PDA

View Full Version : Hanf-A-Domous has done it again!!!

Rich Hanf
05-06-2010, 04:52 PM
Yes minions...it was just a few short weeks ago that I...Hanf-A-Domous the Great predicted on these very boards that Haunters, via Transworld) would be visiting The Beast and the Edge of Hell in Kansas City. Now, as so many predictions in the past have done, this prediction has come to pass. Transworld will host a "first ever" haunters gathering OFF SEASON specifically so that we as an industry can visit these legendary and secretive attractions. Although I predicted that we would visit them in March thus tieing in with the Tradeshow, the real time of the event is NOVEMBER 12 &13 of this year. I was dismayed to learn that my timing was off so I went back to my astrological charts and the answer was made clear to me. TheMoon was in the second house, and Jupiter lined with Mars...of course the gathering would be the weekend of November 12 &13th. Needless to say, this proves once and for all that I am the seer of things unseen and the knower of things unknown. Hanf-A-Domous the Magnificant...soothsayer to the Haunted Attraction Industry...Sala Bim, Sala Beam. As it is written, so shall it be!!! H

Raycliff Manor
05-06-2010, 05:48 PM
Awesome news Rich! I'll be looking forward to it. I'm not that far away, only a few hours, and I've never been! I've been hearing great reports about the Beast and Edge of Hell since way back when I was living in San Diego! They definitely have an outstanding reputation and I'll be anticipating this for sure!

Kel

sophisticatedterror
05-06-2010, 09:24 PM
the beast and edge of hell are great haunts, but once you have been one time...its always the same pretty much. The darkness blows both of those out of the water IMO. One thing that always bothered me was if there was an emergency it seems like it would be hard as heck to get out of those haunts as not once did I see an emergency exit. Other then that I always thought they were awesome...Ill most likely be there at this event since its not far from me.

Kale

drfrightner
05-06-2010, 11:24 PM
Personally I question the timing of this event, I doubt many haunters can attend because some of us are still open, some are worn out, some are tearing down, and well me personally its all the above plus burnt out.

Additionally you have IAAPA the weekend after. I think this could be a really cool event but I think it should be pushed off until after Thanksgiving or another time of year.

I heard there will be an auction of a bunch of haunt stuff. We'll see how it turns out... On the other hand I know a lot of haunters run around and say WHOS STILL OPEN so they can go visit.

Hard to tell... it will be interesting to see how this works out.

I always say bottom line its nice to have the opportunity to visit other haunts so here is an opportunity. Larry

Barry
05-07-2010, 06:22 AM
I think this is a great idea! The event is not being marketed towards haunters. The target market is more of the home haunter and enthusiasts that are out there and that is what the seminars will cater to. The timing is perfect for this type of event because it does not conflict with any of the haunt shows and is soon enough after the season to allow more haunts to participate.

There will also be a lot of us, like you said Larry, that will go because we want to and can. I am looking forward to it!

Terra
05-07-2010, 08:19 AM
That's fantastic! I'm a home haunter in KC. So, will it be a lights on tour? Also, is there a website that will have updates?

Nightmare_Trance
05-07-2010, 09:36 AM
Yeah Terra, when this was announced I thought you would dig it. Right in your neck of the woods.

Jolly Pumpkin
05-07-2010, 10:04 AM
I'm so excited about this. During September and October I'm unable to visit haunts that aren't in Ohio, Kentucky or Indiana. So I will definately be checking these legendary haunts out even though they're close to 10 hours away. After hearing so many incredible stories about these haunts over the years, there is no way I'm going to miss a chance to experience them.

drfrightner
05-07-2010, 10:53 AM
Hey I'd love to get someone who wants to be a roving reporter for me... anyone interested. If someone is going to go write an article about it for me or make a video on youtube.

I probably wouldn't be able to go but if someone could go for me and make a video or photos and report back what happened that would be great.

Same with MHC anyone interested?

Thanks
Larry

jakprintsHAUNT
05-07-2010, 12:12 PM
Hey I'd love to get someone who wants to be a roving reporter for me... anyone interested. If someone is going to go write an article about it for me or make a video on youtube.

