PDA

View Full Version : New Magazine/Hauntworld Movie News

drfrightner
02-13-2007, 03:57 AM
OKay folks the new magazine is printed. They're going in the mail this week. Everyone should be getting them soon. If you don't have a subscription go to www.hauntedhousemagazine.com or www.hauntedhousesupplies.com to subscribe.

The cover story is one of the most creative layouts I've ever seen, done by Cydney Neil. The magazine I think is 80 pages, and its packed with articles and ads alike. I think there are 28 advertisers, Ben Armstrong always tells me he likes the ads. But this magazine has a ton.

I'm not sure how many articles but I'm thinking something like 10 or so.

Let me see if I can list them all...

Feature Story on Rocky Point Q/A with Larry Kirchner

Hauntworld Hot News

Letter from the Editor

Friday the 13th by Brett Bertino

Transworld Complete Guide by Transworld

Psychology of Your Customers by Rich Hanf

Make a Good First Impression by Mike Jubie

Making Money with Pumpkin Patches at your Haunt by Tony Wohlgemuth

Universal Studios Review by Tim Bunch

Ben Armstrong Article (cool article about actor accessories)

13 Haunts by Randy Bates

I really like the pumpkin patch article because I'm telling you anyone can sell pumpkins at your haunt and make money. You must read the article to learn how!!! We will be uploading some of the articles online within the next day or two.

Lastly, I wanted to let you know we finally shot the Hauntworld Movie 16 or is it 17...heck I can't remember. This one will be funny, its really a lot of fun, and you must watch the video all the way past the credits for a special laugh!

Anyway this is what made this video...

1) 13th Gate: Awesome haunt

2) Haunted Overload: An amazing home haunt. Its so good its shocking!

3) Pirates of Emerson: Karl has done it again!

4) Dr. Lady/Horror Hotel

5) Netherworld: Lights on tour through the WHOLE attraction.

6) Darkness: I take you through some cool new things at the Darkness. I offer lots of tips on making your haunt scary, and detail tips. All tips are done inside the haunt, no sitting behind a computer or anything like that.

I would probably say this is the best one yet, and for sure the most funny!

It was a hoot making this video.

You can subscribe to the magazine at www.hauntedhousemagazine.com or www.hauntedhousesupplies.com

You can buy the DVD of Hauntworld 17 at www.hauntedhousesupplies.com.

We also got Kevin McCurdy's new DVD in today...both Hauntworld and Kevin's DVD will be shipping by next week!!!

Take care and see you at the show!

Larry Kirchner

NightMareManor
02-13-2007, 04:01 AM
larry,

Have you sent out subscription renewal notices yet?

-Sean

MDKing
02-13-2007, 05:41 AM
Yeah, I don't know if I'm still subscribed or not, and I never got the previous issue which I'd like to get as well...

Thanks,
Allan

SomeThingInTheIce
02-13-2007, 05:40 PM
Me too, how many mags do you get on a subscription? I may need to renew.

MMManiac
02-13-2007, 05:42 PM
Larry i bought my subscription a few weeks ago and it said it would send me the most current issue. Will i get the last issue and this new one which was just printed? i hope so!

Sean

jason
02-13-2007, 07:54 PM
larry

is volume 17 not included in the dvd package sales?

drfrightner
02-14-2007, 12:55 AM
You've overwhelmed me with questions...

If your subscription ran out just buy a new one... go to hauntedhousesupplies.com and just order one.

Yes we're working on sending our renew notices now. I just gave our office a lecture about how you can't send this out when you ship magazines, you've got to send them out a month before so they can renew in time to get the new mag. We're learning.

If you order the Hauntworld package the price is still the same and yes you'd get the new dvd as well.

Its included.

Larry