PDA

View Full Version : How to get a hold of unit 70?

shawng
04-07-2010, 12:43 PM
Hi,

I want to order a couple of u70 props, but everytime i call i get a machine, and they never respond to my emails.

Anybody have an insider?

Shawn

Slain
04-07-2010, 12:45 PM
Here you go!!
Bo@unit70.com
Brady@unit70.com

sophisticatedterror
04-07-2010, 12:47 PM
Yes just email and be patient..they will get back to you for sure...they are always super busy.

shawng
04-07-2010, 12:53 PM
do you know if they were offering any transworld discounts?

sophisticatedterror
04-07-2010, 12:57 PM
Not that I know of....they will take care of you though...

graystone
04-07-2010, 04:47 PM
I talk to Brady all the time give me your number and I will have him call you! Shane and its everyone knows these guys are my boys! Shane this time.

shawng
04-07-2010, 04:53 PM
i pmed you shane.

thx

Jolly Pumpkin
04-07-2010, 05:03 PM
What's with these prop companies not being able to return calls or emails? It's so unprofessional. I guess they don't want the business, but who knows. Here's an idea. Have your cell phone on your side and use that as a number for people to contact if they can't get a hold of you through the business number. They could just hire a receptionist even.

I know of plenty of companies that are much larger and busier than many of these prop companies that answer their calls and emails right away or within a day. I just don't get it to be honest. You're having to use someone else who isn't part of Unit 70 Studios to contact them for you.

Am I the only one who thinks this is crazy? I say if they don't get back to you within a couple days, go with another company. If you aren't important to them, then they shouldn't be important to you. I think Unit 70 Studios has great products, but it's still unprofessional either way you look at it. These companies can either answer their phone calls and make thousands of dollars from customers or lose thousands because they aren't making enough time for customer service.

shawng
04-07-2010, 05:09 PM
JP: i am TOTALLY with you, i just didnt wanna go on a rant because i want to buy stuff from them, but from my trying to deal with unit 70 and ghost ride, both companys which i want to order things from right now, its like pulling teeth trying to get through, and get an order done

Grimley
04-07-2010, 05:42 PM
I agree. If you can't get back to me in a day or two then I just move on. It's not that hard to check emails and phone calls once a day no matter how busy you say you are.

wickedfarmer
04-07-2010, 07:47 PM
Not wanting to start or prompt a "pile on mentality" Ditto on communications. Not saying it was Unit 70; but I did decide to just say forget it...and quit trying to order $9000 of props once. I think after several of us have mentioned this and now with me piling on it is bordering on "unprofessional ranting" on this thread. Probably as big a reason why I trade more now than run them till they fall apart or store in my barn and rotate my own larger & larger stockpile of props. Trading is SO MUCH EASIER than aquiring more props to rotate on my own. There are some I seem to get prompt attention from; even two days after St. louis show this year; when I can only imagine how swamped they are. I will not say who the fast service was from just like I will not single out those who I have had a history of no contact back REPEATEDLY. But when I can't decide which new prop I like better; the companies that are on top of things win. I fall short myself calling back my customers some days who want to schedule a group at my corn maze. But repeated no call from same company..thats another issue when it is the norm not the exception. Hard contact doesn't cross a company off my list by any means. I have had poor quality control several years ago. Hidden lock nuts put on finger tight but never tightened that had I not gone over with a fine tooth comb before connecting air it would have came down on top of my head after cycling through about 2 times...and I believe that company addressed the issue I would will still do business with.

Brandon_K
04-07-2010, 08:02 PM
I'll play devils advocate. Many of these guys (especially U70) are constantly busy, non stop. We're in a very niche industry that is very seasonal, both during our "on season" as well as "buying season". Do you think they get many phone calls during December? Right now in this season, some days of the week they might get 40 phone calls, other days none. Is it really worth it to hire a receptionist? I can see prop pricing going up.

That being said, yes as a whole, most customer service sucks in our industry unfortunately. Setting up a VoIP system like Elastix or Trixbox isn't difficult (and even if you can't, there are consultants out there like myself that can for a very reasonable fee). The hardware is cheap, the lines are cheap, probably considerably less than what most pay now.

At our haunt I have a phone system setup with a full auto attendant for directions, hours, dates, etc etc. Press 9 for emergency which will ring any number, either an onsite extension or a cell. I get a voicemail in my inbox? It sends an email to me, which I get immediately on my Blackberry telling me who it's from and the length of the call. If I really wanted to, I could have it ring my cell at which point I can answer it or ignore it. If I ignore it, it can be sent back to the office system, thus I never have to hand out my personal cell phone if I don't want to.

With VoIP getting more and more mainstream, there isn't much excuse not to have a decent phone system with auto attendant and instant voicemail notification.

drfrightner
04-08-2010, 12:26 AM
Let me say this about Unit 70... I would agree they are somewhat hard to reach and I don't know why but

Let me say this when Unit 70 tells you they will get something done, they give you a date, and they stick to it 100% and they come through with flying colors. So yeah it might be somewhat difficult to get them on the phone but once you do they will come through with your order when they tell you.

I will try to pop Bo an email or phone call and let him know you guys are trying to reach him... they are a great company to work with. I think mostly the reason they dont' answer the phone all the time is because they are filling orders. Still and yes they should do a better job getting back to you but I doubt its intentional.

Larry