PDA

View Full Version : If Transworld Was Today

Jim Warfield
02-13-2007, 01:58 PM
I wouldn't be there.
Snow, more snow coming, strong gusting winds, drifting snow, this is when the only guy driving to work should be the guy driving the snowplow!
Of course ten days from now it will be 70 degrees and dry and sunny, birds singing, flowers blooming, "Where's my lawn mower?"
"Oh, under that four foot snowbank!"
I actually had two people here for the tour late last night!?
The young woman was returning from a visit a few months ago.
She was one of the young women who heard the female spirit lyrically humming/singing in the back of the wine cellar at 1:55am.
I was glad she came back , she seemed pretty scared that night.
This also gave me a chance to ask her if her girlfriend that night could have secretly been the one doing that humming/singing? She was walking slightly behind me (although it's duration seemed way too long for it to have happened this way)
"Oh, no, she was really upset by it , and she belongs to a ghost-Hunters group but she is a devote skeptic, she's always denying little strange occurrences, but this time ........."
Yes we all three heard it.
No special effects, no hidden speakers, nobody able to make it happen where and how it did.......
I think I have lost about as many customers with the actual haunting as the haunting has propelled to come here.
This is not a "money" thing, nor a promotional item, it is what it is and that's plenty enough to unnerve some people.

brad
02-13-2007, 03:01 PM
Man I really hope I can figure out how to get out there during Transworld.

wipp
02-13-2007, 05:02 PM
jim i heard snow sells on ebay,mabie your sitting on a gold mine lmao

Raycliff Manor
02-14-2007, 07:31 AM
We're driving in for TW from Arkansas. Let's hope the roads are all clear! :shock:

Kel

Ken Spriggs
02-14-2007, 09:59 AM
It has been snowing since yesterday morning
They say that we will have more next week also.
Bring boots...warm coat...gloves.....you will be fine
They are great at getting the snow moved around the convention....the problem won't be here.

I have to shovel the driveway...I have about 2+ feet of snow from the plows

Raycliff Manor
02-14-2007, 10:03 AM
Thanks Ken! We'll pack thermals! :lol:

Kel

Jim Warfield
02-14-2007, 10:15 AM
..as in "Thermal Nuclear Devices"?
Drifting snow is the major changable road hazard since no plow can cover the same few miles of drifting road every 10 minutes.
The state of Illinois used to erect snow fences in the adjoining farm fields to knock down the drifts before they reached the highway, why don't they do that anymore?
Oh, I forgot, fuel is so cheap, they would rather keep plowing the same road all night long, makes for more overtime too!
Mankind's evolution, two steps forward, one step back, if we are fortunate,.... ignore those World Wars.

damon carson
02-15-2007, 11:25 PM
Hey Jim you ever hear from Evil Fred at the Grin anymore? I believe thats what you all said his name was. Anyway he was the voice that yelled out HEY! to me in the celler by the corner where the lady in white appears. I tell you that made the hair on my neck stand up! LOL! And grant it I didnt stay down there very long after that happened! Ha! Hey if you could update us like everyday or every other day on the weather it would be great! The weather channel jumps around too much and dont really give a complete forcast/ect for the Chicago area. I can see it now local Chicago/Illinois weather from the Ravens Grin. Jim in a skimpy skirt dressed as a weather girl. :wink: Just dont immitate the weather girl on nakednews.com. Could be bad for ratings! LOL!
Damon

ScarlettP
02-16-2007, 05:02 AM
Holy Jumping Juniper Trees! I was going to ask what the weather was like up there. Dang! I was VERY unhappy that I had the flu the one and only day we got snow here in Tennessee. I guess I get to make up for it in Chicago. But it's always SO DARNED COLD up there that you can't really enjoy playing in the stuff. (Here, the temperature normally hovers just about 'freezing' so it's not that uncomfortable.)

Jim Warfield
02-16-2007, 08:32 AM
Having Transworld at the end or middle of March makes alot of difference as far as "Weather" or not people have to suffer a bigger hardship to arrive here too.
My sister lives in Tenn. and she was telling me it was 60 degrees there when it was "0" here!
Maybe cheaper rent was found pushing the show date into a snowbank?
The advance weather forecast has much warner temps for the show, but of course this can also change alot too from now til then.

Ken Spriggs
02-16-2007, 09:28 AM
THE HIGH FOR TODAY IS 18!!!!!

Why did they shift the show to February?
Jim is right....everyone thought it was cold in March...this is much worse

xxxdirk
02-16-2007, 01:56 PM
For all of you FREAKING out about the weather, extended forcast for next Friday High 40 low of 27, sunny. Course, with the accuracy of the weathermen that could mean anything from a blizzard, to 85 degrees.

Just think kiddies, one week from right now we will walking around the tradeshow drooling at all the fun props!

Jim Warfield
02-16-2007, 03:45 PM
Dirk, I'll sell you a prop you really will need a pop-cycle stick to prop your mouth closed with (stop that unsanitary drooling!)
From chin to collarbone, this should help.
It's true test will be the Babes wearing those skimpy costumes. I will be carrying extra sticks, you may have to double them up.