PDA

View Full Version : Thanks to all for the heads UP

xtremecreator
04-06-2010, 06:55 AM
The reason im posting this is because this guy just does not quit. He threatens, harrasses and so on...so here goes.....

Nightscream/7floors of hell Rodney was trying to steal my creature. I was putting an emergency restraining order against him to stop sales. He was forced to stop sales. The tooling marks on the creatures face and body line up like DNA to mine. I will be sent a photo of the molds being destroyed. Rodney tried to do this to scarefactory a few years back and was sued by them. Rodney was having those Norton Auctions where he was selling all knock offs from scarefactory, Unit70, Distortions and so on. I have put him in his place. Stay away from this guy he is bad news all the way around.........He pissed me off so much I offered him a match in the ring at the next transworld....he bowed out of it

IF YOU BOUGHT THIS CREATURE, PLEASE LET ME KNOW. HE CLAIMS HE ONLY SOLD 1. But I have had several e mails saying he has sold from 7 to 14 creatures.........

Thanks,
John
XtremeCreators LLC
440 749 1018

drfrightner
04-06-2010, 01:49 PM
To my understanding the person who sculpted the item was not yourself but another artist. Its also my understanding that this artist sold the mold to Rodney. I think you should contact the artist who sculpted the items and find out what is going on. Rodney simply bought a mold, he didn't steal the mold, he didn't hijack the mold, he bought it. I don't think the issue is Rodney I think there is more than meets the eye here.

I know artist sell molds all the time that is nothing new. What Rodney did with the mold looks different the animation is different and its painted different. Again I think the issue here is do you own the molds, and if so why didn't YOU have them in YOUR shop?

I don't think Rodney has done anything wrong by buying something he thought was available for sale. If you do indeed own them then you should contact the artist who had the molds to discuss.

I'm sure everything can be worked out here but there are three parties involved not just two.

As for getting into the ring... thats a good one. I don't think it has to go that far...

Question are you still selling your animation because I didn't see you at the show... let us know what you are doing now. Thanks Larry

ihauntu
04-06-2010, 09:34 PM
You do nothing but talk trash!

I have respect for Larry and his web site so I'm not going to start anything on this professional message board.

I have received lots of calls today from customers and friends saying did you see what was on Hauntworld! and that this guy must not know you at all.
to talk trash me, then to say you want to step into a ring and I backed down!
Now thats funny!
Any time any were pal!

skullman79
04-06-2010, 09:43 PM
Hey Rodney,
Whats your email? I wanna get some price info on your vaccum form walls.

Thanks!

HouseOfHorrors
04-06-2010, 09:58 PM
I got $1000 on Rodney!!!! Lol

xtremecreator
04-07-2010, 09:24 AM
Larry I find it funny that you mention that it does not look like my creature but in the same breath you know they came from my molds.

You are so predictable. Anybody you stand up for is a thief. Keith, now Rodney. They are perfect for each other.

Rodney says he respects Larry so wont comment any further. He flat out tried to steal my creature, What could he possibly say? Respect has nothing to do with it. Rodney respects nothing.

I was trying to be a perfect gentleman with him until he turned into a PUNK. The only way a Punk understands is to stoop to his level of thinking , so I did.

I EVEN WROTE YOU AND STATED THAT IT ALL WORKED OUT FINE. YOU SAID GREAT!After that HE STARTED BEING A PUNK CALLING ME OUT.

Now the Facts:
XtremeCreators and a few other studios use a common truck driver for pick ups and delivery. When the driver delivered my molds they were in bad shape. I told him to return it to the mold maker he should have never sent them in this condition. The truck driver took it upon himself to sell the molds to another studio(i wont mention the studios name because Rodney drug him into it) Rodney found out about the molds and convinced HIM to make him a creature for his "haunt only". Here in turn Rodney put the creature up on his line of new items and put it on the cover of his catalog instead of just using it at the haunt.

Now if any of you vendors out there had this happen to you what would you do?

I have been to unit70 about 20 times. If you go behind thier building you will see a stock pile of molds from Yogoth to army guys and so on. Maybe I should take them out of the garbage and produce them. Is this what all you guys look at as OK?

If this is ok with this industry then I will start producing gore galore, scareF, and whoever else. You think it will be ok with them when they see thier product for sale in my booth? Even better I have 5200.00 I paid you larry for the CGI effects... Can I reproduce those and sell them. Is this ok........Lets get real here.

