PDA

View Full Version : Nightmare on Elm Street

soultrkr
04-30-2010, 08:07 AM
So if anyone went and saw this on the opening night let us know how it was.

chuck weber
04-30-2010, 08:29 AM
c'mon, someone had to go ..... reports please !!!

Banshee
04-30-2010, 09:11 AM
I haven't seen it, but have been reading spoilers that give bad reviews. They say the Freddy actor is not bad, but that they stray much too far away from the original story ideas to be any good. I'll pass and catch it later..

Nightgore
04-30-2010, 09:18 AM
Don't read into reviews because it was AWESOME!!! Great gore, awesome sets, stuck to the story (even better than the original) and good startles!! Jackie did an awesome job as Freddy and I really don't think Robert could have done it better!

I LOVED it... but I've love "most" of the horror remakes... Amityville, Texas Chainsaws, Friday the 13th... now add Nightmare to the list of faves!!

LOVED IT!!! Also, "doesn't stick to the original story.."... Well, IT DOES!!! Let's see... Freddy's a pedo... killed by parents... comes back to kill the kids (now grown up a little) in their dreams... and this movie actually throws-back some scenes and dialogue from the originals!!! How does it stray from the originals!?

GO SEE IT!! -Tyler

xxxdirk
04-30-2010, 10:27 AM
If you want to continue to see remakes, keep paying $$ at the box office. If you want to see NEW ideas, support the NEW movies...

Jolly Pumpkin
04-30-2010, 12:18 PM
From what I've seen it looks pretty kick ass and somewhat scary. If it's anything like the recent remakes like Friday The 13th, Halloween etc I'm going to hate the movie. Friday The 13th was one of the biggest pieces of crap I've seen in a long time. But I don't think that will be the case with A Nightmare on Elm Street.

HouseOfHorrors
04-30-2010, 12:26 PM
I will probably see this movie, although i'm really not expecting much... who knows maybe I'll like it. Wish Hollywood could come up with some new fresh ideas instead of rehashing everything.... I do have to say though Rob ZOmbies Halloween 2 was the biggest turd I have seen in a long time... that one was the WORST!!!

Scream Shack
04-30-2010, 12:40 PM
Agree 100%. Rob Zombie should not be allowed near another movie set EVER!

I will probably see this movie, although i'm really not expecting much... who knows maybe I'll like it. Wish Hollywood could come up with some new fresh ideas instead of rehashing everything.... I do have to say though Rob ZOmbies Halloween 2 was the biggest turd I have seen in a long time... that one was the WORST!!!

Darkangel
04-30-2010, 12:54 PM
Nightmare looks pretty good to me I'll see it. And I agree they should shoot Rob Zombie before letting his get close to another movie again. His first Halloween was bad and the second was ten times worse. Half of the film would have been a silent movie if you took out the "F" word it wad terrible and extremely low-brow, and brutal for the sake of being brutal.

DA

Howie Slobber Erlich
04-30-2010, 01:59 PM
I just got back from seeing it. It was ok. Just ok. I think Robert could have done a better job, but I understand that they wanted to give Freddy a new look. It was more vicious than any of the other Nightmare movies for sure. I did not like they few cgi scenes. I thought they looked pathetic. The "make you jump" parts, were done pretty well. On a scale from one to ten I would give it a six. Not one of the better remakes in my opinion, but still worth seeing.

Howie "Slobber" Erlich
Deadly Intentions Haunted Attraction
www.deadlyintentionshaunt.com

freak 'n' stein
04-30-2010, 03:45 PM
I hate how everyone expects remakes to be EXACTLY the same as the originals. Why the hell would I go see a movie that I've seen before if it's going to be EXACTLY the same, just shot in 1080p!?!!

I have to wait and see it on Sunday...can't waitttt! [especially after Tyler's review]

StackerSteve
04-30-2010, 04:00 PM
I dug all the Zombie movies. lol ;)

I hope they got the bugs worked out of this. Read that the reviews the first test screening were aweful. I'm not expecting much

chuck weber
04-30-2010, 04:05 PM
RENT IT. I think you will enjoy it.

drfrightner
04-30-2010, 08:32 PM
I read some reviews and they trashed this movie. I will see it anyway just because its Freddy. I think most of us haunted people will see it good or bad. I'm expecting it to be bad. I don't want to see Robert replaced by anyone. Just my personal take. Robert is Freddy.

