PDA

View Full Version : New company Pumpkin Pulp at Transworld

pumpkinpulp
02-18-2007, 05:53 PM
We invite everyone to come by and visit our booth this year at Transworld and introduce yourself. We are at booth #6313. We are a new company that will be providing all kinds of new nasties for your haunts including our new Sideshow Series. You can also visit our new web site at www.pumpkinpulp.com. We look forward to seeing everyone!

Nightgore
02-18-2007, 06:16 PM
Nice props but your walls are WAY overpriced... I don't see alot of people (if anybody) buying them!

I love the "Death of a Scarecrow", very nice. -Tyler

xxxdirk
02-18-2007, 07:29 PM
Again, cool stuff but $225 for a black wall? Is that a misprint? I mean, you can build one & paint it and fireproof for around $25.....

Kevin Dells
02-18-2007, 07:37 PM
Well if your looking for feedabck your going to find it here!
Im with the other guys, your WAY overpriced on all your items!

Their right, we have had a lot of talk on this board just recently about wall panels and we pretty much agreed that a solid black wall panel,Fireproffed will run at a high guess of 100$.

Please convince me why your panels are priced 4 times more and why would i want them over a basic wall panel i can build in a half hour.

I"ll look around at other wall panel company's but im pretty sure you have them all beat!

NightMareManor
02-18-2007, 07:48 PM
If you guys look closer at the description it says that its a black wall with flourescent artwork on it.

But I agree, 400 dollars is a little steep. Larry only charges 250 dollars per 4x8 panel, and his company has proved itself to be very high quality.

So I would too like to know, Why so much?

Otherwise... cool site! and good luck at transworld!

pumpkinpulp
02-18-2007, 07:53 PM
Thanks for the input. I was wanting to work out any kinks before the show. We just added the wall panels as an extra item for the web site. I own another company www.brianblairstudios.com and we get $400 for double sided custom painted wall panels for laser tag arenas and blacklight golf courses. Most of our walls are very intricate. Also, there are other companies that have custom UV panels that are more than $400.

Jim Warfield
02-18-2007, 08:01 PM
I am not at all familiar with this "UV" product. Would this mean when someone stands beside the wall it makes their clothing seem to vanish, making them look naked?
Send me 27 panels.
Send Mr. Tuxedo 30 for his own personal use.
You other posters must be "pikers"?
hahahaah!

damon carson
02-18-2007, 08:22 PM
Yeah the wall panels I took a double take on that too! Yikes! Man frightprops is kicking your alls a$$ when it comes to price on those.
Sorry!
Damon

Kevin Dells
02-18-2007, 08:22 PM
O.K, Lets pick a different product. The static prop scarecrow for 750$

IF you used the body form that this company sells as the body that runs 175$, A high figure of 150$ worth of materials for clothing, and another high figure of 150$ for the 2x4 framing (which is really 20$ worth of wood) thats makes a grand total of 475$ to build this prop!

I could build it for less than 100$, but giving the benefit of the doubt i wonder how it's worth 750$,please somebody explain this or am i just being cheap.
I just looked up Scarefactory.com one of the industry's finest prop company's, their splatter series and rotting dead series static props are cheaper than the scarecrow you offer, only two are priced higher but not by much 50$. I urge you to look at their site and compare and then tell me how this can be?

I did look back at what nightmare manor pointed out and yes they are painted with artwork, but lets just say i wanted to build on a clown area to my haunt this year and needed 100 panels(which won't be that much of an addition) Thats going to run me 40,000 $ without tax or shipping!

Pumkin pulp you need to keep a couple of things in mind, we are haunters, we are only open one month a year. We are not laser tag, we are not glow in the dark mini golf and we do not stay open all year to make enough to warrant these costs.

Your artwork is great, i loved the octopus bar! I Loved the solar system paintings you did in New York, but if your going to sell your art,sell your art at an art price. If your going to sell wall panels, sell wall panels for a wall panel price.

Just my 2 cents, not trying to beat you up.

Greg Chrise
02-18-2007, 09:23 PM
I think you will need to see his display in person. Real scenic painting is certainly worth $10 per square foot in this day and age. If a panel is 32 feet that's $320 for one side only just on a sheet of something, no wall system. But, this is a starting point. For a designer such as him or Stewart Smith, there needs to be a certain square footage to be considered a gainful project before going as low as say $5 per square foot. UV type scenes are lights on it looks like something, lights off an entirely different image is present all the way down to black light. It can be two paintings in one requiring 40 hours each. If it is one of a kind there are tricks to get the image onto something large but, it is time consuming labor and craftmanship. Oh, yeah I forgot, that normally goes for $25 per square foot in other venues.

At Trans World you never know who you will run into and what kind of amusement or other venue they may as well have. I'm seeing some intresting concepts and approaches in his completed work and we need some new looks.

I see he does floors and faux rock as well. It's tought to put a per unit price on something that ends up being a complete project bid.

Air brushing alone can charge $175 to $400 per square foot and get it happily. No one ever sees the behind the scenes development, they only think T-shirt airbrush names at the mall.

Yes, a majority of the haunt market can get a failed tattoo artist for a weekend for a subway sandwitch and a case of beer and a promise that he may be someone someday if they stay out of prison. I think this is different and exactly the quality we should be striving for.

Welcome and good luck Brian.

bodybagging
02-19-2007, 03:58 AM
Best wishes and see you at the show, Stop by and see us ay 5916, we are Transworld vendor newbies TOO!!

SpFXChic
02-19-2007, 11:31 AM
Have to agree that some of the items do seem quite over priced.

On a sidenote, I like how the female side of your "half-man, half-woman" prop vaguely resembles Michael Jackson. LOL.