This gets better. The studio that has my molds and I talked with was like a gentleman and resolved it in 1 phone call. He is a good guy. Rodney on the other hand wants trouble and hes going to get it.

Here is the letter from that studio that produced Rodneys so called creature WARNING HIM SEVERAL TIMES NOT TO DO IT.

hello there, i understand now there has been a mis understanding in the way of the rights of the monster molds i had purchased last summer, these molds wer delivered to my studios in terrible shape. i worked very hard to bring this awsome piece back to life, i made two statics for my haunt, a customer i just met last year [rodney] saw a pic of one i painted and said he would love to buy one set of skins for his big attraction in ohio, i told him the molds might get one more pull and there done, these are so large that i needed to break them asap for studio space, he said ok , closer to the show im hearing he wants to take this to the show , im in aw ! i told him , i have the rights to sell a skin or 2 before they fall apart,as far as i know,thats what i was told by john, but i told him that would more than shady sence this monster was already introduced years before , he told me , dont worry it will be fine , i will handle it, i said why dont we just create an original design, because i can sculpt this size creature in about 2 weeks or so, he said there is no time and i need to go to the show large, i said i dont think this is a good idea ,i thought this was for the haunt only, he said again dont worry ,i will handle the bs,, i asked rodney 15 times or more ,are you sure- lets just do a new design, it will be fresh and something new ,this will be fun , this one has been seen already , he said we can do that soon but im, still waiting on that deal, i lost $ on this deal anyway due to materials is a killer for this huge monster, i know now this is still your baby, no big deal to me at all , i will do whats right. i am a custom sculpture studio , with over 375 molds of my own work, 30+ fuller molds w/ no signed contract , and 12 hollywood studio molds purchased from original studios, i am up to my ears in mold .I have a great rep, ask anyone, i have supplied the industry with the best of the best for 15 years, this is a headache ,that i dont need , im sure right there with this, i have much respect for others , their creations and copywrites, i will end this problem asap and sledge the molds, they can go right in to the dumpster, no prob, they have made no $ here,only taking up tons of space, i tried to call you 2day 3 or 4 times, im sure you are a very nice guy , and i would be upset aswell, i now how it feels , i have people remolding my work in ,japan , mexico, australia, germany, and who knows where else, believe me i understand where you are coming from, just remember i was told these were our molds now , it seems some one has lied to me in a major way, where is the joy in creating a knock off, iam bieng told by dave(SF) now that rodney has done this before , i am trying to stay away from shadey people in this biz , but it seems like they are everywhere ! where is the truth- is there any one real left in this industry?? john let me know your thoughts, im a reasonable guy, best regards`

See he was warned several times and still went with it. IS THIS STILL OK?

Like I said there is alot more to this that just burys Rodney deeper. He continues to be a punk, threatening , so I called him out on it. He accepted then backed out. Now hes accepting again. Ok Lets do this! Lets get the logistics. You sign the paper, I will sign the paper and we will settle this. This is the way you want...fine

Larry you find that funny:)? Hmmm awhile back, I remember a match between you and we all know who........

Hey horrors, ill cover your bet of 1000.00. Would you like to raise it?

Xtreme

Slain
04-07-2010, 09:58 AM
Xtreme,
Just for my info, can you tell me if Rodney is the guy that has been working with Keith Korner and had a booth this year at Transworld? (some dancing granny?)
Thanks

xtremecreator
04-07-2010, 10:08 AM
Slain,

I will only tell you what I know for sure and is fact. Keith produces all the vacuum form products for rodney. I suspect that Keith might do more for Rodney or even go as far as partners but I do not know that.

Thanks

Slain
04-07-2010, 10:41 AM
I kind of knew that from Transworld last year.. Thanks.. Good luck in dealing with all of this shit. I don't understand why people can't come up with their own ideas instead of stealing others...

freak 'n' stein
04-08-2010, 12:53 AM
I don't want any part in this...but I do find it odd the unit 70 site and the xtreme creators site both open with "roots crawling" onto the screen...lol

MDKing
04-08-2010, 07:57 AM
No, the item and booth in question was just outside the Darkzone. Rodney sells all those awesome vacu formed walls and animations.

