PDA

View Full Version : Darkness Photos... FINAL

drfrightner
03-19-2010, 02:00 AM
Couple of things I want to say...

1) As you may already know I'm burnt out and I think my entire crew is burnt out... we've been building building building our haunt none stop for exactly a YEAR and a half dating back to last years show and prior to that.

We are done... we can't do this again. We wont' do it again. Transworld already asked us if we'll do it again because the retail industry is coming...but I just dont' think its in me to do this again.

2) I hope all of you who come understand we've done the best job we could, we expect things to go wrong its a first night for a totally NEW haunted house. Whatever you didn't like after the show I hope we don't beat into the ground like last year. I only did this again for ONE reason... to correct as many mistakes from last year this year. I'm doing this FOR HAUNT OWNERS no one else... I truly want to inspire you.

3) The Darkness itself is the greatest best whatever version we've ever created... I think this is the single best thing our company has ever created. This has our heart and soul poured into it... it was a lot of work, stress and well lots of arguments but we are finally here.

I will be on the MUSEUM and if you have a suggestion a complaint or a simple thanks I'll be there ... I won't avoid any person, any question, your thoughts, and your opinions.

Lastly Patti will be at the exit of the museum to talk to anyone about their banners, haunts, whatever. We will also have some really cool t-shirts t-shirts like you've never seen before... you won't even believe it. The creators of these t-shirts will be on hand.

There are a few tickets left to the behind the scenes tour... go to www.TheDarkness.com

Larry

drfrightner
03-19-2010, 02:05 AM
here are some pictures

drfrightner
03-19-2010, 02:09 AM
Here are some new photos of Terror Visions. Larry

drfrightner
03-19-2010, 02:13 AM
And yes a few more...

So what do you think? I took all these photos myself tonight. I took all these with a basic camera... I need to get a wide angle lense for my good camera.

If anyone knows Todd Farren he's coming by this weekend to take some pictures. He's an awesome photographer. I'm excited to see what he comes up with.

Remember its very important that you take good pictures of your haunted house it helps in marketing.

Larry

drfrightner
03-19-2010, 02:17 AM
here are some more...including the fall barrel wall which STILL does not work but its getting closer. I think I take cool pictures I like doing it and its not that hard... I think everyone should try harder to take good pics.

Larry

drfrightner
03-19-2010, 02:22 AM
Last few...

I hope you like them!

I'm tired and need to go to bed. I promised photos so here they are!

Larry

damon carson
03-19-2010, 07:20 AM
Wow! Those are really great! Looks like your gonna put on one Hell of a Show next week!
Damon

Moxley Manor
03-19-2010, 07:42 AM
Your team did a great job! I am looking forward to the tour next week. This will be our first trip to Transworld and I want to thank you for doing this. It is much appreciated.

screamforadream
03-19-2010, 07:46 AM
Larry! Those look amazing! I love how detailed and perfect everything looks. From these few photos alone, it's obvious you guys really put everything you have into this haunt, great job! I really hope I'm able to come down and see it this year! (And good luck getting the falling barrels to work!)

damon carson
03-19-2010, 08:10 AM
Hey is the Detailing video gonna be finished and for sale by Transworld? Just wondering.
Thanks,
Damon

Jolly Pumpkin
03-19-2010, 08:52 AM
I agree with you on the photos. They do wonders for marketing a haunt. But if you have poor lighting and set design, no matter what the photographer does the haunt is still going to look bad. This isn't the case with The Darkness. It looks incredible to say the least.

drfrightner
03-19-2010, 11:04 AM
Here is how that RAT was themed in hard to see it... but you can tell how it will come out at you and from where.

newhorror2010
03-19-2010, 02:00 PM
If your haunted house is open on Sunday's in Sept. or Oct. then I WILL find a way to get up there to see The Darkness. I've decided just now that ONE WAY OR THE OTHER I WILL SEE IT this season!

John

bamasmith
03-19-2010, 04:19 PM
Amazing detail in those scenes Larry....Great job!...Look forward to going through it again.My wife will be with us when we come through this year.She is terrified of ET,wont watch anything remotly scary,so she will be scared to death when we go through.Hope Shane does'nt give her too much crap on the ride up there,or else he will look like the guy with rats on him.....Very nice work on the place man!

hauntpro
03-19-2010, 09:50 PM
You did such a great job!!! Posting all of these pictures and information has helped me out alot. I know it all took alot of time. Thanks so much for all you do for this industry!

Nightgore
03-19-2010, 10:00 PM
Are the pipe fittings the resin castings from Edge? If so, they look amazing... great pics! I can't wait to see the darkness this year... trying to get the whole crew to go! -Tyler

MDKing
03-20-2010, 06:10 AM
I don't see the rat prop, am I missing something? Is it in the first photo?

Sorry, maybe it's obvious?

Allan

chuck weber
03-20-2010, 10:00 AM
most unbelieveable detail I have ever seen. like you always said, "detail detail detail" another great job .

Pumpkin King
03-20-2010, 01:22 PM
AMAZING work, thanks for all you do!:D

newhorror2010
03-20-2010, 07:47 PM
I don't see the rat prop, am I missing something? Is it in the first photo?

Sorry, maybe it's obvious?

Allan

Look on top of the corpse wearing the tattered blue jeans up by the waist....spot the bloody little booger yet? Peek-A-Boo! It sees you! lol

Dalloween
03-20-2010, 08:35 PM
Wow, Larry. You all have outdone yourselves. Unfortunately, I don't get to head up to St. Louis until Friday so I'm missing the Thursday night tour (to my disappointment)... but just bought tickets for Friday evening. Can't wait to experience the all new Darkness.

Cheers!
Jim

drfrightner
03-20-2010, 11:00 PM
Apparently I didn't upload the Rat picture... I don't have a good picture of it anyway but here it is. Its up very high and there was no light on it at all so I couldn't get a really good pitcure. Its VERY VERY detailed into the set but hard to tell with these photos.

Larry

danglin
03-20-2010, 11:04 PM
I enjoyed seeing your haunt at both tours last year, and I look forward to seeing the changes you have made this year. The details shown in your pictures are amazing. Thank you for making the haunt available for us to study and photograph!

Dreamreaper
03-20-2010, 11:34 PM
AMAZING work, thanks for all you do!:D

I have several rooms built and ready for detail. im just waiting to finish your seminar before I continue. Thanks Larry