As for Rob Zombie movies, he screwed up both Halloween movies, his movies I liked his remakes I did not like. To much foul mouth trailer park trashy scenes, scenes with Mike just stabbing endless one after another time and time again its pointless. I think his movies mostly are just brutal gore, and Halloween was about suspense.

I think some aspects of both his movies have good elements and some no a lot bad. The second one was totally pointless.

The first one I think in some ways was better than the original but in most ways much worse.

He should make a prequel to House of a Thousand Corpses.

Next UP HELLRAISER...

Larry

graystone
04-30-2010, 08:34 PM
My Bloody Valentine, Drag Me To Hell, liked them! Friday The 13th LOVED IT it was exactly like the 80's movies lots of blood! Halloween has always been my favorite and will be but the crap that Rob Zombie has came out with is Awful! After the 25th GD word I walked out. He has took a classic and made it appeal to crack smoking trailer park trash! I have said this many many times. Let me state for the record if you like it then go to it. I myself will not watch another one till they get rid of Zombie. Again this is my opinion and if you like them more power to you! Shane and its I am going to see Nightmare on Elm Street tomorrow! Shane this time!

the ogre
04-30-2010, 10:08 PM
literaly just walk out of the theater so here goes. Ok set design awsome. Very doable for haunts not to mention they get the wheels turning, the boiler room scenes are outstanding. I think this movie is it's own "nightmare". Jackie earl Haley brought a new flavor if you will to freddy, oh and the new freddy makeup/prothetics are pretty sweet. This movie is far from a remake but has a great corelation between new and old. Great blood great gore. Go in with an open mind and you will leave happy. I loved it hopfully you will too and I'll say this just say the trailer for Resident Evil "After Life" I'll tell you it looks so good.

Tim

drfrightner
05-01-2010, 12:32 AM
They are making a Halloween part 3 but in 3D... Rob Zombie is NOT directing. Larry

lurker
05-01-2010, 08:00 AM
I think it must be better, from a artistic prospective, to be a bad or mediocre writer/director in Hollywood. If you make bad or mediocre films you stand less of a chance of having them raped repeatedly in the form of sequels, remakes, and the now popular term "REBOOT".
I'd like to REBOOT my foot into there unimaginative arses.

brad
05-01-2010, 08:25 AM
I plan on seeing Nightmare when I get back in the states next weekend. I'm skeptical about it, but I can't wait to go see it!!

And as far as Rob Zombie, I liked the first Halloween remake going in it with an open mind. But I hated the second one!!

And I love all his music, except for his latest album. And I will go see him in concert next wekend in Little Rock, Arkansas!! Can't wait!!!!!

Darkblood
05-01-2010, 09:09 AM
Saw it last night. Loved it! The original is still better and I think Jackie did a great job, but Robert England is and always will be Freddy to me.
I will definitely buy this on DVD!

Kirk

robert
05-01-2010, 10:23 AM
SPOILERS Saw "Nightmare on Elm Street" last night and I was shocked at how tepid and unstructured it was compared to the original. In 26 years since the first one it's pathetic that this passes for filmmaking these days. Technically it's better than the original but that's about it. Honestly, once you see this film run the original on dvd or youtube and you will shake your head. The original is a story about Nancy and everything revolves around that. she's there to see the aftermath of the first murder and everyone thinks she has been traumatized by it. It's her struggle that holds our interest and holds the story together. Also Freddy is a supernatural creature in the original with stretching arms and maggots living inside him. In the new film he's just an undead burned man. DON'T GET ME STARTED ABOUT THE FACT THAT THEY REMOVED ALL THE SEX. What?.... Kids don't have sex anymore? I think they would have been better off with a completely original story.

chuck weber
05-01-2010, 11:28 AM
horizontal twist

graystone
05-01-2010, 08:19 PM
Just seen it! Its hard to beat Robert as Freddy but I have to say Jack made the character his own. I really loved it again can't replace the original but was a great movie! Shane and its why do I always love them and everyone else seems not to like them! Shane this time.

bhays
05-01-2010, 11:08 PM
I saw it today and loved it. Freddy is how he should be in this movie, a mean, sadistic, twisted bastard.... not a stand up comedian or game show host..