Allan

soultrkr
04-08-2010, 11:04 AM
If this really does turn physical I suggest you find an MMA gym and settle it there just in case you guys are serious about fighting each other. At least then someone is there to stop it if it gets out of hand. Don't forget to record it and put it on youtube. Um as for the post maybe it is just me but this sounds more like all of this needs to be going through lawyers at this point. I get the fact you are angry but on a forum there is no way to verify if you are just making these things up or not. If you own the rights to the molds exclusivly and have legal documentation or if you made them yourself then you need to take your case to a lawyer. Posting your frustrations on a forum like this just gets people involved who do not know the facts from either side and just creates a mess and more bad blood.

drfrightner
04-08-2010, 11:55 AM
XTREME,

Let me clarify for you... I'm not a party to your problem. I never really looked at your animation two or three years ago. I do remember as it looked to me was different not the same animation. I have put a video up online of this animation working. How about you put an animation of your prop working on line do you have one?

Secondly, my point to you is that Rodney apparently bought a mold, this is what we've all been told now. Again Rodney didn't break into a bank and steal it he bought it... so again I rationally tell you a fact... your beef is with the artist and no one else.

Your beef isn't with Rodney its with the artist who sold the mold to someone else. If you didn't pay that artist, or you owe him, or he has rights, you don't this that or the other I don't know. That is between you and the artist who created that sculpt and mold.

Yes or no?

What is the artist who sculpted and created the molds saying. That is all that matters. If he owns the sculpt and molds he can do whatever he wants with them. If not then you have a point. Larry

xtremecreator
04-08-2010, 12:52 PM
Larry, NO. You have it all mixed up. You are either playing games here or are just not seeing it which is remakable to me because I think of you as sharper than a tack person. What gives??? Are we playing the dumb game for a friend?

If you really want to know exactly all the details I will forward you the e mails from all involved.

I will give Rodney this much he did not deny it was my creature. Thats the only thing he did right.

The molds have been sledged by the srudio that bought them under false pretenses because he knew all along what Rodney was trying to do. He warned him 15 times. I really did not care where the molds went because they were already used up and if someone did try and make a creature they could only make 2 or 3. No big deal to me. Heres the problem...DONT PUT IT UP FOR SALE AND SELL QUANITIES. HELLO! Wasnt there a discussion on that on this board?

That is no longer an issue. My Creature, My Molds, Period

You might not think its my creature is beause it was badly done and he was trying to make it look different by warping the skins and air brushing. Like I said...no longer and issue. I did like the way it moved. I will give him that much....

Larry you know full well that my creature has been up on my site created by Savage for over 3 years now. Are you kidding me? Hey! anyone that knows me. do you guys find this funny to? I want to know why you are twisting this around? Would you like me to forward all the emails stating Hey This Guy Copied your Creature and so on. I have at least 7 of those. This is the first year in 7 I did not go to transworld. Rodney knew i was not going. How do you think I found all this out to begin with from members and freinds on this site. I have others that say hey John did you sell your creature to Rodney? It goes on and on and that does not include the emails stating what Rodney has done to others. Some are from a major vendor and others are from many of the key players on this site. You would be surprised. DO WE HAVE TO GO THERE?

Think Im making this up. I will send you and only you the emails as long as you agree not to spill these peoples names out...

I can not believe I have to explain any of this. You seen my creature at someone elses booth. I am being treated by you larry as if I had his creature in my booth and printed in my catalog.

Thats all the proof I need. Rodneys only reply above is to call me on again. He did not stand up for himself what so ever. How can he? His exact words to the studio was , and I quote: "dont worry I will handle all the BS".................

He knew he was doing wrong from the time the idea hit him in the head........

John

drfrightner
04-08-2010, 03:09 PM
John,

Have the artist himself let us all know this is the case. I've heard different things like you didn't pay for the molds or this or that... you can't expect us to take your word for it anymore than we should take Rodney's. The person who sculpted the stuff should be the one who can confirm everything.

Other than that no man no one is playing games here but lets be honest you seem to have a lot of problems ... you had a haunt that you said was your someone else was trying to sell you are going to sue them they are going to sue you, they say its theirs you say its not, it just seems like who knows.

Again I'm not saying you are right or wrong I'm just saying the artist himself does he own the molds somehow Rodney got them and I can ONLY ASSUME he got them from the artist...why did the artist do that?

That is why the artist should address this issue. That resolves everything.

Larry

Darkblood
04-08-2010, 03:12 PM
I'm not getting between the two since I don't know either personally but respect them both...and I did not attend Transworld.
My take was this as I watched Youtube videos of Transworld 2010 was "Wow, there's Xtremecreator's Grudge!" Then I realized it was from Nightscream and was like "Oh, that looks just like the Grudge I saw online and at MHC before? Weird..."
I immediately recognized that.
I hope this gets resolved soon and with civility.

