PDA

View Full Version : NHC or Hauntcon?

danglin
04-05-2010, 09:38 PM
Which show are you going to...National Haunter's Convention or Hauntcon?? My daughter is graduating the first weekend of June, so I can't attend Midwest Haunter's Convention. Therefore, my last shot to go to another show besides Transworld will be one of these two that are on the last weekend of April.

I have been to a Hauntcon show before, but I have not been to NHC. Suggestions anyone? Is everyone partied out after Transworld, or are you like me and want more??? Let me know who is going to which, or if everyone is just staying home.

Thanks.

jakprintsHAUNT
04-06-2010, 03:19 PM
I'm going to try my best to make it to National Haunters Convention...a lot less in travel expenses as I am only a 6 hour drive away. Looks like it may be a little bigger too when comparing the websites.

Mike "Pogo" Hach

sophisticatedterror
04-06-2010, 03:26 PM
Hauntcon bound for me...

Kale

chuck weber
04-06-2010, 03:38 PM
for me.... The shows get bigger and BETTER every year. You won't be dissapointed. Michael Bruner and his entire staff are very gracious hosts. Valley Forge, Pa (right near Philly) is the haunted destination that weekend.

HouseOfHorrors
04-06-2010, 04:11 PM
I'll be going to NHC!

Dan Faupel
04-06-2010, 04:24 PM
I have been to two Hauntcons, and one NHC last year...both shows are smaller than TW, and I would have to say that Hauntcon is just a little bigger than NHC...if you are into the haunt tours, it looks like Hauntcon has more on its line-up including Universal Horror Nights...I had a lot of fun at both shows, and do not necessarily endorse one over the other, but I will be at Hauntcon.

drfrightner
04-06-2010, 04:45 PM
i heard that Leonard set up a tour of the new Harry potter world... that alone might be worth going to Hauntcon over any other show. I'll go with hauntcon.

Larry

drfrightner
04-06-2010, 04:53 PM
I just visited Hauntcon.com and I must say I'm pretty impressed with what he's doing...now I want to say FIRST HAND why I would go to Hauntcon.

I got a behind the scenes tour of Tampa Busch Gardens last year by Robbi herself and it was amazing. If you miss out on touring these attractions you are making a mistake. They are just very well done and tons of haunts to boot... not to mention Tampa Busch Gardens is simply one of the best theme parks in America.

I also seen a bunch of haunts I've never heard of before being toured and honestly I'd love to see haunts I've never heard of because who knows what is in store for you. I do know about the Grim House pretty cool facade.

A dinner and seminars with Universal Studios that also sounds like a top notch offering...

Lastly nothing is better than a trip to Orlando. Personally speaking and I'm sure MANY would agree... how these two shows ended up on the same day is well pretty stupid on someones part. Its not really fair to anyone that people have to choose, pick sides, or whatever, but that seems to be the running theme for our whole industry, this being a prime example.

Either way because I have no choice but to choose...I'd pick hauntcon.

Larry

the ogre
04-06-2010, 04:59 PM
NHC for me. It's a 25 min drive so it's an easy choice. it's jam packed with things to do at the convention. Great seminars and some great vendors. Come on down and let's have a beer. I'll be at the grave yard prop shop booth. The 2010 line is sick.

jakprintsHAUNT
04-07-2010, 05:21 AM
After looking at their site(s) again, after Larry's comments, I stand corrected on the Hauntcon vs. NHC opinion I had originally posted. I was basing my opinion on the sites as of about a month ago in which there was a lot of question as to if Hauntcon was even happening as there was little to no info about most anything on their site.

I will probably still be going to NHC due proximity and to cost of travel, but the tour lineup and some of the vendors that are now signed up for Hauntcon are pretty appealing, and wish I could attend both. Would really like to get in on some of those tours at Hauntcon...price wise also seem very appealing. Can't do it all though as much as the learning and just general experience would be worth it!

Mike "Pogo" Hach

Badger
04-07-2010, 05:51 AM
After looking at their site(s) again, after Larry's comments, I stand corrected on the Hauntcon vs. NHC opinion I had originally posted. I was basing my opinion on the sites as of about a month ago in which there was a lot of question as to if Hauntcon was even happening as there was little to no info about most anything on their site.