I give it two thumbs up. I love Robert and the original, but this was every bit as good.

maliciousstudios
05-01-2010, 11:14 PM
I hear they are making a remake of Transworld 2007.... I Hear it will be in 3D !!

HAAAAAA HAAA !!

Watched Nightmare remake lastnight... I say to clean, camera has wrong filter looks like a documentry film in most of the movie. The new Kruger is AWESOME but CGI sucked aXX... they seemed to use allot of ideas, names and situations from the original. Too bad here was a chance to give the character a new twist and show just how evil Freddy could be. Seems like film company was beating a dead dog with this one... It worked before so it worked again... it may have gotten bad reviews and may have left most limp but it got you into the theatre to watch it once again... ( I enjoyed it ) it got me out of the house and shop.

2 things that really bothered me ...

( 1 ) Crappy CGI of Fred stretching through the wall over Nancy ( Yes Nancy is back ! - atleast the name...)

( 2 ) girl who gets killed in bed with boyfriend watching her body fly across the room ... c-mon Hollywood... lets have some sort of imagination next time..lol

coasterfreak63
05-02-2010, 06:49 AM
Please tell me youre kidding about Halloween 3 in 3d, that would just be awful.

I dont get what the big deal is with 3d tv and movies, they tried it with hockey it was pointless and I just can't take any 3d movies seriousally.

The first halloween remake was decent and I heard so many terrible things about 2nd one that I didn't even bother.

After hearing some good things about this movie from you guys i'll probably check Nightmare on Elm Street out.

maliciousstudios
05-02-2010, 07:24 AM
The year 2010 has seen many new films released worldwide, with many yet to be released. A large proportion of these films are remakes, sequels, prequels, franchise reboots, and films based on TV shows, comic books, novels and video games....

Here are just a few 3D movies pumped up for this year...

Piranha 3-D
Resident Evil: Afterlife 3-D
Alpha and Omega 3-D
Jackass 3-D
Step Up 3-D
Saw VII 3-D

and a few more 3 D movies on the horizon.... not to mention the possibility of childrens movies.

Much like this industry what works for one company becomes a domino effect for all and when Hollywood sees something that works once they will runit into the ground !

( I was surprised when Nightmare wasnt announced in 3D ) Now there are a few rumors that there will be a 2nd Nightmare On Elm Street in the works.... well.... the box office will see my smiling face at the counter ONCE AGAIN cause I am a fan of horror and no matter what they make Im afraid I will want to see it....

DAMN... I need another HORROR fix already...lmao

FEAR ASYLUM
05-02-2010, 08:55 AM
saw it last night jacky did a good job but im with shane and robert not even close to beating the original but i will buy it when it comes out on dvd but will not go see a sequel resident evil afterlife 3D here we go again

FEAR ASYLUM
05-02-2010, 08:57 AM
step up 3D give me a fu----g break thats those most pathetic excuse to make a movie ever i wnt even waist my time on the trailer lol

maliciousstudios
05-02-2010, 09:28 AM
C'mon admit it.... we all wanna dance like them.... ROFL !!

Remember this ?

http://img.movieberry.com/static/photos/17831/poster.jpg

HAAAAA HAAAAA !!!!

NOW THINK OF THE MOVIE IN

3D

FEAR ASYLUM
05-02-2010, 10:07 AM
ok you got me im secretly a 80's freakazoid lol ok for halloween you can be ozone and i will be turbo ok lets dance

jakprintsHAUNT
05-02-2010, 05:55 PM
So watched the original on Blu Ray this morning, then went and saw the remake in XD...won't say I loved it, wont say I hated it. The bedroom wall scene though...completely ruined that...it looked like 80s cgi...the original version of that was soooo much better.