Kirk

Monster Asylum
04-08-2010, 04:15 PM
Hello,
Just to clarify things. My name is Jonathan Fuller. I Own Monster Asylum.
I AM the original designer and sculptor of the GRUDGE. I was hired by John Merk over at XtremeCreators to design this piece for his company to recreate and sell.
John Merk is the only one who owns the rights to create and sell the Grudge.
I have original pictures of MY sculpture and a signed contract between John and myself.
There may have been a mix up with these "molds" but that has all be cleared up and put to rest.
John just received my personal copy of the Grudge and retains all rights and the right to recreate and sell as he chooses. NO ONE ELSE!

Thank you

www.monsterasylum.com

Patti Ludwinski
04-08-2010, 04:48 PM
I know, I know...Of course I'm gonna defend Larry, but here goes...

John, I don't know of any "friendship" between Larry and Rodney other than just business, so I don't think Larry's comments were in defense of any "friend". I think Larry, as administrator of this forum, wants to or feels compelled to ask the tough questions to get deeper to the bottom of any accusation that's posted. Same goes for ANY post Larry has ever made in reply to ANY accusation against a vendor that's been made on here in the past. This is the exact reason why the Forum frowns upon these type of posts to begin with. I know Larry, and if you were wronged, he completely and utterly empathizes with YOU and no one else. Again, I think he's just trying to get deeper, without taking sides, that's all.

If Rodney were the one who started the post, accusing you of 'wrongfully halting production of his animation' or something, I'm 100% positive Larry would've been probing Rodney to post all the sorted details rather than just his brief one-sided detail as well.

While I don't know documented facts and therefore cannot/will not take sides,
I personally think this entire scenario sucks for you and for what you now must be going thru because of it. Regardless of whether Rodney has 0% fault, 1% fault or 100% fault...It still sucks, and I hope it gets resolved for you quickly. My heart goes out to you.

Patti

xtremecreator
04-08-2010, 05:05 PM
Wow! Thank You, we never met but I like you. New Top Administrator please. Just kidding......
Your right and I do understand now where Larry is coming from. Its not my fault that in the last year I dragged out a couple of bad guys. Im just standing up for whats right, and I am not always right, far from it .....but when I am, I just cant let the bad guy go without a lesson.

John

SlightlySick Illusions
04-08-2010, 05:07 PM
To all artists and creators!

It is not hard or expensive to go through the process of obtaining a legal copyright on things you produce and want to protect. Take pics of the process and finished product and get your copyright taken care of before you go to market. At least that way you have a legal leg to stand on if someone does steel your work.

xtremecreator
04-08-2010, 05:08 PM
Copyright was Done in 2008.

Thanks

SlightlySick Illusions
04-08-2010, 05:12 PM
Get a lawyer then, I was told he sold 14 of these at the show. Although I found it funny he packed it up and took it with him.

SlightlySick Illusions
04-08-2010, 05:52 PM
Just my opinion but the only win win would be for you guys to set aside your differences and team up to make this great creature. You make the skins and he makes the animatronics and paints it. It was very popular at the show this year with the added gore and movements.

HouseOfHorrors
04-08-2010, 06:01 PM
So in other words you have the "Grudge" for sale on your site, but can't even produce it - you don't even have the molds?? I find it hard to believe a truck driver took your molds, went to deliver them to you and you didn't accept them, so instead of shipping them back to the sender this "truck driver" went and found another studio and tried to make a deal and sell the molds to them?? Now why wouldn't you or the original sculptor of the studio have went after the truck driver who hijacked the molds and sold them to a 3rd party??? I dunno but this story sounds awfully fishy to me.. you can bet your ass if I had a huge creature sculpted for me that those molds would be in my possession!!! Unless of course I never paid for the mold in full.... hmmm.....

xtremecreator
04-08-2010, 06:16 PM
Tim,

You got it exactly right. New better molds were produced. The original molds were damaged in ship and far from acceptable. Go back and read what FULLER says.

Oh yea, as far as NOT paying. Thats a joke. Why would anyone send anything if it werent paid for. would you ship me molds if i did not pay you. I cant believe this.I feel I have to explain things at a 2 year old level here.