That's because Leonard was stuck in London after being mugged. ;)

I'll be at Hauntcon representing RFR make sure you come up and say "Hi"...

OdetteDespairr
04-07-2010, 06:40 AM
I'll be at Hauntcon in sunny Orlando repping for Rotting Flesh Radio alongside Badger, cant resist the weather and the beaches!!! Plus Universal and Islands of Adventure are hard to beat. Wish i could see the Midevil Weapons show at NHC though.

Jackie
Rotting Flesh Radio

sophisticatedterror
04-07-2010, 10:06 AM
Gonna be spending some time at disney and universal myself if anyone wants to join, hit me up!

Kale

OdetteDespairr
04-07-2010, 11:42 AM
So are we, we're going to the beach Thursday, Universal Sunday, Islands of Adventure Monday.

chuck weber
04-07-2010, 03:28 PM
frankly, you dissapoint me! national is the show (plus, it's closer to Wisconsin which is always a worry for you- distance.) please re consider your choice.

screamlinestudios
04-07-2010, 04:14 PM
Hauntcon for me...No offense to NHC.. I am sure it will be a great show, but I can't resist Sunny Florida, plus Hauntcon has always been a good show for me.

It all depends on your travel expenses and what you are looking to gain from the show.

Gravely
04-07-2010, 04:58 PM
Steve, no offense ever taken from you my friend.
and one year, the timing will work out that you come give us a try.

drfrightner
04-07-2010, 09:21 PM
I think both shows could be fun, and rewarding for all but for God Sakes next year someone needs to check with the other one so there isn't a this vs that thing... its bad for everyone.

Hey Ricky... we need to catch up sometime! I'd love to see you guys.

Larry

sophisticatedterror
04-07-2010, 09:33 PM
its retarded! lol Wish I could attend both!

Gravely
04-07-2010, 11:53 PM
Hey Larry, gimme a shout anytime. I miss our long baseball talks

StackerSteve
04-08-2010, 03:23 AM
I'll be at NHC. Within a hour and a half of me

OdetteDespairr
04-08-2010, 10:38 AM
Silly Chuck did you really think that Rotting Flesh Radio would leave you hanging with only Hauntcon coverage to nom on???

While Badger and i are soaking up the sun in Orlando, our fearful leader JJ will be broadcasting live from his booth at NHC bringing you all the big coverage from PA!!!

One weekend two conventions? Like Rotting Flesh Radio would pass that up, we're just dividing forces to better bring you coverage from both!

Listen in to this weeks show at www.rottingfleshradio.com to get the skinny from myself about how prep for that weekend is going down!!!

Jackie
Rotting Flesh Radio

drfrightner
04-08-2010, 10:45 AM
Hey Ricky the Pirates are 2-0... pretty good! Larry

drfrightner
04-08-2010, 10:27 PM
Hauntworld.com purchased a booth for the 2010 Hauntcon Show and our very own Patti will be going for SURE! At this point I'm thinking I will be attending as well... these haunt tours are too good to pass up! And I just found out from Leanard himself that KIDS are allowed. I didn't like that about Transworld so I'll be happy to come and bring my kids.

Want to check out Harry Potter World while I'm there...

Larry

Leonard Pickel
04-08-2010, 11:03 PM
Haunted House Tour Road Trip DEADline!
Time is running out to sign up for the 2010 HAuNTcon preshow tour! I have to give the bus company a bus count on Monday April 12th, so please, if you are planning to join us on this great Haunt tour, go to https://hauntcon.ticketleap.com/hauntcon-2010-Registration and sign up!

Buses leave the Ramada Celebration Hotel at 8AM on Wed. April 28th and returns April 29th at 5PM 5 haunts, 4 meals, (in 34 hours) hotel and transportation for under $200! You sure can’t beat that price!

Our first stop is the Grimm House in Kissimmee, just down the street from the host hotel. A quirky year round Haunt owned by Vern McCarthy with a façade to die for! Then it is back on the busses for a trip to the pan handle of Florida for a tour of a really Haunted House!

NOTE: Buses leave the Ramada at 8AM on Wed. April 28 for thie overnight road trip. Attendees will be spendiing Wed. night in Tallahassee, returning to the Ramaga in time for the Thursday night tour.