I will say he really had some extra "creep factor" toward the end..some of the latter one liners...actually surprised me how far they went. I didnt hate the makeup, but his voice at most times was iffy. You could tell he was wearing teeth other than when he yelled. The "glove play" was a little repetitive, and my main beef is that it seemed like they tried to cram too much in too little of time. I would have liked a little more attention to the action scenes and maybe a little more time to get more detail on the back story stuff. That and MORE PRACTICAL EFFECTS!!! So many films use it (CGI) as a crutch and ruins a lot of potentially good scenes. If it was all done practical it would have went up 3 notches.

I know it prolly sounds like I hated it, but I'm not mad that I seen it, just had some issues with a lot of it. Was I entertained? Yes. Was it better or on par with the original? Not in my opinion. If the original never existed would I have a different opinion? Probably would have liked it a little more. Its too hard not to compare. Those are my thoughts on it.

Mike "Pogo" Hach

Nightgore
05-02-2010, 07:04 PM
I thought it was better than the original... but I also just really don't like Robert Englund! Oh well... -Tyler

Darkangel
05-03-2010, 05:50 AM
I saw the movie yesterday. I think it was really good. It's not as good as the original and think that was in large part to Robert Englund as Freddy, he just made the character better. BUT, that's not to say that Jackie didn't do a good job.

This was one of the best horror movies that I've seen in quite a while, that I can think of. Between the played out Saw movies and all the other remakes or the Halloween films from zombie that were horrendous this is a GREAT movie!

DA

graystone
05-03-2010, 07:20 AM
I agree 100%! Shane and its I really enjoyed it! Shane this time!

robert
05-03-2010, 10:33 AM
Can't wait to hear Larry's review.

pnightmare
05-03-2010, 11:27 AM
I have seen episodes of Spongebob that were scarier than this! Nancy was lame, nothing new or original..if you have seen the previews, you have already seen any and all "good" parts. Nightmare on lame street!

damon carson
05-03-2010, 11:28 AM
I saw this on Friday. Just getting around to posting my personal thoughts on it till now. Basically I can say I was entertained. Here is what I liked about the movie. I liked the one liners thrown in. We all know Freddy is known for them. But these were more demented than the ones Robert used to have. I liked the makeup in its own right. Im not sayin I liked it better than the original Freddy but it looked decent. Jackie isnt as big or tall as Robert so that was off too. The scene in the hall way towards the end where the floor turns into a pool of blood was kickass! And then Jackie sayin something about "Now thats a wet dream!" was great! I thought the girl that played Nancy sucked! Almost as bad as the girl who plays Lori in the Rob Zombie Halloween movies. But anyway Rob Zombie needs to stick to writing and doing his own movies. Halloween was totally out of his league. He was basically offered the movie off the success he had with House of 1000 Corpses and Devils Rejects. And Im sure it was an offer he could'nt refuse. But anyway. Making a remake of Halloween 3 is a mistake. It was a mistake to stray from having Michael Myers in the 3 movie the first time. Now they are stupid enough to do that again?! I mean comeon! And the 3D is just the gimmick to get people to buy the ticket. Anyway back to Nightmare. It spent to much time jumping around and trying to confuse you when they were dreaming or not. And didnt hardly buildup the backstory like in the original with Nancys mother and trying to protect her since she was little and hiding and keeping the glove and all. Thats part of what made the original so good and suspenseful. Jackie did pretty good I will give him that. But Robert will always be Freddy Krueger. I give it about 3 out of 5 stars. Average rating.
Damon

graystone
05-03-2010, 05:31 PM
Lame or not ( which I disagree with in my opinion) I really liked the old blended with the new! Anyway Nightmare On Elm Street Grossed 32.2 Million taking in an average of $9995.00 per location making it the #1 grossing movie of the weekend, so its off to a good start I think it will do good again this weekend. Shane and its does this make Freddy a millionaire? Shane this time!

pnightmare
05-03-2010, 07:34 PM
Save your money for Iron Man!!!