Honestly I did not think the driver could sell them. They were done(USELESS) to me. If you can get a decent crearture out of it or 2 I DONT CARE.. DO NOT TRY AND REMOLD AND START A PRODUCTION AND PUT IT ON A CATALOG AND DISPLAY IT AT
A CONVENTION. Is this sinking in yet? Tell me Mr. Tim what did I do? Speak Up?
Obvisiously your Rodneys friend. Lets hear it. Im protecting whats mine. PERIOD

This story goes deeper then this issue with Rodney. As soon As I opened a haunt he turned on me, when we were friends. I tried to be his friend. His e mails to me are threats and my haunt is better then yours crap. I have always said he has a nice haunt but thinks I spead crap about it. Thats his halucination. I compete with no one but myself.

He purposely did this ,His words to the mold buyer/studio "he will take all the BS". The mold buyer knew better and Rodney knew better. Do you see me bashing the studio buyer? one phone call ...done and settled. A very nice guy

Rodney got all bent with our ads because my X partner posted Best Haunt in the USA. My x partner also matched Rodneys ads ..ad for ad and spared no exspense.
I tried to stop him, but tell someone who makes 80 mil a year he cant do that? at least moraly for Christ sake its our first year. Partner was clueless

Oh by the way , I have antique Mickey Mouse Molds does that mean I can mass produce. Get real. If you want to mass produce you need to contact the owner Which I have done by the way in my other business. Wheres Rodneys Paperwork? He should have a Release of Rights Signed by me.

The sad thing is here is a very successful guy in the Haunt Business and started a succesfull vending business won a mil in the lottery has a great wife and daughter and he still feels like he has to cheat.? Pathetic...

Any way, Im done with the 3 year old crap

SlightlySick Illusions
04-08-2010, 07:15 PM
"Any way, Im done with the 3 year old crap "

Good for you, I have learned that sometimes it's better to just cut your losses and walk away!

Von Spooky Nachos
04-08-2010, 09:51 PM
... but it was immediately evident at the show that the figure Rodney was selling was a slightly different "Grudge". I looked at thge sculpt qand could tell it was from the same molds, I just figured John sold Rodney the molds.

Regarding copyright, artistic pieces are protected by copyright law upon completion wether you apply for them or not. All John has to show is his catalog from 2008 or it's also in the "13th Hour" magazine volume 1, edition 2 on page 58.

Also, ruined molds or not, one can easily re-generate molds off of an original copy.

drfrightner
04-08-2010, 10:19 PM
Couple things...

1) Thank you patti. You hit the nail on the head. Thanks again. I'm not always the best with words.

2) Monster Asylum: Tell us how did Rodney end up with the molds for this monster if you had them and no one was suppose to sell them other than Xtreme. Good question please let us know.

Reason I ask is I don't think its fair for anyone to accuse Rodney of anything if he didn't do anything he thought was wrong. Did he or didn't he get the molds from YOU? If he did how did he get them and why did you send them if you were not suppose to send them to anyone else.

I'm just trying to figure out how does someone else make this monster if they dont' have the molds to make the monster itself... this is weird.

Larry

drfrightner
04-09-2010, 01:39 PM
I guess no answer means someone shipped Rodney the molds which explains why this happened. So again this isn't Rodney's fault so I wish this would get cleared up once and for all so we can move on...

Larry

xtremecreator
04-09-2010, 02:44 PM
Larry, Jon is on his way to a trade show.I spoke with him He will answer no problem. Meantime Read what Sawdust wrote. BRILLIANT!

drfrightner
04-09-2010, 03:05 PM
Thanks for the update. Yes I'm aware that you can try and take a mold off a finished pull but it was my impression that he did not do that ... either way let me end it this way. Can we simply have the artist involved the person who made the monster to begin with state for the record he gave a pour of the grudge to Rodney, gave up the molds, agreed to offer pours or whatever.

If he wasn't suppose to do that fine, and now its cleared up great, just don't want someone blamed for a misunderstanding. Everything seems to me like a misunderstanding not someone trying to steal.

But once the artist clears this up then its resolved. Larry

drfrightner
04-10-2010, 12:51 AM
Sawdust...

I think you and I are on the same page here...

I'm trying to stay in the middle, and to tell you the truth really hate seeing these debates play out on the forums. Some issue should get resolved so everyone is happy and we all move on.

However and I think we are both on the same page here, I think any accusations at Rodney are unfair IF the original molds created by the original artists was sent to Rodney or copies pulled for Rodney. Rodney can't know what the deal with whomever is if the original artist has the molds and he makes copies then its the original artists fault if indeed the original artist doesn't own the copies.

