PDA

View Full Version : The Truman Show

Raycliff Manor
02-14-2007, 10:00 PM
Ever have one of those days where you just get the feeling you're the unsuspecting lead character of the Truman Show? :shock: Today was one of those for me. I wish I wasn't too tired to elaborate, but I just wondered if others ever get that feeling.

Kel

Jim Warfield
02-14-2007, 10:19 PM
As very young child it was a momentously scary day when I discovered I was NOT on a Hollywood movie set and my life ahead of me was all pleasantly scripted and figured out!
"Oh, my Gawd! You mean...I'm going to have to ad-lib the rest of my life and just take my chances with fate?
"I'm ready for my close-up Mr. DeMille, Mr. DeMille? Where is the camera hiding? Script-boy!?????"

As the scary-guy Haunt-Owner I am playing my part ("Scary-Guy") and trying to influence the customers to respond correctly for their part. It is all almost ad-libbed but that is what makes life so interesting!
So I guess I'm a Director too.
I did the special defects.
I own the lot and sound stage.
I do public relations and promotions too.
I sweep the snow, pick up the cigerette butts in the parking lot.
I hope the cameras aren't watching this dull krap! hahahaha!
Don't worry Kelly, your first rushes are in, you look alright.
"Film at 11!"

Raycliff Manor
02-15-2007, 08:03 AM
Jim, if you were up for it, I think you'd make an awesome reality show! I'll bet people would tune in just to see what you'd come up with next and how the guests of Ravens Grinn Inn would respond! Are you sure Mr. Tuxedo isn't directing??? :lol:

Kel

Jim Warfield
02-15-2007, 10:22 AM
Kelly, for many years I did film several rooms here and sometimes really funny and strange things happened here , courtesy of the patrons, of course.
I quit filming because it seemed to slightly heighten the spontaneity coming from me and from them.
It maybe only was heightened by a slight degree, but that was worth sacrificing a filmed record for , in my opinion, just to make their experience here as entertaining as possible, so I went for it.
"Playing for the camera" even slightly, subtracts from giving all my energy to playing to the customers.
They pay for a live performance, that camera never paid for anything.
"Skin-flint" camera.!! hahahah!
If you want to ruin the experience for most customers allow someone to point cameras their direction. Most people react as if it's a loaded gun!
Unlike any kind of performer, the average person becomes all consumed concerning how they will appear on camera and what someone else might "think" of them?
Most performers have already crossed this bridge long before any camera winks at them.

Raycliff Manor
02-15-2007, 10:48 AM
I see your point Jim. I love your puritanical passion! :wink:

Kel

Empressnightshade
02-15-2007, 10:57 AM
THAT'S the name of the movie! And it's funny how you should mention it. I thought about Jim Carrey in this movie the other day, but couldn't remember the name. Only watched it once, but yes, I do wonder if "someone" is watching me. My life is so ridiculously comical and tragic that you would think at least SOMEBODY is making money off of it! I sure in the heck ain't!! :lol: