PDA

View Full Version : Posts about myself

Speculo
03-19-2010, 06:59 AM
Gang,

There have been some posts out there calling me out by name so I want to address them. You guys know I have been around a long time and I tend to get into the middle of things. I try to work to pull opposing forces together and I always think I can do it. Well I cannot always succeed, apparently.

I am sorry if in the effort to do this I could not always please one side or the other, even if it was my genuine goal. Blending many groups and individuals together who are somewhat polarized is somewhat beyond me it seems. Sometimes I just cannot solve the issues between people.

I don't give up hope, and neither should you all, any step in the right direction is where we need to go.

Thanks!

drfrightner
03-19-2010, 10:58 AM
Ben,

The whole thing is outragous. You've written articles helping people, organized seminars for the industry, given seminars, written countless pieces of information for the HHA, helped people at every turn shared and much more...

The bottom line is really simple in this industry there will always be people who are not happy that you do good things, they are jealous, and will do anything to tear you or anyone else apart who puts a foot out there.

Its sad people very sad... this industry or should I say certain groups, and certain businesss are pushing people like Ben into caves never to be seen from again, sharing will nearly cease, no one will put their neck out there for fear it will be chopped off. Now is the time to let people know this is just unacceptable.

Ben... you are a haunt industry national treasure!

Larry

graystone
03-19-2010, 12:06 PM
Like all storms things will calm down. I for one have been the target of attacks even recently. Take this from one person to the other trust me and I am speaking from my past experiences anything you do or try to do will be thrown, ripped and twisted from you when things change. Again I just went through that myself people I thought was my friends and I was helping was always happy till you get a little exposure and pat on the back then things change every thing changes it's just GREED plain and simple.

I see it this way God wants me to live and learn and all of this should be taken as a learning experience always watch your back and always be wise enough to protect yourself in the case you might need it in the future. I have did that exact thing and at the end of the day when you feel your ship is sinking bring them down with you. I know this seems harsh but I mean heck its clear the opposing team whoever it might be don't give a rats behind!

I myself am cool with everyone or at least I think I am but who knows that may change. Everyone has their reasons and unless you was in the mix then no one would know everything that goes on only those involded would know the difference every thing else is just presumptions on other peoples part and that always leads to rumors and drama! What's most important is at the end of the day what you have done is done your best and that's all anyone can ask for. Shane and its been there done that! Shane this time.

Tater
03-19-2010, 12:10 PM
Ben

Ive must of missed the posts attacking you or calling you out. It seems that acouple of people here only wanna stir up trouble. Anyone that has ever met you or knows of you would never attack anything you did. Youve given so much back to the industry and everyone in it. Thanks Buddy

Jolly Pumpkin
03-19-2010, 01:05 PM
Well, I've read all the posts on hauntedattraction.com and I agree with some of what people say and I disagree with what some people say. I personally have never talked to Ben in person, but He seems to be a very passionate person when it comes to the haunt industry and has the best intentions at heart. I'm basing this on how friendly He seems to be at conventions and how dedicated He is working at Netherworld.

People need to realize that when it comes to IAHA and HHA, there is always money involved and when money is at stake competition is fierce. This is the case with haunts in the same area, hauntedhouse.com and hauntworld.com, Haunted Attraction Magazine and Haunted World Magazine etc. There's no way to avoid it. Both associations feel threatened in some way and when you feel threatened you attack. It's natural. It's the nature of the beast.

Maybe one day both associations could come to terms and join as one. Right now having two associations is downright confusing to those inside and outside of the industry. If both associations were created to help haunted houses then why aren't they both helping each other out for the benefit of the industry. Having two associations just makes the entire haunt industry look bad in the public's eyes, but maybe that's just the way I see it. When it comes down to it, it creates conflict between haunts having to choose sides. It looks like HHA is trying to fix its mistakes with the new website and that's a very good thing for the industry.