PDA

View Full Version : Two New Alien Movies

shawnc
05-10-2010, 01:32 AM
http://movies.msn.com/superfans/science-fiction-movies/blog/ridley-scott-to-make-two-alien-prequels/?GT1=28153

The only thing that looks disappointing so far is they want to do them in 3D. Too often that means compromising on the storyline and regular special effects in order to do the 3D thing.

soultrkr
05-13-2010, 06:46 PM
that depends if it is filmed in 3d if it is 2d then converted well those tend to look a little blah.
hopefully they will not do the usless WOOOooo shots

chuck weber
05-24-2010, 06:03 PM
would love to see anything keep it comin !

shawnc
05-24-2010, 07:12 PM
would love to see anything keep it comin !

No! Wrong attitude. If they're going to spend anywhere from $25 to $325 million to make a movie, then do it right and make it good. The problem is we are too willing to settle for "anything."

derekatronic
06-10-2010, 12:54 PM
It worries me a bit that he's going to try to trump Avatar with this. If Ridley Scott actually said that, I hope he means to do it on his own terms, rather than just making a special effects dazzlefest - now with twice the dazzle.

I thought the first Alien was great because it was so purely horror. He's really good at bringing the emotion and humanity into movies, so hopefully that's how it would trump Avatar.

Oh, and I don't mean bring in humanity as in have humans be the ones that engineered the xenomorphs. boooring. That would make the Alien distinctly less alien, dontcha think? Maybe the coolest scene in Alien is where the crew is investigating the gigantic unknown spaceship, full of technologies and architectures completely foreign to us.