogo" Hach

hauntedjack
03-16-2010, 10:44 AM
Nightgore I am just curious what the reason is for bringing so many people. You only have one haunt, why do you need 12 attendants? Are you bringing the janitor? No offense intended I just don't understand why people bring so many. We are bringing five. All we are worried about is covering the bases on what is business in St. Louis. But that is just me. BTW I have all of my badges.

Nightgore
03-16-2010, 03:39 PM
We have three haunts... and almost 90% of our staff (owners, concessions, costuming, make-up, GM, marketing, etc. etc.) is coming.

Thanks for the help guys... talked to Donna, sending them out again! She also told me badges are available at the check in counter in case I don't get them... it's just the headache of that mess I'm trying to avoid! -Tyler

Darkangel
03-16-2010, 04:00 PM
Tyler,

Do you have 3 different haunts and locations, or one haunt that has three haunts.

DA

freak 'n' stein
03-16-2010, 08:13 PM
Tyler,

Do you have 3 different haunts and locations, or one haunt that has three haunts.

DA

I'm gonna take a stab at this one, based on the blog, ONE location with THREE haunts...

...post script: way to hijack a thread, lol!

hauntedjack
03-16-2010, 08:14 PM
Hey, no offense was meant. I was just curious, sometimes I think people turn the convention into a petting zoo (for lack of a better term). I don't personally see what concessions can possibly gain from transworld but who knows. I can see some with the marketing department, but anyway. Like a said no offense and I hope you ALL have fun.

Nightgore
03-16-2010, 10:39 PM
Well, I know Shane is going to have an amazing seminar on concessions/food sales... so that's why they are coming. It's all good.

It's one location with three haunts... but each haunt is operated with it's own crew, manager, etc. etc.

Thanks for all the help guys! -Tyler

ScreamParkBarnibus
03-17-2010, 01:00 AM
Hey, no offense was meant. I was just curious, sometimes I think people turn the convention into a petting zoo (for lack of a better term). I don't personally see what concessions can possibly gain from transworld but who knows. I can see some with the marketing department, but anyway. Like a said no offense and I hope you ALL have fun.

Then what is the point of a convention? Who says that we won't be professional?

hauntedjack
03-17-2010, 01:45 AM
Then what is the point of a convention? Who says that we won't be professional?

The point of the convention is honestly to learn/purchase props and techniques to better the haunt. Since you asked me I will go into my theory on how the convention should be treated as I see it. It is the "bosses" decision and best interest to go to the convention and weigh out what is important and what is not important. There are circumstances where a member of the "crew" has more knowledge than the "boss"...it happens all the time. FOR THE MOST PART the boss SHOULD have enough general knowledge to take the information distributed at the convention and relay it to the "crew". Like I said there are instances where you need/must have SOME crew there to back up what you (as a "boss") does not know. For instance...I am bringing four people with me to the convention. All of these people play a KEY roll in the smooth operation of my haunt...

First off there is Me- I am the owner and the complete decision maker for the haunt.

Second I am bringing my "tech guy"- He knows, and understands everything pneumatic, controlled, or triggered...Lets face it, I know I don't fully understand nearly as much as he does in this field and there is no way possible for me to relay the CORRECT information back, it is his job to FIND that correct information.

Third I am bringing my lead construction manager- He is an experienced welder, fabricator, and anything else you can think of that has to be built. He will be there to look at the props and figure out the construction behind them because lets face it, when it comes to pneumatic props they break all the time. He can tell me where their weaknesses can/will be before we even purchase them. Put it to you this way...I will already have an IDEA on what it will cost me to fix the prop before I purchase.

Fourth and Fifth I am bringing my lead decorators- Lets face it, anyone that has ever been to the convention know that they will pick up several decorating ideas, tips, and help choose in products for decorating on the convention floor. I can't tell you how many times my decorators looked at a prop and said "that would look good in a room".

The advertising crew is useless at the convention because all of their data that they can take in can be done over a phone.

The concession crew....I am sorry but give me a break. I am not in any way downgrading Shanes seminar, in fact I may check it out. But I don't think that he will go over anything that the "boss" cannot relay to his concession crew.

Once again, these are my opinions, and I am not saying that you will not act professional, but I think that the convention has turned into a "reward". The convention should be for the decision makers not for an actor who just scared a lot of people, or an employee who had perfect attendance. Seminars can be good but should be chosen wisely. The convention is a learning experience, but if you have to visit too many seminars, you are not a professional haunter YET and should be there with VERY few people. If you were at the earlier transworld convention (2003 and earlier) you would know exactly what I am talking about. Now, that being said, me and the other four that I am taking are going to have a blast, but the convention floor is STRICTLY business to us as it has been in years past. I can't tell you how many employees of mine want me to bring them to the convention, but they serve no purpose there. I have taken them to other haunts way out of our region, but not to the convention. They have no business being there. I will say again...No offense is intended, but you did ask.

Nightgore
03-17-2010, 08:29 AM
Jack,

Thanks for the criticism... It's all good but rest assured that each person coming with us is a KEY member in our operation! Everyone right down the the marketing guy has input into what we look at and buy... they may come up with an idea that our design may not.

I myself am only taking one seminar... I do not have time to attend several seminars like I have in the past and rather than pass along "some" information... I'd rather have that person sit in on that particular seminar. We'll be doing the same at MHC but with that we do use it as a "reward"... as several of the acting crew will be going with us!

As far as St. Louis is concerned... everyone going is instrumental to our business... it's MUCH more than just scaring people and running the haunts.

Since my original question has been addressed and I hope taken care of, can I have the thread closed? No sense in keeping this alive anymore, I think the problem has been solved.

-Tyler

Badger
03-17-2010, 02:42 PM
So, this time last year I already had our badges in hand for TW... Has anybody else received their badges for the show? Just wondering since it's like next week! Thanks! -Tyler

Must. Resist. Comment...

http://www.in-sect.com/scr/Steenking_badges.jpg

;)

MovieRelics
03-17-2010, 04:28 PM
lol, considering even your forum name is Badger, I must applaud your restraint.