I probably wouldn't be able to go but if someone could go for me and make a video or photos and report back what happened that would be great.

Same with MHC anyone interested?

Thanks
Larry

I might be interested in this Larry, email me and we can talk (haunt@jakprints.com)

Mike "Pogo" Hach

brad
05-08-2010, 11:18 AM
I think this is really cool!! I'm kinda with Larry on the dates. Wished it was later on or the beginning of next year sometime.

But I'm still gonna try to go, if my work schedulde permits.

And if that auction does happen, I'm bringing a ton of cash!!!

damon carson
05-08-2010, 03:13 PM
The Beast and The Edge of Hell are two phenominal haunts. They only change parts of the haunts up maybe every three years. But there scenes are magnificent and I can see why they keep them up as long as they do. I would like to know if this is behind the scenes as well with lights on. This would be a great learning experience to see how these haunts are done with them being multi-level w animals ect. This isnt your ordinary haunted house. The Edge of Hell is legendary. And the building The Beast sits in is unbelievable on the inside. Very detailed and amazing sets. I would like to hear about this tour thats for sure. This will be the first time they have ever allowed something like this. Its too bad they dont open for Transworld w buses and everything.
Damon

chuck weber
05-08-2010, 03:57 PM
for those who are burned out, get some Screamin' Lucy energy drinks and go have some fun. at least the weather will hopefully still be decent for people who have to travel.. have fun guys! I support this 110% .. way to go, RICH ! thanks for posting. These haunts are LEGENDS and must be seen (I'm told) enjoy.

Cookie Crumbler
05-09-2010, 03:43 AM
That is huge. These haunts are excellent!

KeithK
05-09-2010, 11:11 AM
I'm really happy to hear about this also! I've been wanting to see the KC haunts for years. Is this only for The Beast & EOH or will it also include Chambers of Poe & Macabre? Lights-on/Behind the Scenes would be just awesome, but I'll be there whether they do that or not.

danglin
05-09-2010, 08:30 PM
I think it would be a great idea to have them open for haunters to visit after the season. Ben had Netherworld open on November 13 and 14 last year, and we had haunters from all over the US show up. We had a mini convention at a local pizza place before we went to Netherworld, and it was a good wind-down for everyone to actually enjoy someone elses' haunt after working so much on their own. I would definately visit, if it was on a Saturday night.

Rich Hanf
05-10-2010, 04:27 AM
Yo Dewayne...you are in luck. The party / tour is Friday & Saturday Nov 12th & 13th H

scaryguy666
05-11-2010, 10:23 PM
Is there a tour with the lights on and a tour with the live actors? Is the first night light on with behind the seens and the second night with live actors? OR vica/versa?

Thanks

Danny

damon carson
05-12-2010, 02:13 PM
Danny with your spelling and wording you should have tried to finished the 8th grade! Oh I forgot you only went to 6th. Thats where Arkansas stops teaching.
Damon

MDKing
05-12-2010, 03:07 PM
Damon,

Wasn't Bill Clinton from Arkansas? Wasn't he a Rhodes Scholar?

Allan

chuck weber
05-12-2010, 04:26 PM
he was a DUSTY RHODES scholar and he also plays the WHORE-MONICA (cheap laughter!) MD KING, you and your haunt ROCK !!!!

MDKing
05-12-2010, 05:26 PM
Thanks Chuck.

Allan

scaryguy666
05-12-2010, 06:42 PM
I know. Arkanas actually only go's to the 4th grade. That's why I can not read, write, spell or do math.

damon carson
05-13-2010, 09:54 AM
Danny you almost got that posting right without any mistakes. But its Arkansas. Its spelled different than it sounds. I know thats a tough one for you Danny. Anyway yeah Bill is from Arkansas but that has nothing to do with Danny. Danny is from the South. The Deep South. He is from the boothill of Arkansas. Now I know your gonna say there isnt a boothill of Arkansas but believe me he is from the boothill! Out in the middle of nowhere with the sticks, the twigs, the animals and a banjo.
Damon

HauntedMemphis
05-14-2010, 09:36 AM
I know. Arkanas actually only go's to the 4th grade. That's why I can not read, write, spell or do math.

