PDA

View Full Version : i-KAM What the heck is it???

sbb
03-17-2010, 04:51 PM
Well, actually it is called i-KAM XTREME 3.0

In simple terms it is a self contained video recording system built into a pair of eyeglasses.

We have just secured a dealership for these video systems and will be offering them for sale to anyone that is interested. Due to fact that we just finalalized the dealership today, we will be unable to have a booth at Transworld since we can only attend on Fri. and Sat. We will have a small number that we could sell direct on Fri. or Sat. if someone wants to set up a meeting with us. Our pricing will be $175.00 per unit. PM me or Email me at sblack@shentel.net and we can work something out.

Going forward we will setting up a website for these as well as a few other products that I represent. We also plan to talk with MHC folks and hope to be organized by then and have a booth there.

Now about the glasses.

The new i-KAM Xtreme 3.0 is the latest hands free video recorder. It makes the helmet camera obsolete! They are so lightweight and versatile that the list of uses is endless. There are no wires or battery packs, just a lightweight pair of glasses that is capable of recording 2.5 to 3 hours of unsurpassed quality video & audio footage. That footage can then be easily downloaded onto your computer for playback or editing.

Eyewear Features:

4 quality interchangeable lenses
3MP digital video camera
4GB built-in memory for approximately 3 hours of video
Micro SD card slot for up to 8GB of memory
Easy operation button
Easy PC/laptop connection (no driver needed)
Glossy black frame finish

Included Eyewear Accessories:

User instruction manual
AC adapter
Cleaning cloth
Hard bodied carrying case
USB cable
Interchangeable polarized lenses in smoke, brown, yellow and clear

Eyewear Specs:

170mm x 160mm x 40mm Folded Measurement
39g Physical Weight
Read speed 700kbs/Write speed 500kbs
Embedded 550mAh Li-polymer battery for 2.5 - 3 hours power duration
5V DC/500mAh Power adapter
Built in 4GB memory with support for maximum 8GB Micro SD card
736 x 480 resolution
AVI Video format
Stereo audio
3 mega pixel pinhole CMOS camera
30fps Recording speed
23F - 104F Working temp
-4F - 176F Storage temp
Supports Windows Media Player, Quicktime, Real Player, Storm CodeC
Requires Win98, WinMe, WinXP, Win2000, Windows Vista Operating System

You can also check out the manufacturer website at www.predatoroutdoorproducts.com

Thanks for checking out this product, Steve Black

Jolly Pumpkin
03-17-2010, 05:11 PM
How well does this do in pitch black darkness? If you are marketing this towards people who own haunts or are involved in the industry I'm assuming it does very well in pitch black enviornments. I'm very interested in this if it does well in the dark. Can you post a video using the camera inside a very dark room?

Allen H
03-17-2010, 11:02 PM
Unfortunately they do not do well in the dark, I have a pair and have tried to use them in a haunt enviornment and it was to dark to get a good image. I am looking into letting my security use them to record he questioning of gusts who assault customers. They have uses but they arent quite where I need them to be for my haunt's Actors.
this video was shot with these glasses in a well lit parking lot. There is some hope if you have a bright midway that the glasses will work there. If you listen you can hear someone asking about my glasses and another person saying "it's a video camera"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-iQt-AnUdjk
Allen H

sbb
03-18-2010, 12:49 PM
Questions from Noah:

How well does this do in pitch black darkness? If you are marketing this towards people who own haunts or are involved in the industry I'm assuming it does very well in pitch black enviornments. I'm very interested in this if it does well in the dark. Can you post a video using the camera inside a very dark room?

Thanks for the questions Noah,

We have not tried them pitch black darkness yet. But, I don't know of any off the shelf video cameras that will record anything usefull in pitch black darkness unless it has a nightshot function and ir illumination. So the answer is that I doubt that it will do well in complete darkness as also stated above by Allen H. At this time we do not have any video of our own that we can post since the product is very new to us and also the fact that our internet service is still dialup. I will take some video in the dark zone at transworld and see how that comes out.

We are haunt owners ourselves and have areas in our haunt where I am sure the glasses won't produce usable video, but we also have areas that are lighted fairly well that customer reactions could be captured. We also thought that they would be usefull for documenting customer complaints, accidents or injuries. Also, Security issues that may come up and need verification. A few actors will work the waiting customers and that area has decent lighting where you could get usable promotional video as well. Sometimes I would like to know how the customer sees and hears the haunt as well as thier comments and reactions as they go through. Even in areas where I might not be able see a picture, the sounds would still let me where the customer is and how they are reacting. Maybe it is just another way to keep tabs of the actors and what they are doing from a customer point of view. These are just a few of the uses we have talked about at the haunt.

The glasses have been targeted at the outdoors industry(hunting,fishing) primarily up to this point and I am simply marketing them to anyone who is interested. Since we saw uses at our haunt, I thought it might appeal to other haunt owners as well. I also know that many haunt owners have fulltime jobs in the private sector that could have an endless list of applications for the product. I am also a electrical and HVAC contractor and plan to use them when I go look at jobs and repair work or work that I have done to use as a reference. My vet wants a pair to document some of the unusual operations he does on animals. Anyhow, I saw the glasses as a simple handsfree way to have a form of video recording available almost anywhere anytime for an affordable price. I do realize that there limitations but overall I think they are a really useful product.

Thanks for inquiring,

Steve Black

FEAR ASYLUM
03-27-2010, 11:31 AM
Wow I just cheacked these out at the show and they are Awesome highly recomend sblack@shentel.net. Contact here

sbb
06-14-2010, 06:42 PM
I wanted to thank everyone that stopped by the booth at MHC and looked at the i-KAM video recording glasses. We had alot of interest in the product and sold nearly all the glasses we brought. Also, thanks to those who purchased glasses as well. We have a website in the works but it is not up and running yet, but should be soon at (www.blackselectric.com). Anyone who may be interested in purchasing a pair is welcome to email me at sblack@shentel.net

Thanks again, Steve Black

graystone
06-14-2010, 06:49 PM
Thanks for bringing them! Shane and its we will have fun with them! Shane this time!

jakprintsHAUNT
06-14-2010, 07:00 PM
Maybe you could rig some infrared lighting up on a helmet light or around the outside of the glasses? then you could get at least some night vision style maybe? Just a thought.

Mike "Pogo" Hach

Jim Warfield
06-15-2010, 11:10 AM
Now we will know what to look for if someone tries to sneak a pair in here to take pictures.
I guess it's just human nature to get whatever you can without paying for it. I call this a "Jungle mentality"..eat today, to heck with tomorrow, so eat it all!
Yes "PAY" to come in my house don't just sit on your computer and look at a zillion pictures.