Greystone Manor is a magnificent example of Victorian Architecture and reported by many to be Haunted by various ghosts. Owner Christopher James opens up the attraction each October for brave souls willing to enter the three story mansion. Just down the block, Christopher’s home is a step back in time and chocked full of antiques, ceramics and memorabilia of a long forgotten time, and we are graciously invited us to see what a fully restored museum quality Victorian house looks like.

After checking in at the hotel, we head off to <a href="http://www.terroron12.com">Castle Dread </a>for a full actor, lights of tour of this highly detailed, 3,000 square foot attraction with 10,000 square feet worth of props, animatronics and creative scares. Owner Debbie Tannes is a true lover of Halloween and the sophistication of this non-profit Haunt quite surprising.

No time to rest as we are back on the busses headed to the largest Haunted Attraction in Florida. <a href="http://www.terroroftallahassee.com">Terror of Tallahassee</a> is 12,000 square feet of great scares and illusions. Owner Kurt Kuersteiner is especially proud of the many pepper’s Ghost Illusions and the high scare factor of the attraction now in its eighth year at this location.

The next morning we tour the Old City Cemetery and hear stories of the restless spirits that walk the solemn grounds. There are lots of very unusual headstones and epitaphs on property, even one grave rumored to be a witch! Then back over for a lights-on tour of Castle Dread, to get a close look at the heave detail and ingenuity of this great haunt.

Heading west we arrive at <a href="http://www.warehouse31.com">Warehouse 31</a>. Open for the first time in 2009, the attraction is owned by Red Mountain Entertainment. The large high capacity attraction has great sets and 8,000 feet of screams.

So the score is four Haunted Attractions and three Paranormal places in two days. The price for the tour includes meals, transportation, double occupancy accommodations and admission to the attractions. Pre-show Price is $195 for double occupancy and $235 Single occupancy.

OdetteDespairr
04-09-2010, 07:30 AM
Harry Potter World isnt due to open till June 18th or something...is there a tour going on of it i dont know about???

Jackie
Rotting Flesh Radio

sophisticatedterror
04-09-2010, 10:22 AM
No but seeing as we all will be in orlando so close to the opening date of HP, sometimes they will do soft openings for park guests for an hour or two.

Kale

drfrightner
04-09-2010, 12:28 PM
Leonard said last night in the live chat that he's working on getting a tour of Harry Potter world so right no there isn't one but there also could be one... he's working on it daily! I think the chances are good to see that happen but either way it doesn't matter...

I'm telling you right now the tour of the Tampa Busch Gardens is worth every single penny... I've already seen it.

I'll post some photos if you want me to...

Larry

chuck weber
04-09-2010, 04:13 PM
glad rotting flesh radio will be at national haunters. I'm glad JJ will be there. he'll know what to do.

sophisticatedterror
04-09-2010, 04:39 PM
He will know what to do? huh? lol

chuck weber
04-12-2010, 10:14 AM
Bring plenty of SWAG. You have alot of fans at National Haunters !!!!!

Scaren Karen
04-13-2010, 12:19 PM
Looking forward to going to Hauntcon as well. Great line up on the educational side of things and some of the tours being offered are not to be missed.

Scaren Karen

sophisticatedterror
04-13-2010, 12:25 PM
me too! only 16 days until Hauntcon! Will be tons of fun as always.

Kale

OdetteDespairr
04-14-2010, 06:35 AM
Thursday during the day we might be doing coco beach if anyone is interested in doing a caravan over there. Then we'll be back for the Thursday night tour of Universal.

Jackie
Rotting Flesh Radio

chuck weber
04-16-2010, 07:54 AM
which show are you attending ?

sophisticatedterror
04-16-2010, 10:03 AM
beach sounds good jackie...I think im prolly going everyday after the show ends lol would be nice....

Kale

Badger
04-16-2010, 11:33 AM
I should be in Orlando either LATE Wednesday night or by midday Thursday depending on when I leave. If anyone wants to get together, PM or email me. Kale? Jackie? Bueller...?

pnightmare
04-21-2010, 10:22 AM
If your selling or buying...you are in for a real treat at this show...the list of haunters both old and new are astounding....see you there!!
John Denley