We need the original artist to simply say... BOOM look guys I thought I owned them and I sold a copy to Rodney or I never sold a copy to Rodney don't have a clue where Rodney got them. Then its all resolved and we know the who the what and the where.

I think this will resolve it once and for all then we can get down to brass tax... Rodney can make copies or he can't make copies. Considering XTreme Creators isn't really pushing the product line anymore maybe he should sell his rights to Rodney and move on.

Something and get this over with.

Larry

creep house
04-10-2010, 03:04 AM
Hey guys , just wanted to show you my New Monster i have been working on.....

Creep House Productions

xtremecreator
04-10-2010, 08:20 AM
Larry, you are trying so hard to save face for Rodney.

The fact is the more questions you ask us the more it buries him.

You stil have it wrong.

He maliciously did this on purpose.

I could fry him in court but its not my style to sue.

Explain what he did to David (SF) in the past. The same exact thing . My lawyer was prepared to file an emergency restraining order to stop his sales of my creature.

Lets seee...a MISUNDERSTANDING TWICE?

Wait for Fuller to reply with the last nail in the coffin even though its already been half pounded in.....

Wheres Rodney? Not a single reply of defense...he has none.
Hey Rodney, How about saying Im Sorry. Im easy to deal with. Just a plain Im Sorry and its over.

Larry , I will explain why I have not been around i n the last year after we finish with Rodney .
if you really want to know...........

freak 'n' stein
04-10-2010, 06:40 PM
Hey guys , just wanted to show you my New Monster i have been working on.....

http://hauntworld.com/haunted_house_forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=4181

Creep House Productions

lmaoooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D

xtremecreator
04-11-2010, 08:28 AM
If I am shown that I am wrong in any part of this ,
I will apoligize to Rodney in Public in my underwear and to this entire hauntworld community and I will shut down my haunt, my prop business and I will give it to Rodney and you will never see me on hauntworld or any trade show again.

If none of what I posted is true Rodney has a Huge Winning Case of Slander . Advise him to start proceedings and we will post those results as well.

FEAR ASYLUM
04-11-2010, 08:44 AM
GEESH no matter what the out come please remember we as haunters are family

graystone
04-11-2010, 09:39 AM
Stuff like this is what gave me a name in this Industry. I fully understand why Larry is asking all the questions, he is looking for all the facts .Now on that note from what I can see John has went above and beyond proving his case. I myself have no beef with Rodney and gave him busines at TransWorld but I can say this he sure has been quiet on this matter.

When I was at the show and seen Rodneys booth I said WOW he must be selling the Grudge for John yes its the exact same prop that I seen in Vegas when John showed it there no if, and's or but's ITS JOHNS MONSTER. Again I have done business with Rodney and I have done business with John I do seem to know John a litte better than Rodney and it seems that most of this could end if Rodney would just say '' John I made a bad call in judgement yes it was from the same mold its the Grudge and I am sorry" I myself think that is all John is asking for other than the fact he's standing up and protecting something he's proud of and that's something we all would do and have done. John don't be ashamed for what you have done I would have done the same thing. Rodney you should not be ashamed either you made a bad decision something we all have done one time or another. Now on a personal note Rodney I am asking you would you make all this right with John? I will be more than glad to work with you guys if I can help either of you in any way. Shane and its I am just a phone call away! Shane this time.

xtremecreator
04-11-2010, 09:46 AM
Im Willing... I can forgive

I tried t avoid all this on board. Would everyone rather see an uproar at transworld, or sue a fellow haunter? Rodney lets talk.....

Sincerly,
John

graystone
04-11-2010, 11:25 AM
John the power of forgiveness is and will be an incredible relief. Shane and its good luck guys! Shane this time.

drfrightner
04-11-2010, 11:29 AM
Extreme... you keep saying this and that and its been days now and still no artist come clean with facts. Look his original post doesn't say one thing about how Rodney got the molds or the pull. Again I can only assume he gave Rodney one... at this point I think its a dead issue and your beef is with the guy you hired to sculpt the piece.

If someone is under the impression they can use it they can if its coming from the original artist. Maybe the artist thought he could sell it maybe not I don't know but he's not saying one way or another.

I hope you can just get this whole thing cleaned up off line.

Larry

xtremecreator
04-11-2010, 11:39 AM
Here we go again.....Larry not even the artist himself can make another creature period. Its not his right to even give permission to anyone to produce it. Its mine period.

STOP IT..... He is at a trade show for the weekend he was already 8 hours late when he posted the first statement. He had to set up and such . You know how taxing that is. Give him a break.