I live right next to Arkansas, and know that it has schools beyond 4th grade. (I can't vouch for how well attended they are.) I think you might be mixing up age of consent with education levels offered. I think that is around 4th graders.

scaryguy666
05-17-2010, 03:04 PM
it was a 6th grade education. then we loaded up the truck and moved to beverly hills. lol

damon carson
05-17-2010, 03:30 PM
You got that backwards you dug up the cement pond then you came to Missouri. Claiming you were from Cali - forn- ia. LOL! Danny be proud your from Arkansas. Dont try to hide it. Its not working. Ha Ha!
Damon

chuck weber
05-17-2010, 06:25 PM
ed-jew-macation remember? Jethro Bodine trivia that's how he said it.

scaryguy666
05-18-2010, 01:18 AM
It is ed-jew-macation. But i would spell that wrong too. we did have a cement pond at one time. And anytime I go to a swimming pool I call it a cement pond. We were not shooting and some feed and found oil. But the boothills of Arkansas is really messed up and has crazy people that live there. It is called the Ozark Mountains and is most of northern Arkansas.

damon carson
05-18-2010, 10:52 AM
I thought he said. Edjamacation? I dont know its been awhile since I watched the Beverly Hillbillies. Danny if you didnt post late at night drunk maybe someone might be able to read what the hell your trying to type. Im telling you it is a major struggle even for me! Man go back to school get your G.E.D or your A.D.D or your N.B.A or something man! LOL! You need help!
Damon

scaryguy666
05-18-2010, 08:48 PM
Well I understood G.E.D and A.D.D.. But what is N.B.A. Basketball? And it's easier to actually understand me when I've been drinking my corn whiskey or moonshine. Just whatever we have in the stail in my back yard..... Well I have said to much.

FEAR ASYLUM
05-18-2010, 09:07 PM
Lol wow I'm from Arkansas it's where I live. And raise and support my family , I have served in the USMC. And am a proud father . Of 1 Damon I met you at transworld but you proably don't remember though you were quite busy , Next year I hope to meet more people though and share and teach and learn from every one. It is that time again . So get to work you all be safe and God speed my friends .

damon carson
05-19-2010, 12:02 AM
Danny its Whisky Still. Hey Fear sorry I dont recall meeting you? What exactly was I doing at the Show when I met you. You said I was busy? Was I talking to a vendor? Im at a loss. Any way back to you Danny. Stay off the corn whiskey and quit posting so late at night. And maybe your post might be more legable. Were you dressed as a zombie Fear on Saturday with the tall skinny zombie dude? LOL!
Damon

scaryguy666
05-19-2010, 02:32 AM
You miss spelled legible. L-e-g-i-b-l-e. Not legable. Dont worry about it though. I had to actually look it up in a dictionary to find out. Did we go to the same school perhaps. But you did go to the 7th grade. I only went to the 6th grade. L.M.A.O.

damon carson
05-19-2010, 03:49 PM
Hey Im entitled to a few words being spelled wrong every now in then. I am a haunter. Most haunters on here are guilty of that time to time. Anyway I do have a few diplomas to show how far I went in school. What about you Danny? Its never to late.
Damon

scaryguy666
05-19-2010, 05:06 PM
Yes. I agree I need some kind of diploma. I keep putting it off though. Where I went to school in Arkansas the teachers only went up to the 8th grade. I do have a banjo and grandpappy taught me how to play it. { There went my A.D.D. lol} But we did have the wild animals, sticks, mountains and moonshine. Watch out for the wild alligators in my cement ponds. Hahaha.

Danny

KeithK
09-12-2010, 08:58 PM
Is there any more info on this? Just wondering where everyone is staying and if I need to sign up somewhere, etc. Also, is there any behind-the-scenes/lights-on stuff planned? Really looking forward to seeing these haunts!

Speculo
09-12-2010, 09:22 PM
Here is the latest info:

http://legendaryhaunttour.com/

Thanks!