Darkangel
05-03-2010, 09:08 PM
Iron man? That looks horrible too. It looks like it's more about flash than substance. I'm expecting hearing those corny one liners like the ones they stating saying in Batman when he said corny things like "chicks dig the car". This iron man looks really cheesy Nightmare will be better wait to see Thor or Captain America if you like comic book character movies.

Umby
05-04-2010, 04:49 AM
The year 2010 has seen many new films released worldwide, with many yet to be released. A large proportion of these films are remakes, sequels, prequels, franchise reboots, and films based on TV shows, comic books, novels and video games....

Here are just a few 3D movies pumped up for this year...

Piranha 3-D
Resident Evil: Afterlife 3-D
Alpha and Omega 3-D
Jackass 3-D
Step Up 3-D
Saw VII 3-D

and a few more 3 D movies on the horizon.... not to mention the possibility of childrens movies.

Much like this industry what works for one company becomes a domino effect for all and when Hollywood sees something that works once they will runit into the ground !

Its not a domino effect.

The push for 3D movies is because 3D television is coming down the pipe so fast its frightening.

Its a manufacturer driven idea and Hollywood producers are scrambling to make 3D movies as quickly as humanly possible so they make it to 3D blu-ray in a timely manor.

BTW... I liked the new Nightmare ;)

drfrightner
05-04-2010, 09:30 AM
Okay I saw it at a drive inn so I didn't get the FULL effect. Aside... here is my thoughts on the movie.

The Bad: I think good movies should be re-made when due to new technology you can improve the film. Take Clash of the Titans that was one of my favorite movies in the 80's and due to cool CGI yes you can improve the effects hence maybe that movie should be re-made.

I think in the case of Nightmare I see no reason to re-make the original because it was not needed. The original is scarier than the new one, sure it doesn't have as much backstory but other nightmare films did offer those backstories.

I saw no reason to remake the film other than to make money. For that reason I'm not a fan of the movie. I think a prequel would have be great.

The movie really wasn't a whole lot different than the original for the most part and they kept many of the iconic scenes. I hated the make up.

THE GOOD: The movie wasn't bad, and it was a totally different take on Nightmare the new Freddy was I'd say a bit mean with less humor. This Freddy meant all business and I'd say I'd hate running into this Freddy more so than the last one. But on the flip side it was that personality that made Freddy Freddy.

This movie is more brutal more blood... and they explain the child molester thing much better.

OVERALL: I think it was a good movie but when you take a lot of ques from the original it should be. I'd rate it a 7 out of 10.

Larry

coasterfreak63
05-08-2010, 10:23 PM
Just saw it and it wasnt all that bad as critics had sought it out to be.

I wasn't exactly a fan of freedy's new face and I fell like the old Freddy just cant be replaced.

I did like how they unfolded the story and went into more depth about the molestation.

Could not stop laughing at the " how bout this for a wet dream", line it was just too funny.

Overall it was pretty good, better than I was expecting, but it didnt blow me away.

freak 'n' stein
05-16-2010, 08:35 PM
Just got back...it was GREAT in my opinion. The only downside I saw was the new make-up. You just can't touch the original!!

I guess because the original was from 1984 and I wasn't born until 1989, I saw the first Nightmare film when I was about 6 or 7, probably younger. Needless to say, it was scary then and I don't remember much of it now. Seeing the 2010 version was pretty much a fresh experience for me so I had nothing to compare it to. The ending was a bit weak, but overall I loved it...and can't wait for the next installment -- because you know it's coming (most likely in 3D) haha!!! ;)

brad
05-16-2010, 08:46 PM
I saw the movie over the weekend, and liked it, but didnt love it.

I thought the makeup was kinda plain until they showed the close-ups of his face towards the end. I was pretty impressed then. You could see his tendens and muscles moving under the skin on the left side of his face.

Like Shawn, its been forever since I've seen any of the movies except the first one. But I wanted to go in with an open mind since I knew they were re-doing the series.

Overall it was good, but it didnt blow me away.

Looking forward to the next one though!