He will be replying dont worry......and when he does I want to hear what you have to say then.

Why cant Larry ask Rodney where he got permission or rights. Wheres all Rodneys answers. he could stop this in a minute.

Larry your treating me as I am the thief...

YOUR THE ONLY ONE THAT DOES NOT GET IT. But Im smarter then that, you get it exactly right.
Your just hanging on that fine thread of the artist might not answer which means NOTHING!

Who Cares......I lost my respect for you. Delete this thread.
Ill sue him instead and everyone can still deal with a shady crook.

If this was my family member I would say what the F--- are you doing? What were you thinking? I got your back but you need to go and make this right.

You people do not even realize the evilness in his thoughts to pull this scheme. Not even a Wow I would never thought he would do something like this. You hear it the news everyday. Listen just because a guy has a successful haunt and has sold you used props that happen to work does not make him a good guy. Hes done this twice.

Do you really know anybody?Like I said you hear it all the time.

No, what I see is videos of him standing proudly next to my creature and his mouth running a mile a minute. Is this your beloved haunt industry? You must be proud of Rodney?

Your all a joke. Is this acceptable? As an hha member or any other member in the haunt industry which Im none , is this allowed in your organizations? If so, Whats the point of joining? no recourse to your member or help to set him straight? No Rules? No Nothing?
Your kidding me.......thats why this industry is looked down on and avoided because of people like this and no one cares. Wake Up...

As far as Rodney, well now you know who he really is now.

My take on it:
He was a good guy that fell under the influences of Keith

Thanks Larry Appreciate it

creep house
04-11-2010, 02:26 PM
Now its OVER ? .....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1sONfxPCTU0

Casey ...Creep House Productions

.................................................. ...............

xtremecreator
04-11-2010, 02:45 PM
I think we should be serious about this and give him a chance to answer. Its not fair.

ihauntu
04-11-2010, 06:49 PM
I'm not on here everyday to see or read everything.
About once every 10days.
So now I'm reading everything here and lots to say!!!
First off, Mr.Merk it's obvious your upset and I apologize your so up set.
But you have talked so much shit about me and have sent me so many emails threatening to whip my ass, and then post on here I backed down. ANY TIME ANY WERE!! You want to challenge me, then lets do it! less talk more action! I don't back down, I have always loved fighting,wresting and competition.that's just how I was raised from a small child.
So many emails calling me every fowl word in the book. I would love to post them on here!!! That would show everyone on here what kind of a person you are.
Then you send me a email saying I'll open a haunt right next door to your event and put me out, good luck with that! you have tried to run a haunted house for 2 years now and both years you go belly up and close down. open a haunt next door, good luck with that!
You said in a early-er post, that lots of vendors hate me and I have done them wrong. you mentioned Distortions,unit 70,and others. I have a great relationship with these companies! If Ed and Marsh didn't like me would they hug me when they see me? I do lots of business with these company's!
Would they dame near sell me there entire booth every year from the show! go out to dinner together after the convention,work together on future items and much more. I have spent lots with these companies, over 300,000.00 with unit 70 in the past 3 years! close to 150,00.00 with Scarefactory in the past 3 years.And will spend much much more now for my new haunt I'm opening with all of them!
Here's the bottom line to this entire post!
I was working with a company out of Arizona to create a new creature, then they got an opportunity from a truck driver to purchase some molds that were refused by the consignee on a delivery. The trucking company was not a normal freight company but a person that delivers items back and forth for studios. He stated that the molds were refused and the rights go with the molds and anything can be done with them, he was paid for them and that is what was said. The company that paid the freight guy even emailed me stating "I bought the molds fair and Square...along with the rights to pour and sell these skins. I was told by fuller, their contracts with this piece was completely terminated..."
At that point we paid for a skin and animated it!
If I was to have known that this would have turned into a huge ordeal, then I would have gladly paid the company to sculpt a new creature. After talking with them and there Attorney, we could keep selling these or just end all the bull shit and smash the molds. Both I and the studio that has the molds would have never went this far if we new any thing different, and agreed to no longer sell any!!! It wasn't the year for huge animations with most haunts having a bad season due to the weather and economy. And I'm going to pay this company to sculpt a massive larger all new creature for next year. With that being said our new website will be up in a week and no Swamp Beast will be on the website, and if any calls come in for a Swamp Beast, it will be advised there no longer available.
So now be a man of your word and no more post as you stated you would.

