PDA

View Full Version : Whacky Shack Dark Ride

skullman79
04-15-2010, 11:16 PM
The Whacky Shack Dark ride at Waldameer Park, Erie, PA turns 40 this year! Built by Dark Ride pioneer, Bill Tracy, this is the last Whacky Shack dark ride that is still operating. To celebrate this very special milestone, DAFE (www.dafe.org) is having a birthday party at the park on May 22. You'll get exclusive ride time as well as a lights-on tour of this classic Dark Ride! You can find more info at the DAFE website! Hope to see you there!! Hope to see you there!

Banshee
04-16-2010, 07:56 AM
Awww... I luvs those old Dark Rides!!

IHAUNT
04-16-2010, 10:36 AM
There is a sweet spot inside me for all dark rides especially Bill Tracy's classic stuff.

I loved his take on the 'House Of Seven Gables' at Canobie Lake Park in Salem NH when I was growing up.

Unfortunately , they have since turned the building it was housed in into a gift shop & game parlor :(

Tom

FEAR ASYLUM
04-18-2010, 12:13 AM
i wonder if he created the phantazmagoria at the now defunct bells amusement park in tulsa oklahoma that was a cool dark ride for sure truly missed

FEAR ASYLUM
04-18-2010, 12:17 AM
here is a whole history of that ride http://www.laffinthedark.com/articles/phantasmagoria/phantasmagoria.htm

FEAR ASYLUM
04-20-2010, 10:45 PM
man this is really cool check it out the link

IHAUNT
04-21-2010, 12:01 PM
Yeah,

Laffinthedark.com has lots of info, pics & articles on all the dark rides in the U.S.
Operating or defunct.

I go to their site on a regular basis. Great stuff for dark ride fans!

Tom

www.HauntedOverload.com