PDA

View Full Version : Clash of the Titans

drfrightner
03-31-2010, 12:36 PM
Comes out tonight at Midnight... who's going to see it? If you go give some details and reports. Was one of my fav movies as a kid so I'm really looking forward to it. Larry

chuck weber
03-31-2010, 02:54 PM
serving time

damon carson
03-31-2010, 03:04 PM
Ya the movie is pretty cool! Dont remember how old I was when it first came out. Man that was a long time ago. I want to see the new one though. Should be a good updated version of it with the 3-D to boot. Probably go see it sometime this weekend.
Damon

chuck weber
03-31-2010, 05:32 PM
was much better

robert
03-31-2010, 06:41 PM
From the reviews that are coming out on "Clash", "How to train your dragon" sounds like a much better film.

brad
03-31-2010, 06:55 PM
Man, I cant wait to see this movie!! I really wanna see what they did with the Kracken creature.

And I like Liam Neeson too.... Hope its worth the wait!!!
I'll go see it tomorow afternoon for sure

jakprintsHAUNT
03-31-2010, 08:20 PM
Looking very forward to this, always loved it as a kid. Although the effects were a little sketchy it gave it part of its charm, hoping they dont ruin it with over CGIing everything.

While the technology has gotten much better it is still way overused. In watching a behind the scenes of Legend recently, Ridley Scott said it best that an FX guy on Alien talking to him about an effect they needed to do asked "can we do this live?" he replied: "yes! you cant get any better than live".

Whenever possible I always prefer seeing practical over digital effects, in the same way in haunts I like makeup over masks. It may just be a deeper appreciation for the art behind it, but technology has gotten ahead of itself with some things. While CGI is useful to hide wires and put people in certain fantasy worlds, there is no need for cartoon blood and things like that....you can almost always tell, and there is no way it can be cheaper than a gallon of Karo syrup, a garden sprayer, and a mop.

Just my two cents on the topic...semi off topic.

Mike "Pogo" Hach

damon carson
04-01-2010, 09:19 AM
I think a well balance of makeup and cgi works. Same with haunted houses half makeup, half masks. Just my opinion. Not a big fan of all cgi either but if its done well you dont really notice as much. I think this will be a great movie for cgi. Compaired to what they had to work with back for the old Clash of the Titans.
Damon

Jonathan
04-01-2010, 12:40 PM
Got a pre-view at a theater here.

It sucked.

Blurry CGI FX, boring story, lackluster cast over all. It was trying to hard to be epic.

BOOO.

Buy the original with awesome Harry Haus. FX on Blu-Ray way better.

Haunts of Richmond
04-01-2010, 01:00 PM
I was looking forward to this movie as well, but it's getting killed on the reviews. They actually delayed the release a year to "convert" it to 3D, which apparently was a bad decision. Movies have to be specifically shot for 3D... take these quotes from a review at http://www.aintitcool.com/node/44470:

Above all, this stands as THE defining moment we watched 3-D actually destroy a film and stand testament to the terrible, terrible idea of adding it in post-production. It is an effect so bad that it is all most of us can talk about. I know half a dozen critics who watched half of the film blurry rather than subject themselves to the torment of this bastardized hack job of a 3-D render; the rest of us suffered in silence, occasionally checking out the shot composition by lowering our glasses for a moment, repeatedly. How bad is it? See it in 2-D if at all possible. Do not, under any circumstances, watch the 3-D version of this film.

robert
04-01-2010, 02:25 PM
Go see "Train your Dragon" for a good time.

brad
04-01-2010, 04:14 PM
I dont really like watching movies in 3D period. The last one I watched was Joureny to the Center of The Earth. and I dont plan on seeing another one.

But, you can tell when a movie was meant for 3D though. When I saw Avatar, I was dissapointed at first cause you could see the blurriness of the actors heads. I could tell that it was shot in 3D and then tuned down to 2D. Besides that little part, I thought the movie was badass and dont have any problems with it.

I will go see Clash, and hopefully I can find a theater thats showing it in 2D.

scarygoat
04-01-2010, 04:32 PM
YESSS, the theater I have near me has it in 2D. Going to see it Monday!

drfrightner
04-02-2010, 01:26 AM
Saw it...

Wasn't great. Basically everything more or less from the original has been mixed in one way or another. The whole movie seems to happen like really quickly, like one minute they are fishing and the next they are fighting the Kraken. It was kind of like shove everything you can including the kitchen sink into the movie as quick as possible.

The special effects are kinda cool but not super awesome. The fairy man was pretty cool...

Would I see this movie yeah I would because I like any movie like this, if you are one of those people who only want to see something if its totally 100% worth it I would wait for DVD.

I almost want to say the original is better.

Larry

damon carson
04-02-2010, 09:45 AM
Man this sucks I was looking forward to this. Now Im debating paying the $9.50. I think thats really high just to see a 3-D movie. But thats just what I think.
Damon

brad
04-02-2010, 10:13 PM
Maybe Larry saw a different version than me!!! lol

I thought it was really good!! I loved the different creaturs in it, like the 3 no-eyed ladys with the eye, and then the skeleton looking creature that steared the boat was badass too. I wish they showed more of it.

And I loved the Crcken scene... I loved how they slowly introduced it by only showing certain parts of it.

I say the Cracken is my new favorite creature now!!

But I say it was a really good movie

Dan Faupel
04-02-2010, 10:50 PM
Man, that sucks to hear...I had a feeling it was going to get butchered with the remake...I'm still looking forward to seeing it for myself though...that movie was the very first movie I saw at a drive-in theater and was inspirational to me as a kid, along with Harryhausen's stop-motion effects in Jason and the Argonauts and Sinbad.

FEAR ASYLUM
04-03-2010, 11:23 AM
hey brad the three ladies with the eye are called the stegeon witches lol they were also in the original i love the original clas of the titans i used to hide my eyes when medusa would come on for fear i would be turned to stone i saw it for the first time in a drive inn movie theater when i was a little guy lol but i think i will wait for dvd and just watch the original a couple of times ok whos up for aa remake of flash gordon go flash go not me

scarygoat
04-03-2010, 12:22 PM
I'm going to see it Monday in 2D. Most of the reviews I heard were about the 3D version and they were bad (because of the 3D) but all the other reviews of the movie which must of been of the normal 2D said it was great.

drfrightner
04-03-2010, 12:54 PM
Its like this... was the movie horrible NO ... did it have some cool stuff in it sure. Was it a good story, was it a good movie no. Was it as good as the original NO WAY... everything in the original was developed and in this movie it just one thing lumped onto another. the story just isn't good... and Calabas just sorta bam out of no where appears one minute Zeus is against the humans then he's for them no wait maybe against them who knows... this movie was a mess. One minute our hero is a fisherman next thing you know he can fly through the air doing amazing things.

I still like the original better. I did like certain things about this movie just didn't love it. Its kinda like Wolfman if you like the original you will like this movie but you will NOT love it...

Its NO WHERE NEAR as good as 300 or any movie in that vein. Its cool, its popcorn its well Clash of the Titans. Its not on the level of 300 or Lord of the Rings its just popcorn hence opening in April not May or July or anywhere else.

DO NOT SEE IT IN 3D ... this movie was a 2D movie and then when Avatar made it big they tried to convert it to 3D it doesn't work.

Larry