terror123
04-12-2010, 02:27 AM
All I have to say is give me a break...John I feel sorry that you have received so much crap from everyone. I know exactly what you are talking about with Rodney. He did "copy" SF in 2001 or 2, I can't remember. I can't stand the "I have always loved fighting, wrestling and competition. that's just how I was raised from a small child." What is that supposed to mean? Who cares? Rodney you mentioned in your post "You said in a early-er post, that lots of vendors hate me and I have done them wrong. you mentioned Distortions,unit 70,and others. I have a great relationship with these companies! If Ed and Marsh didn't like me would they hug me when they see me? I do lots of business with these company's!" And then about scare factory you say..."close to 150,00.00 with Scarefactory in the past 3 years." All you mention about SF is the $$ amount that you spent. That says NOTHING about your relationship with them. If Rodney is "innocent" why is he pulling the "Swamp Beast (Grudge)" from his product line? What about Scare Parts? What did Kieth do to people? RIP THEM OFF! With the exception of Larry. But who stands up for the little guy. It says a lot about your company right there. Been gone for so long and as soon as you pop up again it is like DE ja vu. I think that EVERYONE needs to get off of Johns back...if ANY of you had something like this happen to them you would be just as pissed. Just my thoughts.

Monster Asylum
04-12-2010, 12:55 PM
I Jon Fuller DO NOT have the rights or authority to allow anyone to produce the Grudge Creature from any mold. Mr. Merk does. Contract is straight forward between us and John hold the rights entirely. I do not.

I Jon Fuller Can Not Sculpt or produce this creature in any form (Unless authorized by John Merk)

I Jon Fuller do not know Rodney he was not given permission to make any skins from any mold by me.

I do have a relationship with the studio that produced Rodneys Skins from Johns mold. The studio was not given permission by me to produce this for Rodney in any shape or form. I DO NOT have the right, John Does

I also did not give the truck driver permission.

Nobody on this planet has the authorization to give any rights on this creature except
John Merk/XtremeCreators LLC

drfrightner
04-12-2010, 02:40 PM
Lets see if we have this straight...

Someone sent Rodney the molds but they shouldn't have so that isn't Rodney's fault. Someone made an error.

Secondly, Rodney should not be making any or selling any copies of his monster. If Rodney wants to sell more big monsters he should have a new sculpt created.

Case closed.

Lastly, in the future I hope people can resolve these issues without making threats like we saw in this case here... and John man o man what can I say you seem to have more problems than a person can shake a stick at. Someone gets your molds, someone is selling your haunted house and props they say its theirs you say it yours, blah, blah. I hope this is the last problem we see and I hope you come back to the haunt show next year with a new monster or two. I love big monsters so hopefully you are in the game down the road.

Take care. Larry

bhsfx
04-12-2010, 06:36 PM
Its sad the moderators of this site let this go on as long as it did. Especially when there was no neutral ground on their part, and for whatever reason, just couldn't get the story straight - even though it was laid out very clearly.

JB

SAWDUST JONES
04-12-2010, 08:28 PM
Fuller's post today essentially disputes most everything said by a certain party and that's the end of it? Fine. The non-answer tells as much as the answer, and in my mind at least there is a big question mark as to a certain party's integrity. But that's just my opinion.

Here's my summary:

1. If someone sends you proprietary items and they shouldn't have, that's not your fault. However, if you make physical copies of / or from those proprietary items and sell them without explicit permission of the copyright holder, you are violating the law. Expect a lawsuit.

2. Before duplicating, marketing and selling items copyrighted by others, it's advisable to use "due diligence" to find out who owns the copyright and make sure you have a proper chain of title. A good place to start is to ask the owner of items. If you don't get proper permission, you may get sued and lose everything you have.

3. Legal opinions of a truck driver regarding legal matters that if violated could cost you everything you have, might not be trustworthy or accurate. For that matter, asking and relying upon permission to reproduce someone else's copyrighted items, from anybody other than the actual copyright owner, might not be trustworthy.

And most importantly, the Golden Rule:

Do unto other's as you would have them do unto you.

Jim Warfield
04-12-2010, 09:45 PM
Delivering to grocery stores from the Kraft Foods Co. wanted to give the store owner I worked for a real price break on a couple of cases of Miracle Whip.
"They were just extras that happened to get loaded, they weren't ordered by anybody, they said I could just sell them to anybody that wanted them, this happens all the time, it's OK."
Two weeks or so later this driver was unemployed, it was a good job too.
I wonder what he did wrong?
